Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Time Spent Away

Go down

Time Spent Away Empty Time Spent Away

Post by Epiphany Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:43 pm

It has been over a month since Epiphany had been at the Tel’Ranaemyn Inn, having left there after Venis had been healed. She took nothing with her but what had been currently in her possession, didn’t tell anyone where she was going or when she was likely to return. She simply left.

Vanishing for a few days at a time was not an uncommon practice for her. At her old organization she would vanish every weekend. It was her break, her time away, her chance to gain back a bit of sanity from all the stress and pressures of the week before. It was commonly assumed that she was either at the church and orphanage, or the docks, those were the two places the average person that knew her would look. No one ever worried – she always came back. Duty and obligation saw to it.

This time, those things did not apply.

It was the middle of October and she was at the church, and the Nuns were preparing for the evening service that would take place later that day. Epiphany was busy lighting the candles on the alters in the sanctuary with her friend Susan. They were the same age and had trained together. It has been assumed that they would both take the vows, but Epiphany chose a different path.

“There’s talk you know, amongst the Sisters, that you are going to take the vows.”
It was uncommon for the Sisters to associate with the Apprentices’, even less common for them to do the remedial task off lighting candles. That was for the ladies in training. Susan wore the habit of a Nun while Epiphany was in the brown and white of an Apprentice. “With all the time you’ve been spending here. Not simply the weekends. Epiphany it’s been almost two months.” Hushed tones were used for sounds were easily heard in the room. “The Sisters, Father, everyone. There’s tale of them taking your Habit out of storage.”

Lit candlestick Epiphany moved from one candle to the next, making sure that the wicks caught. “Then they can put it back. You know I’m not staying. I can’t stay.”

“Then why are you…”

“You know why Suzie." Cutting her friend off mid-sentence. "I left the Alliance to get away from Vampires. I know that’s nearly impossible here in Rhy’din but,” she glanced around and leaned in closer to Suzie, trying to keep her voice down from echoing off stonewalls. “I was trying to forget. I almost shifted. I had to bring out the pocket watch to put my thoughts on other things.”

The news that Epiphany still had the pocket watch came as a surprise to the Nun and the matchstick she held fumbled and lightly burned her hand causing Susan to make a brief exclamation. The others around had stopped to see what was going on and Susan got a quick hold of the matchstick and blew out the end before pulling Epiphany away from the candles with a tight grip on her upper arm. She did not let go until they were out of the sanctuary and in the shadows of a corner in the adjourning hallway.

“Are you insane?” Susan hissed at Epiphany in whispered tones. "You were to get rid of everything weren’t you? What else did you keep? Pippy, that was a direct order and you went against it. You should fear for your life.”

“Nothing has happened to me yet, and He knows I still have it. Nothing’s happened to me yet.” Looking for all the world like a scolded child. “And I didn’t use it, I only wore it.”

Susan shook her head. “It’s the thoughts Epiphany. The thoughts behind it and what was going on in that head of yours. You said so yourself you wore it to put your thoughts on other things.

“It will be okay. It will. I’m going to go out.” She passed her wick to Susan. “I will be back.”

Susan looked doubtful, but she took the wick from Epiphany and watched as her friend headed out of the church.

Epiphany
Epiphany

Number of posts : 615

http://www.bebo.com/iastepiphany

Back to top Go down

Time Spent Away Empty Re: Time Spent Away

Post by Epiphany Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:35 pm

Night. The perfect time to be in a graveyard, especially during this time of year. Some people thought graveyards to be haunted and didn't frequent them at night. The superstition of being attacked by the dead or having your soul captured and many other things kept people away at night. Not her. Epiphany had been in the graveyard since the sun was down, walking between the headstones with a basket of white lilies hung on her arm and in a long baby blue dress. This was an old graveyard, there were statues and a few tomb chambers. A wrought iron fence surround it. She stopped by one of the graves and knelt down, placing a flower on the dirt bed.

Elves didn't have graveyards, at least they didn't where Elessar came from, so perhaps that was the reason he suddenly found himself drawn to one. He stood outside the fence, looking in when he noticed someone walking inside. To him it looked like Epiphany, but it couldn't be, could it? He pressed in closer, trying to get a better look.

It was her, though why she was in a graveyard might have thrown him off as to it really being here. When she was done with that grave she stood and dusted off the bottom of her dress, getting the dirt off. When she stood she saw someone standing outside the gates. They didn't have to be outside, the gates were open and she knew who it was. "It's alright to come in." She wasn't near the gate, but at the middle of the graveyard, though she knew that he would be able to hear her.

That could go two ways, for it being strange to her that he was at a graveyard? He had heard her, and began moving towards the open gates with her words. "I thought that was you." Once inside he began heading towards her.

Once he was in she waited where she was for a moment or two longer and then started walking in slow strides. "Evening Elessar. I haven't seen you in a while." switching the basket from one arm to the next. "Didn't know you'd find me in a graveyard. Not exactly the best meeting place is it?" She gave him a soft smile and rocked back on her heels. She was in flat shoes.

"It's good to see you Epiphany," He had caught up with her easily, and began matching her stride. "I have not been around the Inn as of late. It seems this season has caught up with me." A glance was given to the headstones. "It is an unusual place to meet I must say."

"I come here every year. Especially around this time of year. It's..something I do." The gravestones in the section she was walking, the inscriptions on them had faded away. A few of them were still there, only hard to see. "What's been keeping you from the Inn? I'm coming back. I'll be back by Monday." She was sure of it, almost, and knelt down besides another grave and pulled out another flower. "My absence isn't what's keeping you away from it. Is it?"

"No, it is not you. It is simply this season. It reminds me how many years have passed, how many have been lost." He reached out to the nearest stone, carefully running the tips of his fingers over the top.

She was only kidding about her being the reason he had been absent. A joke. She wasn't that good at making jokes but she tried. Epiphany took one of the flowers out and placed it on the grave. "Someone told me once before, that we shouldn't dwell on the ones at that lost, but on the ones who survived. It was really in relation to the war field but, I think it applies here too." She smiled at him then looked back to the grave. "I come here to spend time with the dead. Sometimes they get lonely."

They had something in common when it came to jokes, for Elessar rarely understood when one was said. "It is hard not to dwell when the season comes around." He frowned as he looked away. "Do you only come once a year?"

A small frown. "No. No I.. guess you could say this is another place I come to think. A lot of things have happened to me while at this graveyard." The frown turned into a sad smile before she stood again and dusted her skirt. "There are people I've lost too, and other deaths that I've seen. Being here also reminds me of the circle of life. All things live. All things die. Sometimes it's a good thing. To be here I mean."

Epiphany
Epiphany

Number of posts : 615

http://www.bebo.com/iastepiphany

Back to top Go down