Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Getting settled in / a big day of adventure

+2
De'Ryanna Aybara
Cadmon Lennan Dewayne
6 posters

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Getting settled in / a big day of adventure - Page 12 Empty Re: Getting settled in / a big day of adventure

Post by Beastie Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:59 pm

He cocked his head and moved jusgt enough that wood missed a part of him that was missing scales. Slavery was one thing he knew. He looked at her and said, "Of course I did not want my sister hurt. But it seems odd that she tells you one thing, and me another. She told me she did not want me near for fear that vi..." he took a deep breath, " that Vlad would get his hands on me. So do not sit there and tell me what to feel and what to think. My mother felt nothing. This I fully beilieve, not with everything else going on around her. How do I know this? Because she seemed surprise at what all I went through.

"Now you can stand there and break the wood. Or you can show the guests the Keep as was promised. Your chocie, but remember that Seleen. It is YOUR choice. No one else's. And if you are angry at mother, then tell her. She will listen and if not. Well beat it out of her. Advice, do it one on one and not as you are doing with me. She does not like seeing wood get snapped.

"As for me. Do not worry. I survive, it is what I do. I survived this long with an elf and a human. May the Gods keep them safe or face my wraith. " He looked at her and his voiced softened,"Seleen maybe you think mother abadoned you. Me I think it was to show you something. That you are strong and that you still have a heart."

With that he stood and walked away. Soound the sound of metal on metal was heard once more.
Beastie
Beastie

Number of posts : 1596

Back to top Go down

Getting settled in / a big day of adventure - Page 12 Empty Re: Getting settled in / a big day of adventure

Post by Guest Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:37 am

((Ya'll know the routine.))

Seleen lowered her head. A tear fell to the ground. She spoke loudly, enough to be heard over his hammering of metal. "She felt your pain, she told me as much. She just couldn't clearly make out the cause. And yes, she did want to keep you hidden from Vlad, with good reason. He would have tortured her to get you to do his bidding. But towards the end, when she was loosing her grip ... Dre, she cried out for you, She wanted you and couldn't find you."

She looked up then, her blood tears staining crimson trails down her face. "When Kahn turned cold, and when Gawain was out of reach, you were her last hope, and she couldn't find you. Damnit Dre, she felt like you all gave up on her. And that just made her want to fight harder to get out of there. She's going to kick my arse for this."

She took a deep, unessesary breath. "When she went balistic on Vlad, he asked her why she feot the need to return to Rhy'Din so badly when she was already at home. She told him that that place, Earth, that castle, was no longer her home. Home was back on Rhy'Din with her son. She had no idea if Kahn was even still around because of things that he had done or things that had happened to him. Gawain was so far gone she wasn't sure she would ever see him again. She couldn't even feel Krys, or Alex, or Terran any more. Gypzee, Airtia, Trever, there was a list. She gave me the list and I sent it to The Vampire Council, and they could find no one other than a very angry and cold Kahn. But you, she knew you were still around, even though the messenger from the council couldn't find you, and she wanted nothing more than to get home to you."

She turned to walk away, but stopped with her back to him. "And Dre, she did abandon me, I have no heart, no soul, I am nothing more than an undead killing machine. Just a vampire ..." She picked up the gift he gave them and walked out the door wiping away at her tears.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadmon Lennan Dewayne Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:03 pm

Cad saw Seleen comming out of the armory, wiping tears from her eyes. He had made her cry? Was that because she had gotten her butt handed to her, naa, couldn't be. There was no way that she was that kind of girl. But it was something.

Either way, the smoke was clearing and it now simply looked like a cloud of smoke billowing from a chimney or something. What ever had happened in there it had Seleen awefully upset. "Come on, I think it's safe to come out of hiding." He nudged Vesta playfully before walking out of their well chosen hiding place.
Cadmon Lennan Dewayne
Cadmon Lennan Dewayne

Number of posts : 131

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:07 pm

There had been some loud talking, and she thought she heard something break. It wasn't much and it didn't last very long. As the smoke started to clear she rose back to her feet to come out.

"Already? I was starting to like huddling in the corner," that was in response to Cad's nudge. Then she saw Seleen.

"Hey girl, ya okay? Need some backup?" Vesta rubbed her nose. "Now that the smoke is lifting and we can see....." What? They were ready to go kick some dragon tail? Okay. Sure they were. "Can't letcha go by yourself again."

She and Seleen had that 'raw girl fight rip-out-your-earrings' throwsown earlier. That had to account for something.

Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Number of posts : 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:36 pm

Seleen walked over to the gathered ones. "I am fine, thank you. Dre has given us these as gifts." She held up the five necklaces to show them to the group. "He sais they will help you against fire, even Dragon's fire. And he also said that you can use them to call him only once. And he's sorry, says he owes you each a drink or three."

Seleen shook her head as she held her hand out to them to let them each pick a necklace. "He's not usualy like this, he's just a little upset by the events of the day so far. He will feel better and be a much nicer being, later. But all that aside, lets get back to the coach so we can get to the castle."

She started to put her necklace on as she headed back to the coach, they still had to get to the back of the keep to the castle, and to walk it would take several hours.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadmon Lennan Dewayne Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:06 am

He let everyone pick theirs before him, when there were only two left he took the larger one and left the smaller one for Seleen because she had the smaller neck. He Started helping Vesta put hers on before he put on his own. He noticed Sky doing the same thing for Nephalei. When he saw Seleen trying to get hers on he helped her too.

They had started walking back to the coach. It was a shorter walk back than he had remembed. They must have been going in circles in the smoke. "Seleen, are you really alright? You seem a little shakken. Maybe you should have let me stay there and fight him for you. He seemed so mad. I honestly didn't mean to piss him off like that."

When they reached the coach the driver was attending the horses. Cad opened the door and let the ladies in. He offered Sky a ride the rest of the way, but he of course declined. "Driver, whenever you are ready."

He climbed up into the coach and took a seat next to Vesta. He looked across to Nephalei and noticed that she seemed to be daydreaming. She also still looked a little tired. Maybe she still wasn't feeling good. He put his arm across the back of the seat, which almost put his arm around Vesta. He leaned back against the corner where the seat met with the walls of the coach and closed his still burning eyes.

"Vesta, if I nod off and start snoring or talking in my sleep, please nudge me awake." He sighed at the fact that this was turning into a very long day and they still hadn't seen New Haven yet. That tour would now have to wait until tomorrow or a few days down the road. "Seleen, why did he need so much fire and it be so hot. That heat was crazy." His eyes were still closed.
Cadmon Lennan Dewayne
Cadmon Lennan Dewayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:52 am

Vesta wasn't one for jewelry, but she did like art and the design of the necklace was art. Listening to the bits of conversation as she got into the vehicle she grinned, deciding to leave that odd thing alone.

"Cad, if you start talking in your sleep I'm not going to nudge you awake until I get all the juicy bits of information." It was true. That's the consequence of talking in sleep. To help him start talking, Vesta shifted her position and pulled down on Cad's shoulder, having him lay against her. "C'mon now, get comfortable."

She was comfortable. Arm was even bent to allow her fingers to stroke his hair. She was interested in hearing Seleen's answer too.
Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadmon Lennan Dewayne Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:57 pm

Cad took his arm off the back of the seat and leaned agaionst Vesta. "Thanks sweety, but I'm not trying to sleep. My eyes are just burning from the smoke. It was even thicker inside the armory." He snuggled up to her anyway. Far be it from him to miss a chance like that.
Cadmon Lennan Dewayne
Cadmon Lennan Dewayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:06 pm

Seleen was still reeling from the anger she felt. It was taking everything she had to control herself. She wasn't sure she felt like talkng at the moment. But they did ask and it would be rude to not answer.

"Dre was making something for his mother to wear. The metal is a very rare type that does not melt easily. So the fires had to be extreamly hot to melt the metal so he could form it."

There it was, the short and sweet version. No need to go into great detail. If they wanted to know more about the metal or Dre's mother they could ask. But she was trying to maintain control and offereing up information without it being requested would cause her to rant on and on and she would start to loose it.

She wasn't like Venis and Kahn, she had no soul. She had no magic, no powers other than being stronger and faster than most. She definately wasn't a God. She was even faster than most vampires, even the first. Oh yes, she was faster than he was. He hated it too. She loved moving so fast. And as long as she concintrated on the tasks at hand and things like speed and strength, she would be fine until she could get back to Venis. Just do not think of food or blood or drinking or anything else along those lines.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadmon Lennan Dewayne Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:14 pm

He yawned. Vesta playing with his hair was making him tired. "Oh, that explains why he got so mad. He was doing something for his mom and I broke in on him. He probably thought I was going to think he was a momma's boy or something. But he did say something about being called a monster. I don't remember calling him a monster. I bet he's actualy a pretty cool guy once you get to know him. I mean anyone who would go through all that for a gift for their mom is alright in my book."

He yawned again. "You're making me sleepy Vesta." He smiled and continued to rest his head on her shoulder with his eyes closed.
Cadmon Lennan Dewayne
Cadmon Lennan Dewayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:53 pm

((Third time's a charm? This post is not cooperating. But hey, I got it close. At least spell check is. Thanks again guys.))

As they traveled along the road there were several horses along the side.One could see them out either window.Seleen was watching them and using them as a distraction.She even saw that there was a new foal. It was all rather peaceful and serene.

When they were near the castle she heard the coach wheels hit the wood of the bridge.
"We're here." The mote could be seen out the windows on either side of the coach. And in front of them was the castle. As they entered the castle they pulled into the courtyard in the center. It was a very open and airy place. She looked out to see if Sky had gone through the gateway and was inside with them. They were still outside by all accounts.

She figured Sky would like to wait here for them given he wasn't a fan of being inside a building. But she wouldn't be offended if he went back out to the bridge to wait for them there.

She figured that if they had a second later that she would take them out back and show them the rest of the castle. But for now, they had things to do. The coach came to a stop and she got up from her seat to open the door for everyone. Swinging herself out of the coach with the swing of the door she held the door for everyone to get out.
"So we should hit the vault first given it is the closest."

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:38 pm

Of course it was making him tired, that was the whole point. Vesta continued fiddling with his hair until they hit the bridge, then there was a pause. "Hey, wake up. Where here. You gotta see this."

It was amazing. Though she should have expected something like this being where she was. To help edge him awake, even if he was only resting his eyes, she ruffled his hair. This was awesome. Vesta gave Cad a nudge and leaned forward on him to get a better view out the window.

"And how many people live here?"
Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadmon Lennan Dewayne Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:40 am

He smiled when she ruffled his hair. He felt her move so he opened his eyes. He smiled even more. Tempting, so tempting. He thought seriously of a play bite, but wasn't sure if it would get him slapped or not. "I am awake Vesta." He grudginly sat up from her shoulder and looked out the windows with her.

He had not honesly expected the mote. "Wow." Then he leaned over her to look out the window on her side. "This is so cool." He sat back up and leaned out his window to see the castle up ahead.

Once they were inside, yet still outside, he was amazed. It was huge and looked so old. He looked up and saw the sky, it was like being in a huge bowl. Seleen had gotten out and was holding the door for them. He let Vesta and Nephalei out first. Once he was outside of the coach he stood there looking up and turned in a circle. Then he looked at Seleen to hear her answer to Vesta's question.
Cadmon Lennan Dewayne
Cadmon Lennan Dewayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:03 am

Seleen smiled, facts to concintrate on. "There are 47 employees and their families living in the cottages of the keep. Manny and eleven other employees stay within the castle. Manny in the West wing and the others in the North. In the West wing are also rooms for Venis and Kahn, Tasha, Dre, Alexander, Krystal, and Terran. I think the only one who has used their room in the last eight years or so has been Terran though, but he's away at school and we can't reach him to let him know his mother is home. Also there are bedrooms for Kahn's children. I'm not sure what their names are or how many he has. Venis told me once, but I am scatterbrained at times."

She got this look on her face like she was sorry she didn't remember. "Manny and Tasha are the only ones with rooms in the West wing who are not members of the Jordianthan family. I'm not sure where I am to room if we ever move out here. The North wing consists of the employees quarters, the kitchen, the dinningroom, the banquet hall, the laundry, the sitting room, and the office."

She turned around to look in the opposite direction. "The South wing has guests quarters, equiped to handle 120 guests I believe. And in the East wing are the 'closet rooms'. They were set to be bedrooms, but Venis uses them for storage. There are something like 28 rooms of clothing. Then there are rooms of little collectables, rooms of swords and knives, rooms of things for around the house like stuff to decorate an entire kitchen in roosters for example. There are rooms of jewelry and art. Basicly everything they've gotten from worshipers or that she got when we were rageing war on the lands back home, that they do not use either here, at the mannor, or at the club, is in those rooms. Venis wants to open a gift shop with it all."

She turned to the North wall and pointed to a door. "There is where we are headed first. That door leads to the dungon. Down there is the exersise room, a room where some of the kids used to entertain their guests complete with a sound system and a wet bar, and the vault. So let's go deal with the money and then we can head to the East wing to get clothes. We shouldn't be more than a couple of hours." And she headed towards the door.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:08 am

"They entertain their guest in the dungeon? Those kids have good taste." Vest could have been being funny, or she may have been thinking of a different type of entertaining. Dungeons. "Bet we could entertain the guys there," Nudging Cad as she walked. "Isn't that right? A few straps, a handful of moans. Very entertaining."

Stretching her arms up they were then folded behind her head. Money, then clothes. She would like to get out of what she currently wore. The tutu and leggings were not bad, but about now she could do for some pants. Another thought came to mind. This vault, maybe the gold in it would be enough to swim in? Having seen it on TV and the movies she had to wonder if it were really possible.

Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:32 am

Sky stood at the bridge. As predicted. He enjoyed the sights around but was not going to enter that place. Now he seen first hand what they were talking about. Coming here was defiantly worth the trip but he was patient enough to sit wait an watch everything happen as the rest went in to enjoy themselves
Sky
Sky

Number of posts : 421

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:12 pm

Seleen chuckled as she held the door for them. "Vesta, if that is your cup of tea, I believe Venis has a few rooms she would like to how you herself. I think you will find them to your liking."

They entered the door and headed down the stairs. They walked through a room with couches and a bar and some sound equipment. It looked like it had previously been some cells. They walked a little further down the dimly lit hall and came upon a large metal door with three combination locks. Seleen got it open after only a few tries.

When she swung the door open there were shelves and shelves of money stacked everywhere. And in the far back corner were bags of gold pieces. Hundreds of bags. Seleen walked over to the bags. "Cad, how much do you have to exchange?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:04 pm

Sky had some time on his hands after all didn't he? He sniffed the air for other large beast scents and felt he could be the dominant one. So he didn't have a problem with running around te outside of the keep and yep... began marking his territory. Ofcourse he was polit enough to keep himself out of sight. He didn't mind so much but he knew the sensativity of humans after all to this sort of thing. Once he made a good circle around the large area to where he could smell his own scent around the entire keep he was satisfied. It was to large to have a strogn scent everywhere but he was all dried up.
Sky
Sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadmon Lennan Dewayne Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:53 pm

(( :: Pouts :: For some reason, in Seleen's post, I'm seeing codes and not pics.))

Cad laughed at Vesta's comment. "Just remember, if you do it to me it's only fair that I get to do it back to you." He put his hand on the small of her back while they walked.

Once they were inside the vault he gasped in surprise. "How did she ever get all this bread?" Old Cad would have been trying to sneak some into his pockets. New Cad said that he had better not, something just told him the the punishment for stealing from Gods was a bit harsher than a little jail time.

Seleen asked him how much he had to exchange. So he held onto Vesta's shoulder for balance and kicked off his boot. He reached down inside and pulled out a stack of bills. "Safest hiding place I could think of. Good thing too given I got robbed on the way to New Haven. Lets see ..." He started counting out the hundred dollar bills he had in his hand. "I have thirty thousand, can you cover that?" He figured she could, but had to ask anyhow.
Cadmon Lennan Dewayne
Cadmon Lennan Dewayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:41 pm

Seemed fair to her and if there were rooms here in this castle that went along with things like that, she would defiantly like to see them. She would have to bring along others of course. Wasn't too much into that girl-on-girl scene.

It was these things she was thinking about when Seleen opened the door to the vault and she saw the money stacked everywhere. "Wow." As Cad reached for his money she stepped aside a bit to allow him to get it out of his boot. "Wait.. Wait a minute."

Leaning over Cad she got a better look at the money he was holding and then looked up to him with a curious expression. "Now, correct me if I'm wrong but, what type of person carries around thirty grand in their shoe unless they're planning on not returning from someplace. Or they're a dealer, pimp, or a smuggler." They could also be a rich kid who considered money like that to be chump-change, but she kept that opinion to herself.

"What kinda things are you into Cowboy?"
Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:11 am

Seleen was looking at the exchange chart on the wall. "Thirty-thousand isn't a problem." The chart was ten years old. So she started thinking along the lines of what she had been spending in places compared to what she would have spent for the same things back home on Earth in American Dollars.

"Ten dollars per gold peice sounds about right. It'll work at least." She opened a bag and started counting three thousand gold peices and putting them into a lock box for him. That seemed like a lot of gold for him to carry, but it was going to be even more for her to carry back what Venis wanted her to bring back. She had his gold in the box and she closed it and locked it. She lifted the box and handed it to him with the key still in the lock. They key was on a silver chain. "The chain is sterling silver, so it won't turn your skin green when you wear it. Now, anyone care to help me count out the money Venis wants me to bring back right quick?"

She took the money that Cad handed her and put it on the shelf with the other American Dollars. She made a mark on a chart saying that she exchanged three thousand peices of gold for thirty thousand American Dollars. Then she marked that she was taking five hundred thousand gold peices at ten dollars a peice to Venis. "I think we should use five boxes, one hundred thousand a box. She said she wanted five million dollars." She grabbed up a box and started counting. She would worry about carrying them after they had counted it all out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadmon Lennan Dewayne Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:28 am

He took his box and realized it wasn't as heavy as he thought it would be. He chuckled at Vesta's comment. "I am not a pimp, nor am I a dealer or a smuggler for that matter sweety. I used to be a heir. And, no, I have no plans of returning to Earth either. But we can save the life story for breakfast conversation. If that's ok with you that is."

When Seleen asked for some help he looked around. There was a hand truck in the corner. "We can stack them on this, make it easier to carry. In fact, it looks like there is more than one here." He set his box down on the foot of the hand truck and grabbed up two of the next size up boxes. "These bigger ones might work better."

He walked over to the pile of bags and dumped two of them out on the floor in front of him. He set both boxes in front of the pile, open, and began counting to himself tossing in coins one hand per box. Even doing it two handed it was still going to take them a minute. He glanced up and saw Nephalei grab a box as well. "Joining us Vesta dear? Sooner we get this done, sooner you get to raid the clothes."
Cadmon Lennan Dewayne
Cadmon Lennan Dewayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:42 am

(I should probably warn you all of the corny D&D reference in this post. I couldn't help it)

"What's that? The sooner you get to rid me of some clothes?" making a joke there as she went for the boxes. A gold coin or two in her pocket seemed like a good idea, but it was one she was not about to try. Stealing from a person while they were standing there? No can do.

And besides, she was part of a team. This was like one of those tabletop dice games she often saw a few people playing at school back home. She wasn't one of those gamers but she assumed that this would be the point in the story where they gather the loot and divvy it up. All that needed to happen next was for someone to set off a hidden trap and fail their constitution check...Good thing she had the boxes of gold to use as a shield.

Talking while you worked helped. "An heir you say? Can't imagine why you'd want to run away from all that. The fame, the women, the luxury. Must have been torture." Vesta was being funny in trying to be sarcastic. Cad did look good while lifting the boxes. A shame she had to work instead of admire.

Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:56 am

((I see I'm not the only one on in the middle of the night tonight. And you made a constitution check joke as well ... nice.))

With each woman filling one and Cad filling two that made five. They would have this done in no time. She took Cad's advice and change out the box she had for a bigger one. "I know you guys didn't come here to work, so what do you say to ten coins each for helping, that's a hundred bucks. Sound fair?"

She was counting coins to herself as fast as she could, she wanted to get done and get to the clothes herself. She was going to raid Venis' rooms, at least one of them. She needed some sleep clothes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:46 pm

Sky like a cat would quickly got bored... he then slipped away and began to romp around headed back towards the direction of the inn... he was sure noo ne would miss him after all.
Sky
Sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next