Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

My Science Project. {Open to all mad scientists, and anyone else}

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

My Science Project.  {Open to all mad scientists, and anyone else} Empty My Science Project. {Open to all mad scientists, and anyone else}

Post by Guest Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:06 am

Jason had just finished his morning work at the stables. He headed up to the room he was temporarily sharing with eight other men. He took a quick shower and got dressed. He wore a pair of baggy jean shorts that sat just low enough to see the waist band of his boxers, a big black T-shirt that hung down enough to cover what his shorts showed, and his white Nike high top shoes. He headed down to the bottom floor.

He carried with him a notebook and a pencil. He went over to the couches by the fireplace and sat his stuff down. Then he went over to the bar and got himself a soda. Returning to his seat, the seventeen year old high school student started trying to figure out what he was going to do for a science project.

Back to top Go down

My Science Project.  {Open to all mad scientists, and anyone else} Empty Re: My Science Project. {Open to all mad scientists, and anyone else}

Post by Epiphany Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:00 pm

Epiphany was headed down the steps with the full intention of going outside as it was still daylight hours. Her mission - if she did end up going - was to go in town and buy a pair of sunglasses. Yes, sunglasses. She didn't have any and, from what she read about them, they were suppose to help keep the sun out of a persons eyes. She had NightGlasses and had tried them, but they didn't work quiet the same way. They were designed to let light in so you can only imagine what they did when she wore them during the day.

Anyway, she was skipping down the steps - the knee-length black skirt fanned out with the movement but not too much - when she saw a guy taking up a spot by the fireplace. She stopped and watched him when she was about four steps away from the bottom and tugged on the long and wide sleeve of her thin blue cotton sweater. Who was he? She didn't remember seeing him around the Inn before, then again, she wasn't fully aware of everyone that crossed the main threshold either.

Epiphany leaned over the rail of the steps, the blood stone pendant shifting away from her neck, and actively watched the guy. He had papers.. she thought they were papers. It would be easier if she simply got off the steps and walked over, but for now she was spying, leaning on the rail and squinting to try and see more than her limited sight allowed. Which wasn't much.

Sometimes people knew that they were being watched and therefore she looked away to the front door. Deciding that she didn't need to go out right away - not like she was on a schedule or anything - she finished her decent and headed towards the guy at the fireplace.

"Hey there, whatcha doing?" Take that shyness! Walking up to strangers and saying 'hello' wasn't something she normally did, but it never hurt to do something new. Besides, now that she was closer, she saw that he did have papers. Never know, he could be up to something interesting.

Cue the curiosity.

Epiphany
Epiphany

Number of posts : 615

http://www.bebo.com/iastepiphany

Back to top Go down

My Science Project.  {Open to all mad scientists, and anyone else} Empty Re: My Science Project. {Open to all mad scientists, and anyone else}

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:51 pm

Jason looked up at the lady and smiled. He sat up straight in his seat. She was hot. Come on, he was a hormonal seventeen year old male. "I have a science project due in a couple of weeks, and I have no idea what to do for it. It's very important to get a good grade on it, If I don't, my grade point average will drop and that looks bad on college applications. Do you like science? You can join me." He motioned to an empty seat in case she did want to join him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:14 pm

Grade point average, college applications? Those were a couple of things that Epiphany didn't know anything about. She had various training and pieces of education, but nothing that had those terms. Even the school at the Orphanage didn't have grade point averages. However, in an attempt to not seem completely out of the loop she kept the look of utter confusion off of her face for her said something she could relate too and that was science!

"Science is my middle name," she said with a laugh as she pulled back the empty seat and plopped herself right into it. Sitting sideways she crossed her right leg over her left knee, the red and black diamond leg-warmers she wore pulling slightly with the bent knee. The rest of her leg was bare up to the hem of the skirt which was now half-way up her thigh. No, she wasn't giving her appearance any thought because she was still decent and the skirt wasn't too high. Yet.

Left elbow propped up on the table, head in her palm, she gave the young guy a smile. "Actually my name is Epiphany, though some people just call me Pip. What's your name? I'm sure if we put our heads together we can come up with something. Just tell me what you like." And there was the laugh again. It was light and had a happiness about it. Why not?, they were about to talk about one of her favorite subjects.

Epiphany
Epiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Juliet Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:48 am

Backpack on, ipod plugged into her ears and sunglasses on, Juliet was heading down the stairs on her way out to the local library to get some books for school. Inion had quite the library in thier room, but nothing on the histiory of this land so it was off in search off some. At the bottom of the stairs she stopped and tilted her head. Wasn' that the guy she danced with at the ball. A frown on her brow as she tried to remember his name. Jason that was it. Studing him for a moment a grin spread across her lips.

She moved over to him and the lovely lady she had seen around but couldn't remember her name. Tapping him on the shoulder from behind. "Hi Jason, remember me? Juliet, from the dance a couple of months ago."
Lil Juliet
Lil Juliet

Number of posts : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:38 pm

Jason laughed. She was so bubbly. "Ok, hi Pip. I'm Jason. You probably know my Dad. Derek Feildman, he, well we, work for Lady Venis. Um, as far as what I am into, I really don't know. But this years project has to be big." His other science projects of years past had been mediocre. He was definitely looking for the big one this year.

And enter the lovely Juliet. He looked up when his shoulder had been tapped.
"Hey there Juliet. Long time no see, why don't you join us?" He was sure happy to see a face he knew. Though he was also very happy to have made a new friend. He was beginning to think he was going to have some fun here after all. "Oh hey, anyone know why dragons breathe fire? We could do something about that maybe? Unless you think that will end up blowing things up?" Shhh, he liked it when things went boom.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Juliet Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:45 pm

She blushed at his smile. He had one of those smiles that was contagious. Remembering her manners she truned a smile to Epiphany. "hi I don't think we have actually gotten introduced, Lady Inion said you are the Lady Epiphany I believe," she held out her hand " I am Juliet."

"Join you? did I hear you say something about science.?" she frowned "thats my worse subject, I don't know how much help I would be. I was actually on my way out to the library to get some histroy books on Rhy'din for a report. Inion's library is full of books but nothing that would help me, Hey, I think she has some on science and such. Maybe when I get back, it wont take me long I just need to pick up the books, I can check Inion's books for something."

She blinked at the mention of dragons, a bit surprised. "Inion has a big book on dragons, it was given to her by a dragon, maybe if we ask nicely she will let you borrow it."
Lil Juliet
Lil Juliet

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:08 am

Books. How true it was that a person could find out almost anything they needed to know from a book and, if Inion had a book that could help then all the better.

While Jason talked to Juliet, Epiphany started thinking about the chosen topic: Dragons. She only met a few dragons - P'dwagons counted, right? - and therefore she wasn't versed in the intricate workings of their anatomy, only the general functions. Evenso, it was giving her ideas.

"A book would be great. It's one thing to do a experiment, but another to explain it." Yes, explain what you are doing. Epiphany could explain things, it was whether anyone could understand her explanations. "There has to be a science behind why dragons breathe fire, or how, and if a science project is just a written report...." She trailed off, eyes drifting to the papers he had on the table. So far, the only thing she knew about this school Science Project was that it had a lot to do with papers and sounded more like a report than anything else. Besides, it seemed like he actually wanted to do something!

"And, while we're learning how Dragons make their fire, to help with your explain, we should make a dragon."
Wide and bright smile. "Not a living and breathing dragon but a model and, on the inside, we can work together chemicals that produce a blast of fire."

Epiphany
Epiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 03, 2009 2:23 am

Jason smiled a big cheesy grin. "I would love for you to join us when you come back. And the book would be a great help." He looked over at Pip. "Well, see, we would have to make a dragon otherwise it's more like a report than a science project. But I think it would be awesome. Oh wait, did you say mixing chemicals? Doesn't that leave open the possibility of explosions?" These ladies were saying the magic words. He even knew where he could get some real dragon scales to put on the dragon.

He looked over at the stairs. "Lady Jordianthan is supposed to bring me some supplies and lend me a hand. You guys don't mind if she joins us, do you?" She had told him at the Valentine's Day dance that she would help him, that was why he was at the Inn. And the figured that the more heads that went into creating this science project, the better. Plus, she would be very helpful on the subject of Dragons. She was married to one, had one for a son, and kept a pink one as a pet. Between her, Juliet with the book and the fact that Pip had that look upon her face, he was sure to get an A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Juliet Tue May 05, 2009 12:26 am

She gave them both a smile and moved away a bit. "Ok I will run to the library and be back real quick, then we can ask Inion if we can borrow the book." Heading out the door she waved bye to them and hurried off to the library. She liked the idea of recreating dragon fire.
Lil Juliet
Lil Juliet

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Wed May 20, 2009 10:58 pm

Now, Epiphany was a little fire happy 'make-things-go-boom' alchemist, but that didn't mean she wasn't safe. A lot of wicked things could happen if you were just in for the explosion and, even though there were healers around, was bring yourself to near-death really worth it? She may do crazy things, but she was always safe. Some of the time anyway, and this is why she was giving the young guy a skeptical look.

"You know......," That's how she started it off, even trailed the end a bit. Leaning back in the chair she occupied she scratched the side of her neck. "I hope you're excited about this for want of making things explode because, if you are then maybe it's not such a good idea. If things happen to explode, that's great but, it's not about that." Not for her anyway, though that small speech had her sounding on the verge of a reprimanding adult. Scary.

Then came the question of Venis joining them on this project. Four people, one project - it was fixing to be a team effort. As for her answer, she gave a small shrug of her shoulders, folding her hands behind her head as she spoke. "It is your project. You can invite the whole Inn to help if you want."

Wouldn't that be something.

Epiphany
Epiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2009 1:53 am

And almost as if she had been called upon, Venis was coming down the steps. She was carrying a big box of art supplies and a book on chemistry. She rounded the steps and headed over to the two sitting by the fireplace. "Hey guys. Epiphany, you helping?" She smiled a big smile. She liked Epiphany and was glad for the extra hands.

She sat the box down in an empty seat. "So, have you figured out what your project is going to be?" She sat down in another empty seat and crossed her left leg over her right. She was all smiles, she had a definite love of science. She was glad that Jason had asked her to help him get a good grade on his project this year. It had been a while since she had gotten to do things like this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:17 pm

Jason looked over at Pip and grinned. "Oh no, I want a good grade. Science and me are acquaintances at best, so it's starting to drag my grades down a bit. I'm in it for the grade and the fun that could be had in the whole learning process. Explosions are just gravy." It was all true. But he thought that meat and potatoes were good, meat and potatoes with gravy were better.

He heard the voice and looked up to see Venis coming towards them. "Hello Lady Jordianthan. Pleasure to see you again." He waited for her to sit down, even lifting his butt from the seat some as she sat because had he not, his father would have his hide. He smiled as he looked towards Pip for a moment. "Pip here helped me figure out what I'm, er rather we're, going to do. We are going to explain how or why dragons breathe fire. We even want to make a model of a fire breathing dragon." He had such a look of joy on his face.

He had more to add though. "Juliet is going to join us when she comes back from the library, and she said Lady Inion has a book she might let us borrow to help." Then his expression changed from joyous to hopeful and pleading. "Do you think that Lord Darkmane or Lord Jordianthan could spare some scales for it so it's more realistic?" He knew that was a crazy thing to ask, but it was worth a shot. He would have asked for some of Willow's, but she was pink. Lord Darkmane was black, and Lord Jordianthan was silver. Much better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:20 pm

"Real scales? Hi Venis," taking care of the 'hello' while she was in the midst of being slightly confused about the dragon scales. Epiphany leaned back more in her chair until it was balanced on the two back legs. Propping one foot upon the edge of the table she began to rock the chair back and forth, not really thinking about whether or not this would be considered rude or imposing. It simply wasn't at the forefront of her mind right now however, if the space had been cluttered, or she was sitting really close to Jason, or in a skirt, this position would never have been thought of. It was merely another position she took up when thinking while in a chair by a table.

"I..suppose we can use real scales, that would be pretty neat. Though I always thought that they were really big things?" Tipping her head towards Venis with that question as she was probably the only one at this table who knew the answer. "And that they were not really flexible? Well, they have to be flexible to some degree." A chuckle followed her words as she stretched her hands up above her head. She had never seen a scale that wasn't on a dragon and only had the opportunity to touch one a long time back. She imagined that, like blood, the properties of it changed once it wasn't attached anymore. "Dragons are not stiff, so their scales should not be either." There that just about answered her own question.

"And we could make a large model...."
Even though she was thinking of making it small enough for a table display, bigger would work too, though the may have to construct it outside depending on how big it was going to be. It was for a Science project, but what did that have to do with size? So many things to think about for this one thing. "It just make take a bit more time. Uses more effort and resources to cut six foot long pieces as opposed to six inch ones." Not to mention drawing up plans and all that other stuff.

Would she go through all that trouble for something of a smaller scale? Not really. She didn't need a blueprint for small items.

Epiphany
Epiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Juliet Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:14 am

It hadn't taking long for Juliet to get to the library ad get her books, thank god for the internet, she had reserved them online and just had to pick them up. She didn't rush back but did try to make it back quickly.

As she stepped into the room she noticed the lady Venis "hello lady Venis" she gave her a smile, but the smile she gave Jason had a little twinle in her eye. "So on the way there I was remembeing that Lady Inion may have more then one book we could borrow or atleast looke at." She plopped down on the couch shurged off her backpack yanked her earbuds out of her ears, and sat her sunglasses on the table. "how much did I miss wile I was away?"
Lil Juliet
Lil Juliet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:39 am

Venis chuckled, she loved to see Jason's enthusiasm. "Ok, ok, slow down. First of all, I told you call me Venis sweety, and if Derek has a problem with it he can take it up with me." A grin and a wink before she continued. "Ok, so the theme is dragons and breathing fire, a subject near and dear to my heart." She grinned devilishly.

So to answer Epiphany's question. "Um, we can use scales from the head neck and feet. Those are relatively small. But you will have to use a lotion to keep them moist so they don't dry out and get flaky. I think Dre has given up enough scales for a lifetime of lifetimes, so we can get some from Kahn. He won't mind. Some pain killers and he'll be right as rain." She laughed again, he had done worse than plucked a few scales for her before.

It was a good thing she knew a few things about dragons. "The way a dragons scales are layered is why they move like they do. They are only attached on one side and they overlap to make the full coverage that you see. So a few from here and there isn't going to be too bad. Plus, he heals a lot faster than most dragons." She had already started trying to think of how they could attach them to the fake dragon so they laid right.

Then Juliet walked up and Venis gave the girl a bright smile. "Oh, hello Juliet. How are you today sweety? And you too can call me Venis. Formalities make me feel old more often than not." Size of the model was in question, so once Juliet was finished speaking, Venis would continue. "Perhaps more like two feet at the most? I don't think we could get enough scales to make one six feet tall. That would strip Kahn nearly bare. And I think six inches would be hard to do and make the scales look right." A nod at that.

Juliet had mentioned books on dragons, which would be very helpful for the things that Venis didn't know. "I think books to help are a lovely idea Juliet." That was all she could say on that subject. After all, this was Jason's project and she was just here to help. She understood his desire to get a good grade. She had been there herself several times over her lifetime.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:15 pm

Jason smiled at Venis. "Yes ma'am." He grinned because he knew that would get him a look. When she started talking about scales, he started making notes. It was all important things for him to know. "Um, will baby lotion work?" He knew that Tasha had some because she used it on her legs. How did he know? It was on her shopping list.

He made note that the model dragon was going to be about two feet tall. Or at least that was a suggested size. He looked up when Juliet came back and he smiled. Her smile was so pretty, it made her eyes twinkle.
"Welcome back Juliet, you didn't miss much, we're still in the planing stage." It took him a second to snap his attention back to his project.

Then Juliet mentioned the books. He was so happy that this was already starting to work out as a good idea. He liked dragons and this was the best idea he'd had so far. "Very cool. So we need to get started. Um, ok. Pip, do you know where we could do this? And if you know where we could get some lab coats and goggles and stuff, that would be great. Venis, do you mind hunting down Kahn for those scales. Juliet, you and I can go talk to miss Inion about those books. Then we can all meet back ... Well, where ever you think we should do this Pip." He smiled, he liked that it was his project. It gave him a chance to take charge, at least a little.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Juliet Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:24 pm

She blushed a bit when Venis asked her to just call her Venis but still had a bright smile for her."I will try to remember that, it's a habit so it might be hard to stop." She listened to what was said and jumped up when Jason was given out the marching orders. "aye aye captian Jason, lady Inion was in our rooms when I left I am sure she is still there." She grabbed he backpack and started heading back up to her room, figuing Jason would follow when he was set.

Opening the door to thier room she was attacked by Dia, "shhzzz Dia I wasn't gone that long." The pup danced around her begging for a pet and of curs Juliet did just that, while stepping into the room. Inion had someone come in and magically change the room so that it was more like an apartment then a room at an Inn and Inion was in her office/library doing her usual paperwork. "Inion may we ask you something?" She left the door open so that Jason could come in.
Lil Juliet
Lil Juliet

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:51 am

Did she know anywhere were they could work, of course she did! For one, they could always take a trip down the road and over the bridge to the home of the Genius or, they could keep it 'in house' and head upstairs to her room. Being that Juliet was going to get resources from Inion and other supplies were going to be gathered from Venis and Tasha's rooms, doing it here was the more reasonable choice.

"Two feet tall, lab coats, protective gear, cauldrons, and books," She checked the general supplies off verbally as she set her chair down and pushed back from the table, rising to stand on her feet. "I got it covered. The part of what is suppose to be in the room that is. You all should come to my room. We can do it there, it'll be big enough for all of us and the dragon."

Unless any of them had objections it was decided.

She saw Juliet heading off but, to make sure she heard her, Epiphany cupped her hands around her mouth and in a semi shout said: "Second floor! Last one on the right! A castle door!" Yes, a castle door, that was how she described it anyway and what she wanted it to look like. Even if the Door liked to say it was Gate Keeper door instead of a castle one, Epiphany failed to see the difference.

"You already know where my room is Venis, don't be afraid to haul in a dragon. We'll find a way to get it in the door." Joking? Maybe, who knows sometimes with this girl.

After she pushed back her chair she rubbed her hands together and clapped once. "Alrighty then! See you all upstairs!" Without any more pomp or circumstance Epiphany exited out to prepare her room.

She did have a lab to prepare.

Epiphany
Epiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:12 am

Inion was in thier room, actually she was in her office going over paperwork and soem other stuff. Shayla and Aryanna were in the front room area playing a crazy rabbit game on the wii. The girls waved at Juliet as she passed by but turned their attention back to the game quickly.

In Inion's office soft music played but you couldn't hear the noise from the game. She looked up as Juliet entered, "Of course Juliet." Paperwork was set aside and the laptop was closed so she could listen to thre request.
Inion
Inion

Number of posts : 303

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:03 pm

Venis nodded to Jason. "Yes, baby lotion will work." She smiled at Juliet. "Thank you sweety." She continued to listen, Jason would make a great team leader someday. She nodded when asked to find Kahn for scales. And then a very large grin spread across her face. "You're room sounds like the perfect place Epiphany." She loved the idea of messing with the door again. Cauldrons? She shook the thought from her head and then headed upstairs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:39 am

Jason was quite pleased with himself as the women were all happily willing to help. He listed to everything everyone said, especially when Pip gave directions to her room. He thought this was going to be a great time. He jogged a couple of steps to catch up with Juliet.

When they headed into the room he looked around in amazement. Maybe he should ask Inion to decorate the men's room, they were rather cramped. And Inion had made the room look and feel twice it's normal size. He followed Juliet into Inion's office and was immediately met with the scent of cheesecake. He loved cheesecake. He stood there enjoying the smell as Juliet asked her about the books.

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:14 am

Inion smiled at Jason as he entered the office behind Juliet. "hello, Jason right? It's good to see you again." She listened to Juliet explain what the were doing and what they needed. A nod was given. "I have a few books on dragons." she turned around and started looking through the books on the shelf. "hmmm this one might be too much." she ran a hand along the spine of a very thick book, then moved along the shelf and pulled from it 3 books. "these ones might be better." she sat them on the desk, the first one looked as though it was covered in blue dragon scales "this one actually shows the workings of how dragons breath fire. It
shows the details and explains it really well." She pointed to the second book. "this one well help you build the model, and the third may seem a bit childish but it is actually pretty good." Turning again she pulled a little notebook from a shelf in it was a college essay on dragons. "I am not sure if it will help but you never know. " She looked at Juliet, " I know you both will treat the books with care, the two main ones were written and given to me by a dragon so the information should be perfect."

She smiled again at Jason, somehow she had picked up on his thoughts about the room size. "I can have the person that helped me with my room come the mens if the Lady Venis doesn't mind. I am sure all of you in one room can be cramped. When you are done with the project come see me about it then."
Inion
Inion

Number of posts : 303

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Juliet Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:53 am

Juliet carefully picked up the books that Inion had picked out and held them close. She gave Inion a one armed hug. "thank you Inion, I promise I will have my report done in no time. I got the books from the library. Oh and we are working in Lady Epiphany's room, I have heard some cool things about her room." Her excitment made Inion laugh.

In the front room again Juliet took out the library books and replaced them with Inion's. When they were ready to go she held the bag out to Jason and grinned.
Lil Juliet
Lil Juliet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:23 pm

Jason nodded and spoke softly. "Yes ma'am." He listened to the two women and when he was addressed again he smiled. "I'm sure she would be fine with it ma'am. When the men first got in there, Venis made a few changes with the furniture and what not to make it more roomy. But you room just seems to be ... Huge." He smiled as he looked around again.

He had of course listened to what she had said about the books. "Thank you so much for loaning us those books, we will take the best of care of them." He smiled and gave a slight bow to Inion before he and Juliet left the room. When Juliet handed him the backpack, he gave no thought to taking it. He simply took it and placed it over his shoulder. "Now, she said second floor right? We get to meet the infamous door." With a grin he opened to door for her so they could go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next