Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

A broken man finds his way...

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A broken man finds his way... Empty A broken man finds his way...

Post by Derick Silverleaf Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:12 pm

He would stand at a cross roads, looking to both directions. Brow would be arced as those blues would look and ponder. Which way did the farmer say to go? Surely there would be signs he thought. Maybe he should have made that offer to the farmer after all. Not like he used the time piece anymore. Hell, not like the thing even worked any more. But.....it was the few things from his past that he had left. So, hopefully the farmer was in a good mood and actually gave the right directions. 'Course, it's a moot point if the guy couldn't remember said directions. With a short sigh, he would turn body to the left and start walking once again.

It had been so many years since he had set foot in these woods, let alone in this valley. So many memories of this place that he shared with so many people. All of that was gone now. It seemed his dull life had slowly built it's way up to the height of his happiness at The Alliance. But then, in one fall swoop.....gone. So he left, not wanting to look back. But look back he had done every day since. Many long and lonely nights he had spent. Tears in eyes as he slept. But, as the time went by, those emotions simply turned cold and empty. Maybe that's why he could finally get the strength the make the journey back?

As soon as he had entered the valley he started to wander where he would go. He couldn't go back to The Alliance, even if it was still standing. No, it was too soon for that. Chances would have it he would bump into just the right person and he would be off and running again, maybe never to return. No. He had to go somewhere new. So, as he traveled, he would ask every traveler that he would pass. Some said the cities of course, but even that was too noisy for what he wanted right now. But the other common thing he heard was,
"Try The Wandering Hills Inn. Th' place is always welcoming guests." So, it sounded like as good of a place as any to start this new life.

What seemed like years of travel was suddenly paying off. Looks like he chose his path wisely as the road would turn and he saw the inn. Crystal blues would pause and take in the sight. Could this be the beginning of a new life for him? Adjusting his pack a bit, he would stretch out his tired back. Dingy, faded green shirt would lightly flap apon torso as he started walking again towards the entrance. Booted feet thumping lightly on the steps before reaching the door. With a slight pause and a sigh of the unexpected, he would reach out to open that door.

Derick Silverleaf had returned to Rhydin. A torn heart looking to renew.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Number of posts : 163

Back to top Go down

A broken man finds his way... Empty Re: A broken man finds his way...

Post by Casandra Lightheart Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:09 pm

Casandra had been sitting in the lounge writing a letter. She had been sleeping over the last week but she was still lonely. It had now been more then a month since she had seen or heard from him. She was still worried but she had gotten the message. Stop looking.

She heard the front door open and looked up. Yes she could see the man from where she was. She looked around, not seeing anyone else she put her letter in her bag and walked over to the front desk. She smiled at the man green eyes making contact with his blue.

"Welcome to the Tel'Ranaemyn Inn, my name is Casandra."
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Number of posts : 1130

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:46 pm

Once inside, he would begin to take note of the room. He learned long ago to always asses a room before giving yourself to it. One of those small tidbits of education that can take you miles. Hand would reach back to close door behind as he moved further in. Leather pants loosely covering moving legs as he walked towards what looked like where he needed to go. Then, he would see the woman approach and go behind the desk. He would let crimsons form a small smile as he nodded.

Moving up to the desk, he would shift arms, letting pack fall from his back and into a hand, then to the floor to lean up against desk. As he looked to her, she could now make out a slight roughness to him. Both the leathers and that green shirt were dingy and was spotted with mud. Face almost matched, but instead of dirt, the once smooth skin was slightly now dried and a scar prominent on the right side of his jaw.

"Greetings, Casandra. It's a pleasure to meet you. Uh....the name's Derick. I, I am hoping there's a place to stay here. I was told this was the place to come for such."

His voice almost did not match his form at all. He seemed rough on the outside, but that voice was light and very courteous. Tends to be a rare quality found now a days. The world may be a cruel place, but he was never one to be cruel right back. He learned that long ago while under the service of his use-to-be King.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:58 pm

Cas' smile was warm and she took in the man's apearance with a grain of salt, she knew that She held out her hand to him. Her skin was soft and smooth almost like silk. She had more than one scar but they were not visable with the clothing she was wearing now. She had on a long straight black skirt and a silk emerald green dress shirt.

"Hello Derick, yes we have rooms avalible. I am not really sure where. I am a guest here, but I can keep you company while we wait for an employee."
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:12 pm

Hand would also be extended, taking in hers with a soft shake of greeting. Then, hands would come to rest on the counter. Head would be shaken just a bit to fling back a stray brown lock back where it should be. Blues would again start to roam. He would look to the booking desk, looking at what it supported. Maybe a guest book? But then, hearing that she was merely a guest, slinder brow would arc a bit as head slightly tilted.

"Oh, you are not? Oh...well....thank you for coming to greet me then. Not something I have been used to for a while. Um, well, then maybe you can tell me if I would be able to stay long here? I....I am rather new to the area. I will be needing a place to stay while I get myself up on my feet again. I mean....um, I need to get myself a job before I can find a stable home."

He did stumble over his words a bit. Half of his bring wanted to tell his tale in whole. The other, wanted to keep it hidden and closed. He will be in that struggle for a while. At least until he got his foundation built up once again.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:14 am

She smiled again.

"I have been here six months, I tend to great people when they come in. If the staff is not around that is."

She thought a moment.

"Well the Inn could always use help, I think the forge is looking for help. Do you know anything about horses?"
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:42 am

He couldn't help but smile a bit at her words. Looking back to her, he would not in acknowledgment.

"Well, actually, I have worked in several forges and smith shops. That's really how I supported myself as I moved around. I suppose that's one thing that is always needed no matter where you are. So, if that is what is needed, then I think I have found the perfect spot. But, are you looking for a black smith or weapon smith?"

He would turn his form a bit so that he could lean against the desk while still facing the woman. It had been a long trek.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:55 am

"Please, why don't we sit down while we wait."

She began to move back into the lounge.

"The one you need to talk to is Dreconis, he owns the forge."

She sat back down in the chair that she had recently vacated.

"What brings you to these parts? You look as if you have been traveling for a long while."
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:06 am

Maddie was making her way back to the front desk. as she passed by the lounge, she saw Miss Cas, and a stranger talking. She decided to stop in and say hello. "Hello Miss Casandra, and to you too Sir."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Number of posts : 1173

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:12 am

He would nod in agreement. Leaning over, he would pick back up his pack. Following her, he would sit in a chair across from her. Setting pack down between his feet. Then, form would almost melt back into the chair. Blues looking back to Casandra.

"Well, Um.....I have been. I...I used to live around here. A while ago. But, it felt like it was time to come back, so here I am. I'm actually looking to start a new. Hopefully this place will do the trick."

Then he would see the other woman come up to them. As he was recognized, he would smile up to her and nod to her as well.

'Hello there."
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:19 am

She listened to him and nodded, that was when Maddie came in.

"Hello Maddie, you are just the person I was hopeing to see. The nice gentleman is Derick, and I believe he would like a room."

She thought a moment.

"And I believe he would also like to see Dre, he is looking for a job and said he has worked in a forge before."
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:26 am

He would simply smile as the two conversed. Those crystal blues looking between the two. Sitting up in his chair now, hearing that she may be able to help him.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:12 am

Maddie smiled sweetly. "Nice to meet you,. My name is Maddie, I'm the inn desk keeper/bartender. I also work at the forge part time. If you follow me, I can get you set up a room and contact Dre."

"Thank you for keeping him company Miss Casndra, is there anything I can get for ya?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:26 am

"No thank you Maddie."

She smiled to Derick.

"It was nice to meet you, I do hope you enjoy your stay."
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:45 am

"Oh, thank you very much, Maddie."

He would stand, once again grabbing his pack. Bringing it to over his right shoulder, he turning back to Casandra.

"It was a pleasure to meet you. Thank you for the help, and the company. I suppose I will see you around."

With that, he turned to follow Maddie. He was very eager to get set up and started in his new life here.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:04 am

Maddie smiled as she lead Derrick to the front desk. While they were walking she tried to contact Dre.

~Dre there is a young man who his checking in, and wants a job at the forge, wanna come by and check him out?~
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:02 pm

He was working in the forge at that moment he got her link. He stopped and stood there a moment. Then sent one back to her, ~I am so glad you clarified that. was almost about to say i do not go that way and you know it. Will be there in a moment.~

He went into the darkest corner and entered the shadow realms. He headed to the inn and returned to the real world outside the inn. He walked towards the door, his talons digging up the earth. After entering and closing th door, he headed to a spot where he could see the front desk.

From this spot, the black scaled dracon would would look at Maddie and the one he was guessing she had linked him about. He wore a dusty loincloth and nothing else. His red orbs studied the man and Maddie.
Beastie
Beastie

Number of posts : 1596

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:38 pm

Once they reach the desk, he, yet again, would rest his pack down on the floor, leaning it up against the desk. Good thing all that was in there was some rations and some clothes or else he would be even more sore then he already was.

I....I am hoping to find a place to stay for a short while. Just long enough for me to get myself acquainted with the area. I've come from across the mountains, so I do not have a home here, or even people that I know. Luckily, I was told to come here.

Or at least no one that he thought would welcome him in. And he really didn't wish to go through the process of finding out the hard way.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:51 am

Once they reached the front desk Maddie went behind it, and and checked the books. "Yes we have rooms on the second and third floors."

She giggled when she saw Dre. "That was quick. "

She then nodded for Derrick to turn around. "Derick this is Dre Darkmane. Dre this is Derick Silvereaf."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:27 am

Nodding, he would glance down to the book she was looking to, then back up to her. Those blues lighting up when he heard for sure that he would have a room here. His first home in one spot, even if it was just temporary.

"Oh, thank you. Either would be fine with me. Not affraid of the stairs or anything like that."

And then, when he noticed that she was not speaking to him for the last few words, brow would arc a bit as he would turn form to face the direct that she motioned. Seeing the man, he would give a nod in greeting. Deffinately an interesting....man...but he has seen his fair share of oddities.

"Greetings."
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:34 am

How about this I'll put you in on the first floor down that hall to your left first room on the left. All I eed you to do is sign this." Handing him the sheet of paper.

"I'm also the inn barkeep too so if you gentleman would like a drink."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:49 am

Turning back to Maddie, he would smile and nod.

"That sounds perfect. Less worry of me stumbling down the stairs in the early mornings. Safer for everyone."

He would chuckle a bit at that. Then his attention was turned to the paper laid in front of him. He would begin to fill out all needed areas, thinking a bit here and there as to what to write.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:37 pm

He offered a nod to the man, a slight scale as he seemed to be just sort of dismissed. He let them finish the routine of signing in before he spoke. His voice low and even.

"You have worked forges before?"

His scaly arms crossed across his chest as he studied the male.
Beastie
Beastie

Number of posts : 1596

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:32 pm

Once all lines were filled, he set pen down and looked back to her with a smile. But then, he would hear the gentleman. Brow would arc a bit at that random question. How did he know he was looking for a job at the forge. He just got here.

"Um....yes I have. I was trained to care for horses and equipment. Then, made my first blade and helmet. And then, once I was on my own, I made a living working at smiths as I traveled around."
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:58 am

Tasha had been trying to treat Willow since Dre had told Venis she was sick. But it wasn't working very well. She had searched every book she had and was lost for an answer. So she got dressed and headed over to Casie's room. She knocked upon the door and waited for a few minutes. When she got no answer she headed down stairs.

When he hit the bottom floor she saw Dre first. "Hi Dre." A wave to him as she saw Maddie and a man she had never seen before. "Hey Maddie, excuse me for interrupting, but have you seen Casie today?" She smiled at the new man. But she headed to the desk to await an answer.

A broken man finds his way... JinglePurpA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next