Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

"Where am I?"

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

"Where am I?" Empty "Where am I?"

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:23 am

Running through the midnight gloom, her feet pounding the floor with a swift urgency. The baying of hounds sounded behind her and instantly her pace quickened, her breathing laboured and heavy. Her golden blond hair streaked out behind her as she ran, the wind pulling her hair back out of it's loose plait like it was trying to pull her. Ducking down lower, tears streaked out of dark brown eyes as she fought through the wind, desperately trying to run faster and escape her pursuers, though damned hunting hounds.

This was what she got for refusing her father's request she marry one of his friends sons, this was what she got for refusing a arranged marriage. Was it really her fault she wanted to be happy? Did he really have to set hounds on her because she had taken her money and tried to escape? Apparantly so, and now Amaya was fearing for her very life. Family honour meant more to her father than her life, and she knew just how nasty his dogs could be.

It was lucky for her she had been trained as a noble woman, that she knew how to wield a naginata and fire a bow and arrow, and that to wield these weapons she had been required to increase her fitness levels. Even riding a horse bareback required a high level of stamina and endurance, and she knew she could run fast...though she wasn't quite sure it would be fast enough.

The real stroke of good fortune was that her brother had been more of a modernist than her father, and he had provided her with trousers and a shirt for her to run away in, knowing that if she dressed in a yukata or kimono as her father usually made her, then she wouldn't stand a chance. His screams still rang in her ears, he had been caught helping her just as she had made her get away, and her father had not shown mercy.

The thoughts of her now dead brother made her feet fly, determined not to get caught and suffer the same fate as her brother, determined that his fate would not be in vain. She suddenly wished her aunt were still alive...well aunt in that the woman had been close to Amaya's mother. Yes, if her aunt were there then she'd sweep Amaya onto her horse and ride away with her, like she had with Amaya's mother many years ago.

She could still see clearly her aunts hair, so black it was almost blue, sweeping out behind her as she rode through the house defences, firing her bow and arrows better than any of Amaya's father's hunters, and sweeping Amaya's mother onto her horse, riding away from the misery that was home. Amaya could still remember the promise of rescue called by her mother, the promise she's clung to for five years, right up to her twenty first brithday and her current trouble.

Distracted by her thoughts, she tripped over a rock, falling and screaming with her eyes closed, waiting for the hounds to close in on her...but they never came. Opening her eyes and looking up she saw a large building.
"What in the world..." murmured Amaya as she stood up and walked towards the building, both confised and relieved. Entering she noticed it was some sort of inn, though not the same style of her home land.

Looking for someone who looked friendly she bit her bottom lip, trying to figure out what was going on. "Where am I?"

Back to top Go down

"Where am I?" Empty Re: "Where am I?"

Post by Leo Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:24 am

Wouldn't you know it. The only phone in this Inn and it happened to look like a shell. Leo had been looking for a phone all morning, it was a matter of needing one to save him the trouble of actually going out to the business.

Aside from that he had to make a few calls and somewhere in the ruckus of finding suitable lodgings his had gone missing. No matter. But why was this one in the form of a shell. A conch shell no doubt. Someone had a sense of humor about them. It was on the Reception desk and so he was there, his back turned to the door so he could see if any off the employees were heading his way.

Leo hadn't asked if he could use the phone and it wasn't like any phone he was use to. After a few trail and errors he was able to place the call that he wanted.

That would be the scene this young lady would see upon entering the Inn: a lankey man with short black hair, in a black blazer, back turned to the door and a conch shell up to his ear as he spoke into it. Stern business tone to his voice.

"Saturday. The ships coming in on Saturday and we've fallen behind in production by five percent. He's not going to be happy and neither am I. You all better get your --" he cut himself off when he heard footsteps behind him and turned his head to look. "Later." Shell was placed down on the desk and he turned to face the newcomer, a relaxed smile on his face.

"Mucho gusto seρora," in a much more relaxed and friendlier tone than moments ago. This could have been a different person than the one who had been speaking on the shell. "You are in the Tel'Ranaemyn Inn. You look lost. How can I be of assistance?"

He didn't work at the Inn, and had no reason to work for his room and board. But he was at the desk, and she was there, so he may as well be as helpful as he could.

Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:09 pm

I saw a man talking into some kind of shell, and was rather mystified by what he was talking about. His voice seemed rather harsh, but it was harsh in a sense of business, direct and going about what needed to be done. Hence I was unintimidated, and besides, my father had always sounded harsher. I don't even know why I was dissecting his voice, I didn't know him nor have anything to do with him...yet it was one of my habits, trying to figure people out, what they're like.

Then he turned to me, saying something in a language I was unable to discern, before talking in English, a language I had somewhat a grasp on due to my studies. It had been at my mother's insistance, before she left, and as always I had bowed to my mother's whims...she was all but a goddess to me, and my aunt also.

But yes, he said I looked lost, and that was most certainly true, more to the point, I wasn't just lost but I didn't know how I had come to be here.
"I am not sure how you can help," I said in jolting English, I had always been better at listening and reading the language than speaking it.
"But...if you could tell me, where this inn is? I do not think I am in Japan any longer," I continued, trying to find a rythme to the words, trying to make them flow. Oh how I hated sounding ungraceful, blame my mother and her utmost perfectness.

I forced myself to stay still and not figit, so that all but those once close to me would have no idea I was uncomfortable. I smiled a charming smile and did my best to remain calm and collected, refined. That was how I was raised, it would be how I died, unless of course something extreme happened.

It was doubtful anything too bad could happen, and even if it did I was sure I could deal with it...just I had a inner dread of losing poise and control, some would call me a control freak, I would just say I enjoy the security that control brings. Certainly I was out of my comfort zone right now, but nothing I couldn't handle.

"Oh I am sorry, I have just realised," I said suddenly, breaking my train of thoughts, "I am asking these questions of you, but you do not know who I am. I should introduce mysef, I am Amaya Fujino," I introduced, remembering my manners and determined I would be polite and every bit the Lady I was trained from birth to be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:33 pm

Leo never could get that harsher edge to his words. The edge that made people stand straight and shut their mouths for fear of punishment. No. It was never anything he seemed able to do. That tone was for his boss.

He listened to her speak, English clearly not her native tongue. It wasn't his either but he could speak it with ease. Occupational necessity. He knew, geographically, where she came from, pity that he didn't know any Japanese.

Leo was a good listener.

"You are in New Haven, a city - or town some say - in Rhydin. As that you don't know where you are, you didn't come here on purpose."

Crossing around the desk he approached her with his hand extended. The remainder of his outfit consisted of pressed black pant, polished shoes, and a deep purple shirt under the black blazer. "I am Eleuterio Mξnguez. You can call me Leo." Many had trouble pronouncing his name and therefore he offered an alternative.

"How is it that you came to be here?"

Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:48 pm

She had heard once of a place called New Haven, but never of a place called Rhydin, and she quirked a brow in curiousity. It was the once movement she made that betrayed what she was thinking, otherwise she still had a serene smile as if she were perfectly fine and nonchalant about the whole thing. Calm, collect, refined, a perfect Lady. Her breathing was even. Nervousness not betrayed, just simple movemnt of curiousity unveiled...not good enough...her mother would never have let the mask slip that much, she would have to do better.

His comment she had not come on purpose, followed by a question of how she'd came to be where she was, made her think for a moment, her eyes closing in silent contemplation before she opened them to reveil stoic calmness, hiding any other emotion as she spoke, her words flowing more easily as she spoke, beginning to remember her lessons.

"Running, I had been running," she said in a light tone, not betraying the darkness in her memory, "My brother had lent me his shirt and trousers, because my yukata would never have allowed enough room to move swift. The hounds came close, and my mind was hindered by memories. I tripped...and I landed away from my home soil," she explained, being careful with her English, trying to make it sound as refined as the Japanese she normally used.

It was difficult, because the English language had never sounded particualarly beautiful to her, but if it was for the sake of remembering her mother's teaching, it was worth the endeavor.

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:11 am

Running? Whom had she been running from? It had to have been someone since there was the mention of hounds. Causing him to ponder for a moment if she were not a runaway of some kind. That she said she tripped, he looked at the knee section of her clothes - they didn't seem to be damaged.

Leo moved around and took a look outside the door, to see if he could either hear or see any sight of these hounds before making his next statement. "The area seems to be clear at the moment. Come. Sit. You've been through an ordeal."

His hand ushered her towards the chairs by the desk area. "You are in need of a place to stay then? Something to eat?"

Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:33 pm

He displayed curiousity at her account, his eyes darting to the knee of her trousers. Not shielding, with no reason to shield, Amaya lmost let herself envy him. She could almost imagine what it would be like to freely express emotion, but no, that would never do. A easy smile and innocent eyes, a seeming indifference for the world, that was all she was allowed to show.

When he said the areawas clear, Amaya noded, alreay knowing, inwardly chastising herself for not explaining herself properly. "The hounds were of Japan, I do not believe they were able to follow me to my grassy landing," she said, trying to explain the lack of hounds and lack of damage to her trouser knee. Outwardly it was said with indiffrence, a light tone that could be taken as friendly, a student explaining a problem to a class mate perhaps. Inwardly, she was desperate to be believed, not wated to be thought of as a liar...to be a liar would be to shame the family.

However, even as she spoke she was moving towards the chair he gestured to, her steps silent now she had her composture, light and graceful movements, sitting down with her legs together and her hands clasped on her lap. She listened cordially while he spoke of a place to stay and something to eat. Food was a no go at the moment, she felt rather ill with the sounds of her brother screaming reverberating in her mind, but a place to stay was definately welcome.

"I am not need food at the moment Leo-san, but a place to stay would be most welcome," she said with another smile, lighter and more grateful, allowing herself that much freedom of expression so that he did not think her rude.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:08 pm

Madeline heard the conversation between the man and woman and walked over to the desk.

"Good day Ma'am would you like a room for the night." Madeline smiled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadmon Lennan Dewayne Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:09 pm

He saw the woman walk up and offer help to the lady that was here before him. He smiled and quietly waited his turn. It seemed he had found what he was looking for. Somewhere where no one knew him and he could make a fresh start.
Cadmon Lennan Dewayne
Cadmon Lennan Dewayne

Number of posts : 131

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:15 pm

Madeline smiled at the gentlman behind him.

"I'll be right with you sir. Please have some ale on the house."

Madeline walked to the bar, and walked back to the gentleman and handed him a drink.

"By thet way my name is Madeline, Welcome to The Wandering Hills Inn."

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:56 pm

Because she was rather nosy - and because you never know where people come from, and because she might happen across someone who had gotten here the same way she had, Vesta was nosing around the main area of the Inn. The reception desk to be more specific.

A small mass of people there. Looks like a couple were being helped. Shows just how much time she spent indoors, she didn't think she recognized the woman checking them in.

Then there was this other guy who was waiting to be addressed - the lady had given him something to drink. Hey, were those cowboy boots he was wearing? She walked up to him, stood right besides him at that, and started rocking back and forth in her shoes. Which happened to be black converse sneakers.

Vesta looked at his face, gave him a smile, then down to his shoes. "Nice cowboy boots."

What else was there to say.

Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Number of posts : 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadmon Lennan Dewayne Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:03 pm

"Nice to meet you Madeline, names Cad. Ale? Oh, beer, no thank you, I don't drink. Perhaps if you have a soda or maybe some juice? But I'll wait right here for my turn. Just need a room and a shower. Breakfast and a nap after that perhaps." He smiled at the lady as she helped the others. He rolled his eyes at himself for rambling on like that. He definately was one tired man.

He looked down to the lady who had just addressed him, at six four he was taller than most. "Thanks, names Cad. And to whom do I have the pleasure of speaking?" He smiled as he looked her over. She was cute. Looked like someone he would have hung out with at home. She looked like someone who thought outside the box. He hated conformists.

((I had started my own thread already, but if it would be easier for you ma'am, I can just continue here.))
Cadmon Lennan Dewayne
Cadmon Lennan Dewayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:19 pm

Vesta was far beyond any type of box, and she liked it that way. Where was the fun in everyone thinking like everyone else? That was not for her.

And she was not tall. He towered over her by at least a foot, seeing as she only reached a height of five foot five. Put her in a pair of boots and an extra inch or two could be added but, as for now, he head was probably at about his shoulder.

"Vesta." leaned in to him for a moment. "I came on the bus." ending with a slow nod of her head. Bait? Maybe he's heard of them? Maybe not.

"Where ya from? If you're not from around here then you should know that some strange things happen around here. Ever met a vampire? See a centaur?"

Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadmon Lennan Dewayne Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:27 pm

He chuckled. "If I had known that a bus could bring me here then maybe my horse wouldn't have gotten stolen. Vampires? Centaur? I suppose next you're going to tell me that there are Gods and werewolves too? Did I stumble into a Fantasy Renn Faire or something?" He smiled. She was defintely brightening his morning.
Cadmon Lennan Dewayne
Cadmon Lennan Dewayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:38 pm

"You know, I wouldn't be surprised. Nope, not at all." Stretching her hands above her head she folded them behind her head. "At the Gods and werewolves part. Though this place is too big to be a Renn Fest. Then again, I've never been to one before so i have no idea how big they actually can be."

Vesta could jabber on about anything if given the opportunity. Normally there was none. Didn't help that she wanted to talk about this odd and strange place. No one back home would ever believe any of this.

"To bad your horse was pinched. Coulda been housed in the stables round back and knocked heads with the Unicorn that's there. A word to the wise - don't bleed. My centaur friend came here with some blood on her back and it started a type of frenzy."

Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:03 pm

Madeline fixed Cad some soda, while he waited, and went back to her post waiting on customers, and loving her new jopb.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadmon Lennan Dewayne Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:36 pm

He took the drink. "Thank you ma'am." He looked back to Vesta. "Did I just hear you right? A unicorn? No way. That's crazy. My friends back home would trip." He was kind-of taken aback and overly exited at the same time.

"Hey, mabe later today you and I can go out to the stables. Right now I'm kinda just waiting to get a room so I can shower and eat and take a nap. It's been a long night." He smiled warmly. "I'm glad we ran into each other Vesta. Looks like we both have a lot of exploring to do. And did you say you had a centaur friend? Is it that lady over there by the bar?"

He pointed over to the bar where the lady Madeline was serving some guests and giving some papers to the lady who was trying to get a room. "Is she from around here or would she like to join us in our explorations?" He was hopeing that both women would like to keep him company, safety in numbers and all. He was not looking forward to getting robbed again.
Cadmon Lennan Dewayne
Cadmon Lennan Dewayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:15 pm

While Madeline waited for the lady to fill out her card for the room, Madeline took a couple more cards for Cad and the lady he was talking to fill out for their rooms.

" Ok guys just fill out these cards, we accept coins, or trade in services. Just let me know when you are done, and I'll get your room keys. Or if you need anything else, let me know."

With that Madeline went back to work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadmon Lennan Dewayne Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:24 pm

He took his paper with a smile and a nod. "I'm sorry, I only brought cash, perhaps there's someone around here who can exchange it for me?" He began filling out the paper while his new friend Vesta went over to see her centaur friend. He chuckled and shook his head. He read down the paper and filled in all the blanks. Then in his best possable penmanship he signed it.
Cadmon Lennan Dewayne
Cadmon Lennan Dewayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:31 pm

Hmmm Madeline looked for the Inn Keeper.

"Hold that thought, I'll go find her."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:10 am

Andrew was comming in from checking on the coaches. He was walking rather slowly wishing he could get around to a nap soon. He slowly started towards the bar so he could go through the kitchen to go back downstairs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:44 am

Madeline saw someone walking to the bar.

"Hello, my name is Madeline, how can I be of service?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:25 am

He stopped and looked to the lady adressing him. "Oh, I'm sorry, my name is Andrew, I'm with the party lodging in the basement. I'm not here to be in the way or be a bother. Forgive me M'Lady." He bowed to her and awaited his dismissal before proceding. Never walk away from a lady when she's addressing you directly. It was one of his masters' rules. He wasn't as well traveled as they were, but they always made sure he learned all the proper curtisies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:45 am

here were so many people, or so it seemed, and Amaya was suddenly very glad she was sitting down...after all it wouldn't be proper to faint in front of strangers. She took whatever papers were given to her and filled them out in shaky English, not able to make it look as beautiful as the kanji she normally wrote in, and frustrated though not visably so about it.

Then she turned to the woman who had enquired as to if she wants a room, Madeline if she had heard right. "Excuse me, Madeline-san?" she addressed, using the proper suffix and a short bow as was custom in her country, "I would very much like a room, but I am thinking you do not take Yen. Is there some other method of payment?" Amaya asked, very much hoping there was because she was so very tired. Sh hadn't been sleeping well at home, and then after her escape...it was all rather much.

A man spoke, asking a question that should have been addressed to her, rather than about her as it seemed, but no matter. Looking to the man who had earlier called himself Cal, she gave her blank serene smile and politely shook her head, "I am sorry, but I am weary for the while. Perhaps I would be welcome to explorations, on a different date? As my English friend used to say, 'you can look me up'," she said, doing her very best to sound polite and friendly without giving away too much of her own emotion.

It was a difficult task, but she managed it because she'd had years of practice. Remembering he wouldn't be able to look her up without her name, she introduced herself to him and the others around him in a cordial manner, "I am Amaya Fujino by the way...I literally stumbled onto this place."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:10 am

Madeline smiled warmly at Andrew. "No problem Sir, just let me know if I can be of service."

Turning her attention to Amaya, adeline smiled. "Actually I don't think that will be a problem, I just have to find someone who can help with the currency exchange. I will be just a few moments. Make yourself more comfortable."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next