Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

A Visit To Dre [Open to those in Darkmane Manor

2 posters

Go down

A Visit To Dre [Open to those in Darkmane Manor Empty A Visit To Dre [Open to those in Darkmane Manor

Post by Gawain Sun May 09, 2010 4:35 am

Footsteps rang out in the still evening air. Gawain knew it was late, but he had urgent business that simply could not wait. Since he had already been invited, the barrier around the Manor allowed him to pass without resistance. He approached the door, pushing it open and walking inside. A simple greeting would have to wait. Time was not on their side, as it seemed to him.

After awhile, he began to remember the layout of the castle, and stalked toward Dreconis' bedroom door. A single knock was given. "Dre. We need to speak, and I am afraid it cannot wait until morning. Would you meet me in the living room? It is, as I said, fairly urgent that we speak." Gawain was not given to being cryptic, but his news had to be discussed in private. So, as he knew Dre had a sense of hearing and smell to closely rival his own, he turned on a booted heel and headed for the living room. There, he seated himself and waited.
Gawain
Gawain

Number of posts : 376

Back to top Go down

A Visit To Dre [Open to those in Darkmane Manor Empty Re: A Visit To Dre [Open to those in Darkmane Manor

Post by Beastie Sun May 09, 2010 12:54 pm

A knock on his bedroom door awoke him. Instantly the weaves were being thread for the intruder and his his were reaching for weapons. Then he heard Gawain's voice. Something important that could not wait?It had better be important or there would be hell to pay.

He arose; careful not to awaken the sleeping Arcadia next to him, and got dressed- loincloths make it so easy to get dressed in a hurry. He placed a soft kiss on Arcadia's cheek and left his room. He headed down the stairs, after checking on Lydia and just looking into Kyra's room in case she was there.

He went down stairs and into the kitchen to at least get a drink of water. This also served a purpose to let Gawain know that this had best be important. It also gave him time to think.

Gawain was not normally cryptic.So what was bugging him so. Why start now? He smelled the unease and figured it was time to face the piper.

Moving into the living room, he sat in the seat made for him. He studied Gawain a bit more and said just two words, "Spill it."
Beastie
Beastie

Number of posts : 1596

Back to top Go down

A Visit To Dre [Open to those in Darkmane Manor Empty Re: A Visit To Dre [Open to those in Darkmane Manor

Post by Gawain Sun May 09, 2010 7:08 pm

Gawain sat, hands folded in front of him, looking grim. "I am sure the place is warded against eavesdropping, but allow me the indulgence." He seized the Source, weaving a strong ward against eavesdropping. "Now then. You, of course, know that I have eyes and ears practically everywhere, and one such person reported something to me. It seems there has been a search called for someone being called Iluvenis. I believe her true name is Lydia, and that she is here?"

He did not wait for a response, for he already knew that it was so. "I propose setting a guard at the gates here, as well as the inn. They've already been to Newhaven searching, but my source informed me that the one doing the brunt of said searching was too busy coddling her mount to continue the search. I don't know about you, but I would not let a tired mount deter me from looking for my child....that is, if I felt I had any claim to the child." He paused there, tapping a finger to his lips. "You know me better than most, Dreconis, and are a brother to me. Soon, we must take the trip to the Three-Fold Land and confirm ourselves as first-brothers. Therefore, I feel that I should tell you that since our recent battle, I have noticed a certain darkness within myself. No, before you ask, I am not going bad, or rogue. I simply feel like my old self. So, you should be happy to know that the neutered puppy is gone, and the real me is alive and well. I'll tell you later about my soul, brother. It's an interesting tale, and one to be told over a few rounds of Krow's brew." He smiled, knowing that Dre would get that hint.

Gawain took a deep breath and continued. "My source mentioned one more thing. One of those searching mentioned Arcadia by name. I tell you this, brother, not to worry you, but to forewarn you. Know that I will fight alongside you once more, dance the dance, and spit in Sightblinder's eye as my last breath escapes me if it is needed." Gawain rose as if to move away, then paused. "I have a commission for you, my brother. I have the materials and specs for a weapon. A special weapon, as it turns out. My wife owns one such, and I would consider it a personal favor to be repaid at any time if you would craft it for me. I trust no one else to do this. After all, I know your skills to be verging on legendary in smithing. Well, that and drinking." He chuckled, and sat back down. "So, where do we start?" This was not the old touchy-feely I-want-to-be-friends-with-everyone Gawain anymore. This was Gawain as he was always meant to be.
Gawain
Gawain

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 09, 2010 7:24 pm

Arcadia rolled over and snoring softly when Dre kissed her as he got out of bed. But after a short time she woke up not sure exactly why but something felt out of place. Seeing the bed empty she grabbed her robe as she got out of the bed and seeing it was late she peeked in on Lydia to make sure she was still sleeping. Seeing everything there was fine she heard voices downstairs. About halfway down the stairs she realized it was Gawain that was here and she heard what he said. She was down the steps before anyone knew what hit them. Her voice reflected worry and a hint of anger and her eyes were showing signs of fire in them.

::Why after three months are they looking for our daughter?::

Yes she referred to Lydia as their daughter as that is what Arcadia truly felt she was.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Sun May 09, 2010 7:33 pm

Gawain turned in his seat to look to Arcadia, smiling slightly. "Hello, Arcadia, and apologies for waking you two at this hour. In answer to your question, I simply have to say that they are idiots. Otherwise, they would know better than to hunt what they cannot hope to kill." He was quite to the point in his response, and after nodding to Arcadia, he turned back to Dreconis. He was not dismissing or ignoring her, but he was curious as to how his brother would take his news.
Gawain
Gawain

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 09, 2010 7:40 pm

It was a busy night it seemed. Kyra and Sheena took their time returning to the manor and was just in time for all the fun stuff. Kyra hopped of Slepnir and took her bag down feeling something was wrong but couldn't tell what it was. She looked to Sheena and whispered.

"Something is wrong...I just can't tell what it is. I'm going to go ahead and go in to make sure everyone is ok."

Going in she tried her best not to make so much noise but was worried and wanted to find out what was going on. But what she was her mother, her father and her uncle sitting around talking. She spoke up as she came in the door.

"I'm back...what's going on? And don't even try telling me nothing is going on, is Lydia ok? Maddie"

She waited for the answers to her questions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheena Sun May 09, 2010 7:42 pm

Sheena was not to far behind Kyra but was more subtle about her being there. She had her bag in one hand. Stepping through the door she laid it down and walked into the living room. Looking around she waited herself to see what was going to be said to Kyra and the questions she asked of them. She spoke with a level tone but one that told them all they best not lie to her.

-So who is going to tell the child what is going on here?-

Sheena

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Sun May 09, 2010 8:03 pm

Gawain rose, facing Sheena. "Greetings, Sheena. I fear we have not seen each other in far too long." He bowed formally. "I was just explaining to Dreconis that it seems there is some sort of weak, ragtag search going on for Lydia. I proposed a few things to Dreconis, but I am willing to let him mull over his options. Being the Lord of the Manor is a daunting task, and it's security is one of the more important things to be considered. As it stands, I am, and always will be, at your disposal. You know, I have often stated that I thought of Lord Krownar as the father I was deprived of....but I feel I should state now, to your face, that I have always regarded you as a great replacement for the mother I was robbed of." He didn't speak in riddles, and lies would not come from his mouth. What he spoke was the truth, and from the heart.

He turned to Kyra, smiling slightly. "Hello, niece. Lydia is safe, and we will be sure of that. Do not worry over it, dear. As for Madeline, I fear that the twisted woman who was once her stepmother set a trap meant for me, and Madeline triggered it. I almost swallowed my tongue when I saw her at my door a few days ago, since she has been reverted to a child-like state. Her current age appears to be somewhere around nine or ten. I would consider it a favor if you would act as a big sister to her until I find a way to reverse the affects. Do not, however, put yourself in any danger. I've had enough of losing those I hold dear." He turned slightly, addressing the room. "This is my family. You are all precious to me, and I would die to protect any one of you, just as I would my own children and my wife."
Gawain
Gawain

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Mon May 10, 2010 11:18 am

He sat there stunned. It was a lot to take in. Though he will admit, it was good to have Gawain back to the wolf he knew and not the yipping cuddly poodle he was.

Each time he was about to say something, one of his family came in and said something. He stood and smiled, kissing Arcadia's cheek.

"I have..." He started to say before Kyra came in, and his mother was with her.

That smile grew more, as he went to embrace both of them.

"Gawain was....." He went quiet again as Gawain started to speak.

He looked around, seeing if anyone else was going to say anything.

"Well it seems that part of my plan has worked without me knowing it." he chuckled at that.

He looked at them all and nodded, time to get serious. "First, let me remind all that no one or thing can get into this house without being invited. Kyra and I made sure of that as it was being built. You can not portal here, gateway, shadow walk or use any god powers to get in. You have to be invited. Plan and simple.

"With that being said, no one is to invite anyone else here until I give the okay. Also remember that none of them have been invited her, not even those of my blood. Gawain, brother, I would feel better if you and Maddie were to move your things into the house. We have enough room, in fact you two were given rooms here as well.

"As far as guards, well we do not have any here at the manor. Plain and simple. Hiring some now is out, as I do not know who I can trust beyond those in this room, Maddie, and a select few others. I do want to keep this quiet. So none beyond this room is to know, except the Inn owner.

"If there is to be trouble, then it is only fair that they be informed."

He stopped and thought for a moment. Seems he had his confidence back and was actually acting like a Lord. Looking at each of them, he knew their strengths and weaknesses.

"Gawain, keep us informed with your informants. I will not lose another child of mine to anyone as long as I still breathe." Yes he had claimed Lydia as one of his own. Adopting her seemed like the right thing to do, and he hoped Kyra and his mother would not be angry for not talking to them about it.

"We will make more preparations as we know more. One other thing, outside this house i would feel better if two things were to happen. First, Hopper was to stay here so that he could not be caught and used as bait to lure out Lydia. Second, that when Lydia is out someone is with her at all times."

He stood there and nodded. It seemed a sound plan. He wondered much, but said little at this moment.

"Gawain, you have to talk to my partner Kyra about any orders and such."

He looked over to Kyra and winked.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Mon May 10, 2010 5:35 pm

He smiled. "Thanks for the offer, Dre. I was actually going to ask if Maddie could have an extended sleep-over with her sister Kyra. Myself, I must be seen out and about. Since they have been so lax in their search, having waited some three months, as I believe Arcadia...." He paused, smirking at her, then Dre. Sometimes it was awkward to have a friend who could smell a flea passing wind in the next room, such as Gawain could. "My apologies. 'Bout time, by the way. As I was saying, Lady Arcadia was speaking of some three months? I would brush it off, but I know the type, and they'd stoop to very low levels to get what they perceive as theirs. I swear by the Light if I ever have to hear that....thing....call me 'her furball' one more time, I will chew through my own femoral artery and smile as I bleed out."

He paused, looking around the room. Finally, he decided the time was right. After all, they had as much right to know as anyone, since he considered them family. "I feel it necessary to tell you, Dre, in the presence of your family that I no longer an encumbered by a soul. No, it hasn't been taken, or stolen, it has simply been placed within an artifact, one which you, Dre, know as a cour'souvra, and safely hidden where no one, mortal or immortal, would dare seek it. It's easier this way, and since one of the beings I consider to be a threat to my family delights in seeking to control or steal souls, it was an easy decision to make. Besides, it pissed Ahriman off royally, which was worth the price I paid to make it so." He laughed, then continued. "It was, to him, like thrusting a straw into a cup that he thought was full, and sucking air. I'll remember the look on his face forever....damn, I wish I had had a camera."

After a moment, his gaze shifted to Kyra. "So, the daughter has taken at least partial ownership of the forge? Good. I will be around shortly, maybe in a few days, with the materials, the coin, and the specs for the weapon. Thank you all, both for being family and friends, and for your gracious offer. I do not want Madeline to fall into any danger, and in her current state, she isn't as capable of taking care of herself as she was. So, I'll have her things packed and bring them here personally. As you said, Dre, trust is a luxury we cannot afford at the present, so I will not ask an outsider to deliver her things. I will be off to confer with my agents from around the area, and I will keep you posted as needed. Be well, and may you all always find water and shade." He smiled, feeling a level of acceptance he hadn't felt in awhile, and turned toward the door. He would be a few moments in leaving if anyone had anything to add.
Gawain
Gawain

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 10, 2010 6:30 pm

Arcadia was standing near the door when Kyra and Sheena both came in the door. A bright smile crossed her lips as she heard them both speak. Giving a hug to each she whispered to them.

::It is good to have you both home.::

Her attention was turned towards what Gawain was saying and what Dre has said. The smile only grew bigger as she heard him claim Lydia as his and she silently prayed that Kyra and Sheena were not going to be too angry at them for not talking to either of them of this before hand. Rather surprised when she heard what he said and shook her head.

::Wait...how in the heavens did you lose your soul?::

Last edited by Arcadia Nyght on Mon May 10, 2010 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 10, 2010 6:56 pm

She hugged her mother back and smiled. Getting the feeling of the worries going away seeing everyone seemed to have things under control. And also seeing her parents were getting along and hearing what her dad said made her very happy. Yawning a little bit she spoke softly.

"If you don't mind I'm really tired and need to get some sleep. I don't need to be here for all these plans. Uncle Gawain, I would like it if Maddie came to visit for a while regardless of her age."

She still smiled and turned to walk up the steps leaving them to their discussions. Although she was a little confused and would have to ask about it later...how can someone be alive and not have a soul.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheena Tue May 11, 2010 1:02 am

A smile spread across her lips as she heard Gawain and what he had to say in regards to her being a mother figure to him. That warmed her heart as she had always looked at him as a son of hers. The boys were always close friends and it was only natural that she felt that way. Just as Arcadia and Airtia were like the daughters she never had but wanted. Sheena was happy to see Arcadia and Dre finally making a go of being an honest couple. Listening to what everyone had to say before she spoke again and was rather curious about the fact that Gawain claimed to have no soul.

-First I would like to say thank you Gawain. I have always considered you to be one of my sons and nothing will change that not even you having no soul. Although, I do agree with Arcadia and wish to know how that is possible and why you would have chosen that for yourself.-

Sheena paused a moment and then looked to Kyra as she was saying her good nights and whispered to her.

-Sleep well Kyra and sweet dreams.-

Once she was up the stairs she would look to Dre and Arcadia with a smile.

-I am glad to see you two getting along so well and that you my son have accepted her child as your own. Kyra told me all about my new granddaughter.-

She smiled to them both knowing they would understand her best that she did not have to meet Lydia to claim her as her granddaughter. Now as for the safety of that she would speak on that as well.

-Now I would like to see anyone try to take what is not theirs. Some would learn from their mistakes with one child before attempting to make mistakes with another child who has been with her rightful mother so long now and not so much as a word from the other. Now if you will excuse me the journey has been a long one and I need rest. Kyra has already told me where my room was so please stay and finish your discussion. Arcadia, Dre we will talk tomorrow. Good night Gawain be safe.-

They would all get what she was referring to and it was meant to be harsh. Sheena was not there to coddle anyone that may come to harm her family. With that being said she did not wait for responses as she walked up the stairs with her bags in hand.

Sheena

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Tue May 11, 2010 4:12 pm

As quickly as the room was filling up with people, it was emptying. Would what he say be obeyed? Who knew. Nothing much was said about it. He looked to Gawain and nodded, knowing what he meant about the encumbrance of a soul. his knowing was only partial, for it only happened when he was in a rage. Then instinct took over and nothing else mattered.

He hugged his daughter and mother good night. He was glad all approved, and happy Sheena was here. He looked to Arcadia, "Might wish to check on Lydia. Make sure we had not roused her. I will be along shortly."

He needed to think of a few more ways to keep his family safe.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 11, 2010 4:49 pm

She smiled and walked over to him giving him a kiss. Thinking a moment holding his hand she spoke softly.

::Things will ok as long as we are all in this together and in agreement of how best to handle it. I know they heard you and we both know they will listen to your directions as will I. For now I will go check on our daughters and meet you back in bed. Please do not be long.::

She only gave him a look and a smirk crossed her lips at that last part as she kissed him again and let go of his hand to make her way up the stairs to check on the girls. Seeing both were sound asleep in theirs beds she closed their doors back and went off to the bedroom.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Tue May 11, 2010 5:09 pm

He returned the kiss and nodded to what she said.

"I wonder at times," was all he said.

He looked at her and saw that smirk. Smiling he said, "Insatiable."

He sat there for a few moments and nodded. The Darkmanes were together, woo be unto those that tried to vith with them. He chuckled and got up, looking into each of the ladies bedrooms to make sure all was well one last time. Saying silently his good nights and that he loved them. Then he was off to his own room, wondering what surprise he had this time.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down