Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

My Science Project. {Open to all mad scientists, and anyone else}

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My Science Project.  {Open to all mad scientists, and anyone else} - Page 2 Empty Re: My Science Project. {Open to all mad scientists, and anyone else}

Post by Epiphany Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:51 pm

"Oh come on, I don't believe it." Epiphany had to believe it, she was holding it in her hand.. The 'it' happened to be a mirror. A small hand-sized mirror that was in the shape of a heart. "You're going to go off and bogart more of these mirrors for some project and you actually want me to lie when they come around?"

A pause and Epiphany shifted from one foot to the next one, slipping the heart shaped mirror into the pocket of her opened white lab coat. "That's not the point here and you know it. These are two totally different things." There was no one standing next to her and she was partially facing the large wooden that had two parallel metal slabs running across it. It looked like a Medieval castle door, but one without a handle. "I could go rummaging through your papers, but we're not going to go to that level."

Sighing she shoved her hands into her pockets and leaned her right shoulder into the door, right foot crossed over the left and her toe was tapping on the ground. "Yeah, yeah. Go on. Whatever." There was a hint of a sigh in there. "You're welcome." Was the last thing she said before she turned to place her back up against the closed door. Hands still in the pockets of her lab coat she waited for the others to arrive.

Epiphany
Epiphany

Number of posts : 615

http://www.bebo.com/iastepiphany

Back to top Go down

My Science Project.  {Open to all mad scientists, and anyone else} - Page 2 Empty Re: My Science Project. {Open to all mad scientists, and anyone else}

Post by Guest Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:51 pm

Venis' first stop on the third floor was not her room, after all, Kahn wasn't even in there. No, she was headed to Casie's door. Along the way, she had a conversation with her husband. ~Oh sweety.~ He would know something was up when she said that, but it was ok.

Laughter would ring throughout her head as he replied. ~Yes dear, what do you want?~ It was a dead give away that she wanted something.

She would laugh as well, in their minds as well as out loud while she was headed up the second flight of stairs. ~How much do you love me baby?~ Yep, butter him up.

Oh, now he definitely knew she was up to something. ~Enough, what's up?~ He shook his head.

She couldn't wipe the grin from her face as she turned the last of the steps and came upon the landing. ~I need some of your scaly hide my love.~ Yea, that would get him.

That was nothing new. ~You just have to wait till bed hon.~ He laughed again.

She came up on Casie's door as it was not far from the steps. ~That too baby, but no, I literally need some scales.~ He was worse than she was sometimes.

That distracted him for a moment. ~Um, as in you want to remove scales from my body?~ He had to make sure he was hearing her right.

She chuckled. ~Yes dear, I do. I'm gunna make sure it doesn't hurt too badly.~ She raised her hand and knocked upon the door.

He laughed. ~Sure you will.~ More laughter. ~Alright baby, I'm sure it's for some good reason. Let me know when you need me and I'll get there as fast as I can.~ The things he did for that woman. ~I love you.~

She laughed as well. ~It is, J's science project. Be glad we aren't dissecting you.~ She laughed even more. ~I will let you know honey. I love you too. Be safe.~ And then she was silently standing there waiting for Casie to answer her door.

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:35 pm

Cas had been siting in her room with the twins, the were watching some show on the TV called Myth Busters, she had to admit it was fascinating.

She was doing paperwork while watching the TV. She had to admit that it was very nice that they were learning while being entertained.

Hearing a knock at the door she put her papers down and opened the door. She smiled when she saw V there.

"Hello, come on in."

She moved so V could enter the room and then shut the door.
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Number of posts : 1130

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:04 pm

Venis took a few steps in, enough to close the door. "Heya sis, what's up?" Venis just laughed. Casie would know she was up to something or that she wanted something. So she got right to it. "I need a serious pain killer, I don't have time to go to the house and dry up herbs and mix up pastes. I know Tash has nothing that would be strong enough. So I came to you." She grinned as she waited for her reaction.

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:16 pm

Yup, as soon as Venis called her sis she knew she wanted something.

"That's all? I thought you wanted something major. I have some Garden flax paste; but I'm almost out. This stuff is hard to come by."

She thought a moment.

"What do you want it for anyway."
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:22 pm

Venis laughed. "Yep, that's all. Ooo, Garden Flax would be awesome. If you need more and can't get it from where you got this batch from, hit up Kahn. He has those deadly herbs at the house in the atrium behind the waterfall." She had to laugh some more when she asked the next question. "Oh, I'm going to skin my husband 'alive'." Said with a straight face to be followed by a wicked grin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:25 pm

Cas stopped mid stride and turned back to Venis.

"Skin Khan alive? I'm not sure I want to give you the Garden flax for that."

She looked at the wiked grin and shook her head.

"Why are you going to skin him?"
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:35 pm

She laughed some more. "I just need some of his scales, small ones. So I promised him a pain killer. Do you have a spare pair of gloves?" That stuff could numb anything, even her dead hands. As soon as she had the gloves and the paste she would head for her room to pick up a few other craft supplies she thought they might be able to use. Including a mechanism that worked so that when you pushed the button, the arm would pour out the vile it would hold. Handy little gadget that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Juliet Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:03 am

She stepped out of the room giving a wave to Aryanna and Shayla, made a gesture to Dia so she wouldn't follow. She actually blushed a little as Jason held the door open for her. In the hall she took a moment to look at him and nod. "Yea she said second floor. You think our room is big, I hear Epiphany's is amazing." She started down to Epiphany's room and trying not to be shy by asking Jason about his summer plans.
Lil Juliet
Lil Juliet

Number of posts : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Casandra Lightheart Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:44 am

She nodded still confused but went and got the Garden flax and a pair of gloves and passed them over to V.

"I'll see you later."

She went back to the couch and sat down with the twins and retrieved her paper work.
Casandra Lightheart
Casandra Lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:32 pm

Eyebrows would arch when she said Pip's room was amazing. But she asked him about his summer plans. "Well, Manny says he's going to make sure I get my paid vacation early so I can enjoy it over the summer. So I was thinking that I would like go to some theme parks and stuff. I get two weeks and with Venis mapping out portals for me, I can visit a lot of them in those two weeks. You want to come along?" Roller Coasters were always more fun with a friend.

When they got to the second floor and turned down the hall he followed Pip's directions. Imagine his surprise when they came upon a door that looked more like it belonged in Venis' castle rather than here at the Inn. It was a large wooden door that seemed to be made of planks, like off a pirate ship. It had two beams crossing it and no handle or hinges. "Wow." He reached out and ran his hand over the door to see if it was real or an illusion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:13 am

It was safe to assume that Jason was so enthralled with the Door and how out of place it was that he didn't see Epiphany standing off to one side. She was being rather still and might have even blended into the Door and surrounding wall if it wasn't for that white lab coat she was wearing and the goggles that were dangling around her neck. Then again, maybe he did see her.

Epiphany hadn't been expecting him to touch the Door and so she couldn't say, or do, anything to stop him until it was already done and a screech came from the Door and it curved inward, away from the hand. "Whoa! Hey! What the --"

"I'm sure he didn't mean it." Epiphany quickly interrupted the Door, her hands displayed by her shoulders and fingers spread apart. She had spun to face the Door. "Okay?" Then she spun around to look at Jason and Juliet, they could see the wide-eyed expression on her face. "Okay? Right? You didn't mean it." Giving Jason one of those nods that said he should go along with it.

Despite what Epiphany said the Door was still rather flustered and there was grumbling in its core. Small, quick, stomps traveled through the wood and up to the very top where that small three by two door opened to reveal a pair of pin-point silver eyes. "Do you touch your mother with those hands? Do you? You should be ashamed!"

"Door."

"I'm not some cheap wood you know." The irritation in the high-pitched voice continued.

"Door...." That Epiphany dragged it out with a tight smile on her face as she looked from Jason and Juliet. She could only imagine what was going on in their minds right now.

"Is there a sign on me that says 'Easy Wood'? I don't think so. Kids these. . . "
and the rest trailed off into incoherent mumbles.

As the Door went on talking Epiphany had started to scrub her face with the heel of her hand. Though now it seemed as if it was done. "Yeah, sorry about that. You gotta be careful on how you touch the Door."

Epiphany
Epiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:14 pm

"Whoa!" Jason had seen Pip standing there, but the door so caught his attention. And now it was talking to him? From a hole near the top? "Huh? Oh, yea, didn't mean anything by it. No offense." He leaned up to look closer to the opening with the silvery pin point eyes in it, but he didn't dare touch the door again. He backed away just as fast as he had leaned up to peek

He listened as Pip conversed with her door. He kept looking at the door, tilting his head this way and that. He looked over at Juliet. "Did you know about this?" This being the door of course. When Pip directed her comment at him he leaned down sideways a bit to whisper to her. "Did I touch it somewhere ... Unmentionable?" He was still looking at the door.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Juliet Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:20 am

Juliet listened to what he said about the roller coaster, she had never been on one, they sounded a bit scary but also kinda fun. "Wow traveling to ride roller coasters sounds like a lot of fun. I would like that, I would just have to ask Inion ........" They had arrived at Pip's room before she knew it and before she could finish her sentence the door spoke, not just spoke but seemed to be yelling at them. She jumped, grabbed Jason's arm and hide a bit behind him without thinking. She stared at the door with huge eyes, she had seen Pip standing by the door but figured she was out there waiting for them. She stood there listening to Pip and the door talking. Jason's question brought her back to herself and she looked up at him, blushed and let go of his arm. "Inion told me the door talked but, hearing it is really surpising."

She stood straighter and moved toward the door, gave a slightly bow, then gave the door a soft smile, "we are very sorry if we offended you, its just that you are such a fantastic door that it is difficult not to be amazed. " How could a girl live with 4 irish fairies and not pick up some of the irish charm.
Lil Juliet
Lil Juliet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:06 am

While Jason was violating Epiphany's door, Venis was out on her balcony. "Willow dear. Could you come here please." She waited as the big pink baby came walking around from the stables. It was a few minutes but she eventually peeked around the corner. She looked down and smiled. "Hello baby. I need a favor."

Willow was so glad to have been called over by Venis that she was bouncing once she was sure it was her. She ran over to where she could look up and see Venis clearly. Her tail swished across the ground as she waited to see what Venis wanted.

Venis chuckled as she saw her. "Can I shrink you down and bring you in for a science project?" She smiled. "I promise it won't hurt." She hoped she would agree to it. But if not, she would figure something else out.

Willow looked up at her and shook her head. That was so not going to happen. Shrink her down, no way. She shook her head and her tail stopped wagging. She thought for sure that Venis had lost her ever lovin mind. She turned and headed back towards the stables.

Venis laughed as she saw the way Willow reacted. "Fine. I'll come out and play later." She watched as the dragon walked away. She turned and grabbed up her stuff and headed downstairs. She was still chuckling about the thing with Willow.

She rounded the corner to head down to Epiphany's room she saw everyone standing there. She walked up with a grin and a box. "Hey guys, what's up? Hello Door." Of course she would say hi to the door. She had talked to the door before. She had even tried to polish him once. Which reminded her, she would have to ask Epiphany later if she ever got her pin and her note.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Juliet Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:16 am

Juliet jumped again when she heard Lady Venis's voice, dang you would think living with a warrior princess she would have better skills of what was around her. Oh god she hoped Venis had not seen her holding Jason's arm and hiding behind him, she had a feeling that the poor boy would never hear the end of it, and that Fia would find out and have her in the training room. The thought of Jason getting teased did bring a giggle out of her lips, then a blush.
Lil Juliet
Lil Juliet

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:31 pm

The Door was in it's 'I'm-not-talking-to-anyone-so-you-better-know-how-to-speak-Doorinese' moods and therefore it said nothing in response to Jason, Juliet, or Venis. Epiphany heard it though - even if there wasn't anything to hear with the ears. "Don't pay the Door any mind." she told them as she made an elaborate stretch with her arms above her head. There was something about being still for too long that always got to her and made her feel the need to stretch, especially once she started moving again.

"It can be a bit overly sensitive at times." Epiphany rocked back towards the Door at the stress of those two words. This wasn't anything odd - to see her talking to a Door. Epiphany cocked her to head back to the Door, as if listening to something it was saying (she could speak Doorinese) and then gave a nod. "It says 'Hello' back to you Venis, and something about not needing any polish?" A question at the end for she had no clue what that meant. Why would Venis give the Door polish?

"Anyway....." They were not here to discuss stubborn Doors or polish or odd things of that nature, they were here to talk about science! "Welcome to my room, now, before we go in there are some things you need to know and abide by for the safety of all that will be inside the room. " She took a step away from the Door and rubbed her hands together.

"First off, no magic, please. It's for the safety of all in that room. So anything that has to be done, do it in regular, old fashioned way." She didn't know if any of them were magical beings or anything like that. There was Venis, but she wasn't 'magical' per se, though she could make things happen. "I'm not entirely to sure of what will happen but it's better to be safe than sorry. And ah, second. The Door will close behind us and if you want to leave to come back here, to the Inn, don't, ah, open the Door and expect to be back here 'cause the 'here' might not be 'here' at all but 'there.'"

Did that make sense to anyone besides her?

"Got it? Any questions?"

Epiphany
Epiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:20 am

Venis smiled as she saw Juliet hanging to Jason. She was glad they were friends. Jason could be rather shy at times. Though the two of them seemed to be getting along rather famously. Then her attention was drawn to Epiphany. She was passing a message from Door. "Hmm, ok. Maybe just a good rub down later then love?" She was, of course, addressing Door in response to Epiphany's passed message.

As she tried quite hard to contain her laughter at the threat of getting rather up close and personal with the hard wood, she listened to Epiphany and her instructions about her room. No magic, do things the old fashioned way. Hmm, well for Venis, having been born a witch, magic was the old fashioned way. But she knew what she had meant, so she would simply nod and agree. "Yes ma'am." That settled that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:01 am

Everyone was in agreement, at least that's how it seemed since she didn't hear any form of protest about what not to do in her room, and therefore the Door started to open. It was only a crack, the rest of it was left for Epiphany to open and that's what she started to do.

"And Venis, the Door doesn't think that you're referring to it because you're not it's love so...." The Door did know that the comment about the rub down was directed to it but it was already in a mood and he had mentioned to her before about rubbing and therefore didn't think that it deserved more comment than that.

Epiphany opened the Door by pushing inward and, as it opened, it started to simply disappear until there was nothing there but the frame work for all of them to walk through. When they would enter into Epiphany's room it would most certainly be nothing like any of the other rooms here at the Inn. Were they even still at the Inn once they were in her room? It was a good question and one that probably wouldn't get answered by Epiphany while she was around a collective of people. If she were asked she would simply say that her room was a room.

The floors were dark ebony wood of many thin panels laid out vertically, the walls were made of white marble, all the better to prevent damage and aborb some sound. The room was bright enough. A few cream colored frosted balls along the walls gave light and the walls helped to throw the light around the room. Epiphany was aware the Venis was a vampire and therefore the ceiling was black (even though it hardly looked like a ceiling and more of 'nothing-ness') and this helped the room to be only lit and not bright and uncomfortable.

A large bookcase was along one wall and it contained books from anatomy to the physics of time travel, a book she had borrowed from the Doctor a year or two ago and forgot to return. The shelf wouldn't have any book imaginable, but it was a good collection for anyone who studied anatomy, herb-ology, alchemy, and the stars. By that bookcase was a human skeleton and one that showed the muscles and organs. Then there was another shelf with many different jars and bottles - all labeled of course - with ingredients. There was even the trademark 'Eye of Newt' on the shelf.

The only other furniture visible in the room was a table with science supplies: beakers, burners, vials, tongs, tubs and the all important diffusers; and there was another larger table that was in the middle of the room. This table was round, made out of wood that looked slightly worn, and so were the seats that circled it.

Extra goggles, lab coats and various safety equipment was around the room as well. The only other thing to note is that once they were all in the room the entrance would vanish and it would be smooth wall.

Epiphany
Epiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:05 am

Jason found Venis' apparent relationship with the Door rather amusing. Evidently Venis had found humor in the Door's response to her as well, as she laughed out loud. Jason had never heard such laughter from her before. But once they entered into Pip's room it was all business. Jason looked around the room in amazement. He looked to see how Juliet reacted, Venis as well, who seemed to not be shocked at all.

They started their quest by looking in the books from Lady Inion that had been written by a dragon. They were very insightful as to why Dragon's breathed fire and how and where it came from. That would make this rather easy on the quartet. All they had to do was build the fire breathing Dragon and make the display to go with it explaining everything.

So first came the fun part. They had to find the chemicals to mix. Once those were discovered, and Jason had singed the hair on his knuckles, they were put aside. Then they constructed the frame work for the Dragon, who Jason named Pete. Then the mechanism was put into place and a test firing of the chemical's was done. They were making good time too.

Once the frame was built and the wood used was treated so it would be flame retardant, the Dragon was set aside. No magic meant that no one could portal in or out of the room, so the scales would be added later. It was time to do the report. So Jason got out a three paneled piece of cardboard and a pen and paper.

As the ladies read to him from various books regarding the subject, he made a list of facts to include. He titled his project 'Fire breathing Dragon's?' and made a 'plaque' of the title in letters that looked like flames. He glued them to the top of the center of the cardboard.

The left side of the cardboard showed how Dragon's 'breathed' fire. There was a handwritten page in essay form to explain the how of it all. It was accented by pictures of Dragon's internal organs, labeled of course. There was a picture of a Dragon sliced in half with lines and such to show how the fire comes from the lungs. It was very detailed.

The right side of the cardboard had a second essay page with an explanation of why Dragon's 'breathed' fire rather than simply exhaling air all the time. It explained how a Dragon's brain worked so the Dragon would know when to use that special lung to exhale fire rather than carbon dioxide. There were more pictures and illustrations to go with it.

And in the center section of the cardboard there were more essay pages. They described things like how to tell a fire Dragon from other Dragon's, and some of the different types that there were. There was information on how to act and not to act around them, what they eat, the types of places to find them in the wild, how to treat one that is injured, all sorts of information.

While Jason was writing up the essay pages someone had the idea to build a village with people in it for the Dragon to burn down. So that was added to the display where the Dragon stood. The cardboard was attached to the back of the display. And the ladies even helped decorate the cardboard. All in all it was a wonderful project.

When everything was done, and proper credit given at the bottom of the project, they made their way out of Pip's room, with her help of course. And the next day, Venis attached the scales to the Dragon that she had collected from Kahn the night before. Jason kept the scales moist and took good care of the project.

It was only a couple of days before it was time to go back to school and participate in the science fair. Jason stood proudly beside his project and watched as people came by to look at it and read it. And when the judges came to him ... Jason pressed on the scale that pressed the button that poured the chemical into the other chemical which caused the reaction of the fire which was pulled up into the copper tubing that contained the only air.

The final effect. The back draft caused by the copper tubing forced the fire to shoot out from the Dragon's mouth and nostrils. The village caught on fire and Jason put it out with the fire extinguisher he had at the ready. The judges were so impressed that Jason won a blue ribbon and a plaque. He received an A- for chemistry for his semester grade and his parents gave him the money for his summer trip of roller coaster hopping.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2