Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

An Infestation of Mice / Closed

Go down

An Infestation of Mice / Closed Empty An Infestation of Mice / Closed

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:34 am

The Flight to Asgard was short, for the moment that the gods where clear of the senses from that goddess Venis the thunderer summoned a bolt of lightning and carried the pair to the shining city upon the light. materializing in the throne room of Asgard through a tail tale great cracking crash of lightning, signaling the return of Lord Thor. Thor wasted no time when they landed, sliding his hammer underneath his cloak. He was very clearly displeased at this current moment, one could tell in the thrums of power around him and the tone in which he spoke. "Bring me the captain of the Guard!" shouted at the top of his lungs, surely all in Asgard could hear the booming voice. And then he turned his electric eyes upon Lenneth." How is it that another walks so easily into the great halls?! I am not happy knowing that a stranger is allowed where I am now Lenneth... "

She had not been all too pleased with her meeting with Venis either. Her first time coming face-to-face with one of the gods of that realm and it had proven to be less than acceptable. Somehow she managed to keep her cool, though it was clear that things were not well. Especially with the man who was with Venis. He had walked off in a way that dripped frustrations. "That you know of this, now is the time to secure our defenses. If they can so easily enter, who is to say that our enemies cannot."

The crack of lightening was unmistakable. Brother was home. There wasn't any doubt. But the shout that followed, if there had been all doubt would be gone. Well well heaven's gone to hell. What she overheard, it was certainly worth overhearing more. Did she strut into the conversation, a smooth mover in all her manipulative majesty? No. Don't ever butt in if you don't know where the butts have been. Fly on the wall, Loki would listen. And wait. For the sweet sound of opportunity. It'd come. It always did.

"Who can say that this woman is not one of our enemies? that she speaks so freely of entering the sacred halls is naught but an affront to those who uphold its laws." Thor stomped over to the throne, Odin's throne, it would always be his father's throne, as Thor himself knew that it was his hand holding off his fathers resurrection an elbow was placed on the arm of the throne, his head leaning down into his palm in thought. "Speak with those guards in question. I shall speak with their captain when he is brought forth to me. where you aware of such an entrance into the realm of the dead?"

Thor. No matter how distressed she was at what happened this evening he seemed moreso. She moved forward, going to where he sat on the throne. With what she had heard her eyes scanned the room. If people had so easily come into their realm then who is to say that they are not here as well? Where else had they gone? Could they even have helped in the chaos that they had experienced? Questions and doubt. "I will talk to them and if any of them are found to let strangers in they shall be dealt with in the quickest way." She had to help protect her home. "Even though we have vessels that walk down in the realm where those gods reside, maybe it is that we should think all of them to be enemies until we know the truth of them. Much trouble can be caused other wise." Untrusting. Though, at the last she bowed her head and her shoulders lowered "It was not known to me that others have been entering. I will double my efforts to keep our charges safe."

"Vessels." The interjection was disdainfully stated. They could hear the bitter taste on Loki's tongue. Now she came forward. By emerging from the marble wall as if it was as easy as walking through a door. For her it was. The magic maker. The mischief maker. The god who was too good to be up to any good. He who was once he, was now she. And from the body Loki chose, she would greet Brother with a most beautiful smile. Too beautiful? Never too beautiful for brother. To remind him of what he currently does not have. His wife. "The mortals, what sweet sayings they make. Have you never turned your ear to them? Or do you not think their rhymes ring reason to the ears of gods. I shall recite. 'When the cats are away, the mice will play'. Your mountain's full of mice, and yet you wonder why. Why wonder? Cats the pair of you always away. So your vessels can walk like their little lives matter. Leaving this mountain open. Mice always find backdoors. Holes in the walls. Cracks. Cats belong in their kingdom. Command your vessels to be what they are. A vase for the flowers that are the gods. No more."

His head rose to fall upon his brother, nigh sister now. And maybe a bit of bitterness in his eyes seeing that smile on her face. Part of Thor did think that was why Loki ended up in a female form after the revival. But the trickster had given her word that she was no longer conspiring against him, so that thought had been set to rest." a doubling in efforts is naught without results. I would see his hole closed. As for you my sister..." standing now, helmet removed and placed on the arm of his throne. "You do speak with some wisdom trickster... Though a fools wisdom is not wisdom enough at this juncture. Asgard is not home to mice dear sister. mice hide in corners and the shadows afraid to be seen. No, our home is home to only one mouse and she graces us with her presence now. Though as stated you do speak with some wisdom..." he turned away from his sister now turning towards Lenneth." perhaps it is that those who would bring about the end take advantage of the loss of so many of our brothers and sisters... and it sits as our wise sister has said, the humans are finding a way in..." Thor paused again returning his gaze to Loki " As I care not what is done to the vessels offered to other Asgardians, Doctor Blake is the sole reason that all in this land once again draw breath, I will not disallow him a life to live."

When another spoke, they got her attention. If they were deserving of attention that is. For now Loki was on that list for she had chosen to have a say in the conversation she was having with Thor. Internally she scoffed at what was said, though she knew some of it to be true. What she did not like was that she had been referred to as a mouse. Lenneth kept her gaze upon Loki for a moment before her attention turned to Thor once more. "When defenses are weak, that is when they are breached." It was the truth. Something that was seen in many passages through history. "We must be careful. For how do we know that the people our vessels choose to take into their council are not ones looking to bring us down." Then she looked to Loki again. "Therefore, it is wise that we know them. That way we can best them at their own game."

Lenneth could wait. Loki's sights were on Thor for now. " 'A fool doth think he is wise, and a wise man knows himself to be a fool'. Thus spake one of the most famous of the mortal mice. So truly, Brother of Mine, who knows the minds of the mice more masterfully betwixt you and I?" A look most pointedly given to the man she considered her equal. Or, the man she endured considering her equal for the sake of appearances. "The gift the trickster gives is that of Truth. In a way that those who would deny can deny no longer. Will you be a denier, Brother of Mine? Will you thwart the truth to humor a mortal who did one good deed? How long before his favor is repaid in full? The 'vessel' of my visage knows not that she does not live a single day that goes by - her consciousness is content as to it I project her living each day as she feels is her due. For this Doctor I can do the same. As the mortals say, 'there is no spoon'." Yes. A god quoting a mortal movie. How else could this Trickster work her ways, if she knew not the ways of the mice to which she played piper? Now, a glance to Lenneth, the one so unabashedly loyal to her Brother. "Know them, fine, as a wine knows the grape on the vine. But unless the King is upon his throne or the Valkyrie is guarding her gate and their vessels are not dancing free, what then?" Yes. She would play upon this point like a harp. The vessels ran these gods. Not the other way around. Loki's vessel no longer saw the light of day, though as she said the vessel was tricked into thinking her life was still being lived.

Thor thought upon this thought for a moment before he spoke up again "Indeed, though you are a wise man Loki, you are the fool... and such is your curse of being... "He stepped away from the two women and returned to his throne, shifting glances between the two. "A trickster only can be taken as the truth if his word has not already been taken as a lie... what good is a promise made by one who sought tirelessly to remove his father from the throne of his kingdom... But you do speak truth, that Donald and miss D'Ryanna garner so much of our time, may bring forth a security risk... Let it be known that no other Asgardian is to leave Asgard without my word before hand... Though, you do speak well trickster... Lenneth also speaks wisdom in that we must know those whom offer their lives to us... for how else will we know others with which to revive our other siblings? so that once again Asgard may hope to be
restored, and bifront once again built.

A triumphant smile, albeit a small one, rested on Lenneth's lips. Her head even tipped up to a small degree after she heard what Thor had said. True, he seemed to be playing the part of the mediator, but she was only glad that he had taken her side. "Much can be learned from everyone." Even Loki. Lenneth didn't spare much time looking at the other but instead turned her face to Thor. "I shall do as you say. As it is, I think that I would be well. Suited to stay my position at the gates, less someone tries to find entrance in through a backdoor." Her eyes slipped to Loki then. Thinking about what she said about them being controlled by their vessels. It was a hard fact to consider but she knew that some were willing to give up their life and time for service.

[Continued...]

Back to top Go down

An Infestation of Mice / Closed Empty Re: An Infestation of Mice / Closed

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:18 am

"That I speak truth, I am already aware." Loki's voice was as firm as her gaze. Thor was equal. She had no need to kowtow to him as a liege. Let the others do so. "Hear this truth: the man you see in the looking glass, it is he who is touched with the fool's fever. For what good is a king if this king keeps promises to a mortal man over keeping safe his kingdom and his brethren? Must these walls tumble again before you second guess which promises must be kept and which must be broken? How else will you know others?" Yes, Loki had a solution for that as well. Her gaze was shared between them as she spoke it as if it was as obvious as the noses the noses on their faces. "Walk the earth as a god in a guise. Proof that it can be done, it clearly stands before you." Loki was referring to herself. She had an alias. A mortal 'life'. A ghostly presence in numerous cities. In some as a 'mortal' she had renown. "What need have you for these vessels? Fear you that you can't operate their gadgetry? Move your tongues around their slang? They do your godly work for you as cowards you stand contained." On that word she shot a pointed look at Thor. "Our king. Housed in a stick. And yet Brother of Mine you call me fool."

Thor's eyes hardened upon his sister and he rose anger in his voice."You speak out of turn sister! As you know, it is none other then your own ability to so easily hide your form... and I nor any other Asgardian wish to allow you to work your dark magics upon our bodies. "He started from his throne, making a bee line for his sister."You will hold your tongue, or you shall find yourself once again in the room with no doors... Question me again and I'll see to it that your Daughter knows that you are alive and well... " and he walked past her starting for the statue of Odin in the room. "Do not think I have forgotten the hand you played in the coming of the end Loki... " once again he turned to face his sister." I will Rule as I see fit to. When you have shown that you deserve the respect that Donald Blake has earned from me, I will take your words at what they are, and no longer walk the earth as Donald Blake...Until that day comes Deceiver... You will remain in Asgard, and do as you so desire, assist in protecting her.

"A choice is made, in your wish not to accept my magic. Mice in your walls, crawling your kingdom, see you not the results of your choice? Live in the past, that is what you do to rule as you see fit in the present. Linger you on the deed of Donald Blake. Linger you on the deeds of my past. I stand here speaking to you of why you have mice in your walls to assist in protecting Asgard as you spake I should. With it comes my questioning. Is it that you define protection as no more than nodding my head? Is it that you define respect as something to be earned only if one speaks no other word than 'yes'? Then such respect from you I will never earn, and such respect from you I shall never attempt. And you will see before you no more than a silent tongue and a shadow from your sister, and a mind of quick transformed to nothing but waste because you anger when the Truth is spoken. Your last two commands I cannot complete - to do as I desire and to assist in protection - if your first commandment is that I do not question. So this day is done and silence wins it." And quite literal was her meaning. Unless Thor changed his tune from distemper, she would speak not a work to him this day or any day following. As it was with mortals, gods also had better things to do. She stood in stillness, arms crossed over her chest. Back to Thor ever since he walked past her to Odin's statue.

Thor was silent, resting his head against the statue, blue eyes closed." I do not desire silent obedience from any of those within Asgard... As it is though... I wish not to change that which I have started here. If you truly do speak truth and truly do wish to protect our home Loki... perhaps it is that your magics would be better used to fish the mice from the walls..." he picked his head up and turned to face the women again." One day, I will take the seat that my father before he held and rule from on high the land of our people...Until then sister, Allow me my faith in the good Doctor and his friends... and I promise you that one day soon all will once again stand here and be welcome again Asgard." Thor got his own jab at her then, saying 'my father' and not ours was his way of informing the woman that she was indeed adopted. and not a true Asgardian in blood.

It wasn't wise to come between the words of two people such as they, knowing as much was why Lenneth kept her speech and said nothing. Only did she look back and forth between the pair. She saw the truth in what Loki said, and she saw the truth in what Thor had said as well. But Thor was the one she listened to. "Not everyone is bad." She was glad to see Thor take his place upon the throne. She remembered his earlier words, that their home will be restored and she had the faith in that his words were true. "Many of the people of that land have faith. In the right hands it can be a powerful tool." She did look at Loki. "Will you not help?"

A god. Professing he carried the mortal torch of faith. It was enough to make her wretch, inwardly. Outwardly, nothing. To be dubbed 'fool' was truly to be cursed. For the one professed fool was not a fool at all but rather surrounded by them. Loki was so surrounded now. And Thor's words. 'My' father. The bile in her throat was palpable enough that she had to swallow. With care, that it would not be noticed. Did Brother truly wish to press her buttons when it was a favor he asked of her? "I am not a true subject of this kingdom, as Brother of Mine has pointed out," she spoke this calm-tempered reply to Lenneth. "My dark magicks are wanted here by no Asgardian, such he spoke as well. Remiss I would be to cause such discomfort in these halls that still ring of the tragedy that tumbled these walls as if past was still present." Those words were payback to Thor. An allusion to how the conflict was years ago and yet the kingdom was still in disrepair with no clear sign of being restored.

Thor knew that was coming. He knew Loki well enough to know that his tiny little jab would be met with such a response." Indeed... Loki, sister... The captain of the guard has yet to heed my call... may I ask that you see to it he is brought to me at first light?" Politely asking his sister to leave, as conversations with the snake made him tired. "Lenneth, I would ask that you see to Valhalla... I no longer wish to hear that strangers may walk freely within the great hall...I must meditate, and converse with Huginin and Muunin... Know Loki that your advice is not taken and ignored lightly. I will meditate on your words..." And he turned from both, as far as he was concerned he had done well to dismiss them, and he was going to rest.

With a closed fist she placed her hand to her chest and gave a bow. H e had given her a task to do and she was going to do it. The time was now to make sure that orders were followed. "As you say." And Lenneth turned and left from the hall.

Lenneth's exit was seen out of the corner of her eye. Response was kept inward. For her brother she would give a different response. A smooth turn on her heels to face him as he exited. Arms uncrossed as her weight was shifted to one hip. A stance which accentuated the feminine of her body. She did the same with her tone. Sweet, lyrical, womanly words filling the hall and his ears. Ringing of the woman whose body was once the vessel of his wife, as this woman was Loki's house now. These words purposefully suggestive. "He will surely heed mine. Brother." Her chosen exit was the wall from whence she'd come. It would lead to a more distant departure. She had enough of Asgard for tonight, it had made her feel quite unwell. Perhaps it would do her good walk with the mortals as Wylie Fitzlaufey and go see a Doctor?

[End]

Back to top Go down