Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

B.B.B To Do list #5

Go down

B.B.B To Do list #5 Empty B.B.B To Do list #5

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2009 6:02 am

Seleen was ready to get some work done on her Salon. She put on a pair of jeans and a black and cream colored tank top that looked like it had silhouettes of men dancing around on it. It was a good choice for the weather, but not so skimpy that she wouldn't be taken seriously when she was conducting business. She slipped on a pair of heels the color of the cream in the shirt and headed out of her room. She took her 'To Do' list with her as well as some sample books. And, of course, money.

B.B.B To Do list #5 MyBoysBlkCrmK

Her fist stop was to the lounge. Manny had brought a computer for the Inn patrons to use. It had been set up in the lounge and Venis had power boosted her WiFi connection from the house so that the Inn had the Internet now. It was a great help. She sat down a the computer and logged on. She was searching out addresses for the places she needed to go. There was the flooring sore, the furniture store, and the store that carried paints and wall-paper. She knew what she was looking for, so it was time to go get it approved, ordered, and paid for.

When she had her addresses she headed out of the Lounge. She sent Venis a mental link. ~Hey, I'm borrowing Rapture.~ She had no mount of her own, she couldn't ride a Clydesdale and Tasha's horse was too wild for Seleen to want to ride in heels. So Rapture or Empyrean were what was left. And she knew better than to ride Empyrean. Of course, she could always take Willow. But how would people in New Haven react to a woman flying in on a pink dragon? She figured Rapture was the better idea.

When she got to the tile store she went in. At first, no one was even trying to help her. But when she picked up two very expensive marble tiles and placed them next to each other for comparison, they were jumping a the chance to help her. She wasn't sure if it was because they were afraid that she would break the tiles, or if it was because they thought she was going to spend a crap load of money. Either way. Seleen was getting helped now. It was too bad for the eager employees though, she knew exactly what she wanted and how much she needed. There was no talking her into the most expensive tile in the place.

Back to top Go down

B.B.B To Do list #5 Empty Re: B.B.B To Do list #5

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2009 6:20 am

The first man on the scene to help the lovely lady was George. "Hi, welcome to Cole's flooring, how can we help you with your flooring needs today?" He looked her up and down. He figured this would be a rather small sale, but hey, small was better than nothing.

Seleen looked at the man and smiled. "I need black marble with red veins. I know I can't get it without some white in it, I'll have to live. The space is." She started making notes on a scratch paper to do the math. "And each tile is." She made more notes then she looked back at the man. "I need this many tiles of it." She showed him the paper.

George looked at the total and a grin spread across his face. A bit larger than he figured. "Did you add in a few in case of breakage?" He thought he was going to get one over on her with that one

Seleen looked at the man. "Of course, where do I have stupid tattooed on my face? I added a dozen." She knew to make allowances for such things, she wasn't stupid.

The man nodded. "Well, at the price per tile, plus shipping and handling, tax ... Do we need to install this, or do you have a guy?" Ok, well that was a little off handed, he of course had yet to see the ring on her left hand.

She gave him a look that screamed 'you're pissing me off bub.' She was not used to being treated in such a way. "I have someone to install it, yes. So no, you don't get the luxury of billing me for hours. Now, here is the address to where it is to be delivered. And my total?" She was really starting to want out of there. If only any other place in town had her tile.

George did his math and showed her the total she asked for. He had already grown tired of the woman's smart tone. Of course, he would never make the connection that her attitude stemmed from his own.

Seleen looked at the total and then got into her purse. She pulled out the gold pieces to cover it. "And I want that delivered right away. Do not even wait until tomorrow." She pulled out a few more gold for him as a tip to get faster service. Then she turned and walked away. Glad to be done dealing with that guy.

{{#5 done}}

Back to top Go down