Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Running away

3 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Running away - Page 3 Empty Re: Running away

Post by Gwendolan Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:50 pm

Gwen fell asleep fast but about an hour later she woke up, something was nagging at her. She reached out and found her daughter dancing with JonLouis. She smiled softly, it was not intentional, but she got the impression of Emilia's feelings at the moment. Emilia was happy; aparently she did care about the man.

~Emilia, I am sorry to bother you. I don't want you to stop what you are doing I just had a question for you.~
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Number of posts : 231

Back to top Go down

Post by Emilia Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:06 pm

Em had been thinking of JonLouis and being in his arms, her thoughts had been of him when her mothers mind touched hers.

~It's ok mother, what can I do for you?~

She wanted to aske her mother who she was with the only people she saw missing was Vesta and Aiden, Gawain and Airtia, and Manny. She had a feeling the couples were off by themselves, that left Manny, was her mother actually alone with a man? Not that she was worried Manny would never do anything to her mother.
Emilia
Emilia

Number of posts : 496

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:33 pm

~Yes Emilia, it was Manny I was with, but I am alone now, and I have questions so many. I want your permision to search your mind for what you know of Manny while I sleep.~

She knew it was a very strange request coming from her and one she rarely made. The only reason she was even able to do this was because Emilia was her flesh and blood.

~I am confused about why I can relax around him, but still hit him when he tried to comfort me.~
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Emilia Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:19 pm

~You are confused because Manny is a good man, you sence it because he keeps his heart on his sleave. I have told you before that as much as I hate what my father did to you, as much as I sometimes hate him for it; not every man is like that. Manny is one of the good ones, search what I have seen and heard.~
Emilia
Emilia

Number of posts : 496

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:51 pm

Gwen had her permission and her daughter’s opinion. She curled back up with the pillow and let her daughter’s knowledge of the man fill her mind as she went to sleep.

While she slept most of what she saw was glimpses of Manny here and there, seeing him in the hallway, in the kitchen, always working. Emilia's subconscious mind saw more then she knew.

There were two very vivid memories; him dressed as Santa at Christmas handing out presents to the children in the orphanage. The other was a more recent memory of Emilia talking to her daughter about a tea party that Manny set up for her when he had watched her during an emergency.

She found herself thinking, more than dreaming then her mind touched Manny's she hadn't meant to do it, but before she pulled away she felt a great pain and sadness. She left his mind right away. All she could sense when touching a person's mind she was not related to were feelings. What she felt from him broke her heart, that was the pain she felt when she lost her daughter.

She woke up and swung her feet to the floor; she left her room and went to Manny's. She opened the door and closed it quietly behind her; she walked over to the bed and touched his head. She began to whisper softly in elvish. As she was speaking the other hand went to his heart.

"Sai aeri si val eil taji paes myr, Ai vali oli cal ol os caer si oraes ol os caes. Ai tylaes si val Ai tal's saji air eirdae, oli bol'm vaer Ai tal koli si sydae."

A gentle light filled the room as she began to softly glow. She hoped it didn't wake him.

(To ease the pain and make dreams stop, I place one hand on your head the other on your heart. I cover the pain I can't take it away, one night's rest I can give thee today.)
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:22 am

Manny wasn't one for nightmares. In fact, he wouldn't be able to tell someone the last time he had one. And as he laid there sleeping, nightmares were not exactly an issue. But he was a bit restless and he was rather sad as well.

When Gwendolan laid her hands on Manny and chanted in Elvish, Manny didn't hear her. He didn't even really feel her. But as he stirred slightly in his sleep, she would know it had worked. Gone from his face was that look of sadness and pain. It was replaced by a look of contentment and maybe even a hint of happiness. He would rest well for the remainder of the night.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:34 am

Gwen smiled as she saw him become more restful. She laid down on the couch. She had intended to watch over him, but she fell asleep. When morning came Manny would find her on the couch.
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:03 am

It didn't take until morning for Manny to find her. He woke in the middle of the night to use the rest room. Seeing her upon the couch brought a smile to his face. He walked over and gently scooped her up in his arms. He carried her over and placed her on the bed and covered her up. Then he took an extra pillow from the bed and a blanket as well, and he went to sleep on the couch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:36 am

Gwen was so tired from everything that happened that day; she barely stirred as Manny picked her up, and placed her in the bed. She slept until dawn.

When she woke she was disoriented, she didn't know where she was. She remembered lying down on the couch, but now she was in a bed. She sat up and looked around, that was when she saw Manny on the couch, and he was still sleeping.

She got out of the bed and walked to the balcony, opening the doors she stepped out into the cold morning air. She said a prayer for the new day and looked out into the garden.
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:50 am

The cool air rushed into the room when she opened the doors. This brought Manny back to consciousness. He sat up on the couch and looked over at her out on the balcony. "By the God's you are breathtaking in the dawn's early light." He turned so red he could have been Rudolph's nose.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:48 pm

Gwen had not intended to wake him. When he spoke she jumped and turned to face him. If it was possible her face was even redder than his.

"I um.. I.. I.."

She stammered she was not sure what to say. Not even Eros had called her beautiful. He always compared her to a sunset, or the ocean, the skys. He had never just called her beautiful.
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:37 am

Manny got up from the couch and slowly walked towards her. "I didn't mean to startle you. But I had to say it. Because you truly are beautiful." He stepped out onto the balcony and brushed back some hair that the breeze was blowing into her face. "Are you hungry? We could get some breakfast." He wasn't sure what she would like so if she said yes, he would just have to ask.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:03 am

Gwen was still not sure how to take Manny, she knew from being around him the last few hours, and what she had seen from her daughter that Manny was a good man.

She was still blushing deeply; she froze for a moment when he reached for her.

"I'm sorry, I just don't know what to say and I am not used to being touched by a man."

She did relax just a bit.

"Breakfast, would be good, I think I'm hungry."
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:51 am

Manny smiled as he looked into her eyes, they were like pools of tropical water just waiting to be dived into. His voice was soft as he spoke to her. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you, you were just so ... Beautiful. What can I get you for breakfast?" He didn't make another move towards her, even though he wanted to. He wanted to hug her or something, anything to make her feel better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:09 am

Gwen just stared at him. His eyes were so kind; she just didn't have it in her to trust him completely. She could see that he wanted to do more to comfort her.

"I don't eat meat, so fruits and cheese, then maybe you can tell me why I felt such sadness in you last night. I have to apologize I touched your mind last night while I was sleeping, the pain I felt tore at my heart, I came here to help you."

She looked into his eyes.

"I am truly sorry for the intrusion. It was not intentional"
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:22 am

Manny smiled at her. It wouldn't be the first time someone had brushed his mind. Probably not the last either. "Think nothing of it. It was no intrusion as I didn't even know you were there. Let me go take care of breakfast, I will be right back." He didn't say anything about the pain she had felt when she brushed his mind. He would save that for later if she truly wanted to know. In the mean time, he headed from the room to find someone to bring up breakfast.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:12 pm

"But I knew I was there and it is considered rude to go uninvited in to the mind of a person that you are not related to or bonded to."

She managed a small smile.

"Thank you Manny."

When he was gone she moved into the room and closed the door to the balcony. She sat down on the couch and pulled her knees up into her chest. She waited for Manny to return.
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:47 pm

He smiled as he closed the door behind himself and headed to he kitchen. He didn't have to go all the way to the kitchen as he ran into Rosey along his way. "Hey Ro, could you bring up some fruits and cheeses to my room, and some bottled water, two of them. Maybe some yogurt or something too?" He smiled at the young lady, he knew she wouldn't question his requests.

Rosey smiled at Manny. Two bottles of water meant that Manny had company in his room. Perhaps it was the person who had his attention and kept him from joining everyone at the ball. "Right away sir. Did you want your coffee too?" All she could think was 'good for Manny' as she saw him nod to the coffee idea. She smiled and curtsied before heading back to the kitchen to fill his breakfast order.

In the mean time, Manny returned to his room and went to sit on the bed, not wanting to sit too close to her and risk upsetting her. "Gwendolan, I don't want you to worry about the brush, I promise you, it was fine." He knew she had asked a question, he just had no idea how to answer it. "Breakfast is on it's way. Fruits and cheeses just like you asked. Bottled water to, I wasn't sure what else you would like." He knew it wouldn't be long before breakfast was there. He thought they could talk over breakfast.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:57 pm

She looked at him and smiled.

"That sounds perfect, as far as what it is, as long as it is not meat I would have at least tried it."

She thought a moment.

"Thank you for your forgiveness; I still do not understand why you confuse me."
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:21 pm

There was a knock at the door. Manny got up to answer the door. It was Rosey. He stood back and let her bring in the tray she was carrying. She brought it in and set it down. "Can I get you anything else sir?" Manny smiled at the woman. "No, thank you Rosey. I'll see you later." He continued to hold the door for her. Rosey turned to leave and curtsied to the woman on the couch. "Mornin' ma'am." Manny gave her that look on her way out the door. She knew that the look meant that she was not supposed to tell anyone that there was a woman in Manny's room. She knew that so she nodded and left.

Manny closed the door behind her and walked over to the tray. There was a carafe of coffee and two cups. Two bottles of water, two bowls of plain yogurt, pineapple chunks, quartered strawberries, blueberries, chunks of cantaloupe and honeydew all in separate bowls. Then on small plates there were little squares of cheddar, swiss, Monterey jack, and pepper jack cheeses. There was also sugar cubes, little cups of flavored creamers, and a little jar of milk. There were napkins, and forks and spoons and toothpicks upon the tray as well. They had thought of everything.

Manny poured himself a cup of coffee. "Gwendolan, do you drink coffee?" He held in his pouring for a moment while he waited for her to answer him. He would be more than happy to pour her a cup as well. While he waited he poured a little cup of chocolate cream in his coffee. He watched the cream mix with the coffee with a childlike smile, sometimes it was the simple things that gave him the most pleasure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:04 am

Gwen nodded at the woman and moved over to the table she set the food at.

"Thank you."

She sat down and looked at the food and then at Manny.

"What is coffee?"

She was already taking food from the trays. She mixed the fruit into the yogurt and took some cheese from the plate as well. She watched as he put the liquid from the little cup into the big cup. The smile he had as he watched whatever happened was one of pleasure.

"What happened?"
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:23 am

Manny chuckled. "I like watching the creme as it mixes with the coffee. Here." He poured a cup of coffee for her and set it in front of her. He looked at the cremes and thought that chocolate was the best bet for a flavor that wasn't too pungent. He handed her the creme. "Pour this into the coffee. Then watch what happens. The taste might be a shock at first." He waited to see how she would react.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:35 am

She took the small cup of creamer and poured it slowly into the coffee. She watched as it mixed in and lightened the color of the coffee. Smiling at the swirls it made she picked up the cup placed it to her lips and took a small sip. She swallowed and made a face.

"It is bitter."

She put it down and picked up the bottle of water, she shook the bottle and turned it sideways and then upside down.

"This appears to be a container of water, how do I open it?"
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:41 am

Manny chuckled. Her face was so cute. He picked up a sugar cube with the tiny tongs and dropped it into the coffee for her and mixed it with a spoon. "Try it now. I didn't want to make it too sweet." He picked up the other bottle of water and showed her how to open it. "You just twist open the top of the bottle like this." His demonstration was as clear as he could make it. "But not all bottles of liquid open this way, for future reference." He had the lid off and he took a drink before re-capping it and putting it back on the tray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:56 am

She looked at the coffee and opened the bottle.

"This is a bottle?"

She took a drink to get the bitter taste out of her mouth and picked up the cup and took a sip, she made another face although not as bad as the first one. She did exactly what he had done and picked up a sugar cube with the tongs and stirred the coffee. She took another sip, of the coffee.

"This is better."

She took a bite of the yogurt.
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next