Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Running away

3 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Running away - Page 2 Empty Re: Running away

Post by Guest Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:37 pm

Manny smiled and nodded to her. "If you don't mind waiting here, I know where I can get you some dry clothes, warm clothes even." He rose from the bed and helped her close more of the blankets around herself. "I will be right back."

He left the room, making sure to close it behind him. He headed up to Tasha's room and went in. Tasha had permanent rooms in the castle, which meant she kept clothes here. So he went to her chest of drawers and pulled out a pair of sweat pants with a pull string at the waist and elastic leg bottoms. He also grabbed a big baggy sweat shirt. She had some unopened packages of underclothes in her top drawer, so he grabbed two pair, just in case.

He went to the closet and pulled out a pair of jeans. They were plain blue jeans, not even low rise. He didn't think Gwendolan would like something too sexy. But for a shirt, all he could find that wasn't too sexy was a button down, long sleeved, dress shirt. It would have to do. He didn't think she was the shoes and socks type, given she was barefoot in the snow. He just had to leave her a note and that was soon done. So he headed back to his room.

When he came in he took the clothes to her over on the bed. "I brought you some sweats for the night, to keep you warm. I brought a change of clothes for in the morning until they robes you're wearing can get laundered. The underclothes are brand new, took them from the package myself. You are welcome to take a shower if you wish. I am going to go see about a new room for me, and wait in the hall. You can come and get me when you are done, if you wish." He smiled as he got up to head to the door.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:25 pm

Gwen just nodded, was he avoiding her question or were her physical needs just that important to him. She let him close the blankets around her tighter. She was drained physicly and emotionaly, she had barely been aware that she let this man carry her. It was almost half a mile back to the castle from the tree line.

She sat there while he was gone and meditaited. How long had he been gone she had no clue, but when he came back she sent her daughter a link.

~I am back, I'm upstairs, one of the guests found me and brought me in through the servents entrance.~

None of it was a lie; Gwen didn't lie, she just didn't always tell the the whole story. She took the clothes from Manny, looking at them a bit confused. She figured it out and nodded.

"Thank you Manny."

She waited for for Manny to leave. When he was gon she dropped the blankets and stripped off the wet robes. It was not long before she was showered and dressed in the sweats. She went to the hallway.

"It is ok to come back in."

She sat down on the bed with his brush, she had no idea it was his, but she had to get the knots out of her hair.
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Number of posts : 231

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:06 pm

Manny came back into the room and sat in a chair. "You look like you're feeling warmer. In answer to your question before, you were upset. People should not be alone when they are upset. You're welcome for the clothes. Tasha will not mind. Is there anything else I can get you. I asked for some dinner to be brought up. I thought a salad sounded good, so I ordered two. And some water." He quieted then, giving her a chance to process.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:34 pm

She was brushing her hair out, it was almost to her butt. She was much calmer now and more relaxed.

"I am feeling warmer, as for not being alone when you are upset, I prefer being alone. My animal friends won't hurt me, they do not pretend to love me."

She stoped she felt like she had said to much.

"Please tell Tasha I said thank you."

She was trying to get a large knot out of her hair but it was in an place hard hor her to reach properly. One of the disadvantages of long hair. She sighed and put the brush beside her on the bed.

"Salad sounds perfect."
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:13 pm

Manny got up from the chair and slowly walked over to the bed. He had yet to change, he would do so when he went to the other room. "No one should pretend to love anyone. I'm glad you're warmer." He picked up the brush and crawled up on the bed to get behind her.

He gently started at the bottom of her hair and started to brush it out for her. "Alone is not all it's cracked up to be." He got the ends untangled and then moved up. "I will tell her your message, and I'm glad you like salad. I didn't think we needed anything heavy for dinner." He was being careful not to pull her hair out as he gently de-tangled it. Working for Venis his whole life had it's advantages.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:17 am

Gwen went stiff when Manny aproched the bed and shrank away from him. She didn't know what he was going to do till she saw him pick up the brush. She relaxed just a bit. She closed her eyes and just let him brush her hair.

"Thank you."
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:38 am

Manny smiled at her. He hadn't planed to scare her, there was no malice in his intent. He simply wanted to help her any way he could. And right now, brushing her hair was a help. He continued to move higher and when he got to the knot he carefully put his fingers into her hair and started brushing sections away from the knot. It was getting smaller with each stroke of the brush. "You are very welcome Gwendolan. I promise you, I will never come near you with malicious intent. I know what pain is, and I could never intentionally cause pain for another." He did know, he lived with the loss of his wife every day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:50 am

She was shaking again, but it was not fear, or anger. She was very cold again. She tried to keep herself from shaking while he brushed her hair. She had been a small child last time anyone had brushed her hair.

"It is a force of habit; it is hard for me to trust men."

She wondered what his pain was, she would not ask.
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:57 am

Manny nodded as he had gotten the knot out of her hair without a single ouch. "Maybe, someday, you will relearn to trust men." He considered himself an extremely trustworthy man. But he would never toot his own horn like that. He continued to brush her hair in long stroked from the top of her head down. When he noticed she was shaking again, he gently lifted her hair and pulled the blankets up around her shoulders with one hand. Then he put her hair down over the blankets and continued brushing it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:08 am

She pulled the blankets tighter around herself.

"Thank you Manny, I just don't know, after what Eros did, I just."

She started to cry silently.

"Why, why would he make me think he loved me, why would he steal our child?"
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:18 am

Manny knew it was risky, but he placed a hand on her shoulder gave it a gentle squeeze. "Some people care more about themselves, and what they want, than they do about others. Men and women both. Perhaps he just wanted a daughter or son and wanted to make sure they had good genes. So he chose a beautiful woman ... You." He didn't remove his hand yet, he was hoping it would be some comfort to her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:25 am

She stiffened but didn't move; a few minutes later she began to relax again.

"What if he does this to someone else, what happens if he tries to take my grandchild from Emilia?"
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:33 am

Manny removed his hand once she had relaxed a bit. He returned to brushing her hair, it was therapeutic. "I don't think he would, she's not blood after all. But there's less worry of that happening anyway. Venis is back now. And she considered Emilia and her daughter family. Venis will stop him if he tries." Manny seriously hoped he was right. He knew she would try to stop him, question was, could she.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:43 am

She looked at him and nodded.

"I do not know who Venis is, but I am happy that my daughter is not alone."

She was comfortable enough to lay down now.

"What can you tell me of the man my daughter was with? The way that he kept his hand on her back and how he spoke of her, does he care for her?"
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:51 am

Manny moved so she could lay down and he covered her up before getting off the bed. He walked over to the chair and sat back down. "Venis is the Goddess of Fire and Protection. As far as JonLouis, he is a perfect French gentleman. He seems to care a whole lot about Emilia. He doesn't want to change her. He cares about her just the way she is. He thinks her perfect. He takes very good care of her." Manny knew all these things for fact. He was just a little worried that she would be hurt when he left. And he chose to leave that part out for a moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:55 am

"He is not human?"

She was almost sure he was not; she had not seen him eating with the others. The thought again for a moment.

"Do you think Emilia cares for him?"
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:59 am

Manny bit his bottom lip for a moment. "No, he's not human. He's a vampire. Almost 13,000 years old in fact. And I think that there is something in her that cares for him. But I don't think her feelings are so strong that he would want to die without him." That was easier than he thought it would be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:06 am

"At least she has learned to care for a man, that is more than I can say, and more than I expected from her."

She looked down at him.

"I am sorry I hit you."
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:14 am

Manny nodded in silence as she spoke of caring for a man. Then she apologized for hitting him. "Think nothing of it. I had violated your personal space. But I couldn't stand to see you so upset." He smiled. She seemed to be a little more relaxed. He was making progress. While they were talking there was a knock upon the door. Dinner had finally arrived. Manny let them in and they served them and left again. Manny smiled more as he sat down to eat. Gwendolan's plate had been taken to her on the bed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:53 pm

She moved enough to sit up in her bed so she could eat. The salad had a ton of fresh veggies and she was enjoying it, she was dipping every few bites into the dressing that was left on the side. She could onlt eat about half the large salad the brought her. She placed the plate on the table beside the bed and drank deeply from the water. She waited in silence while he ate.
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:43 pm

Manny ate his salad with a fork and knife because he hated opening his mouth too wide. But he finished his salad about the same time she did. He got up and gathered the plates to take them to the door for the servants to pick up later. "I would imagine you're rather tired."

He went over to his chest of drawers where he had already put away his clothes and got out something to sleep in and a change of clothes for the next day. "I can leave now and go next door to my new room if you would like to get some rest." He sat the things down on the table along with he other little things he would need for his shower and such.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:44 pm

Gwen had laid back down and curled around a pillow. She looked so small lying there like that. She looked back at him blue eyes blinking a few times.

"I don't know what I want, I am so confused right now."

She meant it too, she didn't want him to touch her but she didn't want him to leave either. Somehow he was making her relax.
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:17 am

Manny had an idea he hoped would work. "I can sit here until you fall asleep. Then if you wake and need me, I will be right next door." Maybe that would make her more comfortable. "Out the door and to the left, next door on the same side of the hallway. I will leave the door unlocked in case you need to get in." He smiled, hopefully it was comforting. "I will, of course, lock yours when I leave so no one will bother you."

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:08 am

Gwen was so tired. She listened to what Manny had said and nodded at him. He was being so nice to her; she was confused perhaps it would come to her while she dreamed. She listened to him tell her he was in the next room.

"Thank you Manny."

She watched him as her eyes became heavy; she closed them and was fast asleep within about five minutes.
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:25 am

Manny sat there quietly and waited while Gwendolan fell asleep. Once her breathing had changed within the quiet room, he gathered up his things and headed out the door. He made sure to lock the door behind him before pulling it closed. He headed to the room next door. He wasn't planning on going to bed so early, but then again, he hadn't planned on having such an adventure either.

He asked one of Casie's employee's to get the things he was supposed to get as gifts from down in the ball room. He had known about the little buckets of chocolates from Venis and he had a little heart shaped bottle from Epiphany, even though he didn't know about that. He also sent a note down to Venis and one to Casie. Both read that he had gotten busy with a distraught guest and was going to bed early.

Once all that was taken care of, he took a shower and got ready for bed. Normally he slept in his boxer shorts. But given that there was a chance of Gwendolan coming in his room, he chose to sleep in sweat pants and a t-shirt. He climbed into bed once the servant returned with his things from the ball. He thanked her, placed everything on the table, and then went to bed and fell fast asleep himself. He had kept his word and left his door unlocked for her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next