Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Getting settled in / a big day of adventure

+2
De'Ryanna Aybara
Cadmon Lennan Dewayne
6 posters

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

Getting settled in / a big day of adventure - Page 3 Empty Re: Getting settled in / a big day of adventure

Post by Beastie Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:13 pm

(Warning...yep you guessed it cursing)

He chuckled inwardly for a moment, sending a brief message to Seleen of what he was ab out to do, then sending an image to his mother of what was going on.

The sound of the head hitting the ground would be heard, but Dre would be gone. He loved this part of being a Dracon. He moved through the shadows and came on the other side of the carriage as well. Bright Red orbs looking at the back of the cat.

In a whispery voice he spoke, "No one has harmed you yet friend. But you did hapen to choose the wrong carriage. The owner of this one is very protective of it and those in it. Now since we do not know you and you do not know us at all, how do you think it vithing looks at present. I would not try to use my mother's guests as shields and for vith's sake do not run. Now would be the time to be talking instead of destorying. I am in no mood to Dance right now."
Beastie
Beastie

Number of posts : 1596

Back to top Go down

Getting settled in / a big day of adventure - Page 3 Empty Re: Getting settled in / a big day of adventure

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:15 pm

Even as a vampire Seleen couldn't keep her weapon trained on him long enough to get him before he got behind the coach, and no, she wouldn't fire through the coach. But there were still two guards on the roof of the Inn who had a shot if they needed to take it.

All she wanted was for him to state his intentions, he could have simply used the door of the Inn like everyone else and all this could have been avoided. Who knew, he might have even invited to join them on their adventure. But he chose his path, and now he was going to answer to them. They were nothing if not serious about protecting the God's and Goddess inside. After all, it would never do to let God's of Rhy'Din to come under attack in Rhy'Din.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:17 pm

She had gone back inside only to see the creature there. And what a creature it was. These were things you don't see everyday. She wasn't even shocked that it could talk. She would have been surprised if it hadn't spoken.

Vesta was never one for listening very much to directions - either for better or for worse - and she placed herself by the panther? It looked something like one.

"All you trigger happy people make us seem like some hostiles and crazy folk. All that shot first and ask later. Didn't you hear what he said?" She looked at all those trigger happy people. "Haven't you ever heard of couf? God forbid a squirrel were to fall out if it's tree and land on your feet. Ya'd probably shoot it dead for thinking it was trying to kill ya." Feh.

"And you you.. you very large man." She was talking to Dre, for he was tall. "I don't know that word you said but it's no good to go threatening people. All of you all just chill. God. Can't have anyone even sneeze..."

She could have been too interested in learning new things but, it's how she was. Then Vesta smiled at the scared creature. "Hi."
Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Number of posts : 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:34 pm

The best way to get answers out of any feral animal certainly was to trap it. He turned and barred his fangs at the one who had excellently snuck up on him. The flight option was gone, now there was only fight.

That was untill he heard the one inside the carriage talk. That was hte most sense anyone had made so far. He stopped his soon to be assault on the one behind him and turned back to the carriage with a toothy smile on his face.

"Well hello! I did not mean to scare. If they do not point their odd weapons away from me however I will defend me. I am Sky, i have been staying in the gardens of recent around here."

He looked to all the people with weapons. He was certainyl going to try and fight his way out if he had too. He didn't want to. It is amazing what a cats curiosity could get him into.
Sky
Sky

Number of posts : 421

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:43 pm

Seleen had heard what he had said, and that was why the guards on the roof had not fired. As for Dre, he was simply trying to find out what the being wanted. "Vesta, come here please." She was so glad that Cad and Nephalei hadn't been so quick to accept this things presence.

She did however lower her gun, she was in the wrong possition to fire it anyway. But for Vesta's sake she gave a touch of ground on this. "Isah, Joseph, lower your weapons please." That was all the give Vesta was going to get. Someone should teach this being that there is a right and a wrong way to introduce yourself to the inhabitants of an Inn.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:50 pm

"It's not your fault these people jump to guns whenever they get a chance." That was said to Sky. "Thy way they react to things I'd say that they do a poor job. of protecting something." Stressing those two words as she turned her head around to catch some of them.

"If you're trying to hide something you don't pull out the army. All that does it let people know that you're trying to keep people from finding something out. Alerts them. I should know. When trying to hide something you don't panic." Again with the stressed words.

"And I think I'm gonna stay next to my friend Sky here before you guys go shooting off his head. You're a vampire. Can'tcha tell if someone's meaning wrong? First ya go and threaten Gillian just for getting irritated and now this guy cause he chose to enter into our area in a unique way." Looked at Seleen as she said that.

She picked at her shirt. No couf. "Jumping on the carriage was probably a natural instict for you. Oh yeah. I'm Vesta. Trigger happy over there is Seleen. And.. I don't know who the big dude is."

Last edited by Vesta Voui on Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:50 pm

He began to shift back to his Dracon form, and cocked his head as the creature hissed at him. He let out a low growl and spoke softly. "No need to cough up a hairball. "

Looking at the lass that spoke he said simply, "For one, lass, the word I used may be a bit big for your britches. For two, if you had listened to what I had said, I did not threaten anyone. I said I did not wish to Dance-what you would call a fight lass. But one must understand the postion of those that are doing their job and take pride in those jobs. You are a guest in my mother's carriage lass, and you know she is protective. I know Seleen there has sworn to protect her and all those close to her, as I am sure these men have as well.

"Now can one truly fault them for acting the way they have when," he looks to the cat creature,"Sky, is it?" He looks back at the lass, "When Sky here chose the course of action he chose. One thing for both of you to remember, every person does as they do for a reason and sometimes choices lead to a Dance faster then anything. If you doubt me, mayhap you should inquire some about Dreconis."

With that he turned and walked away. Every move sleek and and casual, but it was easy to see he was ready to fight at a moment's notice. "Sky, a word of advice. There is a lass here name Tasha, avoid her. Let her come to you when ready. There would not be a chance to talk to her if you approach her."

He stopped and gathered his apple, looking at it. He shrugged took a bite and tossed it into the carriage. He spoke to Seleen, telling her what he had found out and giving a good descripation of the guy and a few choice words about the lass. He touched her shoulder and excused himself, going to see about his room.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:54 pm

Keven and Andrew were up on the roof and had not been told to lower their weapons. Keven had the better line of site, and he saw the cat turn to Dre and hiss at him, ready to fight. "Uh uh uh, kitty. It's not a good idea to attack the God of War. You might get hurt." Then he saw the cat turn it's head to talk to someone inside the coach.

Andrew saw who he was talking to. "Lady Vesta, you should really let us handle this situation."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:02 pm

"You are right i tend to travel high. As you can see there is no trees here for me to travel in. I was curious as to what was going on and tis, uh carriage you call it? It just looks like a small building."

He travelled a lot on buildings, so it was his natural reaction to stay high were he felt safe. He retracted his claws as far back as they could go and moved closer to the one being friendly. She was clearly a safe way out of this and she seemed pretty nice to boot.

"You should not be so harsh, if they have a job to do they do it the best way they know how right? I am in their territory, despite the fact that i had my tail lowered and my ears perked."

Ofcourse that was a non hostile approach but he did not know most people did not know that. He decided to stick by his own thoughts of honey and vinegar and yadda yadda.

"They all reacted quickly and too the situation and all is well i am not hurt and neither is anyone else"
Sky
Sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:07 pm

"Lady Vesta, you should really let us handle this situation."

She heard then and moved to get a better look at those on the roof. "There is no situation. The only situation here is the fact that you all have no tolerance for people who do things differently then expected." She was slightly aggitated that they wanted to shot the creature. People were always judging here and ready to pass some conviction before they knew what was going on. It was the same thing with this panther creature.

They saw him as a threat and wanted him gone. "Of course he looks ready to attack now but that's only because you all came at him with guns a-blazing. I'd be the same way so back off." Did Vesta know the panther? No, she didn't, but she chose to take a stand by him anyway. Besides, he wasn't hurting her, and she gave him no reason to think she would hurt him.

"You didn't know this was anything special. If anything they should apologize to you."
Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:22 pm

Seleen sighed. "Dre, could you go let your mom know that he have things under control up here please sweety?" She was getting even more angry because of Vesta. "I hope she's done with all that healing soon. I for one need a nap."

She walked over to the coach and slid her gun back into it's place. Then she walked around to the other side of the coach and stood before the feral creature. She chose to speak to both of them. But before she did she looked up to Andrew and Kevin. She was not willing to block their shots just in case.

"Number one, I do not have that power to sence when someone does or does not mean anyone harm. Number two, we are here to protect her, not hide her. She has a few enimies and we want to make sure that they do not come for her in her weakened state. You cannot simply hide a God, especialy a God of Rhy'Din when we are in freakin Rhy'Din."

Yes, she was homesick, tired, and getting hungry. So she was a little crabby. "Number three, we were not panicing, we were doing as we are trained to do. We were reacting to his very unceremonious way of making his presence known. Sky is it? Next time, use a dang door. And Vesta, as for your friend Gilligan as you call him, he was there to find his girlfriend or wife or whatever that Inion lady is to him. I saw him meeting up with her when Cad and I were leaving. And the way he was getting angry it seemed to the Goddess that you might be in a little danger. She's very hypersensative to these things."

Yes, she was raising her voice a little, but she was angry. So she figured she'd take the volume down a notch so she wouldn't sound like she was yelling. "Look, Sky, when you jumped onto the roof of the coach, you cought us unaware, we have no idea who you are or who you might be working for. As I have said, we have a recouperating Goddess within that Inn, she has enimies. So, if you swear allegence to anyone, or call anyone master, I hope that you will take this chance to let us know now who it could be. But if you are as innocent as I hope you are for Vesta's sake, then prove it and I will have my men stand down."

She turned to face Vesta. "And you, sweet, innocent, nieve child. Please, remember this one thing for me. You, are mortal, not everyone in Rhy'Din is. There are a whole lot of beings in this world who can and will hurt you. That 'big guy' you refer to is Dreconis Dragonis-Darkmane. He is a Fire Drake, he is Drow, he is the son of the Goddess downstairs, and he is the God of Wind and War. He can be the very best friend you ever had, or he can be the worst foe you will ever meet. Try to become his friend why don'tcha?"

With all that being said she awaited a responce from the two. If she liked the answers she got, Kevin and Andrew would be told to lower their weapons and the men could go back to sitting around playing cards or whatever they were doing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:30 pm

"well first... use a door? I am outside what door would i be using to continue to be outside. That doesn't even make sense to me. Also... " His facial expression become real serious just for a moment as he responded to this still hostile person. "... I swear myself or bend knee to no master, including the Gods... my power is Nihilistic."

He didn't have a hostile stance by any means, he did however have a tense stance as if meant to flee if he had to. He was clearly outnumbered and they had hte jump on him.

"She is right about one aspect, just becuase something i did may seem unceremonious or rude to you... Doesn't mean it is the same for me or my kind. I do not have to prove my innocence about anything. I don't accuse you of doing anything wrong, you just did your job. I didn't do anything wrong to have to explain myself."
Sky
Sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:53 pm

Seleen wasn't a fan of his tone, but he did say he swore allegence to none. So she raised her arm and brought it down signaling them to lower their weapons and go back to looking like guys just hanging out. "If you understand that we are only doing our jobs then you understand too that we needed to know if you were sent here by the Drider or the Lych or anyone else who may wish the Goddess harm. As far as my comment about using a door. Had you used a door and entered the Inn like others or had exited that same door to approach us, or I guess even simply walked up and said Hi, we would not have been so suspicious of your motives."

She looked at Vesta for a moment again. "I will not appologise for our actions. We were just doing our jobs. But, you are no longer in danger from us, unless your actions require us to act again. So you are free to go, or stay, or whatever you so choose." She turned to walk back around to make sure the horses were ready and that the driver she requested was there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:00 pm

He eyed her warily, he himself was not so quick to trust anyone. He begin to smooth down his fur, which had raised in all the action to make him look like he was larger then what he was.

"I wasn't moving suspiciously. If i was intending harm i would have stalked not made myself so obvious YOU would have noticed me. Maybe the Draken since he also moves in the shadows. I'm a hunter not a fool. In the future you will know that if i appear or let myself be seen then i mean no harm. Hopefully this is a lesson well learned about how anthros travel. Esspecially tree dwellers like myself."

Yeah he was articulate enough. He was still feral ofcourse and tended to react like a cheetah and not like the domestics roaming around here.

"I think ill stick around, maybe we can make the next step on a different foot."
Sky
Sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephalei Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:15 pm

((Okay, wow, quite a lot happened overnight. ^^U So Sky and I have a bit of a dilemma here:

Right now -- or technically "yesterday" -- Sky and Neffie are just meeting each other in the Zen Garden. Should they acknowledge each other now as knowing each other...? Since technically the thread at the garden is before this in continuity...?

/confuzzled))

Nephalei

Number of posts : 96

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:17 pm

((yeah because we would have reached that point and still can lol))
Sky
Sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:09 pm

(yeah that's right. sneaking on at work for a quick post before the boss sees me! Gotta love working on a computer. Please don't hate me cause of my character.)

"Maybe your goddess should mind her own business and quit thinking she knows whats best." That part said slighlty under her breath but it was clear enough. Enforcers. Always butting in, thinking that they knew what the right thing was all the time when they really had no clue at all. They never knew when to not meddle. Thinking she was in danger that time. That alone might have cost her a chance at gaining a friend. And it nearly had.

So she wouldn't be talking to the empty spot where Seleen had been she followed her around, but at a slight distance. "And I'll have you know that my actions were not the ones that caused Sky over there feel the need to bare teeth and claws to defend himself. You can be killed anywhere. Here, back home, we can get shot going the next block over. Call me naive if you want but you, and all those other god and goddess here, don't know who I am, or who any of the other people staying, or working at this Inn are. For all you know we could be your enemies in the guise of friends. " It was true. From what she's seen, things in this place were not as they appeared.

Her tone was conversational. As though she could be talking about the weather. "If you're going to think that everyone's your enemy, or every time a person snarls they are going to go on a murderous rampage, then you have deep rooted issues of paranoia and need help." Of course, she went back to her pose of hands folded behind her head. A very laid back stance to her figure.
Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:23 pm

((hate to but in OOC wise, but man am I so glad that Dre is outta there...lol. And for those that know Dre will understand why.))
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:34 pm

Things were getting heated, ral heated. He had tried to diffuse the situation and claim no one to be at fault but apparently the females were fighting for Alpha dominance so he just took a few steps back to let them have at it. He looked around a little bit to make sure none was still pointing weapons at him. He didn't see any arrows in them but by the way they held them they were clearly projectile weapons.

"Well i see that my curiousity has gotten something going again. You would think i would learn huh? Instincts i tell ya, instincts."

He placed a hand on his hip shaking his head slowly, there was nervousness in his stance still with all the weapons all over the place. He carried his weapons with him all the time too so he couldn't blame them.
Sky
Sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephalei Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:47 pm

((Okay, so I know that the thread Sky and I have going in the garden isn't done yet, but I figure it's far enough along to have a good grasp on the type of conversation they'd have had, roughly, anyway

...also, gonna explain where Neffie has been all this time. She...uh... went to get something. Yeah. XD))

It turned out that Nephalei had forgotten to bring a bag or a purse - something that she figured she'd need. "I'm sorry, I'll be right back," she'd said to the others, and slipped back inside.

When she came back out, it seemed like all hell had broken loose. Seleen seemed terribly cranky Vesta seemed more fired-up than usual, and there were more firearms in sight than Nephalei felt comfortable being around.

And... Sky was there?

"Gracious, what happened?" She let the door swing closed behind her and stood there, looking at the chaos. How'd she miss all this in a few minutes?

She turned to Sky, who seemed to be trying to stay out of the fight between Vesta and Seleen (a fight that Nephalei also wanted no part in. Those were two women she didn't want to get between.) "What happened, Sky?" She caught wind of Vesta and Seleen's conversation - just a few words - then asked, "...Did you have something to do with this?" It wasn't accusatory. Just curious.

Nephalei

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:54 pm

"Boy well i am not very good at lying... so i will be honest. I came here to see what was going on you see. I found out that this is a 'Carriage' not a building. Apparently it warrents weapons pulled on you to jump on it. Well the situation calmed as they found i was not trouble. However those two went at it about protection and weapons being drawn and so on so forth and now they are bumping heads!"

After that he gave a shrug and slipped way from teh two fighting over to Nephali. He felt just a tad safer with someone he knew a little better and not right by the dead center of attention. All he could really do was give an abridged version of the story since it went so fast.
"You belive me when I say i was not trying to start anything right?"
Sky
Sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephalei Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:00 pm

Oh dear. That didn't sound very pleasant at all. For anyone.

And from the looks of the effects, it wasn't. She watched Vesta and Seleen fight and had a feeling that it could last all day. Neither seemed like the type to easily back down.

"You belive me when I say i was not trying to start anything right?"

Her eyes widened slightly and she immediately nodded. "Of course I do! I know I haven't known you for long, but I'd never think that you would try to start trouble." Her eyes moved from Sky's face, to Vesta and Seleen, to the firearms, to the carriage. "I probably shouldn't be saying anything, since I wasn't even here, but... what this looks like at a glance is just a misunderstanding that's gotten a bit out of hand."

Nephalei

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:15 pm

"I am glad you feel that way. I agree entirely a misunderstanding. I think it might take them both a while to fully understand that however. Maybe its best if they hash it out?"

He seemed unsure of hte whole situation, after all they had decided to suddenly go at it about htis whole thing and what could he do. He crossed his arms over his chest and took a deep breath, before letting out a long sigh.

"A little scarey aren't they?"
Sky
Sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadmon Lennan Dewayne Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:56 pm

Cad just sat ther chuckling and shaking his head. He had gotten into the coach when he had been told to. Far be it from him to not listen to a vampire. He absently rubbed at his inner theigh. "Hey Nephalei, and cat man, what was it, oh Sky. Why don't you two join me in here where it's nice and cool and let those two fight it out so we can get going. I'm getting hungry, it's like getting to be lunch time."

He kinda found the "cat" fight funny. Two hot women going at it, but they weren't yelling enough. And where was a pool of pudding when you needed one. He wished for some magic so he could make a plastic pool appear and magicly fill it with chocolate pudding. "Hey, Sky, wanna head into town with us?"

((Also sneakin in while at work, but need to go again, we're boarding up the windows and closing the offices down til monday or so. Heh, I live in the town next to V-mun.))
Cadmon Lennan Dewayne
Cadmon Lennan Dewayne

Number of posts : 131

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:23 pm

"First of all, everyone in Rhy'Din is her business. She will have to spend eternity making sure that no one in Rhy'Din who is innocent is harmed. She feels everything you do, everything everyone here feels. She is cursed for eternity to being sick to her stomach everytime someone cries, get's scared, get's a freakin paper cut. And she did all this to herself for one reason and one reason only."

With that she swirled around in the blink of an eye and had Vesta's head bent to the side holding it in place by pulling her hair and had a gun pointed at her chin with the other hand. She had her fangs bared and was within inches of her throat.

"She did all this because we were on the verge of causing the extinctiuon of the human race, and she wanted to save you. She will be sick to her stomach and be highly combustable for eternity so that you may still draw breath. So make no mistake, this was her choice, I followed her out of loyalty to the woman who made me a vampire. But if she were not 'butting in' on other people's business, man would have been extinct a long long time before you ever even came into existance. I protect her so that she can protect you. Deal with it."

She released her and walked over to check the reins on the horses. She didn't want any other situations. She looked up to the man seated atop the coach and nodded to him. Then she walked over and held the door for Vesta. "All who are headed to the keep with us please get in so we can go. I assure you, I have nothing against any of you personaly. But please, do not ever insult the Goddess or her son again. And Sky, as Cad said, you are welcome to join us, there is room."

((Yes she heard Cad, she's vampire. No, she wasn't really going to shoot or bite Vesta, it was for dramatic effect. Yes, the coaches are western style, think like the black stretch limo's of western stage coaches. I think that covers it. And Cad-mun, safe journey.))

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next