Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Yet Another Arival

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Yet Another Arival Empty Yet Another Arival

Post by Aiden Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:14 pm

Aiden had never been one to play by the rules, and moving into a new place was no different. He would be dressed in his usual attire: overly-large white clothing, faded brown sandals, tinted glasses, all covered by a heavy black hooded cloak. A worn and faded leather bag was slung over one shoulder. One looking at him might come to the conclusion that he had recently escaped a tropical island somewhere. He certainly stood out to say the least.

Having reached his destination the cloak was tugged further down over his face, and he stopped. Dark eyes examined the closed door in front of him, but no move was made towards opening it. There's still time, he reminded himself. I can turn and leave and nobody will have known I was here... It was just fear, though there was nothing beyond that door that he had any reason to fear. There was two choices when it came to fear; run or face it, and this time he was determined to face it. Shaking his head, he reached out and opened the door.

Slow steps were taken inside, his eyes examining the room he had entered. For the moment it appeared to be empty, and he sighed in relief, relaxing a bit. No one around was a good thing, for it meant he was free to do as he pleased. A glance was given to the reception desk before he sauntered right on past it, and up the stairs to the first hallway. His rule had always been see what you're renting before you pay for it. That had been a lesson well learned.

Time to choose a room. He had always preferred to be at the end of the hallway, and that's where he would head. Dark eyes glanced at the doors as he passed, but for the most part he paid them no heed. That was until he reached almost the end of the hall, when he suddenly stopped cold in front of a door. That scent, her scent; he would have known it anywhere. She was here? Dark eyes narrowed as he examined the door in front of him. There was no mistake about it, it was her. You did not give your heart to someone to not to know when they were near.

That settled any doubts he might of had. If she was there, he was staying. Steps were finally taken away from that door only to stop at one further down the hall. It was almost at the end, which was suitable, and hopefully for him, empty. It must have been his lucky day for the door was unlocked, but it would be opened slowly. Adding to his luck the room was empty, and therefore soon to be his.

Inside he went, pushing the door closed behind him in the process. A satisfied nod was given as he examined the room. Bed, closet, dresser, this one even had a desk, and adjoining bathroom. It seemed perfect for one person, and therefore perfect for him. The bag he had been carrying was tossed on the bed, though the cloak he wore was kept on for the moment.

Leaving the room, he was careful to shut the door firmly behind him, and take the number from the door. It wouldn't do good to get the key to the wrong room. Down the hall he would go once more, though this time he made an effort not to stop at that certain door. Down the stairs, and back to the reception desk he would head. Perhaps his luck would hold out and there would be someone there this time, waiting to check him in.
Aiden
Aiden

Number of posts : 85

Back to top Go down

Yet Another Arival Empty Re: Yet Another Arival

Post by Vesta Voui Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:22 pm

Room was as empty as it was the first time he came in - empty except for one person. You see, it was night time and the usually person who at the reception desk had gone off to do something or other. They weren't there so they had to be somewhere. Just not there.

If everyone else was elsewhere, why was she there and not elsewhere herself? If everyone was elsewhere, and no one was here, then here would be elsewhere and there'd never be a here. He might not have noticed her due to the fact that she was lounging on the couch. Lights were off in that section, so her dark clothing sorta blended in.

In any case, Vesta saw him, didn't say anything until she saw him come back and stand at the desk.

"So whatcha in for?" Came the voice from in the shadows of the couch. That voice was soon followed by the multi-colored hair girl, in purple and black leggings, her pink tutu, and the skull and cross-bone shirt.

Vesta gave a snap of her fingers as she came into the light; then folded her hands behind her head. Balancing on one leg she stood there. "You know I saw ya go up them steps."

Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Number of posts : 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiden Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:32 am

What was he in for? Eyebrows rose at that question as he gave a glance about the room. This was supposed to be an Inn, wasn't it? The question sounded better suited for a prison, and as far as Aiden knew this was not one. At least, he had never seen a fully stocked bar in a prison before.

Dark eyes looked over the top of his tinted glasses as he tried to locate the source of the voice. It seemed to be coming from the corner, and that was where he focused his attention. The lights had been turned off in that section, but he was still able to make out the general shape of a couch.

Even though he had been staring right at the couch he still jumped almost a foot when the girl began to move away from it. Grabbing the side of the desk to balance himself, he stared at her. He had started to speak when he heard her say she had seen him go upstairs. Looks like he had been caught, so much for his plan of stealth.

He simply flashed that relaxed grin at her, as if he could care less that he had been caught in the act. "My policy is always see what you're paying for before you fork over the money. Now that I have seen it I shall be needing the key to room 128."
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:12 pm

Continuing her stride towards him, hands folded behind her head, she stopped about a foot in front of him and grinned. Grinning like she knew something he didn't know. Maybe she did. She was the one who was already here.

Vesta rocked back and forth. Back. Forth. Back, and stayed balancing on the heels of her shoes. Tipping her head down she looked to the floor area around the guys feet.

"Now, I don't quite know how things work in this odd type of land. But I take it that you didn't just come out of no where." Shaking her head and tsking her teeth. Multi-colored strands going everywhere. "And didn'tcha have a bag or case with you when you came in?"

"Picked the lock and let yourself in didn'tcha?" she knew a thing or two about getting into doors.

Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiden Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:28 pm

As she moved in closer, he had the impression that she was like that cat who had caught the canary. Certainly she seemed to know something he didn't, though what it was remained up to speculation. Either way he simply stared at her from behind those tinted lens, not speaking a word.

Come out of nowhere? That had caught him off guard, and one eyebrow rose in question. Everyone had to come from somewhere, therefore nobody could come out of nowhere. "No, I did not come out of nowhere, but where I come from is not important to why I am here."

Ah, she had noticed the missing bag of his. He should have known he wouldn't get away with that. No matter, he wasn't admitting to anything. A secretive smile would be the only response to that. To the question of picking the lock on the door the smile only grew. "If you must know, I found that door unlocked." It was the truth after all.
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:06 pm

"You know, I tried that before," a smack of her lips as she tilted her head up looking at the celing. "Stating the fact that it can't be considered breaking and entering if the place wasn't locked. It was just entering."

Make sense? Sure it did.

"Either way they still said that I was guilty because it wasn't a place that I was let into or had rights to be there. Just how it goes y'know?". Vesta balanced on her left foot, the right one held out. "Here's what I'll do for you Gilligan," now would be the perfect time to smack some gum. Did they have gum in this world?

"I'll act like I ain't seen a thing if you can get me some grapes." Thats right, grapes.

Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiden Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:08 pm

Who cared if it was breaking and entering or simply entering? His bag had already been placed within that room, and nothing was about to stand in his way of getting the key. Not even her.

He had been silent as he listened to her, though his stare had slowly morphed out into a glare. A 'quit screwing with me and give me the bloody key' type of glare. Lucky for him and those dark tinted glasses. It was too bad that they didn't extend down and cover his fangs as he slowly grinned.

Where to start? "To start, I must say I do not care who you tell for I am already well acquainted with the woman in charge of this place." Okay, so she hadn't even known he was coming, or was already there. But there was no reason to tell this woman that, right? Right.

"Second, my name is Aiden and I am nobody's servant. Get your own grapes and I will get the key I require myself." It seemed someone had struck a nerve.
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:56 pm

" ... "A Goddess' work is never done. It seems I am back on the clock already. It's good to be home. Seleen, could you be a good little soldier and go upstairs. Someone seems to be in a small amount of danger ... "

Seleen set her glass down and walked over to her bag. She reached in and pulled the gun from it's hiding place. Having on a dress she was going to have to carry it in her hand. "Yes Ma'am. I will return shortly. Excuse me everyone." And with that she was up out the door and up the stairs. Even in a dress and heels she used her vampire quickness with ease.

She reached the top of the stairs and steped out into the room. The danger wasn't in the kitchen, everyone in here was fine. She went through the door. Everyone at the bar was fine as well, she kept her gun hidden in the folds of her dress. She went out into the reception area. There was Lady Vesta with a very engry looking vampire. She casualy strolled over as quiet as a mouse. She knew he would hear her. But she didn't care.

She strolled up behind Lady Vest and spoke as she reached herl eft hand to her shoulder. "Lady Vesta, mon ami, is this man giving you some trouble?" She placed her hand on her shoulder and remained standing partialy behind her in case she had to throw her out of the way. "Perhaps I can help you with something sir. The employees if the Inn are busy at the moment, so you're kinda stuck with me." She leaned down and whispered to Vesta. "Why don't you head over to the bar. I think Bo and Derek are helping in the kitchen, they can cook anything." She waited for Vesta to walk away and the man to say what he wanted.

She cocked the gun just in case he wanted to try and make a meal of Vesta. The gun was loaded with special bullets, the tips contained chips of wood mixed into a radioactive material that absorbed UV rays. A body shot would injur, a heart shot would kill. And Seleen hadn't missed a shot in 200 years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:16 pm

There were just too many. Too many and her senses were going on overload. What she needed to do was get back to her room and find that pocket watch. On her way she saw a gathering in the hall. There was Vesta, Seleen and... The next person she saw made her stop and nearly trip over her own feet.

"It's you!" Epiphany couldn't believe who she was seeing but was glad that she saw him. For some reason he looked upset. Did that matter to her? Not too much for she ran over to him anyway and tackled the poor guy in a hug.

"Its ok Seleen. He's my brother."

Epiphany
Epiphany

Number of posts : 615

http://www.bebo.com/iastepiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:26 pm

She must have been giving the man a hard time. Didn't mean nothing by it, just playful blackmail and all that. Didn't know that he would take it so seriously.

Gee. Didn't people have a sense of humor?

It had to be something for first there was Seleen telling her to leave. Just as she started going backward she saw another zoom pass.

Brother?
Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:25 pm

"I'm glad you said something Lady Epiphany. He would have met with a bullet if he had advanced upon Lady Vesta. We'll leave you two then." She turned around to look at Vesta. "Are you alright?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiden Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:06 pm

It seemed that Aiden's luck had suddenly ran short. One moment he was waiting to see what the woman's reply would be, and the next another had seemingly appeared out of nowhere. This one though, gave him the distinct impression that one more move would be his last. It didn't help his senses had suddenly kicked into overload, warning him that he needed to get the heck out of there, and fast.

Dark eyes glanced nervously between the woman and the door when a sudden sound froze him cold. Was that a gun cocking?
I'm going to be killed.. I really put my foot in my mouth this time..

Oof! The next thing he knew he was laying on the floor underneath... Epiphany? It was her! Aiden didn't know whether to laugh or cry at that, so instead he settled for trying to squirm out from underneath her, his dark eyes still looking towards the woman with the hidden gun.

"There's a bag in room 128.. give it to Inion if you see her." The words spoken to Epiphany as he slipped free. Now to just edge towards the door..
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:50 pm

Seleen locked the gun so there wouldn't be a miss fire. "Come on Vesta, I'll buy you a soda, let's let Lady Epiphany have some time with her brother." She smiled to the man and Lady Epiphany.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:56 pm

If there was soda involved then she would be up for it.

Brother? That still kinda baffled her. Vesta looked between the girl (who she learned was called Epiphany) and the guy. They didn't look too much alike did they? Maybe.. but she didn't have too much time to think about it.

"Sure . Seleen is it? I can do for that."

Besides, there was always time for questions later. "Sorry for bright lighten ya." Directed to the guy as she headed away with Seleen.

Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:07 pm

So much was happening at one time that she almost didn't see Aiden sneaking away to the door. "Oh no you don't." And she went after him to block the door.

"Thanks Seleen. I'll be around if anyone needs me." Around, she still had to get to her room, but right now this was more important.

Trying to get herself in Aiden's path she crossed her arms and stood her ground. "So you were just going to sneak in here, drop off a package, and not even say hi to me? You're own sister?" Maybe she shouldn't try to make him feel guilty, but he might be able to tell that she was only playing with him right?

"Missed you. How have you been?"
Epiphany
Epiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:47 pm

Seleen and Vesta got over to the bar. "Have you already ordered something today? I thought you might have given how busy the master cheif is. Either way, pick your poison. I offered a soda because I know how popular it is back home on Earth. So what'll it be? Coke, Pepsi, Dr.Pepper, no wait, Root Beer? Of course, if there is something else you would like to drink?"

Seleen chuckled. She had drank a Dr.Pepper once, a Root Beer too, but being a vampire they both tasted rather nasty to her. But her human friend, a personal assistant of sorts, loved the stuff. Seleen was feeling a little homesick. She missed her friends, but they had betrayed her and her Goddess. They had sided with the wrong Vampire. So now, Rhy'Din was her new home.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiden Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:05 pm

Lucky for Epiphany he had been moving slowly towards the door, unluckily for him it meant she could get in front of him. Frowning at her standing there with her arms crossed, he stopped and took up the same posture. For the moment they could have been twins.

"I was not sneaking in here, nor was I dropping off a package. I simply left my bag in a room and came to acquire the key, then this happened." He sighed, looking at her over the top of his glasses. "I was not going to harm that woman, I swear. Please give her my apologizes."

A glance was given back towards the room before he moved closer to the door, well as close as he could get with her standing there. "I missed you as well sister, and I was doing fine until I almost got shot." Another glance was given, and his voice lowered. "Is this an Inn or a prison? I have never seen such security at either one before."
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:25 pm

Epiphany grinned at him and patted him playfully on the cheek as she sough to capture his arm. Just in case he was still going to try and escape.

"Sorry about all that. She meant no harm, really. Today's just been a really hectic day with a few things going on that need extra watching." Trying to say without saying much at all. That was her way.

"The girl with the multi-colored hair, that's Vesta. She's a bit crazy in a fun way. Odds are she was just messing with you. Good girl she is. The other is Seleen, she just wants to make sure everything is on the up and up." A good way to say it.

"And yes, this is an Inn, how did you find us? No matter. I'm sure after tonight things will be calmer. Come, let's get you to your room." Still trying to keep a hold on his arm, she went to get the key to his room.

Epiphany
Epiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiden Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:39 pm

She may have gotten a hold of his arm, but that didn't mean he was going anywhere. When she tried moving him off to get the key he stiffened up and held his ground. He wasn't going back into the room if he got his way about it.

"I have my ways of finding people, even when they leave and don't tell their brothers where they are going." If she could see through his glasses she would find herself on the end of a pointed look. "As I said earlier you can give the bag to Inion or even keep it for yourself. I know it will be safe whether in her hands or yours."

He turned towards the door, his free hand coming up to move the hood back over his face. "I have decided that I do not wish to stay."
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:01 am

Seleen overheard him talking to Lady Epiphany. "Don't leave on my account. Someone just felt the slight fear that Vesta was feeling, Vesta probably didn't even know she was feeling it yet. Stay, visit with your sister, I promise, no harm will come to you." She looked over her shoulder then and showed him that she was putting her gun in her lap and he was no longer in any kind of danger.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:59 pm

"Rootbeer would be swell. You know, now all I have to do is find a job doing something and then I can do things. Like get a change of clothes."

She laughed. Well she had been in the same clothes for a couple days. It was hard to keep them washed and it took a lot of time. She couldn't remember the last time she did work like that. Made her feel like she was in the mid-ages, where people washed clothes by hand and hung'em on lines. Her line was the curtain pole of her shower.

Vesta leaned towards Seleen. "Maybe the sudden arrival got him off guard. I didn't know he was a vampire, I think he's kinda cute," throwing a glance over her shoulder at Aiden. "They don't look related."

Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:21 pm

Stubbornness, it had to run in the family. He was being stubborn. But, after what had happened she didn't think that she could really blame him.

He was right about what he said though. She did pick up and leave and not tell him where she was going. Epiphany simply wasn't use to having to account for where she was. Either that, or she had gotten so use to people finding her at one place, that she didn't think about telling people that she had moved.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you that I went somewhere else. It was kinda something I simply did. Picked up, with a couple of friends, and left. You could say it was for health reasons." It was. Kinda.

She still tried to hold on to that other hand of his.

"Stay. Please? Don't let the small misunderstanding keep you from visiting. At least for a little while? Vesta was only playing and Seleen doesn't mean you any harm. They won't bother you again."

Epiphany
Epiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:09 pm

Seleen tried to flag down Lady Madeline to get them some drinks. While she waited she addressed Vesta. "As far as a job goes, I am sure they could use a hand around here doing something. If there's nothing you can do here then I am sure that we can find you something at the keep a short distance from here. And the clothes can be fixed as well. We have a washer and dryer and I am sure that in one of the five rooms of clothing that we can find you some things to wear, you look to be the same size as Lady Tasha. I'm sure she has plenty of clothes at the keep. I would look into getting a job here first though, it would be more convenient for you."

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:57 am

That sounded like a down right good idea to her - the clothes part, she didn't know about the working. All depended on what type of work it was.

"Maybe I can simply borrow something from, Tasha you said her name was? Lady Tasha." Just hoping that didn't mean a lot of frilly dresses.

"Hey ah, Seleen. Nephalie and I are going with Cad, out exploring and all that, and he gave some money to someone in your group to have it exchanged at the Keep. I don't know if they've done it yet or not, but perhaps you'd like to come along with us? We're leaving once Cad gets up."

The more the merrier right? Seleen had been working hard, she might like a bit of a break.

Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiden Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:03 pm

They were a rather stubborn family, weren't they? Interesting how that trait didn't come from their father. And no, she couldn't blame him for being stubborn this time given the circumstances. He had went silent for the moment, simply listening.

Listening to her, and listening to the others, he leaned up against the wall, well as best he could considering Epiphany still had a hold of his arm. Hmm.. he was kind of cute, wasn't he? At least if you liked that Caribbean vampire look he had going on.

Dark eyes had turned to watch the two sitting over at the bar. The gun had been placed in the woman's lap, though the sight of it did little to calm nerves. A moment of silence was taken before he turned back to his sister.

"Health reasons, eh? That causes one to pick up and move with two Elves?" His eyes rolled as he bumped into her. "Next time tell me. I do not wish to hunt all over Rhy'Din for you." His hand was carefully tugged out of hers.

"Now I believe Mary Ann over there owes me a key in exchange for some grapes." Humming the theme to Gilligan's Island as he headed towards the bar.
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next