Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Returning Home part 2 [ open ]

+2
Casandra Lightheart
B.D. Adams
6 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Returning Home part 2 [ open ] - Page 2 Empty Re: Returning Home part 2 [ open ]

Post by Guest Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:32 pm

Tasha smiled to Venis then turned her attention to Epiphany. "I hope you're right, but internal bleeding isn't the only reason for surgery. His left arm looked like it could be broken. But as far as keeping him sedated, I completely agree. For now we need to get to that room." She looked at Benjamin before she went through the portal. She had to wonder if he was going to follow through as well. She thought that Elessar might want to thank him for helping save his life, but she didn't know Elessar, so she couldn't be sure. She wasn't even sure that the lycan would want to see his good deed through to the end. Either way, she entered the portal.

She stepped out of the portal into the room and went to the bedside where Cas had been standing. They wanted Armandeus to look him over. She had no problem with that. Venis and the men were entering through another portal in the room. Things were running very smoothly.

Back to top Go down

Returning Home part 2 [ open ] - Page 2 Empty Re: Returning Home part 2 [ open ]

Post by Casandra Lightheart Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:32 am

Cas moved to the side as she heard De'Ryanna.

"Hello De'Ryanna."

When Armandeus was done removing most of the clothing she looked over him without touching him making visual note of the injuries she saw. It was worse then she had first thought and she had a feeling that when he was cleaned up that they would find more. She had a feeling that the only reason the man was still alive was because he was an elf.

When she saw the men come through the portal she addressed them all by name.

"Do any of you mind running errands for Epiphany, Tasha, and I?"

She knew that they would say no but she asked anyway.
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Number of posts : 1130

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:20 am

De'Ryanna kept eye on everything that was going on and once the water was done the hand towels that were in Armandeus' bathroom came out and were dampened. She highly doubted anyone was paying attention to her, and she hardly had the time to do that herself while she was supervising what was taking place in the room. The various portals opening up, people coming through, once Armandeus had rid Elessar of the unnecessary clothing she took up her place next to him, setting a hand lightly upon his arm.

"I wonder what type of clothes those were." She mused to no one in particular. It was true that she had not been to many places and therefore this could be something ordinary.

She heard Venis and Casandra both address her. "Hello Venis and Casandra." De'Ryanna gave Armandeus a comforting smile. "It will be all right."

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Number of posts : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:11 am

Once through the portal, Inion and Juliet stepped aside and moved to a wall. They stayed out of the way, she know what could happen if too many cooks had their hands in the pot and this was one of those times that too many people could do more harm then good. She would wait in case they were needed her eyes watching everything.
Inion
Inion

Number of posts : 303

Back to top Go down

Post by Armandeus Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:09 am

De'Ryanna was wrong, someone had been paying attention: Armandeus. He had been heading out of the bathroom, the smoldering ruin of clothes left in the shower, when towels started flying past. He had seen this trick, and as he had before, he smiled.

Moving back to the bedside he took one of the cloths from the bowl, wringing it out before he began wiping away at the grime covering Elessar's skin. The question of the clothes Elessar had worn brought an angry sound from Armandeus, dangerous sounding. "Guards clothing, from the Macon prison." His voice was tight, his eyes focused on the task of cleaning skin. "They did this to him." And as soon as the next portal opened, they were going to pay.
Armandeus
Armandeus

Number of posts : 179

Back to top Go down

Post by B.D. Adams Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:08 pm

His job here was done. The women had finally decided what they were going to do with the unconscious elf and took him through the portal. For a moment the thought of all of them crammed into a small room entertained him, but then he thought better.

He may not know about the elf Armandeus, but he had a good comprehension about people. The way the elf had looked at his unconscious friend told him that he was not going to let just anyone run the show. And he might be one who doesn't like too many people tampering in his dealings.

Benjamin stayed long enough to give a wave to those leaving and then, when only himself and Epiphany remained, he stood. Before all this he had been about his business; it was time to get back to it.

And so, just as he had come, without saying a word he headed out the door and out the Inn.
B.D. Adams
B.D. Adams

Number of posts : 198

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:37 pm

"Armandeus, do you want help, or would you prefere to wash him yourself?"

She was standing just to the left of him and behind she had seen the floating towels but said nothing.
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:11 pm

That was that wasn't it? She had offered Tasha to help her out with the herbs but it had been politely refused for going into the room instead. No matter. It's not that she necessarily needed the help, but it was always good to have another person.

While everyone else went through the portal, and Benjamin headed out the door, Epiphany took too the steps. Easily climbing them she reached the landing of the first floor and headed to her room - which happened to be across the hall from the Elves'. Entering in she took off the overly large shirt she was wearing and remained in the dark blue tank that was underneath. It was easier to work without clothes getting in the way. Hair pulled back she got to work.

It wasn't too long before Epiphany left her room, a small pouch around her waist and a syringe in her hand filled with a yellow tinted liquid. There were a lot of people in the Elves' room. This is where being a small -not only in height but otherwise- came in handy.

"Excuse me. 'Scuse me. Coming through," she said as she made her way through the people. "Make a hole people. Sharp object coming through."

Epiphany made her way to Elessar's bedside and smiled at Armandeus as she picked up one of Elessar's arms and stuck him with the needle, pushing the liquid into his bloodstream. "Won't hurt him. Keeping him sedated. Unconscious." She pulled the needle out and deposited it in one side of her pouch. Then she took out a band-aid and covered the spot. A precaution against any bleeding. Figuring that Ar trusted her not to harm Elessar is why she did what she did without asking. He knew she wouldn't hurt him.

"It will help him to heal faster, and you won't get the pain from him which will help you, help him." She smiled again, and looked around the room smiling still. "Excuse me. I see hot water." And that is where she went.
Epiphany
Epiphany

Number of posts : 615

http://www.bebo.com/iastepiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:25 pm

Venis watched everything. She stood silent and waited for everyone to be there. The way De'Ryanna and Armandeus were handling things she wasn't sure if they were going to still need the healers. But she knew that they would stay unless asked to leave. And so she moved to open her next portal. This one needed to stay open for a brief period.

She went to the best place in the room. When she held up her finger to tear open the portal a flame ignited and consumed the finger. She spoke as she tore down slowly. "Twenty-four klew'kinen, fridj uss tangi, nindel's lu'oh verve nindol obsul'e zhal zexen'uma." The portal opened with ease and showed no signs of re-sealing.

She turned to the others. "This portal goes to the third floor hall, almost centered between Tasha and Casie's rooms. It will remain open for twenty-four hours. Now, if I am no longer needed?" She didn't see any reason for her to stay, the situation seemed to be under control and they would call to her if she was needed. She felt the need to say one more thing. "If anyone needs me, even if you cannot send me a mental-link, just call my name out loud. I'll be listening just to be sure." And once again there was a bright light in her place and it gave way to hundreds of little balls of light that disappeared into thin air.

Back in her room she removed her fangs from Eros' neck and licked his wound to clean it and help it heal. Not that he needed help healing, it was a habit. "Sorry about that hon, now where were we?" ...

((My bad, I forgot. "Twenty-four hours, just one day, that's how long this portal shall stay."))

Last edited by Venis Jordianthan on Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:54 pm

Tasha must have misunderstood Epiphany when they spoke downstairs, because she hadn't followed through the portal. She would apologize to her later. Everyone here seemed to have things under control, but she wouldn't leave unless asked. She might still be needed, though for what she wasn't sure.

In the mean time she looked at the men and nodded to a table where they could set their arm loads of towels and sheets and she stood back in the corner out of everyones way. She observed everything from there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:59 pm

The three men were standing there watching. Nothing that was going on in the room was a shock to them. Floating towels, burning clothes, they were used to things like that. After all, they worked for Venis. When they saw Tasha nod towards a table, they walked over and put down the towels and sheets. After they were through setting things down they went over and stood against a wall. They awaited orders. Those orders could come from anyone. They were told to help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:13 pm

Well, what a delightful show this was turning out to be, everyone seemed to enjoy it anyway by how they were all simply standing around watching. Or waiting for instruction. Though this was something Epiphany didn't understand. Perhaps she was too brash - she had been called that many times, always jumping the gun in situations and doing, or preparing to do, whether it was needed or not. Maybe these people were use to being given directions and were not going to actually do anything until directions were given? That had to be how they were trained.

Anyway Epiphany was done cleaning the needle with the hot water - she would still use another when it was time for another injection - and she looked around at the lot of them. "Come on people let's get to work. If you're going to be here there's no use in just watching, unless you're going to take notes." For the note takers she would produce paper and pencils. A troop of people were not needed for one person. That was her opinion.

"There's a fever to bring down, bruises to take care of, ribs to wrap up, and a cast to make." How did she know? She had seen him when she gave him the shot. The way his arm rested said it was broken, the bruises around his chest spoke of broken ribs, and the bruises were obvious to anyone who had eyes.

"It's not broken enough for surgery Tasha. If it's set right the cast will do just fine." that was in response to Tasha's earlier worry of surgery.

She waited a moment as she pulled a few vials of herbs from her pack. The thing of people under sedation, you had to make sure their heart kept functioning. "Okay let's get to work. If you don't have your supplies then go get them."

Then she smiled to Venis' employees. "Please, will one of you thank Venis but tell her that the open portal, inside the room, isn't needed. I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with our legs - we can walk - and Elessar is going to need some privacy. Not to mention the people who stay in the room."

Epiphany
Epiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:14 pm

She smiled at Epiphany, she didn't want to get into anyones way, but since she was told to jump right in, she was going to. Being one who has to break and reset bones frequently, she was going for that arm. "Epiphany, I can close the portal when we are done. Isah, in my room is a carton of cast plaster and there are some strips of special gauze and some cotton pads with them. I need those please. Shamus, come help me set this bone. Jorge, see what everyone else needs please."

She went to his arm. "By the way, if needed, there are some leaches in my bag to draw out the blood from some of those deeper and darker bruises." She ran her hand over the break slowly, she had to see how bad it was. It was a clean break, well as clean as could be. It would be relatively simple to set. And once Isah returned with the casting supplies, she would be able to get on it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:54 pm

Isah headed for the portal with a nod of his head. Once through through portal he was on the third floor in the hall. He went to Tasha's door, it had been unlocked for them. He went inside and went over to the trunks of medical supplies. He opened the first one and they weren't there. Tasha was so very well organized. He opened the second chest and there was a carton, it looked like a carton of milk. He lifted it and saw that it was plaster. He grabbed it up. And with it he grabbed the sealed bags of cotton and gauze. There were some strips of colored gauze as well, so he grabbed those up. Who knows, they might want a colored cast.

He closed the trunk and looked around. There was a basket over by the table, it looked perfect for carrying everything in. He placed the items in the basket and headed back to the portal. He stepped into it again and exited it back in the Elf's room. he took the basket over and placed it on the bed near where Tasha and Shamus were working on the arm,

While Isah went after the casting supplies Shamus walked over to where Tasha was and watched as she checked the arm. He knew he was going to have to help her set the arm so he stood as close as he could without hindering her. He waited for her to tell him what to do so that he didn't hurt him worse.

Jorge waited for someone to ask him to do something. He was there to help, but he wasn't going to do anything to get into anyones way or mess anything up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Armandeus Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:13 am

What was that? Ar had been busy, though getting five months worth of built up grime off one's skin wasn't exactly an easy task. He hadn't been busy enough not to notice when Epiphany suddenly appeared on the other side of Elessar's bed.

It was good to see her; she had helped Elessar before and Ar trusted her. Though what she held in her hand he didn't. The Elf had never seen such a thing before; to him it looked like a sharpened metal twig attached to a tube of yellow liquid. What in the world was it? More importantly, what was she going to do with it? Ar didn't get the chance to ask either question before it was too late. She had stuck the thing into Elessar's arm, and the liquid had disappeared.

Without realizing what he was doing, he had straightened up, one of the daggers slipping free from it's place in his sleeve. Lucky for Epiphany, her words sunk in and made sense before the dagger was even seen. He should have known, he did know, she wouldn't harm Elessar, but instincts were hard to fight. Adjusting his sleeve, he picked up the cloth he had been using, and smiled towards Epiphany. "Le hannon."

What she had done was good; Elessar would sleep, and because of it he would be able to help fix him. Ar had settled back to his task when he heard Casandra speak from behind him. "I would prefer to do it myself, but I will need more water, and a bar of soap. There's a lot to try getting off. I believe there's a new bar in the cabinet above the sink."
Armandeus
Armandeus

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:25 am

Well that was one thing she could do she got the new bar of soap and kept the fresh water and wash cloths comeing. As the grime was cleaned off she pointed out the uncovered bruises.
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:02 pm

Tasha took a firm hold on the arm above the break. This would hurt like hell were he not sedated. She had a very tight grasp for someone her size, but after all, she was a lycan. "Shamus, take the arm there, and when I nod, I want you to pull slightly and turn slowly clockwise. There's going to be some grinding sounds and a slight pop but you'll feel when it's in place and you have to stop turning then. Once the bone is in perfect alignment you can slowly release your pull. Watch your ears everyone."

She tightened her grip with her right hand and her left hand went to the break. She nodded to Shamus and she pulled slightly herself. She would use her left hand to help guide the bone and so she could make sure that it was in perfect alignment before the pulling was released. She also wanted to make sure that she didn't allow any nerves or muscles to get pinched in the break, she she had to continue to massage them away from the break while it was being set.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:14 pm

Shamus took hold where he was told to. Using both hands. When she nodded he pulled slightly and it felt weired when the bone felt like it had rubbed against itself. She was right about the noises. He started turning very slowly clockwise. He winced a little when he saw things moving so unnaturally beneath the skin. He wasn't exactly grossed out, he had seen Tasha shift before and this wasn't much different then her shift. But it just seemed like it would hurt more.

He could hear the grinding of the bone as it was sliding back into place, and it made him instinctively pull a little harder. He watched her pinching and massaging the arm as they moved it. She seemed so much calmer and more relaxed than he would have been doing this on his own. Then he felt the pop when the bone was back in place so he stopped turning. He waited until she looked up at him before he started to release the pull on his arm. Once the bone met up with it's other half he stopped all movement, but he didn't release the arm, yet.

Isah had been reading the instructions on the carton of plaster. Then he looked around and found a small bowl in Tasha's bag. He went and got some water and began to slowly mix up some plaster for the cast. He waited to open the sealed packages. He knew they had to remain sterile. Since everyone was so busy with things he thought that Casie was the best person to ask because there wasn't any room over where Tasha was setting the arm. Casie was busy too, but in an easier location for him to reach. "Lady Casandra, does this look like it's the right consistency? I don't want it wrong and then it not work."

Jorge began helping Casie get fresh cloths and things for Armandeus so he could continue to wash up Elessar. But he saw that Tasha was going to need that arm cleaned before she could put the cast on it. So he got some of the wet towels and soaped them up for her. He took them over to her and seeing that they were still holding the arm in place he began to wash the arm. He knew that Armandeus had said he preferred to wash Elessar himself, but the arm needed to get done quickly so the cast could be made. He hoped that Armandeus didn't mind. He was just trying to help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:49 pm

She looked at the plaster mixture, it was the right consistancy.

"Yes Isha that is perfect."

It was the consistacy of a very runny of a slightly runny breakfast cereal.

"Bring it to Tasha when she is ready. "

She went back to getting fresh water and clean towels.
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:19 pm

Inion couldn't step in and help, the relic she carried had woken when she touched Elessar. She was struggling to keep it under control, and chose to step out of the room. And not a minute to soon as the pain took hold she went to her knees thankfully in the hall and out of everyones way. Juliet carefully helped her up making sure not to touch her bare skin and helped her to her room.
Inion
Inion

Number of posts : 303

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:06 pm

Isah nodded. "Thank you." He continued to stir as he walked over to get closer to Tasha. He waited for her to be ready for the plaster.

Jorge was trying to clean the arm the best he could. He was scrubbing and scrubbing, it was some tough dirt and grime to remove. He didn't want to hurt the elf, but he was having to scrub hard. He switched cloths and went at it again. He wasn't leaving red marks, so he was doing better than he thought. "Epiphany, he is not going to wake up while I am doing this is he?" Very few people had ever heard him speak. His accent was thicker than Manny's, but not as thick as Leo and The Marques.

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:06 am

Things were moving now, that was good for it allowed her time to work with the herbs she had brought. It wasn't often that she had the opportunity to sedate a person and keep them that way for an extended period of time. There was a lot of work to be done when keeping a person unconscious.

She used a bit of the hot water in the mixture she was creating, a sharp smell spotting the air. While waiting for that she started on a second, rolling up the pill she was going to slip into Elessar's mouth. That was when she heard the question directed to her.

"Oh don't worry, with what I gave him he'll be knocked out cold for a couple hours." Epiphany was rather pleased about that too. The pill was rolled and she took it over to him. A smile given as she slipped the pill into Elessars mouth and moved to the pocket of his cheek. "That'll help bring his fever down. Will start working soon."
Epiphany
Epiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:31 am

Tasha watched as Jorge washed the arm, she even lifted it for him. To leave it dirty would leave open the possibility of infection. Not that there was an open wound, but if there were any parasites in the dirt and grime, they could get into him. Once he was done and the elf's pale flesh was clean, she let Jorge dry the arm with a towel.

After that she placed Shamus' hand over the break and told him to hold it. She bent the elbow and asked Jorge for the cotton wrapping to be opened. As she held the arm and Shamus held the break together she began to wrap the arm in the cotton. Once she had the arm done she made sure to move down to the hand, she made sure that he wasn't going to use his fingers or thumb either. That would move the muscles and tendons and even the nerves and could cause the bone to shift or pinch.

"Ok, now the white gauze, the rough kind first." She looked up from her task for a moment and addressed the others in the room. "By the way, does anyone know if he would have a color preference or should I just go with white?" She motioned to Isah with her head for him to come closer with the plaster. She dipped the strip into the paste and made sure to saturate it. When she pulled it out she ran her fingers over it to get off any excess that would cause the cast to be drippy and runny and not dry properly. Then she began placing strips onto the cotton. Each strip was placed slowly and pulled tightly around the elf's arm. The cast had to be tight to hold the arm still and keep the bone in place long enough to heal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Armandeus Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:19 am

Armandeus looked sick. The pain from the bond with Elessar he could handle; the growing pull on sensitive empathic senses he could ignore, but the grinding sound of bones scraping together he couldn't take.

Armandeus was not the squeamish type, but this noise raked against his already sensitive hearing, seeming to pierce right down to his nerves. It made him nauseous; he couldn't stand it. Moving on autopilot, he backed away from the bed, purple eyes wide, his tanned face turning a ghastly gray-green color.

The Elf was out the door then, moving down the hall in a blur. It was only when he reached the steps he stopped, gulping for breath as he slid down the wall and to the floor.
Armandeus
Armandeus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:36 am

Tasha had seen Armandeus while they were setting the bone, but she was concentrating. Now that the bone was set and Jorge had his hands free again she could help. Shamus was holding the break through the cotton now. Isah was helping with the plaster keeping it the right consistency. And she was applying the cast and making sure it was tight, but not too tight. So that left. "Jorge, could you take Armandeus a glass of cold water and a cold wet towel please?" She continued to make the cast. She figured others would go check on him as well, but she wanted to make sure he got some water.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next