Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Seeking a Friend {Closed}

Go down

Seeking a Friend {Closed} Empty Seeking a Friend {Closed}

Post by Guest Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:42 am

Kyra had finally found her way to the Keep and went off in search of Isah. There was something she needed to talk to him about, and it scared her enough that she came to a place she didn't want to be. It took her forever to decide whether or not this was even necessary, but she had to make some things clear for her own peace of mind. She had one idea of how things were, but something in her gut told her that might not necessarily the case at all. She walked around the grounds of the keep looking at anyone she saw to see if it was Isah, but if it wasn't, she kept walking. There was no telling where he would be at this time of day.

A woman dressed in cotton skirts and a white blouse walked up to Kyra. "Hi miss, can I help you? You look like you're looking for something?" The woman carried a basket of bread. She was making deliveries to a few of the elderly people who lived within the keep. She knew everyone who lived in the keep, everyone knew everyone. Which was how she knew that the young lady was new to the keep.

Kyra stopped, looking a bit frustrated cause she didn't know how to find him. Nodding to the woman who approached her she let out a sigh and spoke to her.

"I am looking for a friend of mine...his name is Isah. But I don't know where he lives. I think he told me before he left, but I forgot to bring the information with me. Unless he didn't tell me, in which case the letter he left wouldn't help me."

She was rambling because she was nervous and her wings were fluttering with that. Things were hard enough without wandering around aimlessly.

The woman chuckled and offered her a roll. "No problem sweety, Isah doesn't life far. Go down this road seven more houses, take the road to the left and he is the fourth house on the right. No need to be nervous around here." She hoped that she had helped the young lady calm down a little.

She smiled and took the offered roll from the nice lady, and took note of where she said she needed to go. She tried to calm down, but she knew that wasn't going to be possible given the place she was at, that she told him she wouldn't come, and all that other stuff too. She nodded and spoke again to the woman.

"Thank you for the roll and your help. Do I owe you anything for the roll?"

Not sure how things worked here she figured she better offer to pay for it just in case. One never knows about such things in new surroundings.

The woman smiled. "Oh no, you owe me nothing sweety. I hope you enjoy your visit with Isah. Have a lovely and blessed day." She nodded respectfully to her before she headed off to finish her deliveries.

Isah had one of the fenced in yards. Here, the horses and other animals were not fenced in, some of the houses were if they wanted to keep the animals out of their yards for one reason or another. Isah's reason for a fence. The garden Kyra would find him tending.

Kyra smiled and nodded to the woman as she headed off to find his house. She took her time trying to think of the right things to say, and prayed she didn't completely ruin their friendship, because he was one of her closest friends. Once she was at the house the woman told her, she stopped seeing him in the yard. She nearly lost all nerve and was ready to run back to where she came from, but she knew that wasn't an option. Her wings fluttering she made her way to where he was at and spoke softly.

"Hi..."

She didn't want to startle him so she stood there and waited for him to see her.

Isah looked up and smiled the biggest smile he had ever smiled in his life. He got up out of the garden and grabbed a towel off of the wheel barrel he had near by. He started to wipe the sweat from his body as he walked out of the garden. "Hi sweety, come on in, the gate is open." He motioned for her to follow him. He was headed to the cottage. He needed to get out of the sun anyway, and maybe put more clothes on. He hadn't really ever been around her with so little on. He was just wearing shorts and flip flop shoes. He opened the door to his cottage to let her in.

She stood there watching him and gave him a slight smile. She took deep breaths as she followed him into his cottage and looked around when she got inside. Not sure what to do or say she commented on his place.

"It's pretty here...."

Her voice wouldn't be able to hide the fact that she was nervous, and if he didn't catch it there, he would see it on her face or the fact that her wings were fluttering like they did when she was nervous.

He brought a hand up to brush the side of her face. "Thank you. I'm sorry the place is such a mess." There wasn't exactly a mess, but his furniture looked like it came from the side of the road or a swap meet or even dumpsters in some cases. When his ex had left him, she took everything, even the cat. But he was slowly working on getting furniture though, and for now there was at least a couch. "Have a seat. I have fresh made Lemonade chilling in the fridge, are you thirsty?" If she had walked all the way here or even flied, there was a good chance that she was.

She tried her best not to back away from his touch but couldn't help it. She took a step back not that she wouldn't want him to touch her, but because she knew what she was here to talk to him about and she didn't want to be unfair to him. Somehow she felt she already was being unfair to him, and quickly realizing how perceptions can be made about the two of them, she wanted things to be clear. She sat down before she spoke.

"If you don't mind, I would like some. That is if it isn't too much trouble."

She hadn't flown nor walked all the way to the keep, she walked through portals to get there. After talking to her father about how to get there it seemed like her best option.

The look on his face could have been concern or worry or even confusion, because he was feeling all of the above as she pulled away from his touch. "No, it's not too much trouble." He walked over to the kitchen. One of the few other things he had managed to get again was dishes, so he did have two matching glasses. He put ice in the glasses and filled them with the Lemonade. Then he brought them in and handed one to her. He sat down on the couch, not too close though. He got the impression that she didn't want him close.

Her eyes looked sad when she saw the look on his face. She knew this was going to be a blow, but she was trying not to make it any worse than it was going to be. So she took a drink and set the glass down. She stared at him for several moments before speaking. Her voice was shaky and she put her hands together trying not to fidget.

"Umm....I'm sorry I came out here, even though I said I wouldn't, but I needed to talk to you."

She stopped, not sure how this was supposed to go or anything like that.

He was definitely confused now. "Don't be sorry, I am so happy to see you. Though, you don't seem too happy to see me." He kind of wanted her to say what she needed to say, because something told him that it was going to hurt.

She took a deep breath and said what was on her mind regardless of the consequences.

"It's not that I'm not happy to see you, because I am. We are friends and why wouldn't I be happy to see a friend."

She stopped for a moment because she was rather rushing her thoughts, and she knew they would get jumbled and misunderstood if she didn't slow down. Taking another breath she started again, but this time slower. God how she didn't want to hurt him...or lose his friendship.

"I wanted you to hear this from me before someone else saw things and told you. I've made a new friend, and there might be something more there, time will only tell. I care about you a lot and have had time while you have been gone, and even when I went away, to really think about our friendship. I want to be fair to you and tell you, I don't see our relationship going past friends. I don't want to lose you as a friend and I guess I'm naive and new to this, but I think some things that we have done can be perceived as us having a relationship past friendship."

Not sure if she should say anything else, she sat there and watched him. Her face would tell him this hurt her to say to him because she was new to this, and because she was scared of how he was going to take this.

He lowered his head as she spoke. She was right, there were things that they had done, even just a few short days before, that could have been perceived as more than just friends. He looked up and over at the snowglobe upon his fireplace mantle. He sighed then. He had no words at the moment, nothing made sense to him. He was hurting already. He knew it had been a bad idea to come home. He knew that she would find someone else while he was away. But he had to go, he had to go though, he needed to breathe. She had bailed on him so many times. And now, she was doing it yet again. It was enough to drive a man mad with insanity.

She saw where his eyes went and had to look away for fear that she would start crying, because she could only imagine what he was feeling. She spoke after several moments because there didn't seem like anything she could say to make things ok.

"I'm sorry....I better head back home. I don't think there is anything I can say that will make this not hurt, and I can tell it does hurt."

She stood and looked at him once more before turning to head for the door.

He jumped up and grabbed for her arm. He spun her around and pulled her into a deep and passionate kiss, like the one they had shared only a few short nights before. As he kissed her his hand came up to the side of her face to hold her there. Once he broke the kiss he left his head pressed to hers for a moment, his eyes not opening for fear of the tears that threatened to fall. He quietly whispered to her. "I will not stop caring about you." There was a brief pause. Maybe someday, probably sooner than he thought, he would be able to forgive her for what felt to his heart like betrayal, but for now all he could say was. "Now go, leave, before I say something I can never take back." He released her arm and turned his back to her. He took deep breaths as he waited for her to leave.

Shock registering on her face as he grabbed her and spun her around and then kissing her like he did the night of the party. She didn't have a clue what to do, and she couldn't even register to return the kiss even if she had wanted to, so she just stood there staring at him. After he spoke she watched as he turned his back on her and for good reason. She was glad he did because tears began to fall for several reasons, he may not have grabbed her hard but she could feel the heat of his hands on her and the heat from his lips on hers. Shaking now she turned and walked out the door shutting it behind her. She walked down the walk way and out of the fence before opening a portal and moving through it to her room at the inn. She laid on the bed and cried until she fell asleep.

There were so many things that he could have said to her, should have said to her, before she walked out that door. But he didn't. But once that door closed behind her he leaned down and grabbed one of the cinder blocks that held up one end of the board he used as a coffee table. Swinging it up and then down it crashed through the board that had fallen to an angle. The board broke in two and anything that had not broken when the board fell, broke with the crashing down of the cinder block. He gabbed up the other cinder block and spun around in a circle. When he released it, it flew through the window, sending glass and wood chips everywhere.

As he continued his turn he brought a hand up and wiped his arm across the fireplace mantle. Picture frames and little jars and vases he had made as well as some other things were all swept of to the floor to crash down and shatter. Later he would notice that the snowglobe had been all that remained upon the mantle, but that was later. He grabbed up a wooden chair and smashed it into the wall before turning and punching the wall. His fist making a rather large hole in the wall.

He finally stormed off to the bathroom. He turned on the cold water and got into the shower, clothes and all. As he cried he realized he was still angry. So with the hand that wasn't already bleeding from hitting the wall, he began to punch the tile wall in the shower, repeatedly. His blood began to flow down the wall. But he continued to punch until all he could do was collapse into a heap in the shower floor and cry. And there he was, sitting under the cold water, crying and bleeding.

Back to top Go down