Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Running away

3 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Running away - Page 4 Empty Re: Running away

Post by Guest Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:18 am

Manny smiled. "I am glad I could introduce you to something new. Now, this coffee has caffeine and you just added two sugars, so you might feel a little overly hyper and energized. Perhaps we can go for a ride later or something." He mixed some berries in his yogurt and took a bite. He was avoiding her question, he figured she would ask it again if she really wanted to know. So he sat down to eat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:34 am

She finished her coffee and then started drinking her water, she was not going to let the question go.

"What is it that gives you so much pain, who did you lose."

She began eating her yogurt.
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Number of posts : 231

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:01 am

Manny sighed and scratched his head. He figured he would need to get something done about the mess on his head and face. It always seemed to get unruly after Christmas because of the dyes and such. He looked at Gwendolan and took a deep breath. "When I was in my twenties, I married a woman named Jane. She was the love of my life. Fifteen years later, she divorced me. I thought that I had done something wrong. I had no idea what could make her end our wonderful marriage." He took another bite of his yogurt. And then another drink of his coffee.

Once his mouth was empty he began again. "Humans get this disease called cancer. I don't know if Elves do or not. It's this disease that attacks the body from the inside and basically kills it off. Jane had cancer." He lowered his head and scratched at his eyebrow for a moment. When he looked back up at Gwendolan his eyes sparkled with unshed tears. "She had divorced me so I would not be there to watch her slowly die. I fear I have not had another woman in my life in that special way since." He took a drink of his coffee right quick to keep the tears held back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:10 am

She kept eating while he talked. She liestened to him but she did not interupt. She did not know what cancer was but it didn't sound nice. She looked at Manny; she did not need to touch his mind to feel his sadness this time. Yes she was empathic.

"Manny from what you say she must have loved you very much. She tried to spare you the pain of watching her die. Let her go Manny, let it out and let her go."
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:20 am

Manny set his cup on the table again and waved his hand. He swallowed the coffee as he waved his hand. "No, no, no. I'm fine. It's been years since her passing. I'm ok, I worked through it." When he said worked through it he meant it literally. He had buried himself in his work and over the years he just didn't think about Jane any more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:29 am

She knew he was not being completely truthful but she let it go.

"I know what it is like to not take another, before last night no man but my father had dared to touch me in two hundred years, I have stayed away from contact with anyone."

She set her spoon down.

"I loved him, he betrayed that love, then he took my daughter, before last night I have not seen him in one hundred and forty years."

She closed her eyes.

"Why am I telling you all this? Why do you confuse me so much? I have spent the last two hundred years hiding, but I am talking to you."
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:41 am

Manny smiled at her. "I'm not sure why either of us is talking to the other. I just feel safe talking to you. I haven't spoken of Jane in so many years. It's comforting to be here with you like this Gwendolan. Thank you for that. Perhaps we could be ... Friends?" And he meant that purely in the platonic sense of the word.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:49 am

She looked at him fighting back tears, there was so much sadness and hurt in her eyes.

"I have not had a friend in two hundred years that wasn’t an animal."

She didn't know what else to say. Eros had been her first and her only. She had been young, too young for the sheltered life she had lived to recover from it. Her daughter was so much more like her father then Gwen wanted to admit.

"Emilia has been trying to get me to rejoin civilization for almost one hundred years. It took her giving me a granddaughter to get me to come out of hiding."
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:53 am

Manny smiled. "Than I thank the God's even more for Princess. For she is the reason I met you." He smiled and laid his arm across the table. His hand was open, if she didn't take it he would understand. He would only wait a moment and then he would brush it off and return to eating. But if she did take his hand, than he would take it as a sign that she wanted to be friends.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:01 am

She smiled and blushed again deeply.

"You like children?"

She did take his hand.

"What do you do for Casandra, you seem to know her employees well."
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:08 am

He smiled as she took his hand. "Yes, I love children." Oh, she didn't know, of course she didn't know. "Actually, I work for her best friend Venis, and so does Rosey, she came out here from Venis' place to help with this weekend. But Venis and Casie have been friends for so long, they loan employees to each other all the time and we are all like one big happy family." He gave her hand a very slight squeeze.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:14 am

She almost withdrew her hand when he squeezed it, but left it where it was.

"Who is Venis?"

Yes she was trying to get to know her new friend.
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am

Oh, that was a difficult question to answer. "Um, when you were in the ball room, did you see the woman in the red and white gown with the super long red hair that dragged the floor behind her, she would have probably been sitting beside Casie." He hoped that she had noticed her. That would make explaining her much easier.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:57 am

"Yes, I saw her, she is not human, she is a god, but also more."

Yes she now knew because of her time around Emilia that gods felt different.
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:08 am

Manny nodded before he nodded to her. Setting his cup down he continued. "Yes, she was born the daughter of a witch and a warlock in 1676 on Earth. My great great great a thousand times great Grandmother was her nanny. When she turned 21 she was run out of her home by her peers. She was turned into a vampire shortly after. My ancestor chose to stay with her as a maid and she married and had children and over the years it continued." He took a bite of his yogurt.

Once his mouth was empty again. "She was turned into a Goddess when she was about a hundred and forty. But she kept my family on through the generations and I am the last. Jane and I never had any kids." That thought hurt his heart. He had no one to carry on his bloodline, no children to leave to take care of Venis for him. He had gone from feeling like he was one of her children to feeling like a father to her, and he was going to leave her with no one when he was gone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:17 am

"Manny, you are yet young enough to have children. You just need to find the right woman."

She smiled at him.

"She has to be out there somewhere."
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:15 pm

Manny pressed his lips together for a moment before taking a drink of his coffee. "Perhaps you are right Gwendolan. But I am getting on in years. I am soon going to be too old to raise a child." To say nothing of getting too old to produce a child.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:20 pm

She smiled softly as she thought of her daughter.

"The joy of raising Emilia was taken from me."

She took another drink from her water and ate a piece of cheese. She looked lost again.

"Sometimes I wish I could have another chance, but I just don't know if I can trust another man."
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:37 pm

Manny just smiled. "There is plenty of time Gwendolan. Could I ask something of you?" He knew his Irishman was going to have something up his sleeve for next month. He was going to see if he could get her to participate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:56 pm

Gwen nodded.

"For me there is, I am still young for an elf."

She looked at him and wondered what he wanted from her.

"You can ask, I can not promise that I will do it."

She hoped that that would be sufficiant enough for him to ask.
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:04 pm

Manny let his thumb rub her hand gently as he held it. "I don't know what it is about you Gwendolan, but you amaze me. I would be most honored if you would join me for a day of merriment at the Inn where we stay. The seventeenth of next month, St. Patrick's Day. Would you please join me?" He would understand if she said no, but he was still hoping she would say yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:19 pm

She looked at him and then looked down at thier hands. She had almost forgoten that she had placed her hand in his. Now he was rubbing her hand with his thumb. She smiled at him and turned bright red as he told her she amazed him, he just confused her to no end.

"I um I guess I can... Will there be a lot of people there?"
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:38 pm

Manny smiled a rather large smile. "There will be some. I don't imagine it being the turnout that some would hope. Don't worry, I won't let anyone touch you. If you wear something green, no one will even try." He was so happy, something about her made him want to spend more time with her and get to know her better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:46 pm

She looked at him and nodded, he had a nice smile.

"You can promise me no one will touch me?"

She didn't understand what having green on and to do with anything.

"I don't have anything green, everything I own is white."
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:48 pm

Manny smiled and nodded. "Promise. And I will take care of the green for you. You will be safe with me." He meant it too. He would take the best of care of her to keep her safe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next