Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

A Tisket a Tasket a Basket ... full of surprises!

2 posters

Go down

A Tisket a Tasket a Basket ... full of surprises! Empty A Tisket a Tasket a Basket ... full of surprises!

Post by Gwendolyn Zoi Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:03 am

(This post is open to all, even if it ends with Gwendolyn at Epiphany's Door...if anyone so wishes to add to it, please do!)

“Aaaachhhoo.” Nose wrinkle, sniffle, wrinkle once more. Delicate shaped hand lifted to rub at her right eye. Gwen looked like a mess, a hot mess at that. Long brunette locks were pulled back into a pony tail holder then looped just so, so most of her hair was out of her way, save for the locks that had worked themselves free. Her eyes had dark bags underneath them, her nose was a bright red from all the blowing, her lips were chapped. Closing her eyes a moment, for her lids felt so heavy, before snapping them open. Dressed as she was in a pair of pink fuzzy slippers, her feet were rather toasty, a pair of dark gray slightly baggy sweat pants and a bright pink sweat shirt finished off her outfit.

Box of Kleenex in her right hand, the small square sort, with a green leave motif on the sides. Her other hand had envelopes. She had not yet delivered her gifts for the holidays, time seemed to get past her, and now that she was feeling more mobile she thought to get them out. Maybe it was not such a good idea her and Jade had about making snow angels without getting herself properly dressed for the outdoor weather. But she would not take back the adventure for anything. Sometimes being spontaneous was a good thing, especially when she had such a good friend to be spontaneous with.

Once she left her room, she made her way first to Jades room, her way of thinking might not be the best for surely she would be retracing her steps but that was how it was to be. For once she reached Jades door, she slipped the top green envelope under the door. The writing on the front of the envelope simply said Jade in a calligraphy sort of writing. Once Jade received and opened the envelope, she would find a sterling silver snow angel ornament, inside of a handmade card, the outside of the card had glittery snow flakes upon the front, each one was made out of white construction paper, before the glitter was applied. The background of the card was done in shades of blue. The ornament was inscribed with the words, Gwen and Jade BFF with the year. Inside of the card, there was a message to Jade. ‘Thank you for being the best friend a girl could ever want, or need. Love Gwen.’ It wasn’t much yet it was everything. Simple in words.

Next was Azlins door. She had to deliver the next card to her mom. Making her way quickly to her moms room, she would slip a red envelope with Azlin’s name written upon it, the same writing was on all of the cards, just different names. Sliding the red envelope under the door, she would slip away. Once Azlin did receive her envelope, upon opening it was another hand crafted card, this one was on black background, with individual snow flakes drawn in the background with a white color pencil. A few larger snow flakes were glued to the sides of the card, in the middle of the card was a snowman, all white with a bit of glitter at the bottom where a pile of snow was up around him. A top hat and a purple scarf were cut out and attached. A red heart was put over where the snowman’s heart would be. Inside the card it simply said, Love you. Her ornament was a snowman, it was clear with sparkles on the inside.

After leaving Azlin’s room, she made her way to the room that Leo used when he was here. Now she wouldn’t say how she figured out what rooms people were staying in. She just did. She knew he was often gone, but she thought it would be nice for him when he got back. The envelope that was slid under his door was also green, with his name written across the front. Once he did get it, if he did open the envelope he would see a hand made card. His also had a black background, with individual snow flakes cut out of a gray-blue shade of paper. Each snowflake was different from the others and different from the ones on any of the other cards she made. Along the edge that opened of the card there was a white strip of paper, that had random spots of glitter. In the night sky background she had used a yellow colored pencil, to add some stars. He had a small ornament as well, it was a bit puffy instead of being flat, and it was in the shape of the Inn. She had debated getting him one in the shape of the Inn or in the shape of the white kitten he helped her find. But ultimately she decided on the Inn, because if he hadn’t gotten a room at the Inn, and she had not she would of never met him. The writing inside the card read, ‘Leo, Thank you for helping me find Leoette. I hope that we can have another adventure again. <3, Gatito.”

A sneeze as she turned to leave that door, and steps were taken to find Catherine and the Doctor’s room. Now for them, she had to get them a card as well, for if it wasn’t for them there was a chance that Pip and her wouldn’t of been around anymore. And The Doctor gave her that nifty handy light for when the lights went out. So they got a red envelope with the names written on the front of it, slide under the door. For their Christmas card it was made a bit different. For the ground on the card was not ground at all but water, frozen but water none the less. If one looked carefully they would see currents under the frozen water. Upon the water was a couple ice skating, if one looked closely they would see it looked as close to the couple as she could get, Catherine even had a baby bump. There was a small figure sitting on the edge of the lake, Gwen heard that they had a child, but she had not seen said child so she attempted not to leave him or her out.. The night sky was decorated with snow flakes and stars. Once they opened the card the message was very rather simple. ‘I hope your holidays are good. Thank you for saving Epiphany and I.’ A heart was drawn with her signature underneath it. There was an ornament she had made, it was a bit chunky yet fit in a card, hard plastic sort of material in the same shape as the clicky LCD light that they let her have to help chase away the shadows.
Gwendolyn Zoi
Gwendolyn Zoi

Number of posts : 300

Back to top Go down

A Tisket a Tasket a Basket ... full of surprises! Empty Re: A Tisket a Tasket a Basket ... full of surprises!

Post by Gwendolyn Zoi Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:04 am

The second to last stop she made was to Jamison’s door. He got a red envelope slipped under his door, with his name written across the front just like the others. When he opened the envelope the card that she made for him had a dark green background. The background showed the snowflakes starting to fall. They were cut out carefully, just as the others were. The forefront of the card had a circle made out of small rocks, which she actually glued small pebbles to the card, in the middle of the card she made a mini picture of a fae, like the one he had shown her. When he opened the card it read simply, ‘Thank you for being a friend. I hope you have a great holiday. Gwendolyn.’ The ornament that was given inside his card was a sterling silver set of wings, angel wings to be exact. With the year engraved on the bottom back.

And Lastly to Epiphany’s Door. Oh yes, The Door would get a sneeze. And a sniffle. “Sorry, beg my pardon The Door. I know I have not been to visit you, and I am sorry for that, time just seemed to slip away.” Now she had a feeling that it wasn’t the best idea but she thought to ask The Door anyways, in that stuffed up voice. “Can I leave something with you for Peter Pip?” Weight shifted from foot to foot.
Gwendolyn Zoi
Gwendolyn Zoi

Back to top Go down

A Tisket a Tasket a Basket ... full of surprises! Empty Re: A Tisket a Tasket a Basket ... full of surprises!

Post by The Door Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:42 pm

If this had been a normal, everyday type of door, the talking to it that Gwen was doing would have seemed off. Luckily for her this wasn't the average wood. Infact, this was a Door and it heard her coming. It even heard when she reved up for that sneeze and it pulled in on itself, belving inward when Gwen 'achoo'ed' As the sneezer was explaining herself the Door huffed - or rather, what was inside the door did - and small echoing stomps could be heard moving from the middle of the Door to the top where that small door opened up. The two beady eyes stared down at Gwen.

"That's quite a way to beg a pardon." came the sound of the high-pitched voice. "You're not even on your knees. Hands are not clasped together." Tsk. Tsk. Being judged by a Door.

"And now I have your germs all over me. Just how do you plan on taking care of that? Hmmm? Hmmm?"

There was a mention of a package and the Door knew very well who it was for but one could never be to sure. "You could leave the package, although doing so will cost you. Not to mention that this Peter Pip person may not get their package."

"I don't know who they are."
Tagged in at the end with a mischevious smirk to the lips that Gwen could not see.

The Door

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolyn Zoi Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:34 pm

Sniffle, blink, wiggle of nose. She lifted her tired eyes up to The Door. “I…did not know one was suppose to be in a praying position to beg a pardon for sneezing.” Then she tilted her head, “If you heard me sneeze why did you not bless me.“ Wasn’t that rude? Did The Door want her to lose her soul? That wasn’t very friendly of The Door, had it not heard that one a body sneezed that was as close to death as one came, and if they were not blessed their soul might escape?

She looked down a moment at her fuzzy slippers before looking back up to the pin point eyes. “Well, I would offer to clean you with a cloth, and your choice of cleaning prod…”Sneeze which was caught into her elbow with fast action there. “uct…but I fear it would not be best for it might make me sneeze more?” Which she did not think that The Door would like. “But if you wish, I can get that for you, when we are done here?” Sniffle, with her arm coming up towards her face, her wrist bending as she rubbed her nose.

Her lids shut for a moment, before snapping open. “What would it cost me?” A yawn which was also covered by the back of her hand. “You don’t know Peter Pip? But you should! Her room is on the other side of you…well…its suppose to be on the other side of you.” She blinked, “Her other name is Epiphany.” Surely the door had Peter Pips other name, being The Door.
Gwendolyn Zoi
Gwendolyn Zoi

Back to top Go down

Post by The Door Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:24 pm

There was a huff from inside of the Door as the being inside of it continued to be aggravated even with the answers that it received. In fact, while Gwen spoke it let out a long, exasperated breath and even tapped its little foot that she couldn't see. "Didn't you hear me? I said it will cost you. You Feh. The understanding of creatures these days." Apparently the Door could be very literal when it suited its needs. "And if you're not willing to be owned by me then you may want to reconsider the magnitude of what it is you're asking me little Miss Sickness."

Surely Gwen had no idea that the Door liked to keep things and store them away inside and do who-know's-what with them; so asking for it to be passed on to the owner was really a large task! Especially if said owner didn't know they were expecting something. Don't ask, don't tell, that's how this Door rolled. Sometimes.

"As for Epiphany's room being on the other side of me, was her room there when you went in last time? Hmmm? I'm not some normal door that blesses when people sneeze or enjoys having females on their knees while cleaning my wood." The Door tsked at her.

"Go back and start again." Already that small window at the top of the door was closing. "And it is 'May I' not 'Can I.' "

Because Gwen could do (almost) anything she wanted. Could she leave the package there? Sure could!

The Door

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolyn Zoi Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:49 pm

Her face looked slightly full of shock, as her mouth made a simple O shape. Before she spoke, “You want to own me?” Now her head was shaking, causing a few more tendrils of hair to free itself from its pony tail. Wrinkle of nose, not because of the words, but because it really did itch. Her mind was working at a mile a moment. “How could you own a person? Where would you keep me?” Was she actually considering this? She had no idea that The Door thought it was a big thing to have something left for Epiphany with it. And she was thankful in that moment, that the other doors in the Inn were not so like this one in front of her.

Of course! How would she know that The Door was worse then a squirrel storing nuts? She did not! She thought it was a simple, please pass this on, yet here it was a big deal. A soft sigh as she lifted her hand upwards to brush against her check, before moving her arm to sneeze into her elbow. Eyes closing a moment, before flicking open once more.

She had not time to answer The Door, instead she stood there, blinking at The Door. Someone had no manners! Now she looked at the envelope in her hand. Debating did she wish to leave it Near the Door or did she want to leave it somewhere else for Peter Pip? Carefully she sat down in the hallway, envelope in hand, looking at it, then at the door…before she noticed the chair. The chair was not so far away, and really she had no clue why she hadn’t seen it before sinking to the floor. So up she got, after taking a few moments of a breather, she got back up, and placed the envelope with Pip’s name showing on the chair. Glancing at The Door, then off she went into her room, back into bed, to attempt to get some rest and shake off the rest of the cold.
Gwendolyn Zoi
Gwendolyn Zoi

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:31 pm

Humming a wintry tune Epiphany bounded up the steps of the Inn two at a time. She was coming back from the Church on this particular evening and that meant she was dressed in the long, heavy, and thick winter dress of the Apprentices. The brown skirt covered her feet completely when she walked so going up the steps as she did required that she hold the front of it up so that she wouldn’t trip. It wasn't too much of a bother, although the bottom of the skirt was always in need of a good cleaning - even a bit of mending - after she was done with it.

Reaching the landing of the first floor Epiphany let go of the skirt and made an elaborate stretch with her hands reaching over her head and a slight arch to her back. It had been a very long day and she was looking forward to a bit of rest. Little did Gwen know that she had actually done a really good thing by placing the envelope in the chair in the hallway, being that it was the only piece of furniture in this section anything that was on it was bound to be noticed. And it was. When Epiphany got closer she saw it . . . and being the curious person she was, she went to take a 'casual glance' at what it could be.

"Oh, it's for me?" Her curiosity about it only grew for it wasn't often that she received letters or packages of any kind. The paperwork that did come to her was always waiting elsewhere - like inside her door in one of the many places. So why was this out here?

Epiphany lifted it to her ear and gave it a shake or two to hear if she heard anything on the inside as she leaned up against her Door. Knuckles wrapped against the frame in a few different places all to make out the tune of 'Shave and a Haircut'. Within a few moments the small slit at the top of the Door opened up.

"Are you giving people a hard time again?"

"But she sneezed on me!" It was as close to a whine as the Door was going to get. "And then she called you a name and wanted to give me orders and I do n ---"

"She's blood." Who else could have left the note but her sister? It wasn't in De'Ryanna's handwriting - wherever she was - and it certainly wasn't Jade - the Door was still in one piece - besides, the name thing kind of gave it away .

The Door huffed. "Not my blood."

"Door." Epiphany said with an exasperated sigh. Holding the envelop to her she placed her other palm against the wood and the Door cracked open. From what anyone could see as Epiphany opened teh door there was nothing but darkness. Where was she going? Wherever it was, she was going to get rest in one form or another.

And open the envelope.

Epiphany
Epiphany

Number of posts : 615

http://www.bebo.com/iastepiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolyn Zoi Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:25 pm

When Epiphany did get to open the envelope there was a handmade card inside. Her card was different from the other’s just as no two were the same. The background of the card was a deep blue, colored pencil stars were in the background, the main focus was two mini angels. If one looked at the details of the angels you could tell that one had the likeness of Pip and one had the likeness of Gwen. Wings were in full force. If you looked towards the bottom of card there was a mini replica of the Inn. When the card was opened it revealed a glass angel ornament, it was blown glass with blue and purple sparkles inside between two panes of glass, there was water and blue and purple glitter as well, so that when the ornament was moved the sparkles and glitter moved as well. One side of the glass had a etching that read, Gwendolyn & Epiphany’s 1st Christmas with a date. The inside of the card had the words Merry Christmas written in bold script, with smaller script that read, ‘ I am glad I found you this year. Love Gwen.’ She almost signed it Wendy because that’s what they had told them when she decided Pip was stuck as Peter Pip.
Gwendolyn Zoi
Gwendolyn Zoi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down