Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Abandon Hope [Invite, please]

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Abandon Hope [Invite, please] Empty Abandon Hope [Invite, please]

Post by Ahriman Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:29 am

Ahriman savored these moments. He had gone by many names over the centuries, and while the name he was known by at the moment was, once again, not his true name, it served the purpose. Ahriman. He stifled a laugh at the fragile nature of the human psyche. They had to have a name for everything, especially those things which caused their hearts to pound in terror. The terror was one of his favorite portions, though. When a mortal was terrified, they showed their true nature. Nothing was more delicious than irony through pain, be it physical or emotional.

His revelry was interrupted by a return to the present. He was standing quite still, admiring the carvings of this, one of the more sacrosanct locations: the Cauthon family mausoleum. The irony, again, did not escape him. The two children he had taken would ensure the Cauthon boy's arrival, and it seemed to Ahriman that he had been given a rather wonderful gift. It seemed that the doe-eyed one had a father of great power as well. Their power combined was insignificant to one such as Ahriman, however. He was not worried in the least. He was, of course, setting in motion a chain of events, and orchestrating this entire endeavor, but in truth, it was merely to dehumanize the lot of them, and to maximize the amount of distress and turmoil he could inflict upon their brief lives.

Finally, his gaze came to rest upon the other of the two he held captive. The Cauthon girl had her father's lack of charm, and apparently his iron-headed defiant streak. It would not avail her, however. She was a tool, nothing more. A means to an end. A means to Gawain's end. He would savor that sweetest of fruits, vengeance. But first, he would make sure that the fool boy suffered. Already he had stopped just short of destroying him, and although he disliked getting his hands dirty, there was something indefinably right about it. Taking away the very thing that a mortal relies on usually cripples them, and since the Cauthon boy relied so often on beating problems until they went away, it pleased him a great deal to show him just how powerless he was in Ahriman's game.

A few steps propelled him to within arm's reach of the Cauthon stripling. He took a handful of her hair and lifted her gaze to meet his. "Do not worry, child. I will not kill you. Not yet, that is. You are a useful tool to me, and an artisan does not discard a tool until it has outlived it's usefulness. You are quite remarkable, however. I do not know the doe-eyed one's name, but I expected both of you to react like most mortal female-children do, and scream as if someone were boiling your liver. I suppose you would make your father proud, at any rate. Not that it matters one whit. His soul is forfeit, and belongs to me. Too long has he denied me of what is mine, but I should thank him before I drag him back to my realm with me. He has forced me to become creative. Maybe I will go easier on him for that." He stopped, and gave Madeline the best effort he could manage at a surprised look. "No, you know what? I think that, maybe, I will just kill him slowly, and by the inch. I do so love irony." He laughed, and one could not help but notice the fact that his voice and mannerisms were not profoundly evil. In fact, he sounded like a person of refinement and sophistication.

As an afterthought, Ahriman turned as he let Madeline's head drop. He needed to pay a visit to the other youngling, the doe-eyed brunette. "Oh, little one. How unfortunate that you chose to be with the spawn of the Cauthon boy today. I would almost consider letting you go, but since you were so very...wordy....regarding my tender mercies earlier, I should reinforce something in your small, mortal mind. You have no hope of getting out of this, but know that, if you choose to behave yourself, I may release you. Even so, I cannot run the risk of having you distract me from my thoughts. Silens vox vocis." The words of power would sink into her, causing her to not be able to utter a sound no matter how hard she tried to scream. She would simply find herself without a voice. He chuckled softly, plucking at his robe a tad to adjust it. After all, even if you planned wholesale murder, it was a good thing to look your best while doing the deed.

Last edited by Ahriman on Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Ahriman
Ahriman

Number of posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Abandon Hope [Invite, please] Empty Re: Abandon Hope [Invite, please]

Post by Madeline Cauthon Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:56 am

Madeline looked around the crypt he had taken her and Kyra to. While she hadn't been there before, she recognized the names on the plaques. She was in the Cauthon mausoleum. Seeing Garreth's made her heart sink.

Madeline scrunched her face as he pulled her up by the hair. His eyes were cold, and evil. Pure Evil. Child! He actually had the nerve to call her a child.

First thing Madeline did was spit in Ahriman's face. "Unbind me douche-muffin, and I'll show you that I don't need magic to kick your ass. You're not getting his soul today, or any one else's for that matter."

Madeline's mouth formed a smirk. "Besides, what makes you think he'll come. He barely knows me or has been around me. As far as he is concerned I could be some random person on the street. I bet he doesn't even known I'm gone, let alone care! So go ahead tell him, use me as bait, I don't care. The end will still be the same. He wont come. Sorry you lose."

She grunted when he let her go. She listened as he talked to Kyra. She knew the spell he was doing and it made her more angry. Yet she kept her cool. Come hell or high water, she was not going to let this demon to hurt anyone she loved.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Number of posts : 1173

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:55 pm

Where ever they were she was clueless to it as she had never seen one of these before. Looking around until he started toward them and reached for Maddie and then to her. She had never heard the spell before but some how knew it couldn't be good. She tried to say something but nothing came out. What the hell.....he bound her and muted her this did not give her a good feeling of how this was going to turn out but she held tight to her father finding her and Maddie. Kyra also prayed that Maddie was bluffing that her father wouldn't come for her. Her fear was still there but slowly it was turning to anger very slowly like a trickle of water the longer they are there eventually the bucket will fill and have to be spilled.

Back to top Go down

Abandon Hope [Invite, please] Empty Abandon Hope [Invitation, please]

Post by Ahriman Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:33 am

The blow could have been heard outside the stone walls quite easily. Ahriman contemplated this while he wiped his hand clean with a linen cloth, curious as to what the sensation was that had caused him to strike out so. It was not in his nature, but the proof was right there, bound before him and clearly dazed. Madeline had spoken, sounding much like her father, that accursed Cauthon child, and it had infuriated him. Why?

The shock of realization was another new feeling for him. He strode over to her, lifting her head to examine her face. A split lip, broken nose, and a chipped tooth were the only evidence he had even been there. While he was curious as to why he had done this thing, he would not inquire as to her condition. The very idea was an alien one to him. Why did he care, of a sudden? Was it an outside influence? Was it...? No, he thought. This is due to the fact that I have been too long in this, the world of those accursed oath-breaking humans. He did not hate them as a whole, just the fact that they had such a great arrogance as to think themselves the masters of their own fates, and that the world was their playground to bring to ruination if they so chose.

Arrogance.

There was yet another word to which he knew the definition, but was unaccustomed to feeling. He marveled at the strength of his arms, his legs, and the feeling of the pure, focused power given to him at the beginning of his reign. He could destroy this entire place, the inn as well, everything in his path, but he chose not to. Why? Did he feel compassion? No. No! He would [i]not[/] allow himself to be tainted by this world and it's inhabitants! He turned away from both of the insects he held captive, unworthy to be in his presence though they were, and sat down on the large stone crypt marked 'Gareth'. Something was missing. What? He would ponder this for another moment or two before rising and walking to the entrance. One word came from his lips before he walked outside. "Constantia." Their bonds, which had, up until now, been unseen, solidified into stone. "Know, insects, that you are mine until I choose to release you. If that day comes." He stepped outside then, and began to laugh. Deeply, with the rumble of the bass tone that his voice held. He had no idea why he laughed, but it felt good.

Last edited by Ahriman on Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Ahriman
Ahriman

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:14 am

Madeline dazed from the blow, laid there for a moment or two trying to count the stars she saw circling her head. Her face hurt bad. She knew her nose was broke, and that she was bleeding from her mouth. She let out a small grunt, trying to hold in the scream she wanted to let out. Come on Maddie, pull yourself together. You're name is not Marsha Freakin Brady. You are a Cauthon, start acting like one. She thought to herself.

Madeline glared, she knew better to say much more, or she would end up gagged liked Kyra. Still the look she was giving him spoke volumes. You may have the upper hand now, but we will win this!!

When he stepped outside, Madeline spoke softly to Kyra. "Don't worry Kyra, we will make it out of this. I love you, just hold on a little while longer."

With that, Madeline gave into her own pain and passed out.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:20 pm

If she could make a noise she would have probably screamed out for Maddie to wake up but her eyes said it all and if anyone were watching that would be worse than her screaming. Tears didn't stream down her face though...was she out of them or just being stubborn now. Something was happening though but only time would tell what that something was. Kyra closed her eyes trying hoping that if she did that long enough this nightmare would be over with. She didn't stay like that long and opened her eyes to only find that she was still in hell at least it was hell to her at this given moment. She thought this might be like washing your hair that you had to repeat the process and rinse it out and do it all over again so that is what she did.

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:24 am

While Madeline was unconscious, she entered a dream state. She saw herself as a little girl again. Sitting outside, in the backyard, in her old sandbox. It was the house Gawain and Schala had in the Society. Madeline saw herself trying to break something with a toy hammer when a familiar person walked up behind her.

"Hey, Mads! What ya doing?" her favorite uncle asked her.

"Hey Uncle Gareth! I'm trying to break this here block with this here hammer. But it doesn't want to break. What am I doing wrong Uncle, can you help me, plllleeaasssee? I'll give ya a kiss!" Madeline felt a warm twinge in her heart, seeing her Uncle again sane and happy.

"Break the block?" He smiled, reaching for the toy hammer with a gloved hand. "You're going about it all wrong, Mads. Let me show you." He put the hammer down beside her as he stooped, still smiling. The smile faded, and he began to concentrate, placing the same hand atop the block and frowning at it. "Tough block, kiddo. The thing you have to remember is that it...none of it...was your fault. You are not an evil creature, or anything else that woman told you that you were. You're a child of light, Mads, and don't ever let anyone tell you different." He smiled, pointing to the block. It had cleaved in two pieces, allowing the sand to flow out of it in every direction. "One more thing, kiddo. Those folks at Avalon lied to you. They aren't responsible for your visions, the Source is. You have the Foretelling, and pretty strongly, if I'm any judge." He reached for her hand, smiling fondly. "Love ya, Mads. Now. Your Dad needs you. Go back." He gave her a playful push, and she felt herself falling, falling...

Back. She was back. Oh Light, she thought, I never knew it could be like this! The power flowed into her, through her, connecting her to everything in a way she had never dreamed of. So this it what it feels like, she thought dreamily. Tears fell down her cheeks as she channeled unhindered. She was free! Sniffling, she thought of Gareth, of his smiling face, and she sobbed. Thank you, Uncle Gareth. Thank you.....

She looked around to make sure their captor was outside. Quietly she whispered, "Universitas silentium." This would ensure the demon outside would not her next feat. Madeline gathered as much of the Source as she could possibly get a hold of. It really felt good to be able to channel and not get a splitting headache. She began to weave a fine threads of Earth that would make their way between her body and the solid bonds that held her then make its way over to Kyra and do the same. Once the weaves were set, they began to expand, finally reaching the breaking point of the unyielding stone that bound them. Once her bond broke, she lifted one finger to her mouth to indicate to Kyra to keep quiet. Madeline whispered again, "Signum solvo." This would release Kyra of her bond.

She gave Kyra a big hug, whispering in her ear. "Okay here's the deal. I'm going to open a gateway to where our Dads are. I want you to tell them that we are at the Cauthon family crypt and for them to hurry."

Madeline closed her eyes and expanded her senses. She should be able to feel one or both of their fathers, especially if they were on their way and were expecting a fight. Knowing them, they would be powered up as much as possible, so it should be easy to locate them. After a few moments, she opened her eyes, smiling. Weaving the appropriate threads, she opened a Gateway close to where they were. She nodded to Kyra as she started to step through the gateway. "Oh Kyra, one more thing. Tell them I get the first dance." As soon as Kyra ducked through the gateway, she released the weaves.

Madeline grinned as she stepped through the doorway of the crypt. "Oh Mr. Douche-Muffin......"

(Universitas silentium.=universal silence.. Signum solvo= seal release))
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ahriman Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:39 am

Ahriman stood, perplexed at what his eyes were seeing, yet should not be seeing. He had made sure that the method he used to bind the two children had been flawless. Yet, something still had allowed them to escape. He narrowed his eyes, obsidian gaze leveling on her with unbound malice. "You have escaped, mortal. This is not a wise thing for you to have done." It dawned on him then that he had solidified their bindings before he had walked out of the crypt, and this caused him a moment of confusion. He waved a clawed hand angrily, showing his teeth as he spat the words at her. "You will die now, infant. You will die slowly, and with the knowledge that had you stayed put, you would have been safe, after a fashion."

The air around him seemed to expand and shimmer. He was gone in the blink of an eye with the sound of an explosion marking his passing through the mortal realm's sound barrier. His feet stopped when he was just in front of her, and he thrust his foot out into her back. She would then go tumbling away from him and back into the crypt, crashing heavily into the back wall of the structure. With a malicious smile, he followed her inside, intent on killing her this time. That was the error he had made, he told himself. He would kill her, and then Gawain, along with anyone else the fool child brought against him.

His steps carried him into the crypt, stopping just inside the door. "A question for you before you die, infant. What exactly is this 'douche muffin' you insist on naming me? It matters not, but I would know before I end you. Don't feel as if you have won anything, my dear. This has only begun, and I have yet to unleash my true power. What you have seen thus far is nothing. This...is nothing. As are you." He relished this, the final moments of a mortal's life. The cold realization, the anger, the weeping, and finally, the resignation to their fate. She would break, and when she did, he would have her soul. This was the most delicious irony of all. He would have her and Gawain as well, serving him side by side, forever, in his domain. This thought made him laugh. The eerie sound echoed off of the stone walls as he continued to laugh, his feet starting to carry him toward her once more.
Ahriman
Ahriman

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:26 am

Madeline hit the wall hard. She winced at the pain, but made no sound. She looked up to make sure the wall was okay. She didn't want this fight to desecrate the crypt. She needed to get him outside and fast. Madeline quickly formed an air weave that would form into a kind of fist, hitting Ahriman in the gut, sending him flying out of the crypt. If her aim was right, he would hit the old oak tree in the far end of the cemetery.

Once he was out Madeline stood up slowly. Hang on girl, Kyra should have found Dad and Dre by now. Should be just a matter of time before they get here. Holding on to her back, she walked outside the crypt over to another monument and leaned on it grinning. "Yes I escaped, cool trick huh Douche-Muffin. Sorry I don't plan on dying today. You see I did that once, kind of had my fill."

She then remembered he had asked her what a douche-muffin was. She had to think on that for a bit. Well not really, she just liked toying with the guy. She crossed her arms, and put a finger to the side of her face. Madeline snapped her fingers as to indicate she had remembered the definition. "A douche-Imuffin is...you. it's what you are, how you'll die. And believe me you will die this day. See like my father I'm not one for your ridiculous rules."

Madeline picked up a glob of wet dirt that was at her feet and threw it at him. "Go ahead and do your worst. In the end it wont matter. Because you'll be dead, and I'll have my family, including my father."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ahriman Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:38 am

Ahriman growled at the sight that lay before him. The Cauthon worm, free, and striking at him? Worse yet, she had done him physical harm? In his many years as Lord of his circle, this had never happened before! What was wrong with him? The realization caused a new sensation to settle on him.

Fear.

The Cauthon boy...Gawain...had somehow done this. He had laid a trap for him somehow. The moment he had entered that crypt, he had become mired in human emotions, desires, and yes, fears. How he had done it was a mystery, but it would not avail him. When he spoke, the words were laced with power, true power that comes from millenia of mastery.

"You will cease at your pitiful attempts to cause me harm, mortal. You will also cease calling me a feminine hygiene product. I have no idea what sort of nonsense goes on in the empty space between your ears, but I am NOT any sort of cleanser!" The insult had angered him more than it should have, which fueled his anger even more. He wiped at the filth that had struck him on the lapel and glared at her. "You ruined a perfectly good robe, stripling. I will see you broken for this." His form blurred as he spoke this last bit, and her hair and clothing would ripple as he came to rest beside her, grasping her right arm. "I find it best to punish the offending appendage first. You will understand one day, mortal, if I suffer you to live that long. Smile pretty, child."

As soon as he had spoken, he pulled Madeline's arm upward, placing his own forearm in the crook of her elbow. With an upward snatch, he bent her arm much farther than it was meant to be flexed, not to mention in the wrong direction. The result would be a clean break, but the sensation would be anything but clean or refreshing. After all, was he not here to cause as much pain as possible to the Cauthon brat and his spawn? He smiled, relishing that thought, and threw her bodily away from him like a discarded doll.

Right into the path of her father.
Ahriman
Ahriman

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:29 am

He looked to Gawain and said simply nodded to his request. He said, "Ulu tah zhah ulu al'doer elghinn. Ulu dro'xun al'doeren Dro. Nin nindel zhah l' uyl'udith d' jal tahen."

With that he headed off in the direction they were suppose to. Becoming emotionless and focusing on the Dance ahead....

He could tell a difference in Gawain. He was worried, like a father should be, but it was more then that to. Maybe it was being cut off from his Source. If that was the case he knew his friend could pick up the magicks of RhyDin easily.

He had to say something. "Gawain," he said. "Forget about the suppose plots and all that.. Focus on this Dance. You are a Moon Beast first. No more fighting like a Kine. It is time to show this vither what an animal does."

They moved on with a sure stride and arrived just in time to see Maddie land at there feet. He looked up and smirked saying "Now that is one ugly douche. Maddie I so have to teach you taste in boyfriends. You can not date things uglier then your father."

He looked at Gawain and nodded. "Dance well Brother, I will see what I can do for Maddie. Your spear breaks I am coming in and you will be beside her."
Beastie
Beastie

Number of posts : 1596

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:19 pm

Madeline fought back the tears and the scream when the bastard broke her arm. When he threw her she landed on her back, and hit her head on the ground. Instead of seeing stars, this time she saw a bunch of little beasties and wolves circling her head. She shook her head realizing, it was in fact her father and Dre. She grunted trying to pull herself into a sitting position. She couldn't help but chuckle at Dre. "Well Dre when you two are always late for a dance.. I had to find someone to dance with. Kidding aside is Kyra okay? I did what I could to protect her..us. I'm sorry I couldn't do more. The bastard is strong, real strong."

Madeline took her dad by his furry wolf head and gave him a hug. "I'm glad you're alive, and I'm sorry I couldn't do more. Now I want you to do me a favor."

She let go of the hug and looked into her father's eyes and gave him a wink. "Kill him Daddy!"

Madeline, feeling weak, laid back on the ground and held her arm. "Oh one more thing Dad, he hates to be called douche-muffin."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:28 pm

He looked to Maddie and nodded. "She is well. Well if you call a being a walking forest fire and such."

He looked to Gawain and said simply, "Draeval ulu Lil'alure.Inbau ukta Kal'daka. Usstan inbal ilta. Drill ajak dos inbal abbilen lu' fuma ghil. Xun naut vithing gotfrer nindel, Usstan xun ssinssrin natha lil'alure xuil nindol vithing ellg'caress d' natha douche muffin."
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:16 pm

Gawain tried to respond, but the words would not come. He saw his daughter lying there, bruised and near-broken, heard her words, and held them deep in his heart. Stuffing them down deep, he released a side of him few had seen, and none had lived to tell of. He seemed to grow, the sound of tearing tissue resounding from the stillness of the area. When it was all done, he was, quite literally, huge. None of the spark of humanity remained, only the beast. He had finally allowed himself the luxury of the berserker. Shrugging off the last vestiges of the weak and emotional human, he proceeded on four feet, leaping at one-hundred meters to intercept the demonic creature with claws and fangs flying. The force with which he hit this Ahriman was close to the same force with which one would be struck if they stood in the path of an oncoming bus. He was no longer rational, no longer remotely human. He was what he was meant to be. A living, breathing, walking weapon.

Damn, it felt good.
Gawain
Gawain

Number of posts : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:11 pm

While Gawain went on the attack, Madeline tried to sit back up again. Holding her breath at the pain in her back as she did. She watched her father, it never ceased to amaze her just how strong he was when he was good and pissed. While she watched her father, she explained to Dre what had happened. "I'm sorry Dre, I know you told us to stay still. We were outside the coffee house when that thing showed up. I had a barrier up for our protection, but he broke through it. When he did, the weaves I had placed hit me and stunned me for a moment. It was enough time though for him to put a full body binding spell on us both. Otherwise I think we could have escaped. I've never felt anything so powerful or so evil before Dre. Uncle Garreth at his worst is nothing compared to that demon. I'm not even sure Balefire will kill him."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ahriman Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:16 am

How is this possible?

That was the only thought on Ahriman's mind as the Cauthon whelp continued to batter him. He couldn't find a way to counter the wild and ferocious attacks perpetrated on him by the newly-bestial Gawain. It was all he could do to try and block some of the more potent attacks, waiting for an opening in which to attack. The spawn, Madeline, mentioned Balefire, but he knew he was safe. He was there when the fool burned himself out, so he had nothing to worry about there. Best to focus on the present task, which was dispatching this beast.

Ahriman was bleeding, his robe hanging in tatters upon his form, and looking weakened. Gawain's mind, in it's current state, knew this, and pressed the attack. Teeth closed on the demon's throat, and even though he knew demons did not make good food, he knew this must be done. With a snap and a crack, his teeth clicked together, having closed and rent the demon's head from his body. With a jerk and snatch of his head, he sent the demon's head flying, seeing it come to rest a few meters away. His muzzle pointed to the sky, Gawain let loose a howl of triumph. He had won.

Ahriman knew that Gawain would feel triumphant. He counted on it, actually. However, that had hurt! As his head came to a stop, it would seem to roll of it's own accord, facing the lot of them with a sneer. "You think you've won?! You think I am done? You. Know. NOTHING!" Black flames licked up around the body and the head, joining them in a fiery display and growing in intensity. When the scene cleared, Ahriman was changed. His form had grown more bestial, with boney protuberances resembling horns jutting out from every vertebra and along his head, ending in two sharp and curved horns atop his head. "You have managed to do one thing, though, you pitiful insect. You have PISSED ME OFF." Ahriman moved then, speeding up to well past the speed of sound, accompanied by the obligatory sonic boom, coming to a stop very, very close to Gawain. A hand streaked out, forming a knife-edge chop aimed for Gawain's solar plexus. The effect would be catastrophic, causing the beast's breath to leave him in a rush and crushing his sternum. Ahriman smiled...this was, indeed, what the mortals seemed to call "fun".

Gawain tumbled to the ground, spent. He had given it his best, and had come up lacking. He knew his time was done, that Ahriman would have his prize, and likely more than just him. The only comfort was that he couldn't take his soul. That was safely hidden where no one in this world, let alone the next, would find it. This brought the semblance of a smile to his lips. Denying the bastard his most sought-after prize made the ebbing moments of his life worthwhile. He thought it was funny, that it would end like this. After everything, he would die truly, with no loophole to hop out of, without seeing his true goal through. Let others worry over that, though. He had accomplished enough. Time to rest.....yes, it was time. The sky had begun to grow dark, but Gawain knew it was not close enough to sunset for that. He knew why it was darkening. He closed his eyes, a smile still on his lips. Rest sounded good after the life he had lived for so long.
Ahriman
Ahriman

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:21 pm

he sat there looking at Maddie and listening. It served two reasons; one it calmed her and two, he was getting great information. Balefire would not work. Well they always said ti was good to have extra tricks up your sleeve.

He heard the thing yell that it was pissed off and saw Gawain crumple into a pile. He sat there for a moment. There was such a good market right now for wolf pelts and even a mangy one like Gawain's would do wonders for his purse. Plus he would win the betting pool as being the one to take out Gawain.

He shook his head and stood up. Enough was enough. This ended now.

He walked slowly looking at this thing. His voice was as cold as ice, "Maddie get your father. Now!" Heat waves began to shimmer around him, clouds rolling in and lighting flashing like strobe lights.

His voice was still an even and cold as he spoke. "Hey you! You are one ugly son of a gun. You have to be Lloth's personal douche muffin. Who the vith do you think you are. Showing up here with some corn cob stuck up your arse. You act worse then my birth mother. Then you go an attack my best friend. Big Mistake. Then you mess with one I consider my niece. Bigger Mistake. You even vithed with my daughter, you sorry sack of troll dung. THAT was your biggest mistake."

The temperature kept rising as he spoke. Plants began to catch aflame, and stone began sizzling. There was a soft POP as he entered stood at the entrance to the crypt. He looked at the butt ugly retching pile of vulture vomit and open his mouth, his jaw unhinging. With a wink a whoosh was heard as gas from within him was forced out of him. As it hit the superheated air, it was immediately ignited. At the same time lighting flashed in the sky, he directed it to strike the gout of Dragon's Fire. Watching as the two entwined and filled the crypt.

Now this guy would know a fight, for not only was he facing someone who was not weakened by a previous battle, taken by surprised, or who might know who or what he was or what he wanted. Now he faced the Beastie and this vithing ellg'caress of a douche muffin would know he was in for a Dance now.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:22 pm

Madeline's heart wrenched as she saw him beaten so badly. Why would anyone want to hurt him so much? When Dre stood up, Maddie saw something she hadn't seen in a good long time, Dre good and vithing pissed. Madeline nodded at his orders. Not really able to move, she used magic to bring Gawain's almost lifeless body to her. "Adeo mihi."

Now that Gawain was with her she concentrated on getting her father to come to. She gently petted his fur. "Come on, Dad, wake up. Please, Daddy, I need you! You promised not to leave again, so don't..not like this!" She laid her head on his and whispered. "I can fix this Daddy, you don't have to stay like this. I know the weaves to reverse the gentling, but I can't fix you if you don't wake up. You're a Cauthon, for light's sake! Haven't you always taught me we don't die simply because people want us to?!"

Madleine started to shake her father a little. "DADDY PLEASE!! WE NEED YOU! I do, Xavier does, hell I bet even De'Ryanna does! WAKE UP!" Madeline laid her head on Gawain's body and sobbed, hoping that something she said would work. She didn't have much time.

Last edited by Madeline Cauthon on Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:43 pm

Arcadia watched her daughter go through the portal and waited until it closed to make sure nothing came back this way or tried to go in after her. Once it was closed she quickly made her way to where Dre and Gawain had been heading off to. She made it in time to see Madeline shaking her father a little and yelling at him to wake up. Kneeling next to her she tried to talk as calmly as she could to her.

::That will not help right now. You have to stay calm. What can I do to help?::

She waited to see if there was something that she could help with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:37 pm

Madeline took a breath and calmed down. Arcadia was right, she did need to calm down. Madeline also realized what she needed to do to help her father."Yes there is something you could do, Arcadia. Pray that this works."

With that being said, Madeline picked up one of Gawain's paws and closed her eyes. Surrendering herself completely to the One Power, letting saidar feel her completely. Finally filled with full saidar, she guided the flow of it into the first cut on Gawain she could find. Once the flows were inside Gawain, she needed to look for something like a cut, considering how big Gawain was it would take time, hopefully not that much. Come on Dad, stay with me just a little longer. Then like that she found what she was looking for, the cut, the place where Gawain had been severed from the One Power. Using Fire, Spirit, Air and Water, Madeline created a strong bridge in the gap between the Source and Gawain. Finally the bridge looked looked no longer like a bridge, but like something natural that was suppose to be there. Satisfied, she tied off all the weaves, and withdrew saidar. Gawain was finally restored back to the source.

Madeline leaned down and kissed her father. "Wake up Dad, you're missing out on all the fun."

Madeline laid back, and clenched her broken arm. "Arcadia, can you set this, I can't take too much more pain."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:02 pm

"Grrrrreat." Gawain's voice was laced with the accent of too many teeth and no patience. "I ask for heaven, and I get Cleveland." He looked over to Madeline, sniffing at her, seeking her hurt. "Arm. Damn, girl, you get your ass kicked as well as I do. That's a birthright, by the way. We can get the sh-t kicked out of us and still look hot doing it." Snuffle-snuffle. Dammit, can't laugh very well in this form. He shrugged, allowing the shift to happen, then sat up, fully human. Well, as human as he was allowing himself to become anymore. Too much vanilla spoils the sundae.

He was halfway to his feet when he decided on a course of action, dropping back to his haunches...well, squatting is the human equivalent, so we'll go with that. He looked over to Dre, who was fighting Ahriman, who he would be killing shortly, and nodded. Then, back to Madeline. "Lemme see the arm, kid. Don't worry, won't hurt for too long." He tilted his head and waited, all the while flexing his reconnection to the Source and feeling jubilant. Upside, he was back, and wasn't going any-damn-where. Downside? There's gonna be a few that would wish he had.

~I know you can hear me, kid, so don't say anything. Thanks for what you did. Wish you could restore my credibility, since I was whining like yer puppy there for a bit. I lied, too. It'll hurt like hell, but your arm will be better almost instantly. So, let's fix it and watch the fight. My turn'll be coming up real soon.~
Gawain
Gawain

Number of posts : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:14 pm

Madeline gave a big sigh of relief when Gawain came to. She almost blushed at the compliment. "Thanks Dad, glad to have you back."

It was then he mentioned her arm. "No Dad it's okay. Arcadia was about to...ow!!

He'd probably laugh at her, for all the punishment she took at Ahriman and didn't say a word, she yelped at him fixing her arm. She gave her father a hug. ~You're welcome Dad I' just glad I could help. As far as your street cred goes, it'll work out fine. Light, will you drop it, I got bouncy with him once, thats it. ~

Madeline grinned at the thought of watching the fight with her dad and Arcadia. So she poofed three bags of popcorn. One for Arcadia, one for Gawain, and one for herself. She gave Gawain his popcorn, and offered a bag to Arcadia. "Popcorn Arcadia?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:39 pm

Arcadia had started to do as she was asked but Gawain had awaken and healed Madeline's arm himself. Seeing how she was not needed she stood and stepped away from the situation letting them have their time together. Standing idly by was not her strong suit but she knew if she tried to get in the way she would have hell to pay with Dre later. Arcadia walked away from it all about 5 feet to pace, worry and waited for the time she would be needed to help. Hearing Madeline she looked up and simply shook her head to her not saying a word.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ahriman Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:10 pm

More pain. This new entry was causing him a lot of pain, not to mention a lot of patience. "I grow tired of your banter, dracon, as well as your attempts at defeating me. It will take more than fire to destroy me, fool. I was born of this!" He had never needed to bluff before, and it caused him discomfort to have to do so now. He could not shrug off the effects of the dragon fire, so he dropped and rolled away, seeking to find his feet and press an attack. To his surprise, this did not alleviate the burden, so he charged, moving at the speed of striking lightning to the dracon, where he would lash out roughly with a closed fist. It would take the dracon right under the chin, and hopefully stop the gouts of flame. He stepped back a few paces, and felt...something. The Cauthon child had healed her father, and had reforged his connection with the Source? Unheard of! This could be a problem.....the problem grew quite worse when the dracon smacked him with his tail, sending him reeling. He recovered, though, and began to plot anew. He had almost failed to notice the talon wounds on his chest until they began to burn with a new form of pain.

Gawain rose with a wicked smile, patting Madeline on the head and nodding to Arcadia. "Thanks, Arcadia. Didn't mean to step in uninvited, but I barely noticed you there until after I had already reset that bone. This bastard is going to pay, and pay a lot. Maddie, the thing is still hidden, right?" When she nodded, he smiled. "Good. Let's kill us a demon." With that said, he stepped over to Dre, patting him on the shoulder and smirking. "Mind if I cut in? Of course, this'll be easier if we do a tag-team. You game?"

Ahriman had had enough of this. He blurred, taking action against the accursed Cauthon child, striking at him with everything he had. A knife-edge chop to the sternum had worked before, so he sought to repeat the action.

Gawain saw it coming, as if time had slowed and caused Ahriman to move as if he were moving through treacle. He caught the strike and tossed it aside, lifting a booted foot to catch the demon in his own abdomen. The force of the blow was further fueled by the fact that Gawain had been reconnected to the Source, and was holding as much as he could without endangering himself with severing once more. No one could say that Gawain did not learn from his mistakes, and the same could not be said of Ahriman. The fool dared to use the same move again? "Fool me once, Ahriman. Fool me once." He watched with a vicious glee as the demon rolled away, head over feet.

Ahriman's thoughts were in a shamble. How could this be happening? It was not possible! "Vires superum!" He incanted this, gaining more strength through the arcane words, and dashed in once more, seeking out Gawain's legs with a swift kick. If he could not stand, Ahriman thought, he could not strike. He would win, no other outcome was acceptable.

Gawain saw this coming, and adjusted, aiming a fist at the creature's forehead, a resounding crack breaking the stride of the demon. He chuckled, already forming weaves to bind, entangle, and burn. Flows of Air, Fire, and Earth mingled, forming Fire Blossoms around the demon. An added flow of Air caused an explosion of sorts, extending the Fire Blossoms to thirty feet across, tossing Ahriman like a rag-doll against the rocky wall of the crypt. "Hey, Ahriman, guess who got better?" With a glance to Dre, he laughed. "Come, brother. Let us end this abomination once and for all."

Ahriman's black eyes widened at the sight. He had been injured! Blood flowed freely down his chest, mixing with the sweat....SWEAT!.....that had begun to glisten all over his form. Those talons had done their damage, and as he growled his anger, the dark fire struck true. He was....no. NO! "You low creatures, this will not end until I SAY it ends!" Desperately, he fought the embrace of those flames, but he knew that it was not enough. If only he had planned for such resistance!

Last edited by Ahriman on Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Ahriman
Ahriman

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:52 pm

His mouth did shut hard, he may have actually chipped a tooth. Fire and lightning do work well. He would have to remember that. Of course he would have his own little bit of revenge on this steeping pile of vulture vomit. He was convinced that the best part of this guy had run down the goblin's leg it was spawned from.

So easy to forget that dracons were more then fire and teeth. Stupid vither. Showed this guy may know what his looks are but never fought one. Before the vither hit him, talons would rake across his chest. turning so his tail whacked him in the chest to send him backwards.

he did not know Gawain was back until he felt a hand on his shoulder, his head turning to snap at it before he thought about it. Gawain seemed different that was for sure. He was glad.

He sent one link to Gawain. ~Wait Furball. Wait for him to go stone still and then strike with bale fire.~

With that he sped off, showing this demon what he could do. Lost in the Rage. Any who had felt it knew that it was not as strong as his father's Blood Rage, but well it still hurt. Add to it the Godhood; a vicious grins coming to him at that thought.

He thought about his last visit to the shadows and the new trick he learned. Letting a hand go to that shadow form, he began to weave the threads of fyre. Feeling once more that contamination. He willed it and formed it with his rage. His head butting against the steaming pile of troll dung. His left hand hold his throat, feeling the heat from earlier. In his mind he saw the sword he wanted and willed it to come from the shadows.

There he held a simple scimitar, the hilt and pommel looking normal except that it was made of shadows. The blade leapt with a fire as dark and the darkness found in the deepest darkness shadow pits. So cold that it burned when it touched something.

he let go of this this thing called Ahriman and struck with the sword. Not sure what would happen, but surprised as he actually saw the astral from being ripped from the body and into the shadow world. Astral and mortal vessel standing next to each other. He opened his mind so that Gawain could see both halves as he roared...."NOW!"

His part was done, it was up to the Furball. He hoped he struck true but either way, even if Dre had to go with the guy, this ended.

Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next