Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Bad Dream? (Invitation only)

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bad Dream? (Invitation only) Empty Bad Dream? (Invitation only)

Post by Madeline Cauthon Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:44 am

After the vision at the bar of Gawain, Maddie decided she needed to take a nap, so she went to her room for a nap. Why was she having visions of what she saw in the Ter'angreal. Maybe it was an after effect. Regardless, it had been a long few months, and she really hadn't rested much since she got back. Once she was back in her room, she laid her head on the pillow, and was soon asleep. it wasn't long before the dream started.

It was a nice evening, so Madeline decided to take Swifty for a ride, and watch the sunset. She decided to ride to the cliffs to watch it. It was near about dusk when she reached the cliffs. The closer she got she heard a loud familar voice. "Dad?" Why was he shouting, and more importantly who was he arguing with? She dismounted Swifty, and walked slowly to a tree to see what was going on. To her surprise there was no one there but her father. What also scared her was he had Gareth's bastard sword, a gift Gawain himself had given him, shaking it at someone who wasn't there.

It was then Madeline stepped out from behind the tree. She approached her father slowly. "Dad, what's wrong? There is no one here, who are you arguing with?"

Gawain's gaze fell on her then, and hefting the sword, he roared. Then, in a loud voice, he spoke. "Another Forsaken comes to me to die? Bring your worst, I'll end you here and now!" The swing came swiftly and would have taken her head completely off if she had not awoken.

Madeline awoke in a cold sweat, and screamed loud enough for everyone in ear shot, mentally and physically, to hear her.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Number of posts : 1173

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Bad Dream? (Invitation only) Empty Re: Bad Dream? (Invitation only)

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:26 am

It was a resting part of the day as many things were quiet about the Inn and that gave her time to concentrate on things while she went about her daily routine. Currently she was down on the main floor checking the books and readying the tally for when she took her list of supplies to market. The markets were quieter at the beginning and end of the day.

While in the midst of this chore a scream from upstairs caught her ear and caused her to stop in what she was doing. So much for the rest that the day had offered, and for the books for no matter what she thought about ignoring the situation - she tried to refrain from emotional events - there was something picking at her that said she needed to see what the noise was about. Closing down the book she turned from the desk and headed up the steps to learn the direction of the noise.

Now, she had no special means of knowing where the scream had come from or who did it, all she had was the guiding that was in her head and this 'guide' flashed in her mind an image of Madeline and held a sense of urgency. Taking that for a cue she went to Madeline's room and was faced with a closed door. She had expected to turn the knob and find the door locked and therefore needing to open it, but imagine her surprise when it turned easily in her hand.

Opening it she entered in and let the door to close on it's own behind her as she saw Madeline sitting up in her bed and looking rather shaken. "Light Madeline, what has startled you to the point of screaming?" De'Ryanna asked as she stopped besides the bed.

That was her. Straight and to the point.

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Number of posts : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:48 am

Venis was sitting at her desk with her brow furrowed as she munched on saltine crackers. The source of her furrowed brow? Some things just weren't adding up. As she moved to get a cracker from the package, her stomach churned again. It seemed to be getting worse instead of better.

She closed her eyes and began to sort through the voices and feelings trying to separate them into beings to find the source of the worsening stomach ache. Of course, her answer was found not in her head, but in her ears. The blood curdling scream was loud enough to wake the dead, literally, as it seemed to stir Kahn who had found time for an afternoon nap himself.

Venis rose from her chair and made her way to the side of the bed. A chaste kiss upon her husbands cold lips would be enough to settle him back into his slumber. Then she was out the door to find that screamer. For that she needed to return to the voices in her head.

It took her a moment, as she was headed down the steps, to figure out that it had been Madeline. Now that she had a destination, her pace quickened. She headed down to Madeline's room and saw the door shutting of it's own accord. Before the opening was completely sealed by the door, long, bony fingers slid through and pushed the door back again.

A peek inside revealed Madeline on the bed, looking noticeably shaken, and De'Ryanna standing by her bedside. With a sigh, she entered anyway. She had not spoken directly to De'Ryanna since that day in the Meeting Hall when decorating for All Hallows Eve. But they had attended some of the same functions.

She slid into the door and moved to the side to allow it to close. She had heard De'Ryanna ask about Madeline's current state, at least, what had brought her to said state. So she figured that to do so again was redundant.

She made her way over to the bed, standing just back from De'Ryanna and off to the side. She would have been rude to stand behind her and be out of her line of site, no reason to be rude. Hell, there was no reason the two couldn't be civil to each other. So she waited, just as De'Ryanna did, for an answer from Madeline.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:24 am

Tasha was sitting in her room at her table where all her lab equipment was set up. She was reading her most recent copy of The New England Journal of Medicine. Ha'Ruil was sitting in a chair near her and she had her bare feet in his lap. When she heard the scream she snapped her head towards the door.

She couldn't tell who had screamed, but she had a feeling that it would do her some good to find out. She slid her feet from Ha'Ruil's lap and got up from the chair. "Ha'Ruil, dear, I'll be back." She set her book down, with her page bookmarked, and leaned down to give him a kiss.

She slapped the side of her thigh three times so Leviathan would get up and follow her. Leviathan didn't stick to Tasha like glue, Tasha wasn't human and was less vulnerable than Casie. And Tasha was very glad that Casie had Kjay, because she worried about her sometimes too.

She headed out into the hallway. Her first stop would have normally been Venis' room, but the door was closed. So she closed her eyes and picked up on the scent of strawberries and raspberries. Then she just followed her nose.

Venis' scent lead her downstairs to Maddie's room. Now Maddie was like Tasha's unofficially adopted almost niece. It was a long story, the short of it was that she was, for all intents and purposes, Aunt Tasha. So when a turn of the handle on the closed door revealed it to be unlocked, she took liberties and entered.

With Levi on her tail she entered the room to find Venis pretty much at the foot of the bed, and De'Ryanna more off to one side of the bed. "Ladies." Said that way due to the presence of De'Ryanna more than anything. Between the two standing, Tasha could see Maddie on the bed looking rather distraught.

Now, Tasha could have easily guessed that at least one of the two standing there would have asked what happened. So she made her way over to the other side of the bed. She lifted a leg and sat down on the edge of the bed, facing Venis and De'Ryanna, just as Maddie was.

Leviathan jumped up on the bed and laid down facing Maddie. She slowly crawled until she was close enough to lay her head in Maddie's lap. Once her head was resting there, she looked up at Maddie to make sure she was ok.

Tasha reached over and pet Levi as she waited to find out what was going on. She was positioned so that she could move rather quickly to hug Maddie if that was what she needed. And yet, could still bolt out the door if things turned ugly between Venis and De'Ryanna. Taking Maddie and Levi with her of course.

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:47 am

Madeline was already sitting up in her bed, beads of sweat pouring from her forehead, pale as a ghost and in a panicked state. She heard Ryan enter the room, and ask her what’s wrong. She looked at De'Ryanna wide eyed. "Where's Gawain? Have you or your mom seen or spoken with him? De'Ryanna I need to know where our dad is."

She then noticed Venis enter the room. "Oh thank goodness you're here. Have you seen my father at all lately? “

At this point, Maddie was getting more frantic. “I will not let it happen again. I was too young to prevent it last time, and I’m older, stronger and have more power to let it happen to another love one. “

It was then Tasha entered the room, and hugged her, and Leviathan jumped on the bed with her. With Tasha ‘s physical touch, it allowed Madeline to take a deep breath, and focus. Because of the previous vision in the bar, and the fact she too had lost a loved one before to with same type of madness.

Madeline rubbed Leviathan’s head, and continued. “ I saw him, I saw Dad standing on Crimson Cliffs arguing, with himself, holding that sword that used to be Uncle Gareth’s. I tried to stop him, but it was like he didn’t know me. He called me another Forsaken, and swung at me with the sword. ”

Madeline was fighting back tears. “It was like Uncle Gareth all over again.”
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:04 pm

Just as she had heard the scream it only made sense that others would have heard it as well and would come to see why it had occurred. She was not even surprised to see that it was Venis who came in the door after her. Among other things she had said she dealt in protection so why wouldn't she come to at least make sure that there was no danger. Her swept over her in a measuring glance, as well as Tasha and the large cat when they came in, before attention was turned back to Madeline. She was not hear to mince words with the older lady and perhaps she would be able to ignore her all together.

Hearing what Madeline said De'Ryanna crossed her arms around her waist. There was one beneficial reason for Tasha's presence: the hug that Madeline took from her. Even for this occasion De'Ryanna was not one to cast her wariness aside and hug her half-sister. Then there was the question she was asked.

"He left with you and Mother a few months ago, why would I know where he is?" replying in her normal no-nonsense tone. "We don't share a bond and so I wouldn't know where to find him and knowing Mother she may already be there." She implied in her statement that if Madeline was bonded with him then she should know where he is, of course, she did not know the state of their relationship.

"If you are suggesting that he's lost his head then the only logical thing to do is to Still him and either lock him away until the madness is cured or kill him." Not only was it the logical thing to do but it was also what she had been taught. Even with the cleansing of the male side of the Source some men still fell victim to insanity, especially those who had been channeling it long before it was fixed. She didn't have much trust in these Asha'men and there was part of her that firmly believed they should be Stilled and killed - especially if they were already mad - for their own safety and the safety of others.

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:08 am

Madeline looked a De'Ryanna with a sigh. "That's just it, I haven't seen our father since I met up with him, and your mother in Tar Valon. And I haven't seen your mother since she left me at the White Tower."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:56 am

Cas had been up in her room asleep already. She was actually having a very plesant dream. The twins were of course in thier rooms as well. She was curled up on her side an arm drapped across Kjay. He was still awake.

He heard a scream. He knew who it was and also that Cas would want to know. He began licking her hand trying to get her to wake up. When she just moved her hand and turned over he began to bark at her.

Cas sat up in her bed. She looked at Kjay.

"What is it boy do you need out that bad?"

She got up and pulled on a robe.

"Well come on."

She opened the door and then started to head downstairs. Kjay kept stoping and making sure she was following him. When they reached the bottom floor he headed to a room insted of to the front door.

Cassie was a bit confused and still half asleep. She followed Kjay and watched as he walked right into Maddie's room.

Kjay hopped up on the bed next to Levi looking at Maddie. ~is she ok Levi? I heard her scream.~

Cas entered the room as well.

"Is everything ok? Kjay woke me."
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Number of posts : 1130

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:06 am

Maddie gave Kjay a big hug, he had been a dear friend of hers ever since she was a child, as had Cas. She turned to Cas, with a worried look. "No Cas everything is not ok. I just had a very vivid dream about my dad. You haven't seen Gawain by chance have you?"

She then told Cas about her dream.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:26 am

Cas looked at Maddie she began to get worried.

"No little one I have not seen him."

Cas moved to stand next to Venis.

Kjay wagged his tail as Maddie hugged him. He than licked her hand and laid down leaning against Levi.
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Number of posts : 1130

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:59 am

Venis and Gawain had not spoken since the night that Benjamin had killed Madeline. Something went wrong that night. One moment he was offering her his blood so she could sustain Madeline, the next moment he was going off on her again. And that hadn't been the first time since she had come to the Inn that he had acted strangely towards her.

Her brows furrowed at the thoughts going through her head. Her right hand raised and she scratched at her head with her nails before she spoke. "Perhaps, perhaps he is slipping into a state of madness." She took that opportunity to 'feel' for him. She wanted to see what she could feel and sense from him. He was an ever present presence in her head.

But she had been keeping him at bay because they had been at odds so much. So she had no idea that things were headed towards the direction of madness. But with bringing him back to the forefront of her mind, she was able to tell a few things. "He seems rather ... Irritated? Perhaps that is the best way to describe it. He's not too far away, I mean he is in Rhy'Din."

She was trying to get a fix on his location so they could go find him. "I'm not sure why, but I am having trouble zoning in on him. He's ... Blocking me, or something is, maybe another someone. I can't tell." This, of course, troubled Venis. She had never had a problem like this before. Her worry was evident on her face, but for only a moment.

When Casie entered, Venis was still trying to pinpoint a location on Gawain. "I don't think he's so bad off that death needs to be an option ... Yet." Her eyes were closed and she was tilting her head in this direction and that. It was very hard to focus on him. "I think, I think that there's time to help him before we have to kill him." She hoped at least.

Her eyes shot open and were immediately focused on Tasha. "Had I been here, had I known. I'm sorry Tash. I won't let it happen again. I will do all I can." Her eyes were pooling with blood tears threatening to fall. She moved her gaze from Tasha to Madeline. "No, I will not allow this to happen again. I refuse to loose another in such a way."

Her hand reached out to the side, she was still staring, but it was more at the wall behind them than it was at them. She felt Casie's hand at her side and she took it in hers. She squeezed it gently before releasing it. She didn't blink, she didn't speak another word for a bit either. She was completely focused, and her focus was on one thing ... Find Gawain.

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:49 pm

Well at least Venis could sense him at least, and it was good that he hadn't lost it yet. "That's good at least, but this is not the first time I've seen Dad in trouble. Earlier today, I had a vision of everyone standing around a casket in the lounge. I saw everyone crying. When Iwalked to the casket, I saw Tasha at the front, and asking, why is this happening again. When I looked in the casket, it was Gawain."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:41 am

Venis nodded as she closed her eyes yet again. She remained silent as she listened. But she wasn't just listening with her ears, she was listening with her mind, and her heart as well, for those two things could help her. It wasn't long for her eyes to shoot open yet again. "I think I found him, well, I found someone and it feels like him. Come on Tasha, let's go get him." She hoped at least.

She waited while Tasha and Leviathan got up off the bed. "Madeline, if this is him I feel, I will bring him back here safe and sound, I hope." She smiled at De'Ryanna. "De'Ryanna, have a nice day, hope I can return your father to you soon." And after a slight hug to Casie, the three left the room.

((And so ends my participation in this thread.))

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:30 pm

And so De'Ryanna listened to all that was being said about her Father. The dream - for surely it had to have been a dream, if it were anything else then they would not be talking about stopping the event because it would have already taken place - and Venis' words. At least they were all agreed on one thing : Gawain was going insane. The difference was that not all of them agreed that he had to die.

It wasn't put of any malcontent she held for the man, it was simply a state of fact. Though she had not seen for herself the damage that can be done by a insane male Channeler - probably because she was to young - she had heard the tales. Death would be an act of mercy for those people not only harmed others but themselves as well. His death was an option she was not afraid to take.

"The Wheel weaves as it will, Madeline. You know this." She had gone to the tower. De'Ryanna had her eyes set on her half-sister, studying and assessing the strength of the Source that was in her for it was important to know in case they were to ever Link and form a Weave against Gawain. "Therefore we will take your dream as a warning and prepare to stop him. Or prevent it." The last was added at the end as almost an afterthought as she realized that Madeline was of a different mindset.

Hearing that Venis felt something that might be Gawain and was going to see De'Ryanna gave a brief nod as she watched her, Tasha, and the first large cat leave. Now there was only herself, Casandra, and her companion there with Madeline.

"Though you must get a hold of yourself Madeline. You won't be able to accomplish anything if you're wrought with emotion."

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:14 am

Madeline listened to her sister, she was right of course. "You're right De'Ryanna, and usually my dreams or visions are a warning anyway, and usually come to pass with in a month. So I'm guessing we have that much time to stop or prevent this."

Madeline took a deep breath, and calmed her nerves, and regain her composure. "Thank you De' Ryanna, and to you too Cas, and Kjay."

With that Madeline stood up calmed and collected. "What do we do now?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:20 pm

What do they do now? The question was asked and De'Ryanna nearly raised an eye-brow as if to say that the answer was obvious, but she chose to speak instead. "We find him." She stated rather matter-of-fact. That had to be what Madeline wanted to do since she was asking all of them if they knew where he was, she did not seem like the type to ask a question of that nature to only to ask.

"Unless of course you would prefer to do something else until you hear back from Venis? We can clear your furniture out and you can pace about the floor." Pacing was something that worked for some people. Helped them think and clear their head. De'Ryanna never saw the point in that because it wore the muscles, the floor, and perfectly good shoes. Others might think she was joking, but she was not and since she did not know Madeline that well it was an option she gave her.

She looked towards the desk that was in the room. "Unless he is using a vast amount of the Source I will not be able to find him." While a male Channeler could easily pick out a female who could reach the Source, the same was not true the other way around. For a female to pick out the male he had to be indulging greatly in the Source.

"Therefore we must look to other means. Your other training. Priestess. Were you not taught how to scry?"

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:37 am

"No, I rather not wait on Venis to return, and yes I was taught a locator spell, just give me a second."

Madeline took a map of New haven she had. She took a hair pin and pierced her hand. She clenched her hand to make the blood come quicker, and scattered the blood all over the map.

"Blood of my blood,
Flesh of my flesh.
Reveal yourself to me."
Red if Human,
Blue if other.
Reveal!!"

When Madeline said reveal, two blue lights started lighting up over the cliffs.

"There he is, in wolf form, who else is with him? De'Ryanna, do you of another wolf, that could be with him, De'Ryanna?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:13 am

The answer that Madeline gave was a satisfactory one for De'Ryanna to hear. In truth she wasn't the biggest fan when it came to waiting but she knew how to do it and had been trained to wait for hours in a single position until it was time for her to move. Luckily they were going to move.

Madeline asked for a moment and De'Ryanna stepped back from the bed and a bit off to the side, she would give the other her space, but that did not mean that she was not going to watch what was going on and pay attention. If anything this was a chance to learn something new - even if she could not duplicate it. Her face remained as emotionless as before as she watched her half-sister cut her hand and spill the blood upon the map. The smell of it hit her nose and she was very thankful that it wasn't a full moon outside because she was unsure of what it would have done.

When Madeline raised the question about another wolf the calm demeanor chipped with a twitch to the corner of her eyes and a shift from one foot to the other. "I know it's not my brother." Fact that she didn't care to talk about.

Smoothing out her face she squared back her shoulders and lifted her chin and said, "It's Benjamin." And how she knew? That, was something she wasn't volunteering.

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:52 am

"I have a brother?" Was probably not what De'Ryanna expected to hear from her, but that's the first thing that registered with Madeline.

Then the second thing De'Ryanna said hit. "Why would Benjamin be there with Dad, and would he be able to tell there was something wrong with Dad?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:12 am

An exasperated sigh and she put her hands down at her side. "That fiend is probably there because something is wrong with our Father. There's no other reason for him to be there." Then muttered under her breath, "He wouldn't waste his time otherwise. " That was her opinion on it anyway.

Now that the deal with finding him was over the question now set on what they were going to do. "Benjamin being there puts a different twist into all of this. If you did not see him in your vision then what does that mean for us and the outcome of this situation?" She had to ask questions to sort out the logical way to go forward. "The two of us cannot handle that man alone and whatever state Father is in. To simply go up there will be walking into death."

De'Ryanna was quite sure that Benjamin would not kill her - if he wanted her dead he would have done it many times before now for he's had numerous opportunities - but she wasn't too sure about Madeline.

"And then there is what happened the last time he saw you." No need for her to go into that. Then, as almost as afterthought she answered the other question. "Yes, you have a half-brother. My twin, Zander."

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:50 am

Madeline had all ideas what he would do with her, and she did remember what he did to her the last time. "It definitely puts a new twist on things. But the two may still be related. I've only had two so far. With Garreth I had many, and frequently." Hence why my own adopted mom sent me away." At that thought Madeline tensed up.

"Anyway I agree, it would be useless to go straight after them. But I just don't want to sit here. "

Madeline sighed, and closed her eyes, she tried to see if she could get a good energy level on him. "He seems to be more... I don't know how to put it. More werewolf than human? I've been able to feel the human side of our father before, when he was in this form. But this time seems different. Is it possible he could stay like this, and not shift back?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:37 am

She watched how Madeline reacted to the sharing of what happened last time she had visions: she was sent away. It was something she didn't seem to like too well for De'Ryanna saw the subtle movements that told her the other had tensed, if only slightly.

"Honestly Madeline, I don't know." spoken with a languid shrug of her shoulders. "Neither do I know him well enough to be a judge of his character and mental state, nor am I that in tune with that side of my inheritance to know if the change can be permanent." She had kept a firm leash on that side ever since Gawain had opened the proverbial box and set it free. What she said was not helpful in terms of finding out what to do but it did suggest that they needed someone else or needed to gain the experience on their own.

Then there was the problem of merely sitting around and 'doing nothing'. "There was one time before when I was a young child that Mother told me Father was stuck in his more bestial form." She was told the story during one of the times when she questioned where he was. "He was a different type of wolf I believe and he lost hold of his humanity. Was out running with the pack and all things of that nature. As you've seen him as a man it's obvious that he was able to come to form once again. You could always try reaching out to him. Mentally."

It was a suggestion and one she would not lightly make. "I know you've done it before as you've tried to establish a mental link with myself in the past, surely you can do it now with him. But you must not make it an arbitrary connection if you think he is not in an agreeable state."

"Know what you're going after and be firm about it. Get your message across. Although," she would warn, "to enter into a wild mind, or one you are not prepared for, can be at great consequence to yourself. For the untrained or unprepared, it can backlash and you may be accessible to everything they are feeling and suffer lasting mental damage. You could even go insane."

De'Ryanna knew of the risk, she had been training in that particular art for years - making the connection and placing herself in a persons mind. As for Madeline, she didn't know of her skills, but if she choose to go that route then she would be there to see her through any consequence.

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:17 am

Madeline listened to De'Ryanna very carefully, and took her words to heart. Yes she did have the training to talk mentally to others, and her and Gawain did talk that way often. But this would require more than simple concentration, and thought. It would require a high level of power and energy, and anyone who could sense magic would know something was going on. What Madeline didn't know if one, Ben would be able to sense it, and two, if he did, would he know it was her.

Madeline took a deep breath. "I'll try, it's better than doing nothing."

Madeline walked to the window in her room and opened it,. She then took the hair pen she had pierced her hand before, and sat in the chair by the window and placed the hair pen in the other hand and closed her eyes. As blood dripped on her clothes. With her eyes closed, and the breeze coming in through, she could see Gawain, and Ben. "I see them," was all she said.

Maddie then raised her power level, and called out to her father.

~Gawain. Gawain Cauthon. Father, can you here me?~
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by B.D. Adams Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:20 am

And what was this?

While Benjamin was with Gawain, prodding at his mind with his words, a new player entered into the game. Like himself this player had no physical form on the cliff for the only body there was that of Gawain’s. Still, he felt it and there was something familiar there – it was someone he knew.

He did not take his attention fully off of his prey for he would not need to and this new player had focused their own energy on him. It took a moment, a few moments that passed by as mere seconds and the source of it was known to him. “Last time you interfered I killed you.”

The question was asked to himself in the hidden location where he resided. Nothing verbal for Gawain to hear. Would he kill her again? Yes. Would he do it now? No. Her saving grace was that he considered the feral beast on the cliff more entertaining however, if he changed his mind . . .

While he was not going to kill her, he was going to remove her from the equation for now. He had a connection to Madeline and that is what he pulled on now, traveling down the unseen chain with lines of burning fire and electricity. This mix traveled down and was sent directly into her mind where it spontaneously sparked out to the nerve endings and through her central nervous system. It was enough to cause her to black out or go into convulsions.

It took less than five seconds and once it was done he left her mind.

B.D. Adams
B.D. Adams

Number of posts : 198

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:05 pm

((This thread will have a parallel thread on the Starry Myst boards. It is also called Bad Dream? (Invitation Only). From this point on, all posts will either be made to both threads on both boards, or be cut and pasted into the post that follows. That way, everyone can read the whole story as it plays out. It is also tied into A Return (Invite Only). Though, we are not double posting that one yet. It's going to run a little slower. So please, enjoy.))

Venis and Tasha had gone to where Venis had thought she had felt Gawain. It was a false alarm. Though, they had come across one of Venis' old friends who was pretty powerful in his own right. With a promise to come back and catch up later, she opened a mental link to Madeline to tell her it was the wrong being and that she was about to search again. But as she went to open the link she started getting flashes of images. And not all of them were pretty. She grabbed her head and doubled over.

What ever Madeline was doing, she was pulling a lot of power to do it. And some of that power was being pulled from Venis the second that she opened the link. Some of the images were easier to focus on as she cried out in pain. She could see Gawain in his Hybrid form. She could see Madeline sitting by a window. She saw De'Ryanna standing in Madeline's room, she saw Benjamin. But the image of Benjamin wasn't in focus. She saw blood and all sorts of things were coming in in the color blue. She had no idea what was happening, but she didn't like it.

Madeline had used the locater spell to find her father, and in fact had found him in his other form, with Benjamin, and that wasn't good.. This time was different some how. Usually when Gawain was in werewolf form she could always feel his human side, you could even see it in his eyes. But this, this was totally different. Her father didn't even look the same. So she decided to use a strong communication spell she learned on Avalon, to see if she could reach him.

The problem was that Benjamin had detected her. She knew he would probably sense her, and more than likely kill her, or hurt her in some way. And in fact he had dealt her a serious blow that spontaneously shorted out her nerve endings through her central nervous system. Before she blacked out she managed to send a mental cry out. "VENIS HELP ME!!" Then Madeline fell out on the floor in convulsions.

Madeline's cry was heard. And Venis knew the reason for it. As she fell to her knees she felt a lesser version of what Madeline had felt because of the open link. "Tasha ..." Venis was curling up on the ground in a fetal position. "Madeline ... Needs you ..." She was fighting the effects of the backlash of the backlash.

Though, she was unsure of it's source. But soon it was over and the images stopped and all the was left over was the residual headache. She pushed herself up with her hands as she stayed sitting upon the ground for a moment.
"Go, get Madeline stable, don't let her die Tash."

Tasha knew it had to be pretty serious for Venis to be sending her. So she shifted into her panther form, not caring about the ripped clothes or the fact that when she got back to the Inn and Maddie's room, she would have to shift back and be nude. She simply took off in the direction of the Inn.

Venis waited the length of a few breaths and then pushed herself back up to her feet. Whatever Madeline had done, it was strong. And one thing resonated above all else. Gawain was pissed. So she figured that her best course of action was to find him and find him fast. And she had an inclination that perhaps this form would not be the one to find him in.

So as she took off running, not knowing why she was headed that direction, she hurdled a bush and when her feet touched the ground on the other side, they were the four paws of a solid white wolf with ice blue eyes. Venis was a shifter vamp, and only Gawain and one other would know her in this form.

Last edited by Madeline Cauthon on Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next