Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Getting settled in / a big day of adventure

+2
De'Ryanna Aybara
Cadmon Lennan Dewayne
6 posters

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Getting settled in / a big day of adventure - Page 7 Empty Re: Getting settled in / a big day of adventure

Post by Sky Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:52 am

He saw the village and did not even bother to see where they were headed. His nose hit hte air and with a soft snarl he leapt off to head on his own little eat mission.
Sky
Sky

Number of posts : 421

Back to top Go down

Getting settled in / a big day of adventure - Page 7 Empty Re: Getting settled in / a big day of adventure

Post by Guest Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:54 am

She shouted to the driver again. "There it is, stop there."

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:58 pm

They were stopping? They were here? That perked her up a bit. "Oh.. at a village. That works too. Is it an 18th-Centuary style with cobblestone buildings and thatch roofs?" Okay so she was trying to be funny. Vesta thought that eventually she would come across a place that looked like it was pulled from a Medieval story.

Had to right?

"Any rate, can't wait to check it out." New place to see, who wouldn't want to go see?
Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Number of posts : 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:11 pm

She smiled at Vesta's excitement. "It is, we will be stopping at a public stable to care for the horses. While the horses are being tended to we can go over to a local pub, they have great food there. It's a busy place. They don't have a lot of things to explore here, mostly homes. But I think they might have a shop, they have a farmers market though. Lot's of things to look at and buy there. Including a lady selling jewelry, I want to see what she's got."

As trhe coach rolled to a stop Seleen got up and opened the door. She stood there letting everyone out. "Come on, lunch and shopping is on me."

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephalei Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:48 pm

Nephalei had spent most of the ride silent, watching the scenery go by and listening to Vesta and Sky's conversation. The excitement of yesterday seemed to have worn off somewhat; she felt unusually quiet today. She couldn't put her finger on what exactly it was that she felt, but it was significantly less loud and exciting than yesterday.

"There it is, stop there."

She felt the carriage stop, and she quickly looked up and peered out the window - she may not be felling as lively today, for whatever reason, but her curiosity was still as present as ever.

Then she realized that it would make a lot more sense to just get out of the carriage like everyone else, and did that instead.

What was wrong with her, today...? Good lord.

Nephalei

Number of posts : 96

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:15 pm

Seleen arched an eyebrow seeing Nephalei. "Lady Nephalei, are you alright? You seem somehow ... sad, bored maybe?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephalei Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:29 pm

She smiled weakly at Seleen. "No, I'm just... I feel a bit strange." It was hard to explain; she couldn't even pinpoint it herself. It started early this morning, though it seemed to have gotten much worse during the carriage ride here. "A bit disconnected, I guess you could say... I don't quite know how to explain it." She smiled again, and shook her head. "But I'm sure it's nothing."

I'm probably just a little tired, that's all, she told herself. Surely she'd be more herself once the day got underway.

Nephalei

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:52 pm

Seleen eyed her for a moment. "Well, come on, lets get something to eat and spend some obscene amounts of money at the market. Might make us both feel a lot better."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:42 pm

Just then Sky came running back. He was sprinting at a pretty decent speed. He was licking around his fur to make sure there was no more blood present. He had began feeling a little self concious as of late, as if he knew he had to look his best. He ran past everyone just a bit so he could slide to a stop and not spray dust and dirt on everyone. He then saw all the building around him and suddenly his ears layed flat and his eyes were everywhere.
Sky
Sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:53 pm

Seleen chuckled. "Welcome back Sky. Good hunt?" She looked at him and looked where he was looking. "I was just about to take these guys for some food and shopping. Join us?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephalei Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:56 pm

She noticed Sky come running back to the rest of the group. She was just about to greet him... but she stopped when she saw his ears flatten and eyes widen. She stepped forward and gently brushed his arm, trying not to startle him at all - he looked very jumpy. "What's wrong?" she asked. "You look a little uncomfortable, there."

Nephalei

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:22 am

He jumped a little at her touch but when he realized it was her he quickly calmed. He was starting to breath heavy and it had nothing to do with the hunt, however he was clearly trying to control himself.

"Nephalei No...nothing to concern self with. Sometimes villages make me nervous. I had rabbit it was very good. One day i hunt for you ok? You can cook it. Rabbit is better fresh, meat is the most tender..."
Sky
Sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephalei Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:34 am

She was a little concerned, but she nodded. "Don't hesitate to say something if you're too uncomfortable," she said. She could understand how more populated places would make him uncomfortable, and it was clear to her how he was trying to fit in. She just didn't want him to push himself too hard in order to do that.

Nephalei

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:42 am

"I... I am ok. Trust me. Thanks for your concern though Nephalei."

He tried to smooth out his fur and keep it from bristling up. He was not a fan of areas to populated and he had never actually been inside a building his entire life. How he was going to manage once they got to where they were going he didnt know. Then again he didn't even know he was actually headed to a building.
Sky
Sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:52 am

"Sky, you are safe here, believe me. Here in Rhy'Din there are so many different species of beings that it's the humans that are rare. Trust me, no one here will bring you any harm." She had had rabbit once, it was good. She wasn't sure if Nephalei ate meat though, she had always thought that horses and centaurs and other equines were all vegitarians. But, then again, she only knew three other centaurs. It might have just been them who were vegitarians.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:19 am

"I am not... scared of being hurt thank you Seleen. I need used to this. I will be ok. Sometimes.. its hard for me t... to adjust. I try hardest though. One thing i know it is survival. Sometimes you have to do things you normally aren't exactly.... familiar with."

That articulation came and went so often it was hard to tell how he really talked. Sometimes he could find his words and get it out others... esspecially stressed it was different.
Sky
Sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:06 am

Listening, she had gotten up and out of the carriage when they stopped, but didn't go far. She was listening to what they others had to say and was curious over Nephalie. Then there was what Sky said.

"It's always hard adjusting to something new. And someplace new..." Couldn't leave that one out, considering that they were somewhere new. "Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to survive. I feel ya."

Nephalie, maybe she was tired. She hadn't been in her room and after all that happened, she might have been tired. Either way, she went over to her friend. "You know you can lean on me right? Maybe we can find you some coffee? Or an energy drink if you're feeling tired."

Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Number of posts : 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:08 am

"Well, if you need anything ..." She left it at that. She didn't want to do anything that would make him more uncomfortable. But then she had an idea. "We can take lunch on the patio and the shopping is outdoors. Does that help?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:30 am

He had decided that his mother might need some new clothing. He had figured someone had to have done somehting with the last gift he made her, which angered him greatly. So now he needed a forge, he searched around the inn and not finding one seemed to get angry. He saw a couple of the guys from earlier and asked them, and thye informed him his forge at the keep was still there. Now there was something to ring a smile to his scaley snout. Thanking them, getting them a keg each, and mayhap smacking them on the ack a little harder then intended. He stepped off the porch and headed for the woods.

Once there, he shifted into his shadow form and took off. Oh how he did love traveling this way. For shadows went everywhere and anywhere. There was nothing off limits to him really; or at least none he had found yet.

Soon arriving at the Keep, he chuckled as some ran yelling 'Monster!'. Now why this humoured him, he did not know but it did. He moved on to the forge, leaving all kinds of tracks but none that wouyld be tied to him. A neat trick he had learned from his days of running with Kitty Kat and the Stormbringer.

Heading for the forge, he growled as he saw it was locked and kicked the door in. Roaring in a beastial manner as he got splinters in his feet. He shook his head and chuckled, as he guessed that would add to the monster lore.

Walking in, his anger left him. There was all his metals and tools right where he left them.He egan to light the fires and stoke them, unaware that the chimmenys had been capped. As the smoke filled the forge he growled again and roared more. Heading to the roof, he did not take the caps off- no sir that would have been to easy and so very unDre like. Nope, he just bbashed in the wooden planks and kicked off part of the chimmeny.

He went back in smiling, and set to work. Smoke billowing fromt he chimmenys like the Keep was on fire, and the heat felt a good mile away. The fires had to be super hot for what he needed to do. The banging and crashing he was doing, sounding like a full fledge attle was engaged.
Beastie
Beastie

Number of posts : 1596

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:57 am

Isah and Joseph just chuckled as Dre left. They wondered if Dre would get to the keep before the others given his choice in transportation. They looked at the kegs with arched eyebrows. "After we get off?" Isah's voice had a hint of laughter to it. Joseph just nodded in agreement. They wouldn't dare tap those kegs while on duty. They would wait till they had some time to enjoy them.

((Those with Seleen aren't close enough to the keep to know what Dre's doing yet. Someone asked, so I did this so everyone would know for sure.))

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:07 pm

"Please, everyone stop worrying about me... i fine. I will get used to it and adapt. I just... have been alone for long long time is all"

The attention he was receiving now from everyone was making him almost as uncomfortable as being in the village made him feel. after all the last time he wasw in a village he and some of his former tribe were fighting the humans not 'shopping' whatever that was, or eating with them.
Sky
Sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:28 pm

"Sorry Sky, habbit." She became more and more like Venis all the time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:50 pm

"It ok. Thanks for your concern. It not something i am used to yet."

He took a few kicks at the ground absently while talking. He looked up at the sky, his eyes flashing aqs he did. A few blinks and he was looking back at everyone else again.

"So are you guys going to do this 'shopping'?"
Sky
Sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:36 pm

"Yep, right after we eat over at that pub right there." She pointed to a building about 30 feet away. "The farmers market is down that road right over there." She pointed to a small gravel road that went between two buildings. "Come on guys, I'm sure you all are hungry and I don't want to be here too long. I know you guys want to get to the keep and then get to your exploring New Haven as well. Besides, the sooner I get back to the Inn the sooner I can get some sleep." She hated being out in the day time. Even with the ring on she still felt like she was going to become a pile of ashes at any moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:56 pm

"Eat over at the... pub... Okay. Well why do you sleep during the day? You didn't get much sleep last night? Are you leading us here because you are the only person who knows how to get there?"

Once again he found himself finding his words easy, it could come off as very odd how his articulation switched back and forth. He seemed to go on as if he never noticed the difference however.
Sky
Sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next