Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Dirty Delivery

3 posters

Go down

Dirty Delivery Empty Dirty Delivery

Post by Marcus De Leymon Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:11 pm

That raised brow looked over the basket as he walked back towards the Inn. Marcus wasn't the gift basket type. Hell, in his mind, the only thing a basket was good for was to hold lunch before it was snatched away by a bear. But, the situation called for it. And, he would be going by the judgement of a rather over-friendly clerk at the general store in town. It's not that Marcus had a fear or anything of being the eye candy of the....friendly guys. But it was just, well, weird. But, he would force his way through that situation as he told the man what he was looking for. The fact that he was shopping for a woman probly helped keep the guy at bay. Good thing. None the less, the deed was done. He was happy with his idea. It was just the curiosity of why woman thought so highly of the overly delicate things in this world he didn't know. And to be honest, he didn't need to know. Just had to get it right.

Those leathered legs carried his way through the front doors of the Inn. This day, they were a new pair of blood red that he picked up the week prior. And that torso, today it would be adourned with a sleek black velvet shirt. Emeral green faux jewels acting as the closures. Oh yes, he was meaning to impress today. Probly what brought on the helpfulness of the clerk, bet he decided to not think of that any longer. No, with basket in hand he had a mission. However, as he was discovering more recently, he still did not know too much about this place or it's resedents. And the person he was seeking he had never met. So, it would be to the log book with him. Basket placed on counter as hands skimmed trough the pages til he found what he saught.

Epiphany...Epiphany. Where are you, my dear? Oh here! Okay um......The Door?

Now that was a puzzled look on his face. The Door? No room number. No description. Just....The Door. Well that's odd. Oh wait. A thought passed his mind. In his wanderings of the halls delivering the flowers to each floor he did remember an odd looking door on the first floor. Though he simply thought it was storage or some other room that was not for guests. Slapping closed the log, it would be placed back where he found it. Snatching up the basket he started to make his way to the first floor. Walking down the hall, booted feet clicked on wooden floor. Those eyes peering down the hall. Head turn as he rounded each corner until he saw it. There on the end, kinda in the shadows. If you weren't looking for it, you would pass by it without another thought, just as he did so many times before. However, he still wasn't sure this was it. Was this her room? Still curiosity got the better of him, as it offten did. Walking up to it, free hand would be raised as a solid musical knock placed to wood.

'Knock kno-kno-knock-'
Marcus De Leymon
Marcus De Leymon

Number of posts : 66

Back to top Go down

Dirty Delivery Empty Re: Dirty Delivery

Post by Epiphany Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:11 am

First, there was a cord. A musical cord from the sound of a harmonic playing a long 'B' sharp note that's held till the count of five and then abruptly ended. The sound of scurrying - like a squirrel - would follow next from the bottom of the door and all the way to the very tip top of the Door (which was 7 feet) were a smaller door that was two inches tall and three inches wide opened up. Inside that small opening it was pitch black, the only thing to see were a pair of two silver pin pricks that made for eyes and they were looking down at the one who had knocked.

Nothing was said for a moment, the beady eyes were looking over the one who had knocked. He seemed dressed but he had something! Oh, what was that? A gift? A gift for the Door?

No. No. Maybe not a gift for the Door. There was only one way to find out.

"Keep on knockin' butcha can't come in!"
Sang out in a high pitched voice that pierced the air and then that little door slammed. Echoing of shrilly giggles followed, bouncing from various sections over the Door before it faded and the Door was silent once again.
Epiphany
Epiphany

Number of posts : 615

http://www.bebo.com/iastepiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus De Leymon Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:05 pm

Wait. He knocked on the door. He didn't ring some door bell. Where did that sound come from. Instantly brow would arc, head tilting just slightly. But he didn't budge. Why would he be worried from sounds? It was just...well....odd. Must be sound activated. Then there were the steps. Oh great, she had kids. No problem. He was good with kids. Probly could find some lint for them to play with or something. Kids like weird and gross things, right? I mean, where does lint come from? It just appears out of no where. Think about it.

Those coals would turn up to that slot that opened up. Yup, kids. And one of them got a chair to stand on. Looking up to the little eyes, lips would curl into a soft smile. Hands falling in front of his form, one wrist holding the other he just stood. That is until it slammed shut with the laughter taking its place. Yup, there went that brow again. Though this time frown would remain a bit longer. Soon, he would be clearing his throat to let out that melodious voice.

Hello? I'm lookin' for Epiphany. Is this her room?
Marcus De Leymon
Marcus De Leymon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Door Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:08 pm

Kids? That might be the case but if there were kids in her room then they most certainly were not born of Epiphany neither was she the guardian of any of them. There was no response from behind the Door for a few moments. Quite a few moments in fact that it was quite possible to think that whatever that was that had happened when he knocked had never happened at all.

But that's what the Door wanted him to think.

Now the tiny sounds of stomping feet - much too small to belong to any normal size child - was heard making its way up the Door, all the way to the tip top and that little door opened once more. Those silver beady eyes looked out and issued an exasperated sigh. "No, that is not her room, do you think she lives in a hallway?" The man was standing in a hallway and that was the 'this', right? The Door liked to take the literal and use it against people because it found doing so funny. Even if it tended to aggravate the other person.

"If you want to look then look around. do you see her?"

The Door

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus De Leymon Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:49 am

And he would be waiting for an answer. Though, it seemed he waited for too long. Brows would raise as form did lean forward a bit. Trying to image his hearing growing in strength, he strained to hear behind that door. But there was nothing. Damn kids. He did enjoy them at times. But sometimes, especially when in groups, they can be real buggers. Stepping back towards the door, that hand would raise. Just when he was about to rap again, ears did pick up those foot steps. Though the second time around it sounded different. It most likely wasn't, but he paid more attention to it this time. In the back of his mind he was starting to wonder if something else was going on here.

Once that tiny door opened up once more, hues would jet up to look back to the silvers. Now he wouldn't lose his manners. That smile crept back over lips. Though, with the comment, he would turn to look at his surroundings. Oh, a smart mouth too it seemed. Rolling those eyes, head would shake lightly.

Now don't be foolish. I know she don't live out here. And I take it I have the right place. Now please, young one, is she home? I would very much like to see her.

Speaking that last bit, smile would widen as hand with basket would be raised to make sure it was within view.
Marcus De Leymon
Marcus De Leymon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Door Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:49 pm

"Young one?"
The silver beady eyes blinked at him. Bead eyes. They didn't look like human eyes at all (at least not from this distance) for they were literally as small as the top of a needle pin and right now they seemed shocked. Not to mention a little appalled. The shrilly high voice only got an octave or two higher.

"Do you think that I am a child?!" It ended with a huff and the Door started to shake. The wood around it that made up the hallway started to tremble as did the floor. Anyone who had a room right next to hers on the sides or a room above hers would have the sensation of a small earthquake, the vibrations moving along the structure. It would be a wonder if someone on the main floor under the Door wouldn't get a few sprinkles of dust or other debris shaken loose from the Door's immediate frustration. "I am NOT a child and now you, you will have to pay dearly for your insult!"

The Door was use to having it's fits in a stable environment where there was no one around to get hurt or feel the effects other than the person who had made it angry. "I don't think I should tell you anything at all." The rumblings quieted only a tad while the Door spoke. Had to be heard after all.

The Door

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus De Leymon Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:57 am

Okay, so maybe he made a mistake. In over his head. Poked the wrong sleeping bear. Meh. Plenty of more interesting situations then this in his memory banks. But he would recognize the frustration his words caused. And just like a switch he realized his wrong thinking. But it wouldn't be until the voice had asked for the second time that he made this decision. Up until then he was just looking up to the eyes, that slight smirk over lips. Though, once the place started rumblin, he was quite surprised to say the least.

What the.....

The basket would be dropped as hand went out in search for something to hold on to. Something to help stable himself. Was there a handle? If there was, that would surely be the first thing that popped to mind to hold to. If not, then he would move up against a wall. When that basket fell, it would hit one of it's edges and tip over. Some of it's contents had spilled out. A couple bars of hand made soap of different tones and colors rolled and stopped just outside the brim of basket. The loofah would roll a bit further with a little assistance from the shaking of the floor. And peeking out the top would be a couple bottles of something.

I'm sorry. Sorry. You're not a child. Not a child. I apologize. I meant no insult.

Pleas cried out while he rode out the storm. Really, what else could he throw out there? The conversation might be able to be picked back up after wards. But for the moment, he was trying to calm down the angered door.
Marcus De Leymon
Marcus De Leymon

Back to top Go down

Post by Firefly Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:56 pm

Firefly was, indeed, new to the inn, and she was loving the damn showers. Who would have guessed these bumpkins had running water? She had left the shower and wrapped a towel around her head, then another around her body, to make her way to her room. Something stopped her, though. A man having a shouting match with a door...a f-cking door, and the door looked like it was winning? She hadn't been this confused since the day she had eaten a mushroom given to her by a high-school friend with a vacant expression and bloodshot eyes.

She couldn't help it, her curiosity was triggered. Not bothering to stop and get dressed, she stomped right down the hall and stopped behind the man. "Dude....are you and that door arguing, or did I hit my head in the damn shower? And....Jesus, I can't believe I'm doing this...hello, door? And why, OH why, is the f-cking floor shaking? I haven't had this much trouble keeping my balance since the last time I did Jager bombs!"
Firefly
Firefly

Number of posts : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by The Door Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:24 pm

The rumblings and the shaking with the floor a-quaking didn't ease up when Marcus spoke, no, the Door didn't care enough to settle down and allow him to talk. Might even have made the area shake a bit more here and there just to prove its point that this less than ordinary crafted item wasn't mundane. There were no hinges, keyholes, or knobs on this Door so there would be nothing for him to hold on to when he started shaking. This Door looked like it belonged outside a castle with it's thick ebony planks and three wide vertical metal strips that covered the front.

The Door looked heavy, and it was heavy, and it was a very good thing that no one fell against it for very long. Why? Fall against it and and stay there to find out!

Even though the Door was making all that noise it heard the apologizes coming out of the man's mouth, and it was even about to settle down when the female came up and started talking. Just for fun the Door gave an extra shake of the floor under the females feet before the mini-quake started to settle down.

"You don't have to do this. Nobody asked you to come into my hallway anyway." That was to the female in the hallway. A frustrated Door, that's what they were dealing with. The Door started mumbling. "First call me a child then blame me for their lack of stability. Like it's my fault." That's right, the Door wasn't taking any responsibility for it's tantrum.

Now that it had settled settled down those silver beady eyes caught sight of what Marcus had dropped and the items that had spilled out of the basket. "Ooohhh. Homage for the Door. Gather it up and pass it over. It will cover some of your cost."

Yep, the Door was asking for the basket.

The Door

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus De Leymon Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:55 pm

Talk about ying and yang. Here he was clinging to the wall for dear life, which by the way wasn't working overly well as it was constantly trying to toss him away as well, but he also had a nearly nude woman now walking up to him. Well, to say the least, brow would arch as eyes did widen just a bit looking to the woman. And he would be taken back with a few of her comments, especially in the middle of this hallway storm. But, those deep coals would look to her as he tried to stammer out some words.

Yes, we are. I.....angered it. He couldn't believe he was saying those words, but there they were. His own head tilting as he did. Bringing his hand up, he would slowly move it up and down in the air, encouraging her to get a little calmer. Maybe she could help the situation. You know how to calm down doors? Clearly I could use some help.

But luckily, soon after he spoke those words it did start to settle down a bit. Though surely not all at once. That head of his turning between the woman and the door then back. But then every bit of attention was drawn up to those eyes and voice once more. And look at that, he changed his attitude. Big bully of a door! As he spoke, his glance would move down tot he basket before hues came back to silvers.

Oh...um... No. These items are for miss Epiphany. It's.....a gift that she had asked for. No she really didn't ask for a gift. hell, he has never even met the woman. But she started something in a certain note that he wished to act upon. What has he gotten himself into?
Marcus De Leymon
Marcus De Leymon

Back to top Go down

Post by Firefly Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:41 am

Calm down a door. Riight. "Maybe you could stroke the hinges? Wait...are you a girl door or a boy door? I know I like having my hinges stroked." She laughed at her own comment, pulling her towel up a bit. "Well, at least the floor stopped shaking, right? Few more shakes and I'd have been on my ass and showing the world what momma sent me here with."

She winked at the guy and looked back at the door. "Mister or missus door? Hi! I'm Kusunde....I've never met a talking door before. Geez, now I'll be looking at all doors strange and wondering what turning the knob *really* does!" She fell into another snickering spasm, hoping she didn't do that unflattering snort thing she did sometimes.
Firefly
Firefly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Door Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:50 pm

A present? For Epiphany and not for the Door? He didn't bring anything for the Door? "Don't you know it's rude to bring gifts if you're not going to share with everyone?" Manners. These people never had any manners. Bring something to Epiphany but not to the Door. The nerve of them! This Door didn't see how they didn't end up in scrapes all the time over their lack of courtesy. Teach him a thing or two.

"And does her suitor know that you're bringing gifts for her? Hmm!"
Victory! Partial victory? That statement could very well land the Door with the items in the basket! It's what the hope was anyway. "Give it to me and we'll count it towards your debt."

Sounds like a good a deal as any to it! Then those silver beaded eyes looked away from the man and set to the female who graciously offered up "A name? Ohhhh!" the last was a bit of a squeal. "Are you offering up your name? Are you willing to put it in writing for me?" If there was one thing the Door liked more than gifts, it was getting a person's name in writing.

But then the female started snickering fit so the Door went back to talking to the guy. "Hey, why don't you help cure her curiosity by turning one of her knobs and see what happens."

Turn the knob indeed. This Door wasn't as freaky as some of the other furniture around here.

The Door

Back to top Go down

Post by Firefly Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:15 am

She looked at the door, at Marcus, then back at the door, pulling her towel up. "Uh-uh, Mister or Miss Door, don't nobody turn my knobs without an invite. And since Marcus seems to have gone catatonic, I'm gonna bounce. Say, Marcus, if you get bored later, what with all the standing around and sh-t, look me up. I'm in room 102. Bring something nice, and oh yes, clothing is optional."

She turned, leaning just a bit so that her towel hiked up on her legs to show the least little bit of her pert and heart-shaped ass, and bounced away, twisting that tight ass as she went. If he came to her room, fine. If not, that was fine too. It wasn't like there weren't other guys in the place, and she still had to teach her partner a few tricks.
Firefly
Firefly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down