Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

A Room Of Her Own -{ OPEN! }-

2 posters

Go down

A Room Of Her Own -{ OPEN!  }- Empty A Room Of Her Own -{ OPEN! }-

Post by Callisto Zoi-Elliot Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:28 pm

The next morning came, and Gwen was wondering how Archer was doing, part of her wanted to use the business card to find him, but she figured she would eventually go explore and maybe find him and maybe not, but the glowy yellow eyed beast was in her mind, but surely Angel or Fallon would have let her know if he wasn't okay right?!  She was looking to her daughter who was still upset but it was almost as if a calmness had over taken  her and Gwen wasn't so sure if that was a good or a bad thing.   Harm let her know not to worry that he had talked to their daughter when she had went to sleep after the long day.   So here she was walking with Callisto down the steps from her room to the front counter, and she was smiling though, because Gwen loved her kids, and she was so glad that Callisto would be here with her for a bit.

Callisto had a heck of a night, first she had her fight with Damien, then she had to admit to her dad that she was no longer a card carrying member of the V card, thankfully he didn't ask for details, the line needed to be drawn somewhere right, but then on top of all of that she found out who her dad really was, which was the most shocking of all.   Okay maybe not the most shocking the fact he was going to teach her his craft, perhaps that should be counted as the most shocking, but still! And here she was facing her mom, going to find a room either across the hall or next door for her, and she couldn't say a thing.  Not a single thing to her mom about what her father really did and what she was hoping to learn.   She never knew how hard it would be to keep something, but she knew that her mom nor her sister Rain would ever fully comprehend and it was just best to keep it on the down low.  

When they arrived at the desk, Gwen stopped on the checking in side, she had worked that front desk many a time, but she felt for this she should be on this side of the desk, make things all proper mind you.  Once they stopped in front of the desk Gwen smiled to Callisto.  “I am sure your dad gave you all kinds of rules....”  Callisto nodded and gave her mom her best smile she could muster while she was in turmoil.   “He did.   He also said he has very good ears.”  And Gwen let out a soft laugh, like the tinkling of a bell, “He just wants what is best for you sweetie.”  And Callisto smiled.  “I know mom.”  And she moved to hug her mom a moment while they waited, although she noticed a small bell, and she moved to ring the ding on it!
Callisto Zoi-Elliot
Callisto Zoi-Elliot

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

A Room Of Her Own -{ OPEN!  }- Empty Re: A Room Of Her Own -{ OPEN! }-

Post by Telguest Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:19 am

photo ELara_zpsc7f7c59f.png

E'Lara

•|•|•|E'Lara was coming from her room when she spotted guests at the front counter.  She paused in her steps for a moment and considered letting Oliver get them while she went and put her tea kettle on.  But, then she thought better of it when she remembered Oliver liked to be up late at night and therefore most likely would not rise this early.

So the heavy set, grey haired, elf made her way to the front desk.  Stepping up behind the desk she pulled her light purple shawl up on her shoulders more.  Not a hair was out of place in the loose bun atop her head and her long, plain, dark purple frock looked to be in perfect condition.  Her feet were clad in light purple slippers to match her shawl.  So, she was without anything to fuss with once she had settled her shawl.

A smile for the two young ladies as she lifted the cover of the ledger.  "Well now, how can I be of help to you beautiful young ladies this morn?"  E'Lara may have been a bit of a morning elf.  But usually, not before her morning pot of tea.  So they were in luck,  because she was managing bright eyed and figuratively bushy tailed before her tea.

Telguest

Number of posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Callisto Zoi-Elliot Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:55 pm

Gwen was smiling to her daughter after that hug, she loved that her kids hugged her whenever and wherever.  She had been told not to expect that of teenagers, especially hormonal ones whatever that meant but her babies were still her babies.   So when the lady was moving behind the desk, Callisto stepped back from the hug she was giving her mom, and she was anxious and yet well behaved as Gwen was up.

Gwen smiled to the lady behind the counter.  “Hello, I don't think we have really met before.  I am Gwen, Pip's half sister and I have a room here.”   Because Gwen really was Pips half sister and this is where she knew her sister spent a LOT of time at least back in the day so the lady elf might know her.  “I have room 206 with my husband, and my daughter, Callisto, has come to stay as well.  I was hoping we could add room 205 to my bill for her to stay with us?”   Gwen looked so hopeful and she smiled towards the lady.

Callisto, whom had been quiet pipped up though, “Perhaps I could learn to work the desk like you or something else to help out and take part of the fees for my room on my own?”  She was a good girl, most of the time, except well when she dated men her dad wasn't a fan of.   Gwen smiled, as she put in, ”I have worked behind the desk a few times myself.”  Not that it was a bad thing, she liked it, and thought it could hopefully be arranged.
Callisto Zoi-Elliot
Callisto Zoi-Elliot

Back to top Go down

Post by Telguest Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:51 am

E'Lara

•|•|•|E'Lara's tree hued eyes lit up.  Her smile added that certain sparkle.  "Ahh, yes, Miss Epiphany's dear sister.  Merry met Miss Gwendolyn."  She was fond of Epiphany.  Such a smart young lady.  And she had heard of Gwendolyn, she had just never had the pleasure.  And now she was getting introduced to Gwendolyn's daughter as well.  "Merry met Miss Callisto. Welcome to the Tel'Ranaemyn Inn.  That's a very lovely name."  This was her lucky day.  She truly enjoyed meeting new people.

Hearing the request of the room, she began to scan the ledger.  "Let us see here."  She ran her finger down the page.  "Why yes, we in fact can add the room to your bill."
The room was available.  E'Lara was happy about that.  She hated having to give anyone bad news.  She liked to see others happy, not sad. 

When the young Miss Callisto suggest that she help out to help pay for her room simply delighted E'Lara.  "Absolutely young lady.  I'm sure that your mother can teach you anything you need to know.  But you are also welcome to come and find me.  I keep a small room near the laundry."  Laundry was E'Lara's main responsibility.  So it made sense for her to be there.  "Anything you want to do to help out will certainly go towards the bill for your room." She was quite surprised to hear such a suggestion from a pretty young lady who looked like she would rather be hanging out with her friends at some shopping plaza than at home with her parents doing chores. 

The smile on E'Lara's face was genuine as she waited to hear the answer about the name on the room and for someone to sign the papers.

Telguest

Back to top Go down

Post by Callisto Zoi-Elliot Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:12 pm

Gwennie smiled to the lady, and she was so glad that she did know her half-sister and of her, that made things easier, at least she thought so!  “It's nice to meet you.....”  But she wasn't sure of t he ladys name so she just sorta left it blank there, as she smiled though.   And Callisto smiled to the lady as well.   “Thank you Ma'am....I'm sorry I didn't catch your name.”  She had a soft smile over her lips though and no attitude in her tone mere curiosity of whom they were speaking too.  

While she was skimming the ledger the girls were rather quiet, and Gwennie had a hopeful smile on her face, and Callisto was hopeful because getting out of the room with her parents would be a gift from the heavens.   Gwen smiled to  her.  “Thank you we appreciate that.”  She really did she was going to let Harmibear know that everything was good once they were done here, and then perhaps help her Callisto get settled in across the hall.  

Callisto was offering, yes it was part of the deal, but if her mom didn't mention it she could have used that to her advantage, but she wasn't she was being responsible.   “I am glad to hear that I can help.”  That was Callisto it wasn't that she didn't help out with things at home, just a inn was a bit different, but she would figure it out.    And she was glad to hear that.   “I will keep that in mind.”  She would indeed.

Gwen was thoughtful.   “Can we put the name in Callisto's name and I will make sure that the bill is covered?”  Because she would, and she knew that her kids were growing up, and she remembered the first time signing and having a room in her own name, but then it was always the little things that Gwennie loved best.   Callisto would not be the one to shatter her mom's thoughts, if she could help it, she loved her too much.
Callisto Zoi-Elliot
Callisto Zoi-Elliot

Back to top Go down

Post by Telguest Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:52 am

E'Lara

•|•|•|E'Lara was not usually one for blushing, but this time, her face was as bright as a holiday light.  "I am sorry my dears.  My name is E'Lara.  Tis a pleasure to meet you both."  She could not believe she had forgotten to give her name.

With a pleasant smile she replied to Gwendolyn's appreciation.  "You are quite welcome Miss Gwendolyn."  She had not been instructed to refer to either of them by anything other than their full names, so that was how she was referring to them.

E'Lara was very happy to hear that the young lady was going to be helping, and was happy for the chance to do so.  She loved to see youths with a strong work ethic.  They had a tendency to grow into responsible adults.  Something the world needed more of if you asked her.

She had another bright smile when Gwendolyn was willing to put the room in her daughters name.  She trusted the young lady.  And that meant that E'Lara would trust her too.  That was just the kind of elf she was.  "Of course we can.  Just let me know how to spell that.  I would hate to mess up such a thing of beauty."   She showed the papers to Callisto. "Sign here please, Miss Callisto.  This means that the room is going to be paid in full upon your moving out of it.  Of course, any work you do will go toward the bill, as well as any money your parents pay toward it."  There were other papers on the desk as well.  And E'Lara would give them to Callisto when she was ready.

Telguest

Back to top Go down

Post by Callisto Zoi-Elliot Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:30 pm

Gwennie was smiling towards E'Lara because she was happy her daughter was going to be able to have her own room, and explore a bit more about being well, an adult.    Gwen knew her daughter was more like her husband and she knew that if they kept her as they kept Rain, Callisto would end up sufficated.   She didn't want that.   They both responded with. “It's nice to meet you E'Lara.”

Gwen would smile and look to the elf, E'Lara. “Oh you can call me Gwen.  Most everyone else does.”  She nodded her head at that one she was glad for it though.

Callisto was just anxious to get the papers signed she wanted to go see her room, get her items from her parents room into her own room, and then perhaps go for a bit of a walk.   She would have to get permission though, she had rules that came along with getting a room, and she knew she was going to have to follow those rules.

Of course, Gwen trusted all of her kids, she also trusted Fallon and Damon, should you really trust someone because Gwen did?   But hey that worked in Callisto's favor so let's take that and run!  Callisto smiled as she looked between her mom and E'Lara.  “Okay, my name is spelled as  C-A-L-L-I-S-T-O   Z-O-I hyphen E-L-L-I-O-T”  She smiled to her.   Callisto nodded and she took the pen and she signed on the line for the room.   “Thank you E'Lara.”  She was still well mannered but she was anxious to get to see her very first room of her own, well okay she had her own room at home, but this..this was different!   So she waited as patiently as she could for the keys and the other paperwork, that it looked like she was going to be getting.
Callisto Zoi-Elliot
Callisto Zoi-Elliot

Back to top Go down

Post by Telguest Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:36 am

E'Lara

•|•|•|E'Lara was elated when Miss Gwendolyn gave her permission to call her Gwen.  It made her feel like more than just an employee.  "Gwen it is then."  Her smile couldn't have gotten any brighter, and her tree tinted eyes sparkled like leaves covered in sunrise dew.  Yes, it made her that happy.

She wrote Callisto's name in the book exactly as it had been spelled to her.  "Very beautiful indeed.  Even the spelling of it looks lovely."  Of course, the elf had a very fancy pen stroke.  Her handwriting almost looked like calligraphy if calligraphy were a cursive print.

She took the paper that Callisto had signed and put it away with the other papers from other guests.  She grabbed the key and passed it to Callisto with a few papers.  "Alright dear, here's your key.  And this is a map of the grounds and some of the near by places one might enjoy.  We also have the kitchen hours and a few other bits of information for you."  Anything Callisto needed to know as a guest was included in those papers.

She closed the ledger back and gave another smile to the ladies.  "Alright then, I do hope you enjoy your stay.  And if you, either of you, need anything, just let me know.  I'm always around somewhere."  And she meant it.  She loved to help others, especially when they treated her as more than just another nameless employee.

Telguest

Back to top Go down

Post by Callisto Zoi-Elliot Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:38 pm

Well, Gwen did not stand on formal grounds when it came to her name, nope not at all, and in truth if she called you your full name it was probably something that was strange for her to do.  Nicknames were kind of her thing, except Archer, he was Archer or Genius.   The rest the rest had nicknames.   “Yes.”  She was smiling for that one at how it all worked.

Callisto smiled to the elf.  “Thank you.”  She had a hint of a blush to her cheeks because it was a nice thing.  She was good with compliments sort of, she still had that, it was kind of someone to say such.

Callisto smiled as she took the key from the elf, along with the papers.  “Thank you.”  Callie smiled to her once more.  “I am glad for the information, I shall make sure to read over it, to better help out too.”  She nodded with a bob of her head, before she looked towards her mom.

Of course, they treated her as a person, E'Lara might work there but she wasn't just a nameless employee.   Gwen nor any of hers would treat people that way, especially not with Gwen there.   The girls smiled.  “It was nice to meet you.”   And Gwen added.  “But now we must go get Callisto settled in, she is excited for this.”  She turned to her daughter though and she was moving with Callisto back to the stairs to make sure she got her room all figured out.
Callisto Zoi-Elliot
Callisto Zoi-Elliot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down