Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Back to Basics (open)

4 posters

Go down

Back to Basics (open) Empty Back to Basics (open)

Post by Madeline Cauthon Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:45 am

It had been a few years since Madeline was given leave from the White Tower to pursue what her visions were warning her about. She was beginning to wonder if she had read more into her dreams than what they were. Not that she was complaining mind you. Since arriving in New Haven, she had met up with old friends, made new ones. And even discovered family she didn't know she had.

Still, she felt the need to take the time to check in where she was originally sent. So she took a few days off of her father's Inn and made her way to New Haven. To her half sister's Inn. After walking in, she made her way to the bar and took a seat. Madeline was fairly sure her sister wouldn't mind if she made her self a drink, but she thought best if she would wait to be served. After all she spent most of the time serving others at her father's place. Why not be a customer for a change.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Number of posts : 1173

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Back to Basics (open) Empty Re: Back to Basics (open)

Post by Calanon Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:32 am

And here he came, stumbling into the bar area, tangled up in his nay blue coat; his green hair going flayed and disshelved from how he was twisting around.

"By the gods!" Grunting he was as his arms were now stuck behind his back and this elf was trying hard to free himself. He didn't know anyone else was there at the moment and he gave a hard pull and tug with his arms in the sleeves of that coat that the poor fellow knocked himself off his own feet, bumped into a chair (causing it to fall over) and he went down. "Dear Eru!"

By the entrance there was such a clatter, made by the young elf - oh whatever was the matter? How'd his hands and arms get stuck inside his coat? Flopping around on his side trying to get free - surely this was no joke!

"Why must I have the worst luck with this place!" He sighed rather dramatically and blew the hair out of his face, to bad he didn't know someone else was there!
Calanon
Calanon

Number of posts : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:14 pm

Madeline turned around when she heard the commotion from the entrance. Madeline gave a comforting nod and stood from her seat at the bar. Putting her hands in the back pocket of her black leather pants, she walked about half way over. "Need some help there?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Calanon Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:28 pm

He could have been imagining it - hearing another voice in the room. There wasn't anyone there, no, couldn't be, especially not a female voice! Maybe if he just closed his eyes, shut them really really tight -- aw what was he thinking! He could do this, no need to be embarrassed!

So, he cleared his throat and made the best effort that he could to not look overly vulnerable while laying there tangled on the ground. One of the good things that he had going for him - his face wasn't covered so this pretty lady was given one of his charming pearly white smiles!

"It's the oddest of things, really, this predicament that I'm in," Alyan said while laying there on the floor. "My coat and this chair here have decided to tangle me up. Imagine that?"

He would offer her a hand, ask for a hand up, but come to find out that his hands were in that jumble mess. "If you could... I'd much rather talk to you from an upwards position than here on the floor."
Calanon
Calanon

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:35 am

"Not a problem," she said as she walked over.

First Madeline set the chair back up and away from the both of them. Very carefully she lifted the elf to a standing position, and then proceeded to try to help him free his arms. "Actually I kind of can imagine it around here. I was once greeted by a set of eyes and a set of hands here. That's it!!"

Madeline flashed the patented Cauthon smile as she tried to help him. "My name is Maddie
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Calanon Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:44 pm

"A set of eyes and hands you say?" He was certainly surprised at that. Just imagine being greeted by only those things, my they must have had a lot of charisma to not have someone running at the sight! This meant he had to work harder, can't let limbs get the better of him.

He would try for a compliment while she was helping him to his feet. "What a fine set of arms you have. Perfectly attached and extremely useful." Okay, so maybe that wasn't well thought out . . . He helped her help him by pulling at his own arms to free them and in no time at all this one had full use of his extremities once more!

"Ah! There we go. Thank you so much Maddie. My name," he took a pause to push back his dark green hair behind a pointed ear, "is Alyan Calanon. Elf of many talents."

What those talents were, well, we won't get into that yet
Calanon
Calanon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:42 pm

It was a wonder that Aurora had gotten out of the whole her Father had dug for her! After their long talk, during which she had quite honestly expressed her own innocence in knowing of one of the Inn's particular inhabitants, her father had still been quite adamant about her helping him arrange his rooms to his liking and getting in contact with her Brother. While she hadn't had much luck getting Frost to answer the summons, she hadn't taken much time to enjoy her 'vacation'.

Which precisely explained why she was headed for the bar. While she did not drink to excess in the manner that her father had when he had been more ... himself ... she did enjoy a drink now and again. Though it seemed she would also have company! The prospect was exciting, she had always lived a bit of a sheltered life. One that she was eager to occupy with other individuals! With such in mind, she was moving into the doorway. Glancing momentarily at Madeline, a servant perhaps? She was assisting the male out of his coat. While the two hadn't appeared to have noticed her just yet, she studied the two of them. Not a servant, at least not a good one. No livery or natural deference was apparent, then perhaps she and the male ... elf it smelled like ... were a pair?

"And most know me as Aurora." Smoothly interjecting herself into the conversation. She was a young woman, appearing in her late teens. Her taste of clothing was a tad outlandish a tight fitting silken vest hugged her waist, it's pale blue hue as nearly aquamarine in shade. The small silver buttons that clasped it shut each in the shape of a faintly curved claw. Beneath the vest she was wearing a white off the shoulder shirt that had long voluminous sleeves, which were cinched just above her slender bicep with a lace ribbon that matched her vest in shade. Her waist was clad in a pair of capri's, the hue was just a tad darker than the vest. A feat finding a shade as close as it was in denim!

Of course, the feature that most often drew the eye was the startlingly intense color of her hair, a wonderfully vivid shade of blue that would be near impossible to match with a dye. Then of course there were those sapphire colored hues that she had inherited from her father. The intensity in them surprising, for one who otherwise seemed quite 'normal'. "I hope I'm not interrupting anything. I heard talking and haven't been able to get away from my tasks long enough to meet to many people here at the inn."

She was headed their way now, flat clad feet quiet. Offering her hand to Madeline in a plain shake, though Calanon was presented her hand palm down, fingers faintly lowered.
Aurora
Aurora

Number of posts : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:06 am

Madeline gave he elf an appreciative grin. "Pleasure to meet you as well glad I could be of service."

Madeline turned and smiled at the young lass. Accepting the shake of her hand. "Nice to meet you Aurora, The name is Madeline Cauthon. But everyone calls me Maddie. Pleasure to meet you."

"I actually just got here myself. Was looking to see if anyone was working the bar, but I guess not. Oh well." With that Madeline walked around the bar like she owned the place..or at least like she used to work there. Picking up a shot glass and the bottle of whiskey she poured herself a shot. Grinning, she sat the glass down and looked to Calanon and Aurora. "Now, what can I fix you two?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Calanon Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:55 pm

Blessed Eru must be finding favor with him today! Slip up, get tangled in a coat and chair and then he has not only one lovely female at his side, but he has two! This act of tangleation must be done more often if it produces results like this one! What was he to do here? This was certainly not the time to go into his skills (or lack thereof) when it came to pleaseing two women at once (whoa!) and as Maddie was making her way to the bar again he was only left with the dangling fingers of Aurora.

He took her hand in his elven grasp and kissed the kniucles. "Pleasure to meet you Aurora." She did get one of his awesomely brilliant smiles before he let her hand go.

Well now! Now he almost didn't want to continue on to do what it was that he was going to do before everything had happened. Who said that he couldn't bring them along! Or ask if they wanted to come along. He was even being asked to have a drink.

"Yes. Yes of course! How ever could I refuse a drink from a lovely face?" He gave his reply to the one at the bar. "And as we all have a drink," because he couldn't believe that Auroroa wouldn't drink with them, "I can tell you two about my brilliantly brilliant plan that I need help in achieving."

Calanon
Calanon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:33 am

It was never wise to count your blessings before you learned whether they truly were! Aurora smiled a charming little flash of pearly whites, that perpetually pouty mouth of hers had just a touch of mischievousness. Nothing to be alarmed about, she just seemed amused. A secret little smile. "Madeline. I'm glad to make your acquaintance! Though do you prefer Maddie?" Asking just to be sure, she wanted to be sure she wasn't stepping on any toes! At the same time she didn't want to sound as stuffy as her Father!

Calanon certainly understood the gesture and the fact that he had indulged her old fashioned-ness left her grinning all the wider, something that made her visage seem less composed or designed. "The pleasure is all mine, Milord." Now was there just a hint of a tease with that title? It certainly wasn't out of the question, though she wasn't giving the elf too long to study her features to try and sort it out. She was quick to head to the bar. Giving Calanon an opportunity to check out far less informative assets, though ones that wouldn't be missed. Especially since he had already seemed to have noticed just how lovely both Maddie and Aurora were. Even if Maddie seemed content with playing the part of barkeep, Aurora wasn't about to let her simply glide out of the conversations and attention. Soon she was making her way to perch her petite frame, upon the edge of a stool. Long hair spilled down her back as she leaned onto the bar, forearms resting over it's polished surface, hands lightly clasped in each others grip. Affording Maddie the chance to spot a rather conspiratorial smile before Calanon had made his way over.

Girls had to stick together, didn't they?

"Well seeing as your treating ..." This tossed out casually, as if the idea of her paying for her own drink was silly. "Then I wouldn't mind having a glass of wine or two. Red if you would." Perhaps her tame choice might disappoint, but she did prefer to have her wits about her!

Though the sudden promise of a story and of some brilliant idea, her interest was piqued, leaving her shifting in her seat, jean clad rear more securely sliding into the contours of the stool; as she turned to Calanon. "A plan? Whatever are you planning for Calanon?"

Aurora
Aurora

Number of posts : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:55 am

Madeline smiled and grab a bottle of a dark Merlot and poured Aurora a glass. "Maddie is fine."

"Calanon, whats your pleasure?" Madeline smiled at both of them, fully picking up on Aurora's subtle hint. "And yes do fill us in on this plan."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Armandeus Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:21 am

Well now, what was this? Armandeus had been heading up the steps from the storage room with a bag of flour when the faint rumble of voices coming from the bar caught at his sensitive hearing. Pausing at the head of the steps, the elf tilted his head towards the wall separating the areas and listened. Ah-ha! There it was again, although now that he was closer the sounds were somewhat louder despite being muffled by the wall.

While he couldn't make out what was being said (his hearing wasn't that good!) the sounds were unmistakable - there were people in the bar area which meant he needed to get out there! Crossing the kitchen to place the bag of flour on the island counter he turned and headed towards the kitchen door. Pushing it open he stepped out into the bar area only to see. . "Madeline? Alyan?" And sweet Eru, would you look at the blue hair of that girl!? That had to be the bluest blue hair Armandeus had ever seen and for a moment he couldn't help but stare, eyes boggled, before coughing and looking at the other two before lamely tossing in: "I came to see if you needed anything from the kitchen..."
Armandeus
Armandeus

Number of posts : 179

Back to top Go down

Post by Calanon Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:34 pm

Alyan's perfect lean against the bar put him in position to give both lovely ladies his charming smile, though he couldn't just smile at them. Oh no. Maddie offered drinks and to turn it down would be social suicide - especially since the two of them could potentially help him out.

"I'll take a glass of your favorite brew." seemed like a smashing idea to him! Elves did have a good tolerance for things of that nature. He hoped. Really he was going in speculation as he only ever had a light drink back at home on Genisis and that was an experience he would NOT be talking about at this time.

"Now, here's the thing," that's how he started off, and he pushed a hand through his dark green hair for dramatic effect. "I would do it myself, but he would see it coming and then everything would be ruined. Armandeus, another elf that works here - looks like me but without the wonders of youth - I need him to come back home with me for a very important task. He's already said that he wouldn't go, so your job would be to cap---"

That was when he stopped. Alyan's ears picked up the sound of someone coming from the kitchen. Good thing too for not less than a few seconds after that did Armandeus himself come walking through the door!

"Cap-captivating you two ladies are!" Recover! Yes! A perfect recovery from what he was saying! "So perfect in your charm that an elf would hallow a mine - and us elves are not big fans of being underground." Alyan gave a laugh and then feigned surprise at seeing his brother.

"Armandeus! What a surprise."
Calanon
Calanon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down