Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Reunion [Closed to all but one]

2 posters

Go down

Reunion [Closed to all but one] Empty Reunion [Closed to all but one]

Post by Gawain Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:09 am

Gawain had, as soon as he had seen to Ryanna, retreated to his own room. He sat cross-legged in the floor, meditating and seeking the clarity he needed. He knew rough times were ahead, but he now knew that he was far from alone. Truth be told, he had had his fill of being alone, and would endeavor to never be alone again. Thus seated, he waited for the arrival of his one true love.
Gawain
Gawain

Number of posts : 376

Back to top Go down

Reunion [Closed to all but one] Empty Re: Reunion [Closed to all but one]

Post by Airtia S. Cauthon Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:36 pm

Once she had seen to the business of her weapons it was time to find her estranged husband. They had passed a few communications back and forth recently but, exchanging links could never make up for speaking to a person face-to-face. There were some things that could not be translated through words.

Finding him wasn't much of a question for she knew he was at the Inn, the question lied in greeting him. Entering the Inn through the front door and making her way to his quarters would have been too responsible and could have caused more delay. Besides, she wasn't in the mood for reasonable. From where she was, in the city of New Haven, Airtia split the air in front of her with a silver horizontal line. It turned 90 degrees, expanded, and she stepped into its darkness before shutting it behind her.

Skimming. She had never been to the Inn and she had never Traveled to his room, so Skimming was the option available to her. The good thing was that because of their recent communication he was easy to find. It didn't take long before the Gateway opened in his room, just inside the door.

Seeing him she stepped out nearly silently. In either hand, held point down, top of the hilts seen, were the twin daggers Silver and Gold.

With a smile, and a glint to her silver eyes she spoke. "Hello Love."

Airtia S. Cauthon
Airtia S. Cauthon

Number of posts : 185

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:08 pm

That voice. It couldn't be....but it was. He bounded to his feet, grinning madly, and rushed over to her. After seeing the daggers, he stopped short, and held out his hands. "Hello, darling. I'm very pleased to see you. Shall I ward the room against eavesdropping? I have a feeling we have much to discuss, and not much time in which to do so. Suffice it to say that the sight of you makes me feel a warmth I have lacked since we parted." Yes, indeed, he was happier, much happier, than he had been in many many months. A slight wariness betrayed itself in his demeanor, however, centering on the daggers she held. Oh well, he had had his ears boxed numerous times in the past years, what was one more well-deserved thrashing?
Gawain
Gawain

Back to top Go down

Post by Airtia S. Cauthon Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:35 pm

They had plenty to discuss. Some things could be discussed later. With the smile still on her face she slowly approached, the blades still held in the downward position. "A ward would be a good idea, aye. " He was happy, and he was wary, a good combination. Airtia, on the other hand, was feeling very wicked indeed.

"Let's see. The last time I saw ye, Gawain, ye were apologizing tae me,"
her right hand came up. "Fer a seemingly innocent act with a woman named Malice." She stopped when she was an arms length away from him and turned her eyes to the tip of the dagger. "Remember?" Eyes slide back to his own, her left hand raising up from her side.

"And then, I don't see or hear from ye e'er."
Quick turn of her wrist her arms stretched out and both dagger points were directed at his throat. "Where 'ave ye been?"

Airtia S. Cauthon
Airtia S. Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:26 am

Oh, blood and bloody flaming ashes. Yes, he remembered, and would have rather not. Still, the cat was out of the bag long ago, and surely she wouldn't hold a grudge this long. Yeah right. He wove the Ward to prevent prying eyes and ears from spying, and began.

"The simplest answer is this: I was fighting for the Dragon, getting pummelled by a Sister with a surprisingly hard left hook, and eventually released from my duties. After that, I wandered throughout the land, wondering how to get back, and found out that not all of the Forsaken had been sealed. You'd be surprised how many different ways they can torture you without even getting terribly creative. I eventually fooled them into thinking the forkroot was still affecting me...they didn't take into account my accelerated metabolism....and fought my way free. Unfortunately, I was mortally wounded, and couldn't find anyone with the skill to Heal my injuries. I thought myself dead, but....well, there are many forms of death, some of which are escapable. I had to make a deal, one I had no intention of fulfilling....you helped in that one, teaching me the ways of the Sisters..you know, getting around the Oaths?....and found myself back in this realm. After some time, I felt drawn to this place, and, to my surprise, found our daughter more or less running the place. At any rate, here I am. Light, it's good to see you again. I never stopped loving you, and believe me, I would have contacted you, but I didn't know how. I....well, I guess that's it. So, how have you been?" Smile smile. Light, she looks as if she's about to remove my skin in strips.......
Gawain
Gawain

Back to top Go down

Post by Airtia S. Cauthon Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:35 am

He spoke of injuries and she wondered if they were all healed or if there were some that still needed work. Healing was never her fortι, but she could always recommend someone. "Ye need tae be careful about the deals ye make," Airtia spoke slowly and started to move into him, arms bending at the elbows so she would be able to keep the dagger points centered at his throat. "Sometimes people let ye go so ye can lower yer guard."

The smile she wore changed slightly, it was contemplative but held a hint of warmth. "I should know." She continued to draw closer to him until she closed the gap, the blade now turning on their side as she wrapped her arms about his neck. Her head tilting to the side. "Ye asked how I've been, I 'ave been well. Dealing in politics, ye know the kind. Making sure that things 'appen the way that they are s'pose tae." That's the thing with Aes Sedai and the Tower, they usually always worked to make sure things happened the way they wanted and results were achieved.

If he had been working with a Sister, well, that thought made her laugh internally. The dagger in her right hand turned and she used the blade to push back his hair as she softly sighed. "I've missed ye."

Airtia S. Cauthon
Airtia S. Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:08 am

With that gesture, a weight lifted from his shoulders. He slowly reached out, placing an arm around her waist, and smiled. "I've missed you as well, my darling wife. Life has been torture without you. Nothing Moridin could do was anywhere near as bad as being without you. I never stopped loving you, Airtia, no matter where I was. Perhaps we can come to terms and put this behind us.....maybe pick up our relationship where we left off." Slowly, oh so very slowly, he leaned in and kissed her lips. "I never want to be parted from you again, mi Cuebiyar. The Light send that it is so."
Gawain
Gawain

Back to top Go down

Post by Airtia S. Cauthon Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:29 pm

It was him.

At first she had been slightly skeptical as to whether or not it really was him, or someone pretending to be him - can never be too careful. The way he held her, his kiss, and the way that he rambled on, removed any lagging suspicion. "I always knew ye would return tae me. Ne'er believed that ye were fore'er gone." Never having taken into account the line 'Til death do us part' because she never believed he was dead. Simply lost. If he had truly been dead, she would have known.

She spoke to him in soft words as the left dagger, Gold, slowly moved down the side of his face, past the ear, and starting on the neck. Airtia kept the blade flat and as long as he didn't suddenly jerk his head he would be safe. "The next time, Gawain, that ye leave me, ye will find these daggers at yer throat. Only the flat o' it will nae be against yer skin." Those words were spoken so calmly, so smoothly, she could have been talking about any mundane thing. She meant every word.

At the end she drew him in for another kiss - didn't want to scare him and it was a joy to be able to have him in her embrace again. After a moment she released him, taking her arms from around him and returning the daggers to their proper place. Turning she moved towards the bed, he'd be able to see the top of a rose tattoo that was hidden under the pants she wore.

"So, ye ave met Benjamin."

Airtia S. Cauthon
Airtia S. Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:50 am

Gawain smiled contentedly, and didn't flinch when she rested her blade on his throat. He turned his head, allowing the dagger to cause a light slit just above his jugular. "From now on, consider me your humble damane. It is good to see you again, dearest. We have a lot to catch up on, but for now, the most important thing is our children. More to the point, that misbegotten son of a Trolloc has somehow found the making of cour'souvra. He has one for her, but by his own admission, it is incomplete. He almost completed one on a young woman who once was my foster daughter, Madeline, but she came to her senses and fled. He is just like my brother, Airtia, and I fear I will have to do the same to Adams that I did to Alexander. Light burn me, I have blood enough on my hands, but when the butcher's bill is tallied, I'd rather not see our children's on it. No, scratch that. I will not see my children in that predicament. I've been through Hel once, I don't mind travelling through again if it means the safety of my family. If.....if you still prefer we be a family? I'd like to be placed under your service as your Warder, Carniera. It is your choice, but remember how good a team we made when we were bonded. I have contacted Dre about some weapons which will no doubt help in our future endeavors. They're to be crafted from Dwarven iron, but I thought maybe we could transmutate them into Heartstone." Holding a hand out, he smiled, his eyes full of love for her, hoping she'd take it. "We will deal with Benjamin in due time....it seems that you have raised a very wise and powerful woman out of the babe I once held. If only I could get those years back....but that's in the past. We must look to the future. Which reminds me, where is Xander? I want to see him.....I'm sure he has grown strong and as handsome as his father." He smirked with that remark, obviously jesting. "Does he have the spark? I mean, can he channel Saidin?" Sure, lots of questions, but then, they've been apart for a long time.....

Last edited by Gawain on Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : [slight error in grammar, all fixed now])
Gawain
Gawain

Back to top Go down

Post by Airtia S. Cauthon Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:03 pm

Airtia took his hand in hers and gave it a squeeze, her other hand rising up to caress the side of his face and cup his cheek. She didn't say anything for a moment or two, simply let herself touch. It had been so long since she had let herself feel anything of this nature it was almost strange.

Sealing herself away emotionally for all those years, keeping herself from feeling much of anything for anyone - even her children. Always staying focused on the task she had to do, there wasn't room for much of anything else. While Gawain talked Airtia watched him and near the end when he was asking about their son, she moved in and was now embracing him. "Aye, he can channel." She spoke in low tones since she was by his ear. "And he has been shifting since b'fore he could walk. Ye would be proud." Sure he would want to see him, it was possible.

But he was right, some things come first. "I has been a while since ye were in my head." She nipped him on the side of the neck. "I would be glad tae 'ave ye back."

Airtia S. Cauthon
Airtia S. Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:22 am

Gawain mumbled happily, wrapping his arms fully around her. Breathing deeply, he drank in her scent, burying his face in her hair. Very quietly, he whispered into her ear, his lips gently brushing it as he spoke. "Light, but I have missed you, my love. I offer myself to you as Warder and husband, by and under the Light, and I swear upon my hope for salvation and rebirth that I shall not leave your side again unless you wish it."

Wait, was that Gawain being submissive?

Withdrawing a little, he cupped her chin in his palm of his hand and kissed her. He did so rather thoroughly, and it should be said at this point, with a nod to the Princess Bride, that there were very few kisses in history that changed the course of things. This one put them all to shame....Gawain felt it from the crown of his head to the soles of his feet.

After a time....he lost track of exactly how much time had passed and, frankly, did not care how long anyway....he withdrew from her, and kneeled. Still holding her hand in his, he seized the Source, gesturing to the closet, which opened to reveal a chest. The chest then, in turn, opened, and a cloak made of Fancloth. It floated over to his free hand, and he held it up as if offering it to her. "Airtia Sedai, I hereby pledge myself to your service as both Gaidin and husband. Please accept this small service in exchange for the love you have brought me, and the knowledge that we will once again be one."

Wow, he thought, that was easier than the proposal was all those years ago. He peered up, still kneeling, waiting for her answer.
Gawain
Gawain

Back to top Go down

Post by Airtia S. Cauthon Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:10 am

It was the type of kiss that took a persons breath away; and she was lost in it for the entirety of the moment. Airtia returns the kiss with just as much fervor and passion, letting the minutes go by. When it was done she exhaled slowly and listened to the things he said. She hadn't wanted the kiss to end and all she wanted to do was reignite the fire of the kiss, but there would be time enough for that later.

Currently he was on his knees before her, still holding her hand, and offering up the cloth. She started to remember the time before when they were bonded and how she would go about masking the bond when she went about activities. The full Aes Sedai way of avoiding answers and giving only the needed answers. Airtia believed that she had been a good wife but, over the years since they had been separated, she had time to think about their relationship. The conclusion she arrived at was that she had, overall, treated him like an Aes Sedai would her Warder, and not like a wife would treat her husband.

It would be okay to let her guard down and allow him to help.

Now she removed her hand from his and took the fancloth in both her hands. Holding on to it for a moment she then draped it around his shoulders and fastened it. Though it wasn't needed, she placed both of her hands on the top of his head. "I accept ye as my Gaidan." Weaving threads of Spirit she began the complicated weaves that created the Warder bond, settling them around and through Gawain.

"And welcome ye back as my husband."

Airtia S. Cauthon
Airtia S. Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:16 am

Gawain smiled as he felt the weave settle into his very center, then became aware of her again. Something was different.....no blocks? No wards? He was trying to puzzle this out when she spoke again, welcoming him back.

By the Light!

"Airtia Cauthon, you have done something I thought impossible. You have healed me, made me whole again. And it seems that the trust issues are gone.....c'mere, you!" He had a right to be happy, and they -are- married, so, hey, be jealous.
Gawain
Gawain

Back to top Go down

Post by Airtia S. Cauthon Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:12 pm

For now the trust issues were gone. She had decided that she should be fully open to at least one person - her cat did not count. Who better to be open with than her husband? Hopefully there would not be any reason for her to close him out.

Airtia's outside show to the world of showing them only what she wanted to be seen was often done with flawless perfection. Now Gawain would know what was going on behind the scenes of the production.

Now, the feeling of relief and love trumped everything else as she welcomed his embrace and his touch. They had a lot of time to make up for.

~ fin

Airtia S. Cauthon
Airtia S. Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down