Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Bad Dream? (Invitation only)

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bad Dream? (Invitation only) - Page 2 Empty Re: Bad Dream? (Invitation only)

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:59 pm

Madeline most certainly was not going to die. If that had been Benjamin's aim then Madeline would be dead and not convulsing on the floor. Her experience with the man was that he never did a job half-way.

As soon as Madeline started to go down De'Ryanna went to catch her and ease her down to the floor - the girl didn't need a physical head injury on top of the mental attack she had just endured. For the safety of everyone De'Ryanna grabbed hold of the Source and quickly shielded Madeline from being able to reach it for there were many stories of women subconsciously taking hold and lashing out all manner of attacks when their minds were unstable and they didn't need to add that complication on with everything else.

Another thing she did was seal the room to make entrance through the door a bit of a complication. This was no time for unnecessary interruptions.

That done the next thing was to keep her from biting her tongue and therefore she clenched Madeline's jaw shut with a weave of Air as well as constrained her body - physically De'Ryanna was not strong enough to hold her down on her own and keep the woman from thrashing all over the place.

Next, cold. Madeline had a lot of cranial activity that set off the convulsions and the main thing to do was to chill the body in order to slow it and bring the body to a rested state. It may take time, Madeline may even go into a coma, but if she froze her fast enough - yet carefully to not kill her - permanent brain damage could be avoided.

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Number of posts : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:36 pm

After several long hours, Madeline finally stopped convulsing. The weave De'Ryanna had weaved had done it's job. Slowly she regained consciousness, and opened her eyes. She tried to sit up, but her body was too weak. So she remained on the floor, and slowly started to speak. "I tried De'Ryanna I tried, but Ben, he..he.. did something to me. Thank you, for being here. Ben stopped me before I could tell if I reached our father or not. I don't know what to do now."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Number of posts : 1173

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:15 am

De'Ryanna could wait. It didn't make a difference if it was a few minutes or a few hours. She could wait there for Madeline to wake up and then later, and if need be, delve into her mind to try to fix any damage. So she waited and as Madeline's body calmed down she eventually let the weave go. It was tiring holding on to a weave for extended amounts of time.

When Madeline finally opened her eyes De'Ryanna moved closer and touched her head. She was a bit chilled but seemed to be stabilizing. "You are in no condition to go after him right now." De'Ryanna hardly ever said that man's name unless she had to. "Besides, the next time he does something to you it will be worse. You need your strength. We should have some faith in our father." The last was said with a bit of hesitation.

"There's no need for him to kill him."

At least she didn't think there was. "If anything he would use him as bait. But I do not think that Father would be so easily used. Count to ten for me please. Outloud. We need to check your brain functions."

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Number of posts : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:55 am

Madeline knew De' Ryanna was right, it's just this seemed so similar to Garreth, and it scarred her because she knew the outcome of it. She did as she was told. "one, two, three, four, fie, six, seven, eight, nine, ten. Oh one more thing, the last thing did before Ben got to me was cried out for help. I think Venis might have heard me, I'm not sure. I was drawning on a little of her energy to reach Dad."

She hoped this doesn't make her mad, "I was seeking help, beause I knew he may have been closer. Do you think your mother knows whats going on?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:00 pm

Madeline and De'Ryanna were trying to figure out how to help there father, when Madeline heard their father. "De'Ryanna, I hear him, he's asking for help.".

Madeline closed her eyes, and focused what energy she had restored on to seeing Gawain and the cliffs. She was shocked what she saw. "Um De'Ryanna, is it possible for Dad to be in wolf form, and human form, standing side by side. And um about to fight"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Airtia S. Cauthon Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:16 am

"Him? In trouble? Meow. I can't believe it." Tyger said caustically as he watched Airtia go into the locked chest in the basement of the house. It was a chest that she rarely ever touched because of what was inside. Special lock, special chest. The cat knew what was in there and that she was going in there now he didn't like. Just hopefully the situation was not dire enough for her to pull out what the chest was meant to contain.

Not bothering to look at him she spoke. "Ye know that iffen the situation did nae call fer it I would nae go in the first place." Very true. Airtia was not the kind of person who rushed to the scene of trouble when she knew that capable hands were already involved because there wasn't a point to it. Even if the people involved may be outweighed, if there was a chance of them pulling through or the situation was better served by them not, she often stayed at bay. "Iffen I do nae then they're going tae kill themselves."

The two girls Madeline and De'Ryanna. Airtia knew what was taking place concerning Gawain due to their bond (even if he had muted it in a fashion there was more that held them together than the Source and they had been together for many years) and she knew the status of the girls. That is why now she was stepping in. Not because she was called but because it was needed.

"Let's go." The chest was closed and resealed before Airtia stood from the chest with two black marble bracelets in her hand. And she weaved the pattern that would open a portal into the room where De'Ryanna and Madeline were. If her daughter would not have sealed the room it would have been easier. But when Airtia connected to the other side she saw the Weave and now had to break through it or spend time picking it apart.

Fortunately De'Ryanna had forgotten to tie off the weave and therefore it was not as strong as it should have been. It took a lot of energy to maintain the Source and while she was strong she didn't have the endurance that age brought. Tyger hopped down from the shelf he had been resting on and stood at his Master's side and saw the bracelets. That put the cat at a bit of ease. He knew what those were and it didn't worry him as it probably should.

On the other side of that weave De'Ryanna felt someone picking at her weave and it felt like someone was pinching her in various locations. If it had been anyone aside from her mother she would have shot something at them for causing the discomfort. Instead she let go of the Weave and breathed a sigh that was both reluctant and relieved. "My Mother is coming." De'Ryanna said calmly to Madeline before she stepped to the side.

Just as it was said a silver vertical line cut the air a foot besides where De'Ryanna had been standing. The line turned no its side and opened up allowing Airtia and Tyger to step through. Airtia held out her hand which held the bracelets. "Each o' ye take a bracelet an' wear it. Tis a ter'agreal tae enhance yer power. We're going tae aid yer Father."

That was how she greeted them.. Straight and to the point.

Airtia S. Cauthon
Airtia S. Cauthon

Number of posts : 185

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:37 am

After seeing and hearing her father, Madeline had been using healing techniques she learned on Avalon. She was grateful when she heard De'Ryanna say her mother was on the way., and even happier when Airtia showed up. Madeline took the bracelet and put it on, immediately she felt it's power. "Thank you Airtia. I'm glad your here. Please tell me we can save him, if what I saw was right, he's in serious trouble"

Maddie then saw Airtia's companion. Finally feeling back at full strength, she stood up, and smiled at Tyger. "Good to see you again Tyger."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Airtia S. Cauthon Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:35 am

( just so you all know.. sometimes I like to incorporate my characters in one post instead of making two small ones back to back. )

De'Ryanna took the bracelet from her Mother but did not channel into it just yet as she wanted to hear what was to be said and if there was anything she was suppose to know about it, even though, like Madeline, she could sense it had a type of power. Frowning slightly she put on her wrist. She didn't like any jewelry that could be looked at as 'binding'. Even the great Serpent ring she received when she was raised to Accepted she only wore when needing to make a statement.

She set herself to not thinking about it and focusing on the task ahead when she heard Madeline's comment about 'serious trouble'. De'Ryanna opened her mouth and was about to speak when her Mother beat her to it. "The seriousness o' a situation depends on the people involved. I 'ave nae doubt that he can handle himself but it tis the two o' ye that give me more concern." Airtia admitted to the girls. Tyger watched them both and began to nonchalantly clean his face. The cat was rather cool for the situation.

"While yer Father may be able tae fight the battle on his own we are going tae make sure that he wins. I need ye two tae listen tae me and do what I say so that we all may walk away from this with lil damage." She would never say that there would be no damage for a person always walked away from a fight damaged. Even if it is only emotional from feeling sadness or fear, or mental pain from images. "Reach out tae the Source and channel it tae the bracelet on yer arm. When we go through this portal we will be on the cliff with yer Father and the Beast, and the one who tis watching. We will nae be able tae stay together." Airtia paused right there, the last words hanging in the air as she looked between the two of them.

She saw hesitation in De'Ryanna's face at the mention of not being together but choose not to address it. That was something the girl would have to deal with and accept, though Airtia knew why her daughter would hesitate at the thought of being separated at that location.

Airtia continued. "We will need tae form an enclosure around him and the Beast, I suggest a Triangle formation with the two o' ye standing parallel at his sides. Do nae get close to him." This left that she was going to stand closets to the Beast. It was safer that way because if he turned to attack Airtia was better suited than they for she could maintain a Weave and still commence in armed combat. Needless to say, her sword was strapped across her back.

"Tis also vera important that ye stay in control o' yer power. O' yer pull. Ye will feel the desire to pull greedily from the Source as much as ye can but I tell ye that tae take on more than ye know ye are able tae handle and ye feel yerself straining that ye are likely tae kill yerself. Pulling that much along will drain yer energy as it is, we do nae need tae add dying tae the list.

"Ye will feel a pull when I link us together, a tug, and yer power leaving ye and that may make ye want tae pull more power or panic but do nae. Tis vera important. And, whatever 'appens, continue to channel until I break the link. Understand?"

De'Ryanna brushed her hand over the bracelet and nodded. She was ready

Airtia S. Cauthon
Airtia S. Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Airtia S. Cauthon Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:45 pm

In the short time it had taken her to arrive in the Inn, pass out the bracelets to the girls and explain the mission she felt Gawain change and the tides of the battle taking a shift. Even though it did not reflect on her features - Airtia was a model of keeping an expressionless face and calm - she felt the pain that he was going through and it was excruciating. If they were going to ensure that this fight ended the way they wanted it too then they had to go.

She turned from them and another portal opened up, splitting the air. On the other side of it they would be able to see the cliff and Gawain laying upon the ground covered in blood. "Ye know what tae do. We 'ave tae go now." Even in seeing Gawain in the dire state Airtia's voice did not waver and her demeanor did not change. This did not mean she lacked feeling for what was taking place, only that she was in control of her emotions and set on the task ahead.

Airtia and Tyger stepped through first. The gateway would close after the girls had done so as well.

(Okay! Make the other post here! )
Airtia S. Cauthon
Airtia S. Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2