Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Getting settled in / a big day of adventure

+2
De'Ryanna Aybara
Cadmon Lennan Dewayne
6 posters

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Getting settled in / a big day of adventure - Page 8 Empty Re: Getting settled in / a big day of adventure

Post by Guest Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:01 pm

"I sleep durring the day because vampires are, well, kind of alergic to sunlight. This ring I'm wearing on my right index finger is sort of enchanted, the stone is like an allergy medication, it makes me immune to the sun's rays. I havn't slept since the day before we fled Earth. I've had too many things to do. There are others who know how to get to the keep, but they are all quite busy today. So I was elected. Besides, I wanted to go play in the castle anyway."

They all walked as they talked. She hoped that her explination made sence. Before they knew it they were at the pub. She watched as Cad opened the door for everyone to enter. She let Nephalei and Vesta in first. "If you want to wait out here Sky, we won't mind. We're just going to get our food and come back out here. If you want to get us a table."

Back to top Go down

Getting settled in / a big day of adventure - Page 8 Empty Re: Getting settled in / a big day of adventure

Post by Sky Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:23 pm

"Yes i belive i will stay out here... That sounds like something i can manage. What is table?"

It really wasn't his fault but why would he know what a table was. He definately wouldn't have used one from where he was from. He ate everything that he hunted and most of the time straight off the ground.

"I will get you table... What it look like?"

Despite the fact that sometimes he spoke and the slight rasp. he managed to get his words out quite smooth.
Sky
Sky

Number of posts : 421

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:40 pm

((Sky-mun, you just let me keep posting under the wrong SN LOL, thanks, if I went back and corrected it now it would mess the entire thing up. WOW, I have not had a blonde moment this big in years. LOL Sorry everyone. It seems to be my day for blonde moments and it's all Dre-mun's fault for messing me up with those lyrics so early this morning.))

"A table would be a large elevated flat object that would have places to sit around it. I'm sorry." Seleen was already getting so used to Sky being around that she sometimes forgot where he was from.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:06 pm

((lol like sky said sometimes you gotta adjust and keep going. I thought there was an important reason lol do i kept playing...))

"Okat table flat object with places to sit around, go find you one. I can do that. You can go get your food i will take care of my duty."

He turned and headed off to go find a table. He had rememberd seeing something like that before after all.
Sky
Sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:16 pm

((Nope, just a moment of pure dingyness.))

She smiled as she walked into the pub. She walked over to the bar and ordered a raw steak and a bottle of bloodwine with one glass. "And whetever my companions want as well please." She pulled out some gold to pay the tab. Once her food and wine came she waited for everyone else and then went out to sit with Sky.

"Great spot Sky, thanks." She sat down to eat. She cut a peice of steak with her fork and knife and offered it to Sky. "Want a bite? It's cow."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:22 pm

What she lacked to notice was Sky had not moved anywher yet there was a table and chairs in front of him. He had quite literally went grabbed table and chairs and brought them right here. He was told to go 'get' a table after all.

"No thank you, i ate rabbit. Can't get to stuffed or won't run right."

He was still actaully pacing a little to keep his legs moving so he wouldn't siffen up. He took the peice offered to him though carefully with his claws and pushed it into his mouth. He gave a very sour expression then.

"Not fresh..."
Sky
Sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:18 pm

Seleen looked again and did notice that the table and chairs were a little close to the door. She smiled. She chuckled when he got that look on his face. "Naa, it was probably butchered yesterday and kept on ice. I'll remember your freshness prefrence next time I feed. Less waste with you around." She laughed again and continued eating.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:24 pm

He shook his head laughing quietly. Humans and their customs made him smile.

"Are you... you mean it? Day old? Only vultures and hyenas eat food that is that old. I eat only food that is extremely fresh."
Sky
Sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:55 pm

"Well, I prefer fresh too, like still has a pulse when I get my hands on it. But I will settle for a steak when I want something to chew on." She usualy just drank, but sometimes, something solid was what she was craving.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:04 pm

"I eat mine while they still have blood flowing as well. It keeps it nice tender and warm."

He didnt stop walking back and forth keeping his legs warmed up, as a matter of fact he had his noise to the air looking fo water. Everything in the air was cluttered with the scent of human.
Sky
Sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:08 pm

Seleen looked at him curriously for a moment. "What, something wrong? Or are you looking for something?" She had that piece of meat on the fork just in frontof her face like she had been frozen in mid bite.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:15 pm

"I am looking for water. I am very thirsty, i have been running for quite some way. However it is very hard because of the extra things. The cooking... the... the waste. It covers the scent of everything really."
Sky
Sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:24 pm

"There is a fresh water spring down the road over there. It's the towns main water supply so they might prefer is you use a bowl to drink from. They keep some down there and there are some nice ladies who do nothing all day other than scoop water into bowls for animals to drink from and into pots and things for human's to transport and use in their homes."

She remembered stopping there when she was on her way from the keep back to New Haven earlier in the week.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:48 am

Sky looked around a bit and stepped hesitantly away three steps before he backed up and came back over to the table. He was rubbing his clawed hand down the fur on his arm.

"Uhm... perhaps i will wait to get a drink... i uh... will just wait i think."
Sky
Sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:56 am

Seleen took another bite of steak and nodded. She wasn't always comfortable in new places or around straingers herself, so she understood. When she finnished what she was eating she spoke, never one to talk with her mouth full.

"Ok, that's fine. We pass some of the spring on the way to the market. Mmm, which reminds me, you guys might want to wait until tomorrow to wander around New Haven, it might be rather late by the time we are through at the castle."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:03 am

"I understand, and thank you. I do not sleep much, as for the others i not sure. I do like to.... 'lounge around' i heard it referred as? Take what you all call cat naps. I do not sleep much and am up before the sun breaks the horizon."

He looked over to the horizon as if the sun was cascading over it now. Ofcourse that wasn't the case but he sure did keep looking as old memories of his tribe passed through his mind.

"Every moon cycle morning we... thankful for another cycle in morning... "

It sounded as if he had more to say. He ended it with that and kept staring.
Sky
Sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:08 am

Once again he had her currious, but she wasn't going to butt in or pry. "Well, when I get back to the Inn, I'm going to seeif there is anything else Venis needs, then once I am done, I am going to shower and sleep. I'm going to get as many hours as I can. At least all night and all day."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:13 am

"It is a pity... i mean that so many require so much sleep. I feel life is wasted on rest. Ofcourse lack of rest not kill me. I need sleep like any else... at night, i sleep little. See things not all see. Wish i could show so many..."

He seemed to be getting frusterated as he spoke. He even let out a soft growl.

"Cant explain... i don't know the words... to tell."
Sky
Sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:27 am

"There's some poet where I'm from, hell if I can remember his name." Vesta was talking while she was eating. Wasn't anything big that she ate, a bit of this and a bit of that. "But he said that death was mini bits of death. Something like that. It's really quite funny when you think of that and hear people say that they'll sleep when they are dead."

Very random addition to the conversation wasn't it? "I sleep. I don't get all the sleep I need, but I get enough. Sometimes you don't have time to sleep. Like in school when finals are around the corner, you got papers due, and you haven't studied or written anything? Yep. no sleep there. Just you, three cases of energy drinks, and computer screen."

Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Number of posts : 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:45 am

"I have no understanding of what you just said. The words... i hear them. I do not... know them though. The ones i do know i do not understand order... paper due?"

Yeah that was a good bit of honesty, but really he did not even know the concept of lying. He did have concept of withholding the truth but he didn't lie.
Sky
Sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:12 am

Seleen smiled. "Sky, as man evolved, he began to educate himself in an effort to advance further. He began to record the things that happened throughout time in order to never forget the past, came up with more and more advanced meathods of mathmatics, began making rules for the proper usage of words in different languages, things like that. Eventualy youths were given tasks to accomplish outside of the educational part of the day that had become known as school. They called it homework. To have a paper due is to have a very important piece of homework due. These tasks are usualy allotted more time than just one night. Some students like to wait until the night before it is due to even start it."

She looked at Vesta out of the corner of her eye knowing that this was indeed the case with her and she smiled and winked at her. It was a small gesture to show that Vesta should be ashamed because she knew better.

"When they do this it interupts their sleep cycle because they are trying to do several nights work in one night. The energy drinks are supposed to help them stay awake to do this and the computer is a piece of technology that was created to make life easier."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:48 am

He stared at Seleen. Thats right a big cat eyed ear perked blank stare. He was totally lost and didnt even have anything to say about it. He blinked absently a few times and contined to stare at Seleen with that empty look.
Sky
Sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:57 am

She leaned forward a bit. "I work good under pressure. Beside it's fun. Who doesn't like the challenge of needing to turn in a 30-page comprehensible thesis in three days? Pft. I'm in it for the thrill."

She trusted her skills. They had gotten her by thus far and pretty darn well too. She'd never tell anyone that she did all her work last minute. Well. Not all her work. Anything artsy she always liked to do. It was the writing she always delayed on.

"It's like if you had some type of hunting contest you were in, or a race. You know that you can easily win and therefore you wait until the last moment. Not because you don't want to race - though that could be a reason too - but because you know that even if you started hours before it ended, you could still win, or be in the top three, so you don't bother starting when everyone else does."

And everyone said: procrastinator.

Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Number of posts : 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:05 am

Seleen thought she was begining to loose her touch. The look Sky gave her was horrable. She had only managed to confuse him more. She took a big swig from her wine while shaking a finger at Vesta. When she removed the glass from her lips she spoke.

"Shame on you kido. Does any of the information ever stick when you do that? I mean, you're not giving your brain enough time to absorb the information your feeding it."

She listened to her trying to explain things to Sky. Vesta's explination sounded a lot better than her own had.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:50 am

"Racing and running... natural talent i have been honing for years... never stop trying to get better. Even though you could do well.... uh in your studies... Wouldn't you want better then best?"

It was the best way he could word it, he was always fast, but never as fast as he was now. Maybe except in war time when he was constantly working on his abilities.

"Trying to learn for so long... i still not know much... no.....'last minute' for me. Too much er.... pride."
Sky
Sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next