Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Open for Business (open)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Open for Business (open) Empty Open for Business (open)

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:23 pm

Kyra had been making preparations in the past several weeks since the big bad deal they had been through. Those preparations were done some what in secret because she wanted it to be a semi-surprise for her father. Making her way to the forge she unlocks the door and pushes it open and leaving it that way as she makes her way through opening the curtains and windows letting some light and fresh air into the place. It seems it had been getting some use which was fine there were a couple that had access to it as needed. One of the many things she had been doing was getting with the vendors to see how quickly they could get stock in here to re-open. Lucky for her many of the vendors were more than thrilled to cancel orders going to another place just to accommodate her needs and wishes. About the time she started to catalog what they did have a knock was heard at the door. Turning she looked with a slight smile seeing it was one of her vendors now.

"Good morning, so glad you could bring this all on such short notice. You can set those boxes on the counter here."

The young man nodded and did as he was asked to do and nearly fell over himself doing it. Heaven help him if she was not just the pretty sight he had ever seen. A blush on his cheeks and a bit of a stutter in his voice revealed what he was thinking as he spoke. -Umm....here you go...anything else I can do to help you?- He meant that in the most cleanest of ways but it could be taken how she wanted to.

She blushed a little herself getting the feeling what he was thinking and shook her head. That was one distraction no matter how cute he was that she didn't need right at this second. Lucky for her she didn't have to deal with it as the other three vendors showed up to drop off the rest of the inventory. She told them where things needed to go and turned back to see she was alone again in the room.

Seeing how she was busy he let himself out already too embarrassed to stick around to make a fool of himself as he thought he was. A note was left on the box that said - If you need anything you know how to find me. Alex.

A slight grin crossed Kyra's lips as she read the note but set it aside to get these boxes unpacked and ready for opening day. Once everything was in its place Kyra set out to make sure everything else was where it needed to be and lighting the fires. This was a fun task as she used the element of fire that her mother had been showing her how to control and use at will. With a satisfied smile as she looked around everything was ready just as it should be. Making her way to the front she unpacked the new sign that read -The Fire of Hades-. She got it hung up outside on the door and underneath another sign was placed that said open. The nifty thing about this sign was that when they were closed it would say closed. Going back inside she hopped up on the counter and waited. It was official they were now open for business but there was one more matter that had to be discussed but that had to wait for the right time. Patting the envelope next to her she smiled and continued to wait for people to come.

Back to top Go down

Open for Business (open) Empty Re: Open for Business (open)

Post by Madeline Cauthon Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:17 pm

Madeline was riding Swifty through town. She was actually heading to Kyra's house to tell her she would be leaving town for a few days, and she would be back to work when she got back. Madeline hadn't talked to Kyra since their ordeal, so she also wanted to make sure Kyra was doing well.

As Madeline and Swifty were passing by the forge she was happy to see Kyra hanging up the new sign. Madeline dismounted her horse, and walked over to her friend. "Nice sign."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Number of posts : 1173

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:28 pm

Madeline being the close friend she was would see something was just not right about Kyra since that ordeal and the grin would further show proof of that. There seemed to be something haunting behind it.

"Thanks, I thought my dad would like it and we didn't have one before so...."

Dangling her feet from the counter she looked at her curiously wondering why they haven't talked since that day but she wasn't going to ask but it did worry her some. Things like this can either make or break a friendship. She let those thoughts drift to the back of her mind as she looked at the ground some thinking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:42 pm

Madeline smiled. "Yep, Dre will like it. Sorry I haven't been by, Dad made me stay in bed to let some of my injuries heal."

Madeline couldn't help but notice Kyra's grin. "Okay, spill it. Whats got you in such a good mood."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:58 pm

Kyra shrugged a little...what did have her in this mood. She figured she might as well tell her they were close enough to be sisters so this affects her too really.

"Well it seems I have a little sister and a little brother but only the sister has found my mom. They found each other when we were dealing with things."

She shrugged not sure what else to tell her but told her what she knew.

"Her name is Lydia and she is I think 7 and is a faerie like me and mom."

Thinking some more she went on mostly rambling cause she wasn't sure about things at the moment.

"I came looking for you a little while ago at the inn and saw this new guy, he was so totally hot. But I didn't see you any where. Figured you weren't working that day or were busy with your family."

Oh how she sounded like a teenage girl at that moment. Another slight shrug as she finally hushed to let Madeline talk too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:07 pm

Madeline would of clapped her hands, but with the one arm still healing it would hurt to laugh. "Aww thats great Kyra, I'm sure you'll love having her around. Siblings are fun to have. Tell Arcadia I say congrats. Tall dude, hot bod, kind of a shaved head. Yeah I saw him. We must of just missed each other. I was looking for my brother at the inn, but he wasn't there. Yeah guy was hot, only saw his backside though. But what I saw looked nice."

Madeline then started thinking about Mat, and for a moment she zoned out to their dice game. Kyra was sure to noticed the smug grin on her face. Shaking herself back into reality. "So anything I can help with?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:11 pm

"Oh yes that was him will be interesting to see where and if he turns up again. And I will be sure to tell her that for you. She is super happy right now about that and I think her and my dad might have a thing going but can't tell just yet so don't say anything."

Kyra took notice of the smug look and smirked herself.

"Ok now it's your turn to spill.

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:22 pm

Dre and Arcadia, together after all this time. "Oh that would be awesome Kyra. I thought I heard De'Ryanna say something about him working in the stables. So if ya like, when I get back, if you want to take Swifty for a run..."

Madeline giggled. "Well there is one thing. I kind of have met this guy, his name is Mat Cauthon, no relation. He's tall, has dark hair, dark eyes. He checked into the inn right before we were kidnapped. We've umm been hanging out some. I think he might be the one Kyra."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:56 pm

Kyra smiled but it was an inwardly sad smile...she was a little jealous that Madeline seemed to have all the luck with the guys and her...well she didn't need to rehash that one now.

"That's great...I'm happy for you and I would hope he wasn't related to you that would be just...ewwww."

She laughed a little and gave some thought to what Madeline said about taking the horse out for a run.

"I might just take you up on that sometime. So where you running off to?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:02 pm

"Oh just some unfinished business. Dad had asked me to do something for him before this mess with douche-muffin. I have about a days ride. Normally I would open a gateway and go, but it's so nice out this time of year, and I love to ride so, doing it the normal way. I should be back in a day or two to help out here. That is if you still want me to help out."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:06 pm

She listened and nodded at the appropriate times to Madeline and gave her a look at the last thing she said.

"Yes...I hope you don't think I would go and replace you here. We're like family and hell we've been through some really rough crap together. Besides who else knows about me banging my head on my dad's junk before I knew he was my dad. And who else am I going to come to work drunk with?"

Kyra laughed and almost fell off the counter thinking about those days.

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:10 pm

Madeline laughed with a twinkle in her eye. She looked over to Dre's office trying ti see if he was in. "Speaking of which, is he around? Because if he's not..."

Madeline made a bottle of vodka appear. "We can celebrate the reopening of this place in style."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:12 pm

Kyra looked to where she was looking and shook her head.

"He hasn't made his way here yet. Not sure if he is going to or not but I am hopeful."

She reached behind the counter and found to plastic cups and held them out.

"We can have one but only one. Can't be drunk this early...at least not today."

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:17 pm

Madeline giggled. "Awww those are the same cups from last time. No, we can't be drunk, but one shot wont hurt. "

Madeline poured two shots and handed Kyra hers. Holding up her own cup she winked. "To the reopening of The Fires of Fade." With that, she downed her shot.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:19 pm

She took the glass and laughed a little at what she called the place.

"I think you mean to the reopening of The Fires of Hades"

With that she down the shot and made a face and shook her head.

"Wow that still packs a punch. No matter how much you drink it."

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:22 pm

Madeline laughed at her own mistake. "Well that works too. Yes,and I have a days ride ahead of me. So do you need me to do anything before I head out?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:28 pm

Kyra sat the class down and shook her head. What she needed she wasn't going to be found here and definitely can't be given to her by someone else at least not by Madeline. Although it was currently unclear of exactly what that something was.

"No, you enjoy your time away. Things will be fine here. Promise."

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:34 pm

Madeline sat the cup and bottle down behind the counter, and smiled. "ll be back just as soon as I can. Try not to let your dad slack off too much."

With that Maddie headed out the door. Once outside, she mounted her stead, and waved at Kyra. "See you soon dear friend."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:39 pm

Kyra smiled and waved her friend good bye but didn't say anything. She hid the cups and the bottle and looked around wondering what to do now that she was alone. Which happened to be the last thing she wanted right now. Thoughts started creeping up and she needed to talk but who could she talk to that would understand what she was thinking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:21 pm

He stepped in some time after Maddie had left. Clearing his throat politely he said softly, "I saw a sign that said you were in need of Smiths. Is that position still open?"

He could not help but grin a little.
Beastie
Beastie

Number of posts : 1596

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:40 pm

Kyra smiled hearing her father come, looking up she shook her head lightly.

"Well as a matter of fact I am looking for some help but I think you might be over qualified for the smithy job."

Without saying another word she just held out the envelope that she had been holding and staring at when he came in. She waited for him to take it and look in it before she talked again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:58 pm

Over qualified? Him? Was that possible? He shook his head and his eyes went wide. Kind of a funny look for one like him. He had half a mind to take her over his knee. But there had to be a reason.

He reached out and took the envelope looking to see what was inside it. His eyes widening, if that was possible.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:33 pm

She simply nodded to him and smiled. She spoke softly.

"I need guidance with this business and you are the one I trust the most. You trusted me with it so instead of me running it alone I want you to run it with me. A father daughter business. I just need you to sign those papers."

The papers were giving him joint ownership of the Fires of Hades. She waited a moment and took a breath and spoke again.

"I will run the front end as I see fit and you run the back end as you see fit. We can bounce ideas off of each other and any major changes we can talk about."

Kyra still sat on the counter and waited for all of this to sink in with him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:13 pm

He kept looking from the papers to her and back. He listened to what all she had to say. A father daughter business. Well this might prove interesting after all.

"Your ankle-biter of a grandmother would be proud of you. Not prouder then I am mind you. Takes guts and a good head on your shoulder to know when you need help."

He stepped up to her and hugged her. "So I will not tell you how to run the front, you do not tell me how to run the back. But we will listen to each other."

He signed the papers and nodded handing them back to her smiling like a Cheshire cat.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 01, 2010 2:22 pm

Kyra hugged her dad back and nodded to him with a huge smile.

"Sounds like a good plan to me. I think once Madeline gets back I'm going to take a trip for a few days. Mom seems to think it will do me some good to get away by myself and there are a few things I need to take care of."

She took the papers and knew just where to put them but that could wait until later.

"Now we just need to figure out how to get this business up and running the way it should be."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next