Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Unbreakable Threads Broken [Invitation only, please]

2 posters

Go down

Unbreakable Threads Broken [Invitation only, please] Empty Unbreakable Threads Broken [Invitation only, please]

Post by Gawain Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:17 am

He was in trouble. No sense in denying the truth anymore. He was, in a nutshell, about to be dead. Again. It never got any easier, even with foreknowledge, that one's number is up. You'd think he'd be used to it by now, but the truth is, he was simply tired. Weary in spirit, one could say. True, he was strong in body, but he couldn't help but think that maybe he had finally had enough.

He lifted himself as quickly as possible, glaring at the figure standing a short distance away. The eye tried to slide off of the form there, as if it was something that should not be directly looked at, but Gawain knew to avert his gaze meant a much quicker death. He didn't know if he could beat this one, but he would not go down without trying. He had unleashed it, and it would end here, one way or the other. "So." He spoke finally, spitting out a tooth and a mouthful of blood. That was never fun, no matter that he could grow the teeth back given time. "You going to just stand there and throw whatever Light-forsaken garbage you're dishing out at me, or are you going to fight me? At least give me a shot at getting your throat in my mouth, bastard."

The figure appeared to be shaking, but Gawain knew it was not out of fear. The thing was laughing at him. He knew this was meant to anger him, but blind rage would be yet another way to get himself killed more quickly. He could not goad it into making a lunge at him, either. It was as if he were one of those dolls Earth boys called action figures, just a plaything. Something to be thrown around and used. No one used him and saw no reprisal, though. Never again. Swearing to himself, Gawain reached for the Source, grabbing Saidin forcefully and pulling in as much power as he could hold safely, then drawing deeper. His hand went into his coat to grasp the figurine within, a much less powerful angreal than he had once carried, and drew Saidin through it as well. Filled to bursting with the Power, which threatened to scrub him away as if he were a dust mote, he attacked. A fist lifted to throw Arrows of Fire. Fingers splayed to throw Fire Blossoms. Hand opened and cupped to form Death Gates, a version of Gateways that opened and closed quickly, tearing anything in their path to ribbons.

The creatures eyes glowed as he laughed. "Foolish boy. Do you think you have a chance? You only postpone the inevitable. Your pitiful attempt at heroics will be your undoing!" The form continued to laugh as he made a sweeping motion with the forefinger of his left hand. The weaves were sundered before they had a chance to reach him. Faster than anything natural or unnatural had moved in the living world before. There was a sharp crack as the sound barrier was breached, and the figure was closer than a whisper. "I will teach you the meaning of power. Fool."

The comment was offhanded, as was the strike which took Gawain's breath from his body. He groaned as he hit then slid down the side of a tree. He lay still for a moment, trying to feel if anything was broken. Three ribs, possibly something punctured, and a vague sense of light-headedness and sickness, that was all. He knew now that he could not win this assault, not in the present condition. As he thought frantically, seeking anything that may help, he struck upon something. Raising himself from the ground, he pulled on Saidin until he felt as if his bones were aflame, then pulled in more. His teeth ground from the exertion and from the agony and ecstasy of the Power, and the ground beneath him began to shake. Taking a step in the direction of the cloaked and darkened form, he pushed out with everything he had in him. Air, Earth and Fire were woven intricately to form Fire Blossoms. As the fingers of both hands were splayed in front of him, he realized why it had not worked the last time. He had divided the Power he held to perform three weaves at once, but pushing everything he had into this one weave, he may at least hurt the creature. Bars of red fire no thicker than a normal forearm erupted from the ground all around the figure, reaching ten feet high, and a high-pitched whine could be heard coming from the woven fire itself. Another flow of Air was added, and all of the bars exploded into blossoms of Power-wrought fire spanning thirty feet on each side. He had effectively made a rapidly-closing cage of Fire around the figure, and even though he felt the Source threatening to scour him out of existance, he pushed harder.

He strained his ears to hear anything, a sigh, a scream. Anything. Instead, he heard a grunt, as if the form within the walls of fire were pushing against his weavings. Gritting his teeth, he grabbed at the angreal within his coat once more, and pulled at Saidin with as much effort as he could. Much more than he knew was safe, and much more than he had ever attempted before. A howl was heard, prompting the thought of Finally! to slide across his mind before he felt something give. He thought initially that the resistance was over, and maybe he could rest. Then it became all to clear what had given.

He had.

Horror slid across his face now as he dropped to his knees, eyes wild. He was...he had....oh no. Oh Light, no!

He had burned himself out. He could not feel the Source, could not even touch it, let alone even begin to drag at it.

Footsteps sounded as the light from the many fires began to die down. "You should be proud of yourself, Cauthon boy. In the millenia I have reigned over Hell, you are the first to ever come close to defeating me." Gawain's head came up, eyes wild and haunted, just in time for him to be hit with so much force that he thought he would simply die from the sheer pain of it. In fact, he almost hoped for that very thing. The figure came to where Gawain had landed, on his back and sprawled out like a drunkard, this time too much in pain to rise to his feet. "I told you, boy. No one cheats me of my due. You will pay with your life." The being's foot came down on Gawain's neck, and he began to see fading sparkles of light at the edge of his vision.

So this is it. I'm going to die again, alone, severed, and pretty much all by my own hand. At least I won't have to live without the Source. Not for long, anyway. The figure, as if sensing the surrender in Gawain, lifted his foot and laughed at him once more. "No, you do not get off so easily. I am the keeper of my Circle for a reason, boy. No one can destroy me, only hope to banish me for a season. You, my little toy, are nothing more than an ant contemplating the cosmos. A small grain of sand on an infinite beach. And boy, why would I kill you when I can season your soul by going for the pain?"

A pop was heard as the figure dematerialized from over him. Gawain, too injured to even think of rising, stared up at the empty sky. A shooting star, flying from east to west, passed across his field of vision. This was something he would remember eventually, but for now, all rational thought was gone. All he could feel was the cold settling into his bones, the emptiness. He had lost the Source, and with it, his bond to his wife. He wondered in a far-off way if she had noticed, then he silently lost consciousness.

Last edited by Gawain on Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Gawain
Gawain

Number of posts : 376

Back to top Go down

Unbreakable Threads Broken [Invitation only, please] Empty Re: Unbreakable Threads Broken [Invitation only, please]

Post by Beastie Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:50 pm

After receiving the mindlink from his daughter, he had turned and headed for the woods. Good thing about him having a curious and disobedient rabble rousing daughter is that he could now easily follow that furball.

After all, nothing else smelled like the special brew. Taloned feet ripped into the earth, his body bending at the waist, tail raising. This seven foot monster streamlined himself so that the could move faster.

His eyes moving as fast as his body searching for heat trails, his forked tongue working over time right now to taste the air and follow the scent that way. At this moment he looked like a giant Velociraptor. He was a thing of nightmares, but needs must as he was trying to find his friend.

He stopped hard as the scent changed. Two males. Close.. Fighting. One the furball. He sniffed and tasted again, the furball's scent had changed.

He ran on, coming to the spot where he had seen the heat blooms. The trail where the brew's trail ended. Slowly he let his sight go back to normal. This happening just as a figure dematerialized over his friend.

He looked up and saw the shooting star. A good omen in his mind considering all he had been through. That and the fact it was going in the directions of how the Stormbringer got his name. He took it at a sign that his friend was well.

He moved up slowly. Looking at Gawain, noting something was different but he knew not what.

"Gawain," he said softly. Swearing to himself that there would be a reckoning for the one that hurt his friend.

"Furball. Beastie is here. Seems you had a full Dance card and did not invite me. Rather rude you ellg'caress."
Beastie
Beastie

Number of posts : 1596

Back to top Go down

Unbreakable Threads Broken [Invitation only, please] Empty Re: Unbreakable Threads Broken [Invitation only, please]

Post by Gawain Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:28 am

Gawain's eyes snapped open, a wild, feral look within them. A moan escaped him from deep within his chest as he pushed himself into a seated position. "Dre....Light, am I dead already? No....death doesn't hurt this much. A moment, brother. Lung perforated, ribs broken....one of them did the lung. I dunno if anything else is screwed, but repairs are underway." He paused, stretching out to the Source, where it should be, and realized to his horror that it hadn't been a nightmare or a hallucination brought on by the hellacious beating he just took. "Dre.....I'm severed. Usstan fridj vithin harventhus usstan, Dreconis. Elgg ussa!"

With inhuman speed, for what mortal could call Gawain human, Gawain was on his feet, dragging at his belt-knife. "I mean it, Dre. Do it now. I can't live like this. Not like this. Oh Light, Airtia! She knows, she had to have felt it! What the hell am I going to do?!" What began as a strike ended as a half-hearted thump on Dre's chest. Gawain sagged against him, almost out of his mind, and not really caring about much of anything at the moment. He was Severed. He would never know the joy and pain of Saidin again. He slumped, surrendering himself to oblivion's embrace, and lie still at Dre's feet.
Gawain
Gawain

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:58 am

He took a moment to let his him heal, listening to him. Severed? he had to think on that one for a moment. He was still learning Gawain's magicks, but it dawned on him what he meant. He was no longer able to reach the source of his power.

A growl escaped him as he heard him tell him to destroy him. was he actually groveling at his feet? What was he going to do?

He lifted Gawain up and then slapped the hell out of him. Not once but thrice. The sound echoing through the forest. Before each Slap something was said.

"You are not a pup suckling on its mother's teets. No Cauthon I know grovels like a mangy mongrel." SLAP "You forget how fast you have told me these things can be healed. Are you truly that old, senile, and weak that you are acting now like a toothless hound that is all bark" SLAP "You may have forgotten the ways of your Dragon Reborn, but you will remember the words of this Dracon Reborn. You will NOT abandon your children, your wife, you way of life, your friends, or me. The only thing that will ever kill you IS ME" SLAP!!!!

"Dos ph' sieva tlu l' elgluth d'lil ilythiiri? Usstan talinth naut. Fol uss da'urzotrethen dosst t'zarreth lu' t'yin dos elg'car. Gaer zhah natha tah dalninuk. Dos ph' natha kal'daka. Xor zhah nindel alus ulu. Mayoe udos zhal'la ori'gato dos lay a ussta ilhar's talwien ulu ser mina sune." He said this last in drow because he knew it would fire up Gawain. Yep he was using every trick he knew to make a pissed off puppy.

"Now are you going to be yibin lu' cri'n lotha vith'rell Or you going to be a wolf who has been challenged for authority over his pack?"

He stood there and waited to see what Gawain said, sort of already knowing.

(You are suppose to be the scourge of the drow? I think not. Some one kicks your ass and then you whine. There is a hunt brother. You are a wolf. Or is that gone to. Maybe we should let you lay at my mother's feet to keep them warm.)

(weak and crying little f***er)
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:39 pm

Gawain eyed Dreconis curiously, then sucked in a hissing breath as Dre began to berate and strike him. At first, he was shocked, then he began to realize just how pathetic he had sounded, and began to snarl. He had not changed in awhile, had not trusted himself to do so, but he was too angry to care anymore. With the sound of a bedsheet being ripped, Gawain's formed shifted, as did his mind. It was easier now to think. Much easier, now that he had left the weakness trapped in his other form. His eyes shot back to Dre after a few moments, and he growled. "That was effective. Asshole." He snickered then, the sound coming out almost like a sneeze in this form. Wolf faces aren't built for sarcasm.

He stretched, all the while testing the air with his nose. The scent was still strong from the demon, and Gawain knew he would have no problem with tracking him. Dre had mentioned a hunt, and having his authority challenged. He snapped the air between them and growled. "You mentioned hunting? Oh, yes please. I despise demons...the taste is hell to get out of your mouth." Hah, a pun. "Anyway, no, the wolf is still here, and there's a hunt to be done. A dance at the end as well, if we're lucky." He stretched, feeling his muscles bulge, then ease. "Ahh.....feels good to get back to basics."
Gawain
Gawain

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:22 am

He watched Gawain shift. It was good to see the cockiness come back to him. He titled his head and looked at hims as he looked at him and growled. "Your welcome numb nuts"

He smirked at the and let Gawain ramble. Well it was not so much as rambling as yipping. He watched him stretched, knowing what it was like not to use a form for awhile. Of course he would make the odd old joke or dog joke, after all he was Dre. It was good to see that the neutering of this old shaggy mut that was suppose to be a wolf did not happen.

Then as quick as a rattlesnake his voice dropped low, a hand shooting out to grab Gawain by the shoulder, talons digging in a little. His snout right in front of Gawain's. His eyes boring into Gawain's. His voice was low and like ice, it was this way he knew that Gawain knew he meant business.

"Gawain, you are my friend. You are like a brother to me. But if you ever, and I mean ever, ask me to do what you did this day again. I will forget all that and treat you as I would a green skin and make you an apple. I will chalk it up to shock and the situation that you would dishonour me so, but if you ever do that again my brother....." he let the rest trail off knowing he now had made his point.

"If there is a hunt, then let us hunt. If there is a Dance, let us take up the rhythm once more and show those that would stand against fur and scale, tooth and claw, that there is more to us then that meets the eye. "

With that he turned and made his way out through the forest, then stopped and thought for a moment.

"If we hunt, then let me change to the ultimate hunting form."

With that he held up a hand, setting down a small pouch of holding. Within his own self, bones began to crack and break like thunder rolling over an open field. His body elongating and stretching, the ripping of his scales sounding like the ripping of the earth during an earthquake. He grew and grew into a full size dragon. A fine of scales covering the back of his head and down to the tip of his tail. His eyes going a cold blue. Wings ripping forth from his side violently, as he drops to all fours. A roar ripping from him to shake the very skies. (ending up looking like something below)

Unbreakable Threads Broken [Invitation only, please] SciFiFantasyBlacksilverdragonblacks

It was then that once more he began to change. Reverting to his normal self, but yet changed. The sound of battle coming from within him as he changed. Gone now are the blue eyes, replaced with silvery ones. His body still breaking and reforming. The sound of swords hitting shields. Bones being chopped and snapped. From his head grew two massive horns. What was left of his wings seeming to slide up to his head to help his hearing and to catch scents- them helping his balance was an added bonus. His scales took on a blackish-grey color. The rest of his scales forming an armour on his body engraved with draconic runes, naming him as what he is. (ending up looking like something below)

Unbreakable Threads Broken [Invitation only, please] Storm_lizard

Was he pissed? Hell yes and it showed now with his seven foot height being replaced with a tern foot height His taloned feet digging into the earth, with a look and a nod to Gawain foot height. He was then gone, heading back towards the inn where he knew the girls were. His body moving deceptively fast for it's bulk. The Hunt was on and this Scaly was ready. Once more into the Dance he threw himself. Would his spear shatter or would it strike true? Not even one such as he could tell all.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:05 am

Gawain wasn't surprised at the reaction he had gotten from Dreconis. We was, in a way, expecting it. "I will offer my services as gai'shain at a later date, my brother. For now, let us concentrate on the task at hand. That guy practically gift-wrapped my ass and handed it to me. With you here, I feel that we stand a much better chance of getting rid of him. I just hope he hasn't harmed the girls. This was my fault, all of it, and I plan to absolve myself of the guilt I'm feeling. At any rate, they aren't at the Inn. I feel them, which means they are somewhere familiar, but the scent trail goes off this way."

He pointed to the north, away from the Inn itself. Back toward the home he had once shared with Gareth all those years ago. "Madeline told me that she saw the place in her vision, and I have reason to believe that those Avalon...people....have a bad habit of taking credit for things they have not earned. I believe she has the Foretelling. Anyway, the place she saw was a crypt, and I have been asking myself where he would find a crypt. The answer is not one I care for. They're at my family crypt, Dre. Where I laid my brothers Alexander and Gareth to rest. May whatever god he holds dear help him if he's disturbed their rest. I don't know if the wards I set on the crypt are still working since I've lost the ability to touch Saidin, but if they hold, he's in for a nasty surprise. Think very hard on this. What one thing would be a crippling weakness for someone evil enough to defile a crypt? Yes, it's crude, and probably against many laws, but I warded the place with a special form of Compulsion. He will, if my calculations were correct, find himself the unlucky recipient of a conscience. It wouldn't be too bad for you or I, but to someone like that, it would, as I said, be a crippling weakness. And are we too good to use a weakness to our advantage?" He smirked again, clearly relishing the coming confrontation. "I know I'm not."
Gawain
Gawain

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:07 pm

Kyra was unbound and heard all that Maddie had told her but in releasing the bonds the suppressed anger would start bubbling to the surface and cause her skin to become a bright red as if she were burnt by the sun. A bit of a crackling roar in her voice as she spoke to Maddie.

"Don't do anything stupid...at least not until I return with our fathers."

This was said as she stepped through the portal and was within 10 feet behind the father and stared a moment at their backsides as they seemed to be having a conversation of some type. A crackling could be heard behind them as if a piece of wood was being added to a roaring fire. Speaking once again with that same crackling roar in her voice but louder this time.

"I hope you two know where you are going."

She left it at that and at this point a fire started creeping up her legs consuming them. Once they turned they would see the top half as a human body and the lower half as a flame no legs to be seen and the fire was still creeping up her body.

(Picture will come soon...=) )

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:18 pm

He was about to say something about the fact that their girls were back at some starry deer's place, while trying to stop in midrun mind you. When he heard a crackling sound. His nostrils flaring, knowing it sounded like fire and where there was fire there was smoke.

He smelled nothing and that is when he heard the crackling again, but this time it had his daughter's voice. He whirled around blades halfway out of their hilts when he stopped. He looked at his daughter, wide eyed.

He wrapped her up in a huge huge and that was when he felt the burning. What the hell was going on? Was his daughter damned?

He looked at her and found the fire side of her. He sighed as he knew it had to be something Arcadia could explain. How he wished this over so it could be taken care of. But he looked to her and said simply, "Show us and tell us exactly what happened daughter."

He looked to Gawain almost daring him to argue.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:13 am

Gawain, despite his best efforts, tilted his head to one side. That looked rather...uncomfortable. "Hey, Kyra. Uh...did you know that you're on fire? I wouldn't say anything, but you know, it looks kind of uncomfortable." He sniffed the air then, and caught a trace of Madeline on her. "That sounds like a plan. Lead the way. By the by, are you or Maddie injured?" He was, indeed, worried, but now was not the time for sloppy thinking. He was dead-set on finding his daughter and killing this Ahriman before anyone else paid for his mistake. "Listen, Dre, Kyra. I'm sorry for this. If I had just played by the rules, whatever they were, or stayed where I was, this would not have happened. So, my toh is great to you both."

He didn't waste time in promising anything since he really didn't know if he'd be around to pay his debt to them. Instead, he concentrated on the anger he felt, and fed on it. He was ready, and if such a thing was possible, the idiot had better make his peace with his maker now.
Gawain
Gawain

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:56 am

The fire was now to her hand and with a flick of her wrist at Gawain's comments a fire spewed at his feet and nearly hit him. Ok so she couldn't control it completely yet but give her time. Next time her aim will deadly for some one. Still full of rage she spoke with that same voice as before.

"She is in the Cauthon crypt and yes she is hurt but she wants the first dance. Unless it is near here a portal maybe faster. No telling what he will do when he finds we are not bound and I am gone."

With that she started to make a portal about 10 feet from where she thought the crypt was and given her being on fire as Gawain said her magick may not be working the way it should be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:23 am

He looked at Kyra, shocked that she would do something like that and what she was becoming. He thought it had to do with this crypt but still he was being cautious.

~Arcadia~ He sent out over the mind link ~Need you to lock in on me. Something is up with Kyra.~He sent her an image of all that had transpired here in the few minutes. ~When we finally stop please be there. i am worried about our daughter.~

With that he grabbed Kyra's fire arm "Lead. Now." That was all he said and looked to Gawain to make sure he was okay. His own rage starting to build more.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:58 pm

Gawain just stood still, knowing how bad burned fur smelled, and idly wondered what he had done. He growled, mostly at the fire itself, then gave them a look. "Vith! Is everyone trying to kill me today? What, was there a betting pool on how long I'd last this time?" He chuckled, making a joke of his often-revoked state of living. After all, why shouldn't he when everyone else was?

After a few beats, he was off again, getting tired of following. He was usually the one leading these things, and it felt off that he wasn't now. He knew that he had no one to blame but himself for this, since the condition he was in was of his own doing, mostly facilitated by pride. He would remain calm this time, and would not give in to blind action. Not yet...not before he was sure there was no other choice.
Gawain
Gawain

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:43 pm

The hissing and crackling sound grew louder and the heat radiating off of her now was even more intense. The daddies would both notice that the only visible part that would let them know the flames was someone was there was a face in the flames. Stepping through the portal Kyra looked around seeing that they were not near the crypt at all, in fact they were about a mile away from it. She waited on the other side of the portal watching to see if they would come through or not.

A picture of what Kyra appears to be at the moment -
Unbreakable Threads Broken [Invitation only, please] Kyra_f10

Last edited by Kyra on Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:48 pm

Arcadia had received Dre's mind link and did not even bother answering it. She did as he requested and as soon as she could find him and Kyra she locked in on them and opened a portal to the same area that Kyra had landed out of the portal. Seeing the flames she could not help but smirk and think it was about time that her daughter tapped into that talent. Being sure to steer clear a little bit of the flames she spoke.

::Hello my daughter.::

She waited to see if Dre was going to come through that portal as she expected he would.

Last edited by Arcadia Nyght on Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:28 am

He looked at Gawain and smirked, "Of course we are all trying to kill you, it is how we have fun you douche. Besides the betting pool has you losing to me."

A smirk n his scaly face as he looked at his daughter. Well he new she was hot, but this went a little far. He also though of all the metal he could have stoking in the heat she put off.

He looked up and saw Arcadia, he motioned her to take Kyra. "Maddie is in trouble and so is Furball." He did not look as he did so he made sure she saw him in her mind as he normally was.

"Our daughter seems to be having a hot time right now, and I rather not have a burning sensation. The fire extinguisher is in the house, but I thought you might be able to get Miss Major PMS here under control."

He smiled at her and left it at that. Blowing a kiss to his daughter and sending her a mind link ~ I love you. Take care of your mother. Just in case.~. To Arcadia he sent ~ I am glad she got your looks and talent. watch her for the shadow form, she has gotten good at it. Sometimes it does pay to get rip roaring drunk. Besides can you still dot hat trick with your tongue? Take care of her~ He left it at that and was smiling, he headed off after smacking Furball in the head. "Let's see to my niece douche."
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:09 pm

Arcadia saw what he wanted her to see but she also so what he has become and she smiled to him. Speaking softly and encouraging as she looked between the group.

::She will be fine once she harnesses this new found power. Just need to get her to calm down first and I will help with that if she will let me.::

She listened to what he said in her mind and could not help but laugh a little and spoke back to only his mind.

~You will have to come home and find out if I can still do that trick with my tongue. Thank you for your words and please be safe. I need you to come back safe. Not just for Kyra but for me too.~

She hoped he would keep safe and she kept her secret about Lydia for now. He did not need the added worry not right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:19 pm

The flames roared as she heard his words and a spark of fire landed near him. Hearing her mother she wasn't ready to calm down she was starting to like being this way. It was intoxicating and her anger was fueling the fire within her. Kyra sensed her mother was keeping something from them and she would find out about it soon enough even if she had to fight for the information. The flames died down a little bit hearing her father's words and the little girl in her screamed out in his mind.

~Please don't go. We need you here. I love you and I know she does too.~

She knew that he would still go so she spoke again in his mind almost having a temper tantrum.

~If you have to go them promise me that you will come back to us.~

The fire crackled and roared as he headed off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:34 am

It would sound as if Gawain were sneezing, locked in this wolfy form of his, but upon closer inspection, one would find that he was laughing. Sort of. "Dre, bro, you might wanna tell Arcadia that for some reason I could hear that, and boy-oh-boy do I hope she's talking about ice cream." Another seeming sneezing fit from Gawain as he shuffled his feet. "Well, what do you say? Let's go make something good and dead. Just one thing, though?"

He grew serious, upper lip lifting to show fangs. "Look. We've been through some sh-t together. You're going to make it back, I swear it. One thing I need from you, though. Give me first crack at the son of a whore. I know he's done something to Madeline, and that means I owe him. I aim to pay that debt....and then some. If I make it back from this, maybe I can finally start looking into what Xavier was talking about. Something about a starry buck, a flyer, and someone hunting my kind. I dunno about the first part, but I can tell you this: people should remember not to hunt what they can't kill."

He paused, then, feeling slightly silly, added one more thing. "Present company excluded. Ya know, for some reason, I feel like someone has it in for me. Eh, whatever. Keeps me on my toes. Now, about that killing something. Ya game?"
Gawain
Gawain

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:15 am

He looked at Arcadia nodding, he had to chuckle at what Gawain said and knew Arcadia would hear him as well. His eyes shot to the flame and he could not help but smile as he heard his daughter. He moved up to her and held her, feeling the flames scorching him.

"I know you know I have to go. Maddie is like family to me as well. But I also know that you know Gawain here would do the same if it were you and Maddie would be telling him to stay. You just be ready to show me how you control things when i get back eh?"

He looked to Gawain and said simply nodded to his request. He said, "Ulu tah zhah ulu al'doer elghinn. Ulu dro'xun al'doeren Dro. Nin nindel zhah l' uyl'udith d' jal tahen."

With that he headed off in the direction they were suppose to. Becoming emotionless and focusing on the Dance ahead.....
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:07 pm

Arcadia had heard what Gawain had said and just shook her head. Once the men were off to find Madeline she turned to her daughter. A soft sigh came from her as she spoke.

::You and I need to talk. There is more to why you are just now learning this and how it came out than you are telling me. Come talk to me.::

Sitting on the ground she patted near her but not close enough to get burned from the fire that was her daughter. She would sit there and listen to whatever Kyra felt she needed to tell her.

Kyra and Arcadia had been talking trying to get Kyra to calm down. After a little while Arcadia finally got her to calm down enough for the flames to slowly leave her and return her to the form she was in before she went into the rage. Being back to some what normal Kyra looked up at Arcadia with tears in her eyes and hugged her tightly whispering.

"I'm sorry, I wish I would have told you all of that sooner and not let it surface like that."

She just hugged her mother and cried. The only ones to know what the conversation would be them. Arcadia would promise her daughter that much.

Arcadia held onto her daughter and petted her hair. Taking a deep breathe she was going to ask her daughter to do something very important and prayed she did not go into a rage again over this.

::Kyra, I need you to go back to your house and watch someone for me until I get back. You have a sister and a brother from another relationship I was in and the man took them from me when he left. Now the little girl found me and she is at your house. Please go be with her and keep her safe until I get there. And please be nice to her. I am going to go check on the others and see if I can help in anyway.::

She kissed her daughters forehead and still silently prayed she understood and would not hate her over this.

Kyra nodded in shock not sure what to say to all of this and could feel the anger welling up again but she was learning more now how to control that. Both of them standing up she hugged her mom again and spoke before she stepped through the portal that she was making.

"Be safe and bring them all home alive. I think dad will want to meet our house guest. I will keep her safe I promise."

With that she smiled softly to her mom and waved stepping through the portal to just outside of the house.

OOC Note: This thread is finished. But if interested there is some action still going on in the Abandon Hope thread. =)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down