Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Getting a Room

Go down

Getting a Room Empty Getting a Room

Post by Vesta Vo Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:57 pm

This was the place; Tel'Ranaemyn Inn. No clue what the first word meant, but she knew what an Inn was; and this time she did see the sign that was outside. Didn't have any rooms to rent until August it said. Certainly there were some rooms. She could be an unofficial room renter. She still hadn't a clue on how she was going to pay for a room. The tutu didn't exactly have pockets, and there was only a bit of pocket change in her shoes. And a bus pass for the CTA 3 King Street bus. Maybe it would be worth something - never knew how anything went in a place like this.

Vesta didn't see anyone coming out the Inn, yet the door was open. No need to waste any more time, she went in. Then stepped right back out to look at the sign again.

"I'm screwed. That interior looks pricey. I'd be better off setting up camp at the transportation stop."

At least there the only thing she would have to worry about would be people staring at her. And rain. And the occasional bird or insect that decided she would make a good stool. Not to mention that the sign at the stop, while stating when the bus didn't run, never had anything about when it did run. Obviously that wasn't important.

"What the Hell, the worst they can do is kick me out. Not like I haven't been thrown out of places before." An unfortunate thing. All there was to do now was find someone to question.

Vesta Vo

Back to top Go down

Getting a Room Empty Re: Getting a Room

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:02 pm

"I don't have time for this," De'Ryanna would not sigh into the conch shell, though if she did there was reason. Pulling it away from her ear she flipped through a calendar book on the oak desk in front of her.

"They hay was suppose to be here this morning, soon it will be dusk and then the next day. If you can't figure out a way to bring our delivery to us in a timely fashion then I suggest that you figure out a way to convince me from taking our money back." Hard to find reliable service at times.

The shell was placed back on the table and that is when she saw the stranger in the lobby. It was her cue to get to work. Brushing her hands along the front of her brown silk skirt and moved out from behind the desk.

"Welcome to Tel'Ranaemyn. How may I be of service?" That service is given with a smile.

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Number of posts : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Vo Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:30 am

Catching ear of what the lady was saying almost made Vesta damn near turn around and head back out the door for a second time. She didn't know anything about the conversation - something or other about hay - but that tone was a no-nonsense type of tone.

Hated that tone.

When that tone of voice is directed at her it usually meant that someone had linked a latest act of anti-conformity to her. What happened after that was usually determined by how quickly she could come up with a credible alibi. This time the tone wasn't directed at her but the person on the other end of the...shell? Knew she hadn't been seeing things. That lady had been speaking into a shell. And here Vesta thought that people could only hear the ocean in a shell.

No time to dwell on the functionality of shells, the lady had addressed her.

"Hey. I know the sign out there side no rooms would be available until August," Vesta started saying. Realizing only then that this place had the same months as back home. Although she shouldn't assume too much. It could be January here, of September even, with August having just passed. Or even yet, a day could last a week. No way in knowing.

"I need some place to stay until the bus comes. What month is it now and how long until August?"

Vesta Vo

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:56 pm

What month was it? She had been warned about this, the possibility of people wandering up here, seeming from no where, and completely disoriented. Sad really, though they did make for interesting conversations.

"It is July. August is but a few days away." She spoke slowly, making sure to articulate her words clearly in an effort to stave out any form of an accent. "As for the bus you are waiting on, I'm not exactly sure when it will get to the stop next. Nor do I remember the last time I saw a bus pass and I have been working here, at the Inn, for a few weeks now. I have seen carriages, pull-carts, and taxi's"

Preferring not to be the barrier of bad news, though it was better than leaving the visitor waiting for something which may never come. Taking a brochure from the desk she offered the item to the one in the tutu.

"I am De'Ryanna Aybara and you are welcome to stay at one of our rooms. Quite a number of them are furnished, the bar and bakery able to take your food orders. How would you like to pay for your room?"

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Number of posts : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Vo Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:51 pm

Pay. That was a good question. Looking over the brochure she was given, Vesta didn't have a clue how she was going to pay. Gold? Silver? The only silver things she had were the dangle bracelets on her wrist. And a few nickles and dimes in her shoes. Would they even work for currency? The whole thing made her think that she had been dropped off at some Renaissance festival.

Never being one for that type of thing, she was totally out of place.

"The only silver I have are these bangles. Or I can wash dishes if that won't work." Wash dishes. The last time she washed dishes was when her friends skipped out on dinner and she was left with a check that she couldn't pay for. If the business didn't toss you out, they made you work off the debt.

"Don't need nothing big." Vesta did have a pen. Never know when the contents of pen could be handy. There was a spot on the brochure for a signature, talking fast and placing hers down in hope to secure a deal before any protest was made. "A hole in the wall with a bed will do as long as I can lie comfortable enough. Thanks!"

Paper was put back on the reception desk and she made a quick move to head towards thee bar area. Not hiding really. If that lady, De'Ryanna she said her name was, wanted to collect payment now she could.

On the brochure she had signed her name: Vesta Voui.

Vesta Vo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down