Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

The Arrival of the Half Elf

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Arrival of the Half Elf Empty The Arrival of the Half Elf

Post by Tarinilis Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:17 am

Grey almond shaped eyes peer about at the new location. He had been around the city before, but had not visited this place before. Figuring a change of pace, he headed for the bar. He didn't drink, but he did enjoy some good brewed tea. Black silk is seen covering the upper torso, long black hair hangs free down the figures back. Black soft leather boots, silver symbols embroidered into them, walk silently across the ground. Black silk balloon pants hang about the figures legs. Quite pointy ears are seen through the black hair. Supple fingered hands wrap around the door handle and open the door into the common sitting area of the bar. Stepping inside, the figure waits for eyes to adjust, which doesn't really take too long. Walking further inside, he sits at the bar quietly, and looks for the tender.

Tarinilis

Number of posts : 37

Back to top Go down

The Arrival of the Half Elf Empty Re: The Arrival of the Half Elf

Post by Nephalei Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:39 am

Nephalei, upon walking back into the inn, noticed that it was considerably more... empty... than it was. At first glance, it didn't look like anyone was around anymore. Then she turned a corner and saw that there was a man sitting at the bar. Well, why not? she figured, and went over to him.

She didn't sit down, for obvious reasons, but instead moved aside a bar stool and stood at the counter, leaning on it with her elbows. She turned to greet the man, but then stopped short as she noticed his long, pointy ears. An elf?

Wow.

She didn't think they existed. But then, this was a Great Adventure. It was full of surprises.

For a moment she paused, taken aback. But then she collected herself, and her slightly agape lips turned to a smile. "Hello," she said, though she didn't quite know what to say after that.

She was always all too eager to meet people, but wasn't particularly good at it.

Nephalei

Number of posts : 96

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarinilis Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:57 pm

The half elf looked to the new patron, still not seeing a tender about. A seemingly perfect smile would grace the figures lips. Smooth skinned face, not a trace of facial hair could be seen. However, something about his build didnt seem like he was a full elf. He speaks in a very quiet tone, yet oddly audible.

"Hello. First person I have seen around since my arrival. How are you..."

He seems to be waiting for a name, though not forcefully, but would like to have a name to go with the face.

Tarinilis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephalei Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:06 pm

"Ah, yes..." Her name. Right.

She really wasn't good at conversation.

"Nephalei," she said, "And I'm..." She paused, not quite sure how to answer the seemingly simple question of "how are you". She was a lot of things right now. "Well," she resumed, "I'm excited...happy...confused...curious...a little scared... and, well, just a bit tired, too." She named the feelings as she felt them. It was an unconvential answer to a very conventional question, but she was feeling rather daring and very honest. She laughed softly to herself and shook her head as she finished, realizing how silly she must have sounded.

"And what about you?" she asked, turning her eyes back to him. "How are you, mister...?" She waited for a name, just as he had.

Nephalei

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarinilis Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:45 pm

Listening rather intently to her answer, he chuckled a bit. Grey almond shaped eyes would scan her actions as he responded with his own name.

"Tarin. Or so everyone calls me. And I am quite fine, at least for one such as myself."

He looks towards the bar, then around it, not sure if there was a tender here. Most places he frequented didn't, but had people who ran them out of boredom, or obligation, or perhaps some extra pocket change.

"Is there by chance a tender here? I haven't seen one around."

He looks back to the one known as Nephalei. Grey almond shaped eyes seem to want to look into her soul, but comforting at the same time.

Tarinilis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephalei Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:06 am

"Pleased to meet you, Tarin." She nodded a greeting, then looked around. "I don't know if there is a tender. Everyone is...um... rather busy, it seems." She glanced back towards the main reception area - still empty. Everyone had gone downstairs and no one had emerged yet.

She turned back to Tarin. "You just missed quite some chaos, you know."

Nephalei

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarinilis Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:21 pm

An eyebrow raises, his elven face smoothing back after a moment.

"Oh? What exactly did I miss?"

A small smirk appears on his face, listening intently to what is to come.

Tarinilis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephalei Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:42 pm

She hesitated for a moment, thinking of how to explain when she really didn't know much herself. Besides, didn't Seleen and the others want to keep everything fairly secret...?

"Well," she began, slowly, "I was hit by a runaway cart earlier today and hurst myself rather badly. I think my ankle was broken and I had a fairly deep cut, too. I came here with Vesta..." - she glanced around. Vesta was still nowhere to be found. - "...well, she's not here right now, but I'm sure she'll be back. I only met her this morning - truly, I only just arrived here this morning, and I don't even know how - but.. you know, it does feel longer..." She turned her head thoughtfully as that occurred to her. It really did feel as if she'd been here for days, when it had only been a few hours. Given, a few eventful hours, but a few hours nonetheless.

She blinked, bringing herself back to reality. "Anyway, yes... So Vesta and I came here, and it turned out that something was going on here, though I don't know what. I was healed, though, so that was good. Did you know there's magic here?" She supposed that was a stupid question to ask an elf, of all creatures. Clearly, elves and magic went together. "I don't know how I got here, but I'm certainly very far away from home. Where I'm from, there aren't any elves or magic or vampires or anything of the sort. It's rather boring, truly. But this place is like a fairytale, yes?" A smile creeped onto her face. She couldn't help it; it was just so exciting! "I probably should be trying to get home. It's the responsible thing to do. But I'm tired of being responsible, so I've decided that I'll stay for a bit." She paused, then added jokingly, "It shall be my Great Adventure, of course!"

She realized that she was rambling, then, and stopped talking. She was slightly embarrassed. She was doing this babbling thing a lot today, it seemed.

Nephalei

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:47 pm

Coming into the general area of the bar, scratching her head, was Vesta. "I tell ya I am never going to get use to that whole lady thing people like to toss at me. Never. Should go back in town and get a dress. Shock all of them and then--- Nephalei!"

Yes she had been talking to herself again but when she turned around to make sure she wouldn't topple over something she saw her centaur buddy talking to some guy.

"There you are, and standing as easy as you were when I saw you this morning." Stopping by the couple and looking down to the leg that had been hurt earlier. "You know I saw a Unicorn outside, and you wouldn't believe who was riding it. Another vampire. Female this time, blond hair but purple color in it like mine." Well, not exactly. Vesta's hair was a multitude of different colors. But purple was in it!

Not to be ignoring the guy she had been talking too. "Sorry to butt in on the conversation and all that. I'm Vesta."

Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Number of posts : 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:20 pm

Madeline saw two others sitting at the end of the bar, conversating. She didn't want to be rude, but she did want to make a good impression ion the inn keeper.

"Excuse me Sir, Mam, could I be of service to you. My name is Madeline, and I'm the bartender/receptionist. If there is anything you need please let me know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Armandeus Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:34 pm

"If you're hungry I would be happy to whip something up. I can cook almost anything you can think of." Ar hadn't meant to eavesdrop, but one couldn't help it when they were heading out of the kitchen into the bar area. Standing in front of the kitchen door, he gave the group a grin. "I'm Armandeus, by the way, but you can call me Ar."
Armandeus
Armandeus

Number of posts : 179

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarinilis Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:07 pm

Listening intently to the woman whom was rambling, he smiled. He had no problem with listening. In fact, he hadn't heard much talking in quite some time. Ever since he went into slumber. The opening of the door and entrance of the other, his grey almond shaped eyes turned towards the newcomer.

"Mae govannen Vesta. I am Tarinilis."

Turning back towards Nephalei, he continues to have a hint of a smile.

"Some adventure it is turning out to be already it seems. Adventures can be fun, as long as they don't go the way you don't want them. Good luck in staying in the good times of your adventure."

The arrival of a tender would pull his attention from Nephalei to Madeline. And the second voice moments later would attract his attention towards the apparent cook.

"Hello Ms. Madeline. I am curious as to see how your hot tea is. Perhaps with a small spoon of honey and a mint leaf? I have a strong liking of that sort of beverage."

His smile fades just a bit, barely hinted at as he speaks towards the cook.

"Would order something to eat, if I could but eat it. Though I don't tend to metabolize very well. Tends to get in the way of a great many things in my life though. Sorry Armandeus."

His order made, and contact made with each person, he turns his attention back to Nephalei, curious to hear more of the story, if she has some to offer.

Tarinilis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:34 pm

"Of course Sir, I will get that for you immedately." Madeline back behind the bar and brewed the gentleman a steaming hot cup of tea. While the tea was brewing she found fresh mint and the honey. She fixed his cup according to his desire and served it to him. " I do hope you find this to your liking Sir. Do you need anything else Sir?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephalei Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:41 pm

Nephalei looked at Vesta, her eyes wide. "A unicorn? Truly?" Was there every kind of magical creature in this place? Why, she could only guess how long it would be before she -

Her thoughts were interrupted by the bartender, Madeline, offering them something to drink, and then, moments later, by Armandeus offering food. Her stomach rumbled, having been reminded of how empty it was. No wonder; she hadn't eaten all day. To Madeline, she said, "I'll just have some water, please," and to Armandeus: "Thank you, a salad would be wonderful."

"Why don't you sit with us, Vesta?" she said, before turning back to Tarinilis. "I truly hope that it...the Great Adventure, I mean... doesn't go in a way that I don't want it to. I certainly don't know how to handle things here, if something goes wrong." She frowned, a bit put off by this possibility. She'd never thought of what she would do if something went wrong; she had no knowledge of this place, and no way to get home. Oh dear... that would be terrible.

But then she smiled and shrugged the thought away. "Well, hopefully that won't happen, anyway. Now... how did you get here?" She had to ask. Was everyone as lost as she and Vesta were, or was it just them? "She and I..." - motioning towards Vesta - "...we don't even know how we got here or how to get back."

Nephalei

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:57 pm

Madeline fixed Nephalei her water and sreved her, then stepped away so shwe would not interupt any futher.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:59 am

"I don't think we're the only people here who don't know how we got here." Vesta remarked as she took as seat at the bar. She was offered the seat and she was going to take it, even if she did sorta straddle the stool.

It was comfortable.

"I just came for the front area part there, and there's this cowboy - he was wearing cowboy boots anyway - who came here from nowhere, and this other girl too." It just occurred to her that she might need something to drink. All the running around and talking she had been doing, it was a wonder that she even had the ability to keep talking. "We're gonna go exploring the city tomorrow with the cowboy. His name's Cad."

Whoa, hey, where'd the other guy come from? He seemed to appear out of thin air. "Can I get a cheeseburger and a rootbeer?" Only then did it occur to her that a place like this might not know what cheeseburgers were. She was hopeful!

Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarinilis Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:35 pm

Looking to his tea, he sniffed it, and smiled.

"It is perfect. I doubt I could even brew it better myself. And I've been brewing this tea for a great number of years. However, at the time, I feel that I have all that I can use. Thank you."

Smiling still, he looked towards Nephalei and her friend. A hand would quietly slide a gold piece across the bar, towards Madeline. The gold had a picture of a keep on one side, the other had a crossed scimitar and an elven longbow. Both sides had elven engraved around the perimeter. [Don Ardhon, Land of Lord Silverband].

"I am....from around. I have moved a lot in my time in life...."

It seems like he wanted to add something after life, but instead moves on towards the next statement, after taking a sip of the tea.

"I used to live in a place a bit south of here. The organization that ran it was called the Alliance of the Twelve Moons. I left there for personal reasons, mainly because of terrible deeds that I had done some time in the past."

Setting his mug down, his thoughts seem to turn inward a moment, his smile fading. A few moments, he smiles again, looking towards Vesta.

Tarinilis

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:21 pm

So there were places outside of New Haven! She hadn't even seen all that there was of this place and this guy was talking of someplace that was South of here.

"Came from some Alliance huh? You don't suppose there's a way to get to Chicago do you? Or to find a bus?" Hopeful? If there were other lands, and these people were coming from all over, there had to be a way to get to where she wanted to go from where she currently was.

"Not that I'm in any big type of hurry or anything like that, I'm just curious." Not that she could afford it either. Lucky for her those nice people who came on the carriages were paying for a couple nights of her stay, gave her more time to think of how to come up with money to, well, survive in this land.

Speaking of money. She saw the glint of the coin he pushed across the bar.

"What brings a guy like you here?"

Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Armandeus Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:26 pm

A cheeseburger and a root beer... both words were foreign to the Elven cook, and he couldn't help give her a confused look. It seemed Armandeus had finally came across what would probably be the first of many things he could not make. "I am sorry to say I have never heard of either thing, though I would be glad to try making them if you could tell me how?" He flashed her an apologetic smile.
Armandeus
Armandeus

Number of posts : 179

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:45 pm

Bo and Derek emerged from the doorway to the basement. They exited the kitchen and walked over to Lord Armandeus. Bo spoke up out of habbit. "Lord Armandeus? I am Bo and this is Derek, we cook for our master in her keep and at her home. We were told that you might need some assistance. We are at your disposal sir." They both half-bowed to him and awaited instructions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephalei Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:31 am

So it certainly seemed like Vesta had been making her way around, meeting everyone. That wasn't surprising; it fit with her personality.

She turned her head in curiousity when Tarinilis mentioned an "Alliance". There was nothing like that where she was from; was this a well-known organization here? Was it like... a religion? A cult? He almost made it sound that way.

It was also interesting that there were people here that came from within this...world. So not only were people from different places randomly wandering in... there were also people from nearby areas, traveling here on purpose...

hmm...

((Sorry about the crappy post, I had no muse. x_x))

Nephalei

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarinilis Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:20 pm

A moment of thought, then his smile growing just a bit.

"I wander a lot. I was in the area, and heard of a new Inn, so I figured I would check it out. As for a bus, I have never heard of it. Nor have I heard of this Chicago either."

He looks towards the others who came in, and towards the one who ordered the unheard of foods. Then towards Nephalei again.

Tarinilis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephalei Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:14 pm

Nephalei nodded thoughtfully. She paused for a moment, thinking, then leaned forward and asked, "Since you're from around here, I thought maybe you would know... have there been other...instances... in other places, where people like us" - she motioned to Vesta and herself - "...just come without even meaning to, from places that are..." She hesitated, not sure how to explain it. "Well, clearly not anywhere near here... other worlds, possibly, as odd as it sounds. Have you seen it happen before? Do you know how it happens?"

It was probably unlikely that he knew the answers she was looking for. But it was worth a try, wasn't it?

Nephalei

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarinilis Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:24 am

A hint of a smile, and he leans in to respond.

"I am a magic user. I cast powerful spells. I know there are other planes of existance, even other worlds. However, as for getting back and forth between them, I don't really know."

Leaning back and sipping his tea, he thinks for a moment.

"Though, it is rather common for it. It is like Rhydin is a gateway that seems to suck people through it. How do you think I ended up here?"

A mischevious smirk appears on his lips, his grey almond shaped eyes seeming to darken just a little, as if holding back something deep within.

Tarinilis

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:27 pm

Vesta had been listening, she had just been waiting for her cheeseburger.. Or something like it.

But what Tarin said about being a magic user caught her attention. More of her attention anyway. So he was a magic user? This was something that she wanted to see.

"A gateway that sucks people in you say? So not everyone arrives at the same point? Well, yeah I guess I know that cause Nephalie here wasn't at a bus stop." Wow, think of it. Many worlds, people from all over. She wouldn't be surprised if she ran across a space alien.

"Are there points, things, you can take to get to other worlds? Do you know?" Oh the dreams of other-world exploration.

Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next