Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Returning Again

3 posters

Go down

Returning Again Empty Returning Again

Post by Marqués del Stry Fri May 01, 2009 5:20 pm

The Marquès del Stry had been gone from the realm of Rhy'din for quite some time. From leaving in the middle of Cupid's Ball to making a quick pass to one of his homes, not many had heard from him. It was something done out of habit for he kept many things private. He talked more freely in his very tight, very short member, circle of friends.

His trip away enabled him to accomplish much for he had received the information he needed, planted the seeds, and even made a new acquaintance. The actions of his shop were monitored and, even in his main residence in Spain, his Ama - in Rhy'din - kept him abreast of what he needed to know. Not to mention the communicates from Leo. There was nothing major that needed his attention and therefore he dallied at his home.

Eventually, he would have to return.

His days were spent dealing in the business at this side of the world, finding that 'leather smith' and tending to the garden of his lost Cariña. No one touched the garden while he was there for it wasn't allowed. It was while he was tending to the garden that the Ama of the estate - a lanky old woman with a soft face, whose hair had become completely white and always up in a tight bun - approached him.

"You have been spending much time here. Too much." the Master Ama was old enough to be the Marquès grandmother, perhaps she was, but the fact that she spoke to him in the manner that she did meant that she had a level of privilege. "You never did spend so much time here before and now you must leave. I will tend the new seeds as I have the rest of her garden."

The Marquès was not in the dirt when she had approached him, rather he was standing at the gardens back edge. He had even seen her when she entered the garden though he paid it no mind. She came and left from around him without many restrictions. The Marquès was in a state of dress that hardly any had seen him in: dark jeans with a gardening belt around his waist, and a dirt dusted t-shirt. His arms were crossed over his waist and his chin was almost down upon his chest.

"Normally it is that you are telling me that I don't stay enough, or engage in the things that are attribute to my station." Resting his eyes upon her a moment before he uncrossed his arms at pulled hedge cutters from his belt. He spoke again as be headed to a bush in need of a trim. "If I had spent time doing other than that, along with my personal vendetta, you would be here reading off the list of invites that needed responding."

The warm months made for many social events and galas that needed attending, many of them were a political showing - he himself had even hosted and event. It was expected. Years before he had enjoyed going but recently they were only superficial. It was important to keep up public appearances and keep allies. He had learned that as a young boy.

"Now you are trying to get rid of me?" The snip of the trimmers belayed the undertone of his words. A tone that didn't phase the elderly woman for there wasn't a break in her appearance.

"The coach will be ready to depart in four hours and your needed things are already being packed." the Master Ama carried on as though he had said nothing at all. "And, once you are done with what you are avoiding, I will be all the happier to have you home."

Master Ama had liked having him home those years ago. While the Marquès was never home always and continually, he did not travel as much when the Lady had been living. He knew that the meaning she placed behind 'home' had a deeper value. As such, he turned it back on her.

"Home is not so easy to find."

That had been a week ago, when it was still April.

Now it was May - the first to be exact - and the Marquès was traveling, on foot, up the road that would take him to the Tel'Ranaemyn Inn. He was back, for now.

Just as well dressed as the day he left.

Marqués del Stry
Marqués del Stry

Number of posts : 208

Back to top Go down

Returning Again Empty Re: Returning Again

Post by Guest Sun May 03, 2009 1:57 am

Venis was sitting out on the front steps of the Inn. She was wearing a summer dress that fell in layers of purple all the way to her ankles. As she sat there, she had her right leg crossed over her left, he right foot swinging back and forth, and she was bent over her lap which placed her chin or her cheek on her knee, depending on how her head was turned. To some who knew her well, this would be a familiar pose for her. It meant that her stomach was particularly upset today.

She had a lit cigarette in her left hand and in her right was an emerald green colored feather quill. To her right, on the porch next to her, sat a small stack of papers. They were guarded from the breeze by the bottle of ink that sat upon them. She was making a list of things she needed to do for one of those social events. Seleen and Shuda's wedding. She was the matron of honor so she had things to do.

She felt the presence coming up the road before the person would even be in the line of site. But she knew the presence she felt. It was familiar to her. Which was a welcome feeling in and of itself. So she had no reason to look up and watch to see who was approaching. She knew, and she was sure that his arrival would bring a smile to more than one face.

So as the Marques would come up on the Inn, that is the scene he would find. Venis working outside on the steps of the Inn while trying to ease her upset stomach. Waiting for that feeling that told her who or what was so wrong that it had her stomach this upset. Though to look at her, no one would know that she was doing anything short of working and having a smoke. And she liked it that way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Sun May 03, 2009 4:33 pm

Cas had been looking for Venis, she worried about her. The day in the cave had been trying, she was adjusting well to the twins being back. Having them around had been wonderful. She was as happy as she could be, there was only one thing missing. She had had the letters delivered a few short days ago and had no clue if he was back.

She had picked up her clothing from fabrications by Design, they had done a wonderful job for her as she knew they would. The weather was warm and she chose an Italian silk summer dress white with a brown strip on the bottom, a floral print adorned the front, and followed around just a little to the back. The dress was right at her knees, the top in the front was cut low with brown lace coming up higher than the dress, right at the breasts there was a little gathering with a small hole cut out with the brown lace there as well. On her feet were matching Italian leather sandals. On her neck as always was the red and gold heart that she had still not removed. She wore her hair loose.
Returning Again 0459108561799R__ASTL_300x400Returning Again 0459108561799R__A1_300x400

She stopped at the employees room after not finding V in hers, Manny told her V was outside on the front porch. That was where she found herself now.

"Hello V I was just..."

That was when she looked down the road that led to the in and saw him, her hand went to the necklaces that hung around her neck and a smile spread across her face. Her stomach was now in knots. She was happy to see him and worried at the same time. She moved to the bottom of the steps and watched as he approached.
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Number of posts : 1130

Back to top Go down

Post by Marqués del Stry Tue May 05, 2009 7:40 pm

He saw them, as he was walking up the road, and had a thought that he may be disturbing their conversation. Then again, anyone coming in this direction would capture their attention. If only for a brief moment. There was also the smell of the cigarette that filled the air, it wasn't strong, since he was still a ways away, but the hint was there. The Marquès was use to the smell - didn't mean he was a fan - and didn't let it bother him. Instead, he chose to focus on something else. Like Casandra.

He smiled when he saw her standing there and, even from the distance he had, his eyes scanned over her clothes. Of course he recognized the handiwork from his shop and he thought that the seamstresses did a good job. Then there was the issue of the letters he had copy of; and he had seen the Butler's as well. The meaning behind the letters was understood but, aside from that, it gave him varied thoughts.

With the two of them there, watching, he was sure that he would not be able to ascend the few steps and enter the Inn without a slight exchange. As it could be expected, after much travel anyone would be tired. This applied to him as well. Perhaps if he had taken a carriage or even had chose to come in on horse he would not be as travel worn, but there was a reason why he had chosen to walk. There was reason and purpose behind everything that he did, nothing was none for the simple sense of doing. Not anymore.

Although tired, he was well versed in the political play and that meant putting your best face forward so that it was thought to be the only face. He wasn't tired when he spoke, neither was he in any sort of deep, contemplative thought. He was a smiling man returning to a good place. "Hola, Señoras." The Marqués said politely as he reached the steps, though he stayed a polite distance so his shadow would not cast over the working papers. His smile traded between the both of them.

"Please, don't let me disturb the workings of you two. I will go around the other way." He could find another way in so that they would not have to other the papers.

Marqués del Stry
Marqués del Stry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2009 3:19 am

Venis felt Casie heading in her direction. With The Marques coming from one direction, and Casie another, Venis felt as if she was going to end up caught in the middle. She figured she would hurry with her papers, or at least get them to a point where she could put them up for a moment. That way she could relocate herself yet again. She knew the smoke was blowing in the direction that The Marques was traveling from, so she took one more drag and then held her arm out in front of her. Her middle finger and index finger sprang to life with fire. She burned the non-biodegradable cigarette butt to ashes. Then the fires went out.

As Casie opened the door to step out on the porch Venis spoke before she could. "Hello Casie" And she kept writing. After all, she was almost done with the page she was working on. She heard Casie speak and still didn't even look up at her. All Casie would have to do was look at the way she was sitting to understand why. She kept writing as Casie stepped down off the porch. She had nothing to say in response to the comment that Casie didn't finish. Venis knew what she was going to say, but because she didn't say it, Venis didn't have to respond. She figured that if Casie was looking for her, she could just look for her again later. She figured the two of them might want to talk anyway. And who was she to get in the way of that?

As The Marques stepped up towards them Venis noticed how mindful he was about not casting a shadow upon her papers. This brought a smile to Venis' lips. Such manners should be repaid in kind. She actually looked up then. To The Marques. "Hola Señor Stry. Bienvenido de vuelta." Given Venis' age, and the fact that there were council members with different ethnic backgrounds, it made sense that Venis would know some Spanish. Though she was not well versed in it. It had taken her long enough to learn English, she was still working on other languages. She smiled at him and then spared a glance for Casie. Then she looked down at her papers.

She crossed a T, doted an I, placed a period and then sat her quill down. She capped her bottle of ink and picked it up, with the papers under it and placed the ink in her other hand. "There is no need to go all the way around to the back, I am done. I was only working out here so I could have a cigarette." She uncrossed her legs as she picked up the quill. "It was good to see you again Marques. Casie. Now, if you will excuse me?" With that she rose to her feet in a rather fluid movement and turned towards the Inn. Quiet footsteps and the lack of bounce to her step, or sway of her hips, could cause one to wonder if she was even walking at all as she made her way back into the Inn and out of site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Wed May 06, 2009 11:05 am

Cassie nodded at Venis as she left and then looked at the Marques. She wanted to hug him, kiss him. She wanted to just spend a bit of time with him, but he had to be tired. Also something was different. So instead of thinking of what she wanted she just looked at him.

"Hello, I am sure you are tired after such a long trip. Perhaps we can speak later."

What was really going through her mind was the thoughts that her actions had cost her very deeply. There was nothing she could do but wait. She moved from the front of the steps, this was not what she had hoped for at all.
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Marqués del Stry Fri May 08, 2009 2:04 am

He was not meanign to make Venis feel that she had to get up and leave, she was there before him and it was not for him to put her out. He raised his hand as she was getting up to head on the inside. "I did not intend to disturb your respite. Stay and enjoy the air." Even if she was only there so that she could smoke.

Was there something different about him? It was possible to say that there was, but people were always and forever changing. If they could go through an experience and not change, even in the slightest, then the makeup of the person should be brought into question. There was always change, and so, something will always be different.

"I am no so tired, Casandra, that I can not spare some talk," he said even while he started for the side of the Inn. He did mean that Venis could stay if she wanted. "I received your letter, and it is good that you have gotten mine."

He was headed around side of to where the stables were. "You and the children have been well?"

Marqués del Stry
Marqués del Stry

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Fri May 08, 2009 12:29 pm

When Cas stepped off the steps and away from the porch Kjay came out the door and was right there by her heals. To much had happened to her in the last few months for him to leave her.

Yes people changed, things became different, Cas herself was different, but hers was more aparent because most of the change was physical. She was by his side and walking to the side of the Inn as they spoke.

"I never recieved a letter from you, but I got the message from Seth loud and clear."

She would leave it at the everything else that needed to be said had been put into the letter. That was past this was now. For now he was here. When they were near the barn he asked her about the children.

"We have been well, I am very happy to have them home where they belong. School is almost out for the summer."
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Marqués del Stry Sat May 09, 2009 10:04 am

It was that he was meaning to say 'message'. That she had gotten his message. There were some things that slipped through the crack when a person's mind was elsewhere and there was no real need for acute awareness. Even the Marqués could have a lax moment. "Sí, yes, the message from Seth." He knew that there was a way in through the stables, a servants entrance if he were ever asked to give it a name. The workers used it to travel in and out without using the front door. Perhaps one of them would let him in as he was of the understanding that the door wouldn't open for simply anyone.

"I am glad that you, and your family, are doing well as many things can happen over time." He looked to her with a smile and a slight shadow of a nod before the reached the back of the stables. There was no visible door - that would be absurd - and as such he was effectively looking at a wooden wall that would appear to be a dead- end. "As school is ending, many students have joy at the thought of the summer break."

He supposed, that all he did now would be to wait.

Marqués del Stry
Marqués del Stry

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Mon May 11, 2009 2:10 am

Cas understood lax moments, she had a few of them herself. She had made a huge mistake about two months ago and was regretting it. She was looking at a man she wanted to be hugging and kissing one that she was now worried that the mistake she had mad may have cost her something that may have been good. She smiled at him none the less.

She followed him into the stables and went to Rider's stall. She fed him an apple before she turned back to him.

"Yes many things can happen over time. With the children out of school I will be spending more time at Claremount. You of course are still welcome there anytime that you wish to visit."

She moved to stand beside him.
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2009 4:43 am

Luckily for the two who had been waiting in the stables, Venis' employees did a lot of work in the stables. After all, Venis had several Clydesdale's, two Unicorns, and a pink dragon there. And Tasha had her stallion there as well. So it only made sense for them to work the stables.

And, of course, at one point in time or another, they had been told about the doorway that couldn't be plainly seen by the naked eye. Now, the stables had already been cleaned, but Willow needed extra attention. She was a dragon after all. So Keven happened to be headed out to the stables.

He came out the door and was shocked to find anyone standing there waiting to be let in. He smiled at the pair as he held the door.
"Lady Casandra, Marqués del Stry, pleasure to see you both today." He stepped back to allow them to enter unencumbered. He didn't think that anyone of their stations in life would know about such a door.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marqués del Stry Wed May 13, 2009 9:43 pm

When the door opened someone came out whom the Marquès was not expecting. He had been under the impression that only the owners of the Inn had the ability to open the door. How did he come to the knowledge of said door was another matter.

"Hello to you, Sir," spoken as he reached to take the door from the man. There was no use in keeping him from whatever task he was going to be about. Hand on the door he would still hold it open for Casandra as she was next to him and he assumed that she was going to go inside.

During this process he took in her apperence. "Casandra, though you do not say it, your body language betrays you. Would it be better for you to speak instead of remaining silent?"

Marqués del Stry
Marqués del Stry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2009 4:12 am

With a smile for Casie and a nod of respect to the Marqués, Keven released the door and went on his way to take care of Willow. He had no idea if he was supposed to know of the door or not. Only that the network of employees had made it so he had learned of the door, so he had made use of it. As had several others. Of course, now that he had been seen using the door, if he was not supposed to use it, he was sure he would hear such from someone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Thu May 14, 2009 4:36 pm

Cas had a warm smile for Keven as he opened the door.

"Good afternoon Keven."

She would have asked after Willow but she had other things on her mind. She nodded to Keven as he walked away. Her attention turned to the man beside her. She walked into the passage Kjay right behind her.

She felt his eyes on her and then heard his words. She took a deep breath and waited for the door to close behind them before turning to him to speak. She took her time to get her feelings into words that could be expressed. Should she lay it all out? Should she keep some of it to herself? She decided she was just going to talk and let the flow of the conversation dictate what was said.

She tilted her head up slightly and looked up into his eyes. She could have become lost in them if she wanted to. However it was not the time to do so. Still she did not look away.

"Some times things are best left unsaid, this is not one of those times. First I want to begin by telling you I am very happy you are back, and are physically unharmed. Second please do not interrupt me; I have a lot to say.

What my body betrays is the fact that I will not hide, a fact you probably know. I want to be in your arms, I want to feel your lips on mine. During the last nine months I have known you I have come to care very much for you. I have begun to fall in love with you."

She took a deep breath, there she had finally said it; she had admitted to him that she was falling in love with him. It had to be said for what she was about to tell him to make sense.

"When I spent the week at the Manor, you made me a promise that you would try not to leave me through death. You have kept that promise, however you had to know that when I started looking for you that I was worried. I did not know if you were alive or dead. I was really more worried over the fact that I wanted to know if you were ok then where you were."

She looked down from him for a moment before looking back up into his eyes.

"That same week in fact that same night, you told me you wanted to take my fear from me. Told me not to fear you. I still do not fear you. Had you wanted to hurt me you would have sent Seth to hurt me, not just deliver a message. If Seth was sent to try and cause fear, it did not work. You know the one thing I fear."

She took a deep breath and let it out slowly.

"That same week, you told me that I needed to listen. I listened to that message from Seth, I appreciate that it was sent, it let me know you were at least alive. I only wish it had been delivered in a different way, and that there had been more than one."

"I am hurt; hurt that you didn't find some way to tell me you were ok. I saw your cell phone, the Inn has a phone you could have just called and said, I am fine I will be gone for a few months, don't worry about me."

She was becoming emotionally exhausted.

"I made mistakes while you were gone that I guarantee you will never be repeated. I will not make excuses for them. I only hope that whatever was growing between us was not so damaged by it that you don't want things to be the way they were. For them to continue to where ever they were going."

She was now fighting the tears. He would see her eyes moist but she refused to let the tears fall. She was ready to except what ever he wanted. If he wanted to walk away she would be heart broken. It would wound her deeply, but she would survive. If he wanted to still have her in his life it would make her very happy. If he needed time to think then she would be in no worse shape than she already was.

The ball was now in his court so to speak. She just kept her eyes on him waiting to hear his reaction.
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Armandeus Fri May 15, 2009 12:16 am

It wasn't truly fair to call the hidden doorway in the stable wall a simple door, for it was more than that. When opened the door lead into a simply constructed, barely large enough for two people, wooden passageway. The lightening was poor, with just a few electric lights strung here and there along the upper part of the walls. The air held a lingering smell to it; dampness, for this passage was one not used regularly.

At the end of the tunnel was light, illuminating a door. Beyond that there came the sound of soft humming in a distinctly Elvish voice. That's right, the hidden passageway ended in the kitchen, or rather a part of it.

Collecting supplies was a daily part of the kitchen work, and one chore Armandeus found oddly relaxing. Digging around for new supplies was where the Elf was now, humming away as he searched.

Armandeus
Armandeus

Number of posts : 179

Back to top Go down

Post by Marqués del Stry Mon May 18, 2009 3:00 am

Casandra stepped inside, as he knew that she would, and he was soon to follow after. Once they were inside of the kitchen the Marquès let the door close behind him and heard the tinkering sounds of someone in the kitchen. It was one of the elves, but not one he had made acquaintance. He thought for a moment on whether or not he should ask him to relay a message, but Casandra had gathered herself enough and then began to speak.

A civil nod to say that he had seen the other and was not ignoring him, before his attention turned to the woman before him. Much of what she was saying he knew - like the fact that she was falling in love with him. That was something he had thought to avoid. While they had shared moments together and relished in each others company, he had tried to not do much, if anything, that would allude to him being in love. She had children that she hadn't seen in years with her once again, and he had much business to attend. In fact . . .

"I have also told you that I have business that takes me away for extended periods of time, from weeks to months." He spoke to her in a smooth manner; they could have been discussing the tides of business. “You have children, who have not seen their mother in years. I would think that spending your time and energy on seeing to them would have been more of a priority and concern than finding a man you’ve only known for a handful of months.”

He remembered how distraught she seemed to be after killing the man who had caused her to be separated from her children. Maybe it was a change of cultural upbringing, or simply various means of handling situations – or it was the feeling of loss he had over his own child – that had him thinking how odd it was that Casandra was not spending time with her children to make up for those lost years. Though, she may have just now only left them for a moment. Still, all she had to say of her children’s well being was that they were getting ready for the end of term?

The Marqués had not moved from the door during Casandra’s words, nor had he at the beginning of his own, but now he moved. He moved towards the kitchen door that lead to the bar area. A few steps and not particularly rushed. Clearly the elf was working and he shouldn’t spend time loitering there if he was not going to roll up his sleeves and pitch in.

It had never been his intention to scare her and he couldn’t phantom what gave her that notion. Seth had been enlisted to deliver a message, and that is what he did. As for why he did not call or give word of his whereabouts, that is not how he operated. Doing so was an occupational hazard, which is why he had told her that he could be gone for periods of time. The message from Seth would not even have been given if he did not know the demon. She had wished that he checked in? That is how he interrupted the words.

He was not of habit to talk of much things, especially in a public setting, but aside from that he wasn’t a very public man. Many things he kept to himself and he was not set on meeting each of her points with one of his own. Though there was something he would say.

“Do you not feel better now that you got that off of your chest?” The question directed to her. “I hear what you say, and I hear it well. However, remember what I said to you when we started?” By this time he had reached the door and placed his hand on the frame. “Because of what happened two years ago I now see that I am not able to go deeper in any relationship at this time.” All of which is why he did not, or tried not, to do too much with her.

She had asked him one time, in the beginning, if he could love a person like her. He had said that he could, because anything was possible. But as for him, it appeared that he needed more time to work through the past.

His eyes did not wander from her when he spoke his last words and now that they were done, he pushed open the door. Holding it for her, of course.

Marqués del Stry
Marqués del Stry

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Mon May 18, 2009 9:02 am

She looked at him she took in all his words and stayed quiet until he was finished.

"I have been with my children almost every moment that they have not been at school. When they are here and awake they have my full attention. They are my priority. "

She nodded at Ar as well and continued walking with the Marques until they had reached that door. She smiled at Marques even though it was a very sad smile.

"I do feel better, and it had to be said no matter that I do not like the outcome. I am sorry for your loss."

She kissed his cheek.

"I guess I'll see you around. If you need anything you know where to find me. My door is still always open."

She then turned and moved through the Inn to head back out the front door. She was not going to let him see her cry not over him. He had at least done much in helping heal her wounds, and he was not dead that was something. She held no ill feelings for him, she knew what is was to try and move past the loss of a spouse. He was not ready, that she could respect.

At the stables she allowed the silent tears to fall as she saddled Rider and one of the two horses that had been given to the Inn. She than took a moment to go in and change.

That done she would come back down to the stables and swing herself up into Rider's saddle. She was going spend the weekend with the twins at Claremount.
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down