Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

((Follow the Braid everyone)) The Arival pt 2

+2
Epiphany
Nephalei
6 posters

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

((Follow the Braid everyone))  The Arival pt 2 Empty ((Follow the Braid everyone)) The Arival pt 2

Post by Guest Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:18 pm

"Forgive me my rudeness everyone. Lord Cauthon, prehaps we can pick this up later." She rose from her seat and began to head for the door. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Bo standing there talking to someone ... to ... Lord Jordianthan! "Oh great, now I'm truly in trouble." Hopefully she was wrong having only seen him in a portrait that her friend carried with her.

One problem at a time, after all, she was only one person. She continued to the door and saw Manny, Shamus, and Isah over by the fireplace tending to a centaur with another woman there with them.
"My word, I take time out of my day for a nice conversation with a gentleman and the entire world goes to Hades in a hand basket."

Manny it was then. "Manny, what is going on around here? I get here and find Lord Cauthon, I'm already in trouble. You get here and a young lady comes to me with this ominous message that I am needed outside. I head outside and find you guys in here with an injured lady. And is that who I think it is? Because if it is than I am definately going to get my arse kicked now."

((Did everyone get here ok? lol))

Back to top Go down

((Follow the Braid everyone))  The Arival pt 2 Empty Re: ((Follow the Braid everyone)) The Arival pt 2

Post by Guest Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:48 pm

Manny looks up and see's Seleen walk up. "Thank goodness, it has already been a very long day. We got here as per your instructions, I came in to find you and met that nice lady Ephiphany, she knows everything by the way. So while she and I were comming back in to find you we were found by an unexpected guest. Yes, it is who you think it is. Did I hear you right? Lord Cauthon is here as well?"

Manny lowered his head and shook it to and fro for a moment. "She is going to freak. She wanted to heal before she came face to face with them. Well, Ka ... Lord Jordianthan said that he would take the blame for his presence here. As for Lord Cauthon ..."

Manny looked back to his patient. "This young lady needs to be healed. I offered her the option of magic or natural. Thankfully she chose magic. I shudder to think what harm would befall us if we awoke the healer. Shamus, could you go over there and ask Lord Jordianthan to join us for a moment please. He can heal her right up."

He looked back to Seleen. "When he gets over here you and he can discuss what we are to do next. I already sent Bo to ask him if his Rangers could give us a hand tonight. He seems to be in a rather generous mood. Figured I would take it while I could. He might not be so happy later."

Back to top Go down

((Follow the Braid everyone))  The Arival pt 2 Empty Re: ((Follow the Braid everyone)) The Arival pt 2

Post by Nephalei Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:00 am

((I'm a bit confused... are we continuing this thread here, in the Signing In/Out board, or both? Neutral /blond ))

Nephalei

Number of posts : 96

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:09 am

Shamus, always the man to do as he was asked to do, got up and went over to as Lord Jordianthan for some help. "M'Lord, we have a young lady over here in need of assistance. She's injured and she said she doesn't have to have a natural healing, thankfully, becuase we do not want to wake the healer. She's not exactly up to healings at the moment, but you know her, she would try regardless."

They were all refering to her as the healer becuase they were in such a busy area of the Inn and there were so many people around at this point. It was getting harder and harder to maintain secrecy.

((I was posting in both so you guys would be better able to follow the SL to here. After this post I am only going to be posting here. You may double post for a few is you wish, although it might start to look a little odd. I just thought it was time to braid them together and lessen the confusion. If you guys wish to return to the other section once she is healed so you can get checked in no one will hold it against you. This being free-form RP you can do as you wish with your charrie and no one can tell you how, so how ever you prefer is fine with us. Thank you for asking though. I'll post an OOC right quick to inform everyone of the braiding of the threads.))

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:18 am

(Can we just imagine that Kahn's post is above this? Maybe the admin can move the post? :sweat: so.... anyway...)

Thankfully the Lt. chose to go and see what the problem was instead of giving her a note. Of course, she followed. In following she put her hand to her head and squeezed her eyes shut for just a moment.

There seemed to be a mess of people there at the front area. She didn't hear everything, but she heard that someone needed to be healed, and asking if that person was afraid of the dark. Curious and feeling the need to go, she headed to the front door.

Epiphany leaned against the door frame. She recognized Vesta, since she had been rooming a day or two already, and then there was a centaur, Manny, the Lt. and another man. He had the strange energy. Possibly... another vampire.

"I can heal her, without subjugating her to the dark. And you all can see about the cargo..."
Epiphany
Epiphany

Number of posts : 615

http://www.bebo.com/iastepiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:34 pm

((Yay, my turn again. Ya'll ready? Here we go. LOL))

Seleen looked around her suddenly feeling a little clausterphobic, heh, clausterphobic vampire. She wasn't truly clausterphobic, but there were just so many beings around her. This was supposed to be simple. Get them back to Rhy'Din, find them a place to stay while they recouperate. Somewhere nice and private and hidden away so they could heal then go in search of their loved ones. Now their loved ones were already here ... well some of them anyway. Oh she was in big trouble now. Who to address first, what problem to solve first.

"Lord Jordianthan, 'tis a pleasure to finaly meet you face to face. I have heard so much about you over the past few years I feel as if I know you already. I am sorry that we are meeting like this, it was her choice to do things this way. She thought this would be best. I honestly thought having her loved ones around would be be better for her, but I am only her Lt. I take my orders from her. Forgive me?"

She turned to Epiphany. "Lady ... Epiphany is it? Thank you for comming to get me. I trust you will keep your silence about what you saw this day in the coach? And thank you."

Now Manny and the other employees. "Manny, I do believe that this will be the perfect moment to unload the coach. Bring everything in and take it through the kitchen into the basement. There should be a bed down there. Please do not forget to put the dirt on the floor before you place those large boxes. Put mine closest to the door with the bed and the other box behind me please. I will bring the healers medical kit down with me. Please make sure the garment bags are hung somehow, I know you will figure something out. I saw the Rangers leave to their requested duties so you all should have no problems. Also, please take all the eqines to the stables to be cared for, ask the young lady on the unicorn if you can tend to her equine as well while you are at it. And now that you all will not be taking all the guard shifts I will see if I can aquire you some lodgings as well. You will need the rest to take over for the Rangers in the morn."

Was that everything? She looked around her. Oh, the centaur and her friend. "Ladies, I am so sorry that you got dragged into our family mess here this day. Please accept our hospitality and let us pay for a few nights of your stay. You may choose yor healer of choice. We do not wish to be a bother to anyone." She hoped that everyone agreed with her, she knew she shouldn't be speaking for anyone but herself, but she was trying to get a handle on the situation the best she could. After all, she learned from the best.

((Yep, V is the worlds biggest control freak, heh, just like her mun, and Seleen learned from her. But hey, I try to behave. LOL))

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:50 pm

Manny smiled up at Kahn and then saw Epiphany walk up as well. That made his smile broaden. He knew that in Epiphany he had found a new friend. Seleen joined the fold and he turned his attention to her. He listened to everything she had to say and then turned to his men.

"Let us join the others ot at the coach. Isah, you and I will get the bags of dirt and get them down first. I will spread the dirt while you eight bring down those large boxes. They have to get in first. Then four of you will bring down the rest of the luggage and the other three will tend to the equines. Myself and one other will stay down in the basement getting things situated there and making sure they are not disturbed. We need to try to get this done as fast as possable men. If she awakens and is still in the coach, the trouble will only grow."

Manny and the other men got up and headed out the door. They left the centaur and her friend, along with the one she was talking to, in the more than abble hands of Seleen, Kahn, and Epiphany.

((Nephalei, you're up. And no worries guys, I'm not going to start a whole new string for unloading the coach, they will be blended into the background for now.))

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephalei Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:02 pm

Nephalei watched everything around her with great interest. She had absolutely no idea what was going on, but that didn't make it any less fascinating to her. She was naturally nosy and her current predictament only brought out the worst of it. Actually, now that the pain in her leg and from the cut had died down (that stuff really must have been magic!!), she rather enjoyed the chaos. She was perfectly content just sitting there and taking everything in. It was certainly... busy. She was impressed by the way the woman took hold of the situation, though it did seem as if she was at the heart of... all this.

She hadn't asked for an injured centaur, though, Nephalei supposed. Ah, well. She felt a bit bad for being such an intrusion, but life is unpredictable and there's no remedying that.

"Oh, you know... It's nothing," Nephalei said, in response to the woman. "You have nothing to apologize for. I got myself into this when I let that cart hit by back end." She smiled briefly, then went on. "...But it's been an interesting experience. As for the healer, I have no preference in the matter. I'm not afraid of..." - she glanced toward the man kneeling beside her - "...the... dark?" She didn't know what that had to do with anything. Probably some magical side effect. Or something. "But, well, I'm in no hurry. That... tea... or whatever is was... well, it very much helped the pain, so I'm not anxious. I just don't want to be any more of a bother." She finished with a small smile, feeling a little subconscious about going on so much with so many people around her, especially after causing the kind of commotion that she did.

Nephalei

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:19 am

"Oh, my dear, you are nae a bother at all. We just simply cannot allow a being to be in any type of pain around us." It was said in a mannor suggesting that there was a deeper meaning behind it and Seleen shot Lord Jordianthan a very knowing look. She knew what it must have been like for her friend having an injured centaur in the imeditate area.

"I'm sorry, I am Seleen, and this is Lord Jordianthan. And this other very helpfull young lady would be Lady Epiphany. May we ask what you and your friend are called?"

She looked up and saw that the other girl had gone outside to meet the lady on the unicorn. She had thought that her friend had the last of the unicorns, but she was wrong, and for once she was glad for it.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephalei Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:22 pm

Lady Seleen. Lord Jordianthan. Lady Epiphany. Right. She was fairly sure she wouldn't remember those names, but she figured she'd give it her best shot. She was terrible with names.

"My name is Nephalei," she said. "And she..." She turned to realize, for the first time, that Vesta had slipped away. In all the commotion, her mind was on other things. "Oh. Well. She's gone now, but her name is Vesta. Vesta Voui, I think it was. She's quite a character, I must say, but she seems like a good person." She stopped talking as she realized she in danger of babbling again. Perhaps that medicine made her a bit.. tipsy. Or something.

((I'm guessing I was supposed to go again, because Seleen directly addressed Neffie, but if I was wrong, sorry for cutting in!! Embarassed ))

Nephalei

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:29 am

((No, you're good, but I'm going to throw in some background to give Epiphany and Kahn a chance to say something.))

Manny and Isah started carrying in bags of dirt. Manny carried two but Isah carried four. The two that Manny carried were tied with a red tie and the four Isah carried were tied with a black tie. That was the only difference in the two. Down to the basement with them.

There were 16 bags of each. The different colored ties were to keep them seperated, the dirt came from two different areas of the world. Once Isah took his last four bags down with Manny he came back up alone. Manny stayed down and started spreading the dirt into a long pile. Isah brought down the last of the bags and then was outside for a while.

A few moments later Shamus came in alone and empty handed. He walked over to where everyone was helping Nephalei. "Excuse me please, Lady Epiphany ... is there another enterance we can use? We cannot get those ... boxes through the revolving door."

He stood there with his hands clasped behind his back, feet together and looking down in a submissive stance that a servant would take. It was just a habbit with all of her servants, she never asked it of them, they just always did it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:23 am

Nephalie seemed to be doing okay, at least she didn't seem to be in a lot of pain anymore. Still, she was bleeding and around vampires that wasn't exactly the best thing.

While a bit of talk was going on, Epiphany had been rubbing her hands together on a cloth she pulled out of her pocket. It was a small thing, able to fit into the palm of he hand. Rubbing it and infusing it with something to help the wound. Anyone who had the ability to sense it, would have felt pure energy, untainted and holy. It wasn't a lot, but even a little could draw attention from any who could feel. Just as quickly as it was there, it was gone.

"There is the back door, you'll need me to open it. We bring our supplies in from there. It should be large enough for your needs."

Epiphany knelt down and placed the small cloth on Nephalie's leg. "Wipe the blood and wound with the cloth. As you do, you will be healed."

Then she stood and brushed her hands upon her pants, nodding to Shamus. "Shall we go then?" Taking the back way to the kitchen. That would mean heading outside and around the back of the Inn.

Epiphany
Epiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:00 am

"Yes Ma'am, thank you." He turned on his heels and followed Epiphany out to the door. As they got out the door he walked over and picked up his handle on the one box. All eight men followed her to the back door, four on each box. Better to get them both in as soon as possable.

One of the boxes, the one marked with a V, was quivering slightly. And the closer they got to the Inn, the more it shook. Bo thought for a second that they were going to drop it, but they kept hold.

They got the boxes in the door and placed them where Manny instructed them to. Bo volunteered to stay down there with Manny and the boxes while the others went back up and out to get the rest of the luggage and deal with the Equines.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kahn Jordianthan Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:00 pm

*Noticing how Nephalie was a bit unnerved by all this and seeing Epiphany put a compress on her leg. He simply shrugs and backs off, looking down to her with a nod*

"That's simply where the majority of my abilities comes from..I can see it makes ye uncomfortable.. that's fine.. Offer's there if you need it. But you seem to be in good hands"

*Glances outside to see them starting to unload her carriage and decides not to intefere, making his way to the bar and simply watching the hustled activity in the inn.. seeming disconnected and disinterested in it all
Kahn Jordianthan
Kahn Jordianthan

Number of posts : 44

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:17 pm

Seleen looked at him as he walked away. She looked back at Nephalei. "If you need anything just let us know. For now just rest here." She got up and followed him to the bar. She was concerned.

"Lord Jordianthan ... are you alright? It seems as if something is wrong." She hoped that whatever it was she could help make it better. She knew about what happened to her friend when people were in a bad way, it was worse when it was someone she loved. She hoped that Manny had the situation under control downstairs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:26 pm

Manny was downstairs with the coffins. Her coffin was heating up, he could feel the heat comming from it. He began to worry. He began to pace while he wondered what to do. Other employees were bringing bags in and he wondered if there was something in one of the bags that could help her. Something had her upset, mildly so, but upset none the less. What to do, what to do?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kahn Jordianthan Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:12 pm

*He shakes his head and offers a quick smile. Nothing was wrong, he just evaluated a situation and deemed his presense not necessairy*

"I'm fine Seleen.. she was reluctant and nervous..Not going to put any more pressure on her. It's not life threatening so a salve should do fine"
Kahn Jordianthan
Kahn Jordianthan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephalei Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:14 pm

It seemed that the man - Lord Jordianthan, was it? She'd already forgotten - had misread her confusion for discomfort. That was fine by her; Epiphany had already given her something and she wouldn't have to be "subjected to the dark" or whatever it was, which didn't sound terribly pleasant.

She picked up the compress Epiphany had given her and looked at it. It didn't appear to be anything special, on the outside, though obviously there was something special about it. Half-bracing herself, with great anticipation, she leaned back and ran over her cut. There was a shock of sharp pain, as the compress passed over the wound, then...

The cut was gone.

"Wow," she whispered. She could hardly believe it. Undisputable, definitive magic. Like what she read about in stories.

Unbelievable.

When she ran the cloth over her hurt ankle, the same thing happened - another shock of pain, this time a bit stronger. She could feel bone shifting, which was not an enjoyable feeling, but it lasted for only a moment. Then she felt absolutely fine. "Wow," she whispered again. Just for emphasis.

She could stand up easily now, with just a small ache that quickly ceased. She figured she would check in and then get out of everyone's way, since there was so much going on. "Thank you," she said, nodding to Seleen and Lord Jordianthan, making a note to thank Epiphany later as well. "I very much appreciate the help. I think I'll just check in and then get out of your way."

Nephalei

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:45 pm

The luggage was all downstairs now, the equines were all taken care of for the night, the employees were busy making the basement look as much like a room as possable. Manny checked the temprature of the coffin again, it was cooling down. Something had gotten her upset. He just had no idea what it was.

"Let's get Lady Masterson out of the Lt.'s coffin and onto the bed, it should be time for her medication and I immagine she's getting quite hungry. She should be waking soon. I'll go upstairs and see if I cannot procure her some dinner."

He headed upstairs to get her some food while the others stayed down and moved her to the bed and finished what they were doing.

Manny entered into the kitchen at the top of the stairs. He saw the Lt. and Kahn sitting at the bar. He walked over to them with a smile. "Mind if I join you, I came up to see if I could get the healers bag and get her something to ea ... er well, drink. It's time for her medication and she's probably getting hunrgy too. I immagine she'll be getting up soon. We're moving her to the bed if you all care to come down and see her."

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:07 pm

Epiphany had hung back in the kitchen after letting Manny and the men in. Partially watching the door and partially getting a good hold of herself. She had to come to grips with the fact that two very strong vampires were staying in the Inn.

Now there others there at the bar. Madeline was working the other side, which was good. Perhaps Epiphany could help out these three. She hadn't seen the elves and surely Ar wouldn't mind her working around his kitchen. Especially since she was already semi acquainted with two of them.

"Get you all something from the kitchen? Maybe something to relax you a bit after the long evening?" it was directed at the three of them, then she looked at Kahn, whom she had not yet been introduced too. "I haven't met you yet. I'm Epiphany."

Epiphany
Epiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:12 pm

Seleen looked over to Nephalei and nodded. "You're quite welcome dear." Then she saw Manny walking up. "Fine by me. Is she awake now? I would love to go see her. Kahn ... care to join us?"

She watched as Manny asked Epiphany for some blended up meat to put her pain medicine in, powder form of course, while they deceided if they wanted to go downstairs or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:25 pm

Blended up meat. She didn't ask if there was a preference. He might have specified if there had been. Either way, she went to the freezer and found ground beef. that worked or her, it was already ground up so there wouldn't be that much work for her to do.

If Ar saw what she was doing, he probably would faint. Taking the meat she scooped it into the blender and blended it really well. Since it was still rather raw, the juices from it enabled the ground beef to blend into a type of shake. When she was done she put in it in a container and placed it on the bar.

Epiphany
Epiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Kahn Jordianthan Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:31 pm

*Raising an eyebrow as Manny walks up telling them that they may be awake soon. He was a bit apprehensive and it showed.. If Tasha was as feral as they say she is.. He didn't need her trying to make him her next meal. And even though he wanted to see Venis he didn't need her full fury either, even though he said he'd take the blame for his presence. With a soft bite on his lip he nods*

"Let's do this"
Kahn Jordianthan
Kahn Jordianthan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:36 pm

Manny smiled a very large smile. "Thank you my friend. This will be perfect." He added the powder and gave it an easy swirl to mix it well. "This should hold her for a bit. You won't be in any trouble for this will you?" She had remembered that beef had been specified, even though Manny had forgotten to mention it this time, he was impressed. He kept his eyes on her even though he was actualy paying attention to everyone around him. It had been a long, long time since he had had a friend like her.

He looked to Kahn and the Lt. "Well, let us be off then. Lady Epiphany, would you like to join us?" With that he headed back into the kitchen and to the stairs knowing that whomever wished to do so would be right behind him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:42 pm

Seleen rose from her seat and followed Manny. "You know, we might wake them both up right? Just so you know." She wasn't really speaking to anyone, yet eveyone. She just wanted them to be warned. They didn't have it in thier nature to get mad in front of everyone, but she wanted them to know what was going to happen. "Yes, lady Epiphany, you may join us if you wish. Any friend of Manny's is a friend of ours."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next