Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

It's always 5 o'clock somewhere.. [open]

2 posters

Go down

It's always 5 o'clock somewhere.. [open] Empty It's always 5 o'clock somewhere.. [open]

Post by Aiden Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:04 pm

It was five 'o'clock somewhere. In the town of New Haven the time was currently heading more towards four 'o'clock... in the morning. The late hour was not a deterrent when it came to the patrons of the Bloody Rum Runn who were still toasting their glasses high before closing time, nor for the familiar messy bleach-blonde half vampire in their midst.

Tucked away at one of the tables near the door, Aiden lifted his bottle of drink in a mock salute to the night along with the others, the remaining liquid sloshing inside as he tipped his head back and polished off what had been left. The bottle was sat back onto the table with a hard thunk and a chorus of clinks as it bumped against the half a dozen or so other bottles already there. Pitching forward again Aiden's head came down to meet the table in a similar fashion as the bottle culminating in a groan from the guy. Bloody hell he was sloshed.

Anyone who knew Aiden well could vouch for the fact that the guy was seriously not a drinker, so why had he taken up the helm this particular night? The question came answered in the form of a wrinkled piece of parchment paper that was currently being crushed in his right fist. Whatever it was, Aiden certainly didn't like it and being in a drunken stupor was an excellent way to forget ones current troubles. At least it was, until closing time.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing! Right on cue. As the clock above the bar struck four the bell signaling closing time began to ring. For most of the other patrons the sound was met with grumbling and swears but for Aiden it was as if the world had cracked open and was trying to swallow him whole. Did that bell have to be so bleeding loud? Groaning again, he cradled his head in his hands and tried not to move. They were trying to kill him. Even through his drunken haze the bell pierced his nerves like a saw cutting lumber and brought back the harsh reminder of why he didn't drink in the first place: the hangover.

Well screw that. If Aiden got his way it was going to be a while before he let reality slap him back again. Besides he knew a place that had a bar open all the time. Staggering, he got to his feet and stumbled out the door onto the street. Weaving along drunkly he headed off for his destination, it was near a miracle he was heading the right way.

By the time he reached the Tel'Ranaemyn Inn his weaving had turned into little more than crawling and it was with his own grace he stumbled over his own two feet to land upon the Inn's front lawn. Unfortunate for anyone who happened to be heading in or out they would find Aiden would be laying there for awhile, having finally passed out. If he had been conscious he would have been thanking whatever deity chose to listen that it was still a few hours until sunrise.
Aiden
Aiden

Number of posts : 85

Back to top Go down

It's always 5 o'clock somewhere.. [open] Empty Re: It's always 5 o'clock somewhere.. [open]

Post by ♥Allissya♥ Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:07 am

After learning that her whole life had been a lie, was a bit much for her, she had to get away for a bit. Not that she knew anywhere here to go. That was the problem. She didn't know where to go, but she had ran out the front door of the Inn. She hadn't meant to stay out so late, but she had fallen asleep under an old Willow tree in the nearby wooded area. When she awoke, she blinked, because the night sky was out. Stretching she would slip from her makeshift bed under the Willow Tree. One could not just run away from their problems. They needed to face them head on. She could do this!

With that thought in her head, running through her mind, she started back to the Inn. She didn't walk fast, for she was still learning the area, and that could be a good or a bad thing. Plus her night vision wasn't the best. Just when she thought she was safe and home free, she tripped, and went sprawling down, landing right on top of a body? What the? When did the lawn get bodies? She pushed against the person to get herself up, before she knelt back next to the body. "Hello. Are you alive?" Um...this could be bad. Especially if the cops had to come. Wait, did this place even have cops? Maybe she would be safe. But she hadn't done anything. She felt the body for a hand, to check for a pulse at the base of the wrist.
♥Allissya♥
♥Allissya♥

Number of posts : 94

Back to top Go down

It's always 5 o'clock somewhere.. [open] Empty Re: It's always 5 o'clock somewhere.. [open]

Post by Aiden Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:55 am

Well wasn't that just a great way be to woken from a night of waaaay too much drinking? It was just Aiden's luck that the deity he'd chosen to thank for the extend of the dark just happened to have a sense of humor to them. Thanks, deity, thanks.

When he was unceremoniously tripped over Aiden let out a groan and brought up a hand -not the one that was being checked for a pulse, to rub his face. "Does wishing I wasn't count as being alive?" Leave it to Aiden to have a sarcastic answer to someone asking he was alive. Could you really blame the guy though? He'd just spent the night getting sloshed and ended face planting right on the front lawn of the inn. There was a silver lining to the cloud however, that being that he'd been woken up before the evils of the sunrise! Aiden wasn't in the mood to be turned into charcoal so early in the morning. As for that pulse? He did actually have one although it was so slow it could be questionable if it was really there at all.

"So, are you hurt or anything?" See, under all that sarcasm and the smell of booze Aiden actually was a pretty nice guy. It wouldn't be good if someone ended up hurt just from tripping over him! He made a motion to roll over to get a look at his 'awaker'.
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post by ♥Allissya♥ Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:27 pm

When the voice came out of the body, she was so happy that she hadn't stumbled upon a dead body, she had no clue where to dispose of a body here. Though she did drop his hand, pulse that she had found forgotten. "I am so glad that your alive!" She couldn't say anything else really, it was merely because she had not yet met this man, whom happened to be making out with the earth, currently. She did not move from her spot kneeling next to him. Because he was alive, didn't mean he wasn't hurt.

Her mouth had opened to ask him that very question that he was asking her. "Oh no, I am quite all right. Are you hurt?" She might of got a scrape or something, but she couldn't feel anything, so most likely it was a drop of dirt on her, or mud. Her mind was glad that it did not have to open a dead body file at the moment.

When he rolled over she would still be there. It would depend on if he could see in the dark or not. She could not, he might be able to. If he could, he would see what she called an average looking woman, with long red hair. Bright leaf green eyes, that seemed even greener if the moonlight hit them. Dressed she was in a pair of blue jeans and a plain grey t-shirt. Which now was covered in leaves, there might be a few in her hair as well, from her nap or her fall.
♥Allissya♥
♥Allissya♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiden Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:41 am

Need help disposing of a body? Well then, Aiden was her man! ...Hey, wait a minute, was his the body she was trying to dispose of?! If that was the case then Aiden was suddenly very glad he was alive too!

Rolling over proved not to be the smartest idea Aiden ever had as the whole world started a'rollin like a cheap slot machine. So even though the guy had perfect night vision now was not the time to put it to the test. With a groan he closed his eyes and dropped his head back into the dirt. Hello mud pillow, we meet again. "I'm fine.." Sure, as long as he didn't move and the world would stop a'spinning. "So... you from around here?"
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post by ♥Allissya♥ Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:27 pm

Exactly! His would of been said body! She wouldn't of had a clue, at least not yet, really if she thought hard enough, something might of came to her. Or maybe she would of had to ask her mom. Such a messed up thought, her mom, was here.

Now that would suck, for the man, but without knowing that was going on in his head, well she couldn't have to much sympathy. "Are you sure?" There was a touch of something in her voice. Then she laughed, because she had hadn't heard that in a plain ole conversation since she had been here. "Actually...I'm from a different realm. My boss is here at the Inn, and he needed something, so here I am." She didn't know this man well enough or rather she didn't want to bother him with the specifics.

Now, she would not know about him and the sunlight, but she thought to offer him some help. "Did you need some help getting inside?" She wasn't old enough to have done the drunk walk of shame. But that was the only thing she could think of to have him how he was. Not saying she hadn't ever been drunk, well, actually she hadn't.
♥Allissya♥
♥Allissya♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiden Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:31 pm

Mothers, they ruined all the fun, didn't they? Aiden could say the same about sisters and even had the proof crushed up in his pocket to back it up. The poor girl. Trying to get into Aiden's head was to take one's life into their own hands, it was that scary in there! Was he sure about being fine? In one word: nope. But hey, it was what he got from a night of drinking. It hadn't killed him before so it was safe to say it wasn't going to happen this time.

"Another realm, huh? Earth by any chance?" Look there, she got him to crack open an eye and actually look at her. Hm, not a bad view... even if he was seeing more than one of her at the moment. "I visited there once. Not a bad place." Even if the whole indoor plumbing thing freaked him out the first time.

"Depends on what time it is." That was in answer to her offer of helping him up. Passing out aside, the lawn wasn't actually bad to lay on. Those bloody elf friends of Pip's were freaking geniuses in Aiden's book. Though if the sun was going to start a-rising any minute you can bet your bottom dollar Aiden's drunken butt was going to be up and heading inside.
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post by ♥Allissya♥ Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:29 am

Especially when you find out your mom, wasn't who you thought your mom was, and your father wasn't whom you thought that was either. Talk about a nice change! But on the upside she got a sister, on the downside, her sister didn't know about her yet. So how could she try bonding there, all she had was a name, she thought the sister might be the easier of the three. Wasn't it that scary in all men heads? From her experience that was true. They did not have the nice organized compartments that she had.

She blinked and gave a nod. "Yes! I am from Earth." Or was she, she had grew up on Earth, did that count? "Well, more like I grew up there. I guess I am from here?" She had a confused look fluttering across her delicate features. Once more her compartments were getting attacked. "This place here doesn't seem to bad." She gave a small shrug of those shoulders. "But I haven't really been here that long." That was the truth, just shy of a month, or so, seeing her delivery had been late for her boss and her bosses girlfriend.

What time it was? She didn't have a watch, she looked up towards the sky. She took a guess by the placement of the moon, and the stars and the darkness of the sky. "Don't quote me but I think we have a hour until sunrise." Now if he had a watch he would be able to know for sure. She had left her gadgets in her room, when she had left which was a good thing, because she might of lost them under the Willow Tree she had took a nap under. Her hand lifted to cover another yawn. "Besides I can't leave you out here alone. What if someone else trips and falls on your body, doesn't check to see if your alive, and takes you to dump you somewhere?" Though if she watched from a distance she could learn where to put the bodies just in case it ever happened?
♥Allissya♥
♥Allissya♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiden Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:15 am

Bloody hell the girl could relate to Aiden and neither one of them knew it! As it was Aiden's mother wasn't who he thought she was, and as for his father? Well that was a story for another time and could take half a century to tell. Long version short, there was a lot of lost love there. Organized mental compartments, eh? Who needed them? There was a method to the madness of Aiden, although what it was had yet to be seen.

"Grew up there, huh? Can't imagine it myself. Too much noise and strange buildings for my taste. What's with all those horseless buggies though?" Yes, the guy had just called cars 'horseless buggies', didn't that just prove the boy was Rhy'Din raised? "It ain't bad here if you don't go wandering into the bad parts of town." Like the section behind the Bloody Rum Runn, for example.

Around an hour, eh? It might just take that long to drag Aiden's sorry butt off the lawn and into the Inn. The poor girl didn't know what she'd gotten herself into, did she? As for a watch, Aiden had never worn one in his life. "Well if you're planning on staying ya might as well get comfortable." A pat was given to the ground beside him. "Then if someone comes along they'll have to trip over the both of us." And hopefully nobody would want to haul off two bodies to be dumped.
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post by ♥Allissya♥ Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:04 am

Funny how things like that happen, wasn't it? People with things in common that they didn't know they had in common, bumping into each other, literally. Okay so they really hadn't bumped into each other, she had tripped and fell right on him, but it worked just the same.

A nod of her head, and a soft laugh escaped. "When you grow up there, the noise and the strange buildings don't seem so loud and strange." A grin, which he may or may not see due to the night's light and his own vision. "Oh! You mean the automobiles. You know I have seen a few of them here. But they get you places a lot quicker then a horse drawn buggy would." His words earned another nod as she spoke, "I think all places have a bad part of town." A small stretch, "If I end up staying I shall have to figure all of that out." She usually did not go borrowing trouble.

Did any girl truly know what she had gotten herself into when it involved a male in any shape or form? Well, she had just said she couldn't just leave him out there alone, right? So she moved from her kneeling position and sat for a moment, then figured what the heck, if he wasn't wanting to get off the grass it must be super nice. And she joined him, laying in the grass, not like super close to him, but close enough that they could talk without having to be to loud. After a moment she spoke. "That is true. Sorry about tripping and sprawling out all over you before." It wasn't her fault that she did not have night vision, as it? A pause, "This grass is really comfortable. Way more comfortable then the grass under the Willow Tree. Do you sleep in the grass often?"
♥Allissya♥
♥Allissya♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiden Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:25 am

"Guess ya could say the same goes for this place too." Though when it came down to it some of the things in Rhy'Din could still seem strange despite having been born there. The grin had been caught and one of his own was quirked towards her. Hopefully she didn't have a fear of vampires cause there was no hiding the perfect sharp fangs that now showed, especially a certain gold one...

"Automobiles, right." Well used to hanging around people who didn't mind he might bite Aiden just went a rattling on his way. Had to love the whole drunken ramble thing. "Haven't seen many outside the modern parts of town." Not to mention the sleek black animal-named-something-or-other one his father had been known to own. "Haven't decided to stay yet, huh? Ya could end up liking it here. Never known." He broke into a chuckle, suddenly feeling the need he had said something rather funny.

It was super nice grass! Heck, if it weren't for the whole sun and burning skin thing Aiden would be content as could be to lay there for an entire day. Yep folks, Aiden could be one lazy half-vampire when he wanted to be. She was sorry for tripping over him? Aiden turned to get a better look at the four-plus he saw of her. "Ain't your fault ya tripped over me unless you were expecting to find a body on the ground." If she was then she had bigger issues going on than tripping over him and feeling sorry for it afterwards!

"Nah, haven't done this in years." Aiden's sleeping arrangements were well, let's just say a whole lot softer than the grass was. Although that was bloody comfortable grass!
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post by ♥Allissya♥ Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:45 pm

She let out a small laugh. "I am curious if this place will grow on me. I kind of hope it does. I would like to get to know my family." She nodded her head, because even though it seemed strange, and those dreams had finally left her, the parts she had learned about were interesting. And she had a sister, she always wanted a sister, but now it was meeting her. That was a bit scary. She actually did not even know that vampires existed. And her night vision wasn't that good. Lucky for him that her other side was still dormant.

She smiled, "Exactly! I have seen a few, since getting here, but nothing like back home." That was true, the way that the cars clogged the streets. She was often traveling with Mr. Bakersfield III but a lot of her time was spent in the offices, in New York and California. She paused a moment, "I probably will stay, at least while I see what this place has to offer."

Now, she had not expected to find bodies in the yard, but maybe that was something she would have to expect in the future. "True. I just...well I don't have very good night vision."

She would give a nod of her head, "It really is." She glanced towards the night sky, at the twinkling stars. "I miss the stars when I'm in the city." The words, well she didn't realize she had spoken them out loud.
♥Allissya♥
♥Allissya♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiden Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:37 am

Well, wasn't Aiden just the luckiest son of a gun alive? Here he was laying next to a girl who didn't know vampires even existed and missed seeing his own fangs to boot. It was so beautiful Aiden nearly broke out into hysterical laughter. Lucky for her he contained the urge, though it was impossible to wipe that smirk off his face. "This place'll grow on ya. It always does. Bet ya'll end up liking it so much ya won't want to go back to Earth." That was the great thing about Rhy'Din in general. It could grow on you so much it was like an itch that could never fully be scratched. Besides, after visiting a place like Rhy'Din wouldn't earth seem rather dull in comparison?

As far as finding bodies in the yard Aiden could vouch that it wasn't a daily occurrence around the place, but he wasn't telling her that. Let her figure it out on her own. Might help in the long run when she came across a vampire who'd rather have her for a snack than a chat. And for the night vision? Hopefully she would stay long enough to pick up some of it.

With her comment about not being able to see the stars in the city Aiden turned away from her to look up at the sky himself. "You don't have stars where you are from? I've never heard of such a thing!" Aiden himself wasn't the kind of guy who looked at the stars often or anything, heck he barely knew they were there until pointed out, like by her, but not seeing any was just odd. Points to the girl for finding something even Aiden couldn't imagine!
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post by ♥Allissya♥ Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:02 pm

Well of course he was! I mean how many people in the area did not know about vampires and other creatures that went bump in the night? Soon she would be getting a whole lot of education, but for now, things were good. She thought about that, the fact that the place very well could grow on her, wasn't she already making excuses not to leave? "I am afraid it is already starting." To grow on her that was. Home at earth would feel rather boring she was sure of that, and the longer she was here, with meeting different people with different abilities.

Oh yes! If she stayed around long enough then she could learn different things. Such as bodies were not always in the yard, and most likely the ones that were, were alive still. Fresh.

She let out a small laugh. "Oh no, they have stars, its just with all the buildings and everything you can't see them." She shook her head, "It's really a shame because they are really lovely to look at." Then she looked over at him, "Probably should be getting in soon, I don't want to get in trouble for coming in when the sun is coming up!."
♥Allissya♥
♥Allissya♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiden Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:27 pm

She mentioned the sun coming up and Aiden was suddenly all about the moving. He was on his feet in the space it took a normal person to blink and had the frenetic nervous nature as if the sun was coming up that very second. He'd nearly turned tail and headed for the Inn's front door when reality reared it's ugly head and he suddenly remembered the girl behind him.

Now it was dark and all so hopefully she would miss the 'where the crack did you come from?' look that had suddenly dawned on the guy's face and the look of 'oh crap' that had quickly followed behind it. A nervous cough followed the both of them because well, obviously he'd been ready to ditch the poor girl a second ago.

"You're right! We should be heading inside. Bad to be out when the sun comes up, bad luck ya know? " Oh yeah, that was a smooth cover-up...
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post by ♥Allissya♥ Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:41 pm

Now, she wouldn't of seen him get up that quick, but she felt a sudden surge of air. And that had her blinking, before she stood up rather slowly compared to him. She started inside with him, when she looked over to him a moment. "It's bad luck?" She just wanted to be in before the sun came up because she didn't want a long dragged out thing with her mom. She smiled to him, as they neared the Inn. "It was nice to meet you!" She flashed him a quick smile, once they entered the Inn, she ran up the steps. Sunrise was closer then she thought! She spoke down the stairs, "Maybe I will see you around." And then she went and kept going until she got into the room she was sharing with Azlin. Tip toeing into the room and to her room hoping not to get caught! It felt strange to be sneaking in at her age, but that's what happened sometimes right?
♥Allissya♥
♥Allissya♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiden Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:17 am

It was bad luck when the sunrise was immediately followed by the smell of burning flesh and oh so lovely scorch marks that took forever to fade away. When it came to bad luck of that flavor Aiden had quite the intimate experience and absolutely no desire to have a repeat! They were inside then and all the worries went out the door. There was only one thing left to do: head for the bar!

But first, "It was nice to meet you too! Look me up if ya wanna chat!" He called up the stairs after her. Who knows maybe they'd bump into each other again some day, or trip over one another on the lawn. Never knew about this place... Now, what was there to drink at the bar?
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down