Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Time for rest?

2 posters

Go down

Time for rest?  Empty Time for rest?

Post by Leo Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:47 pm

(I like to think of it as open.)

Leo gave a sigh of relief as he leaned forward, his arms crossed, upon the ships railing. He had never been much of a sailing sort of man, but when it was the only option for travel that would get him into Rhy'din without too much notice. He had been away for longer than he had wanted, tying up a few loose ends and putting new processes in order for the Marqués and now he simply wanted to rest.

He had dressed himself like the other vagabonds on this cargo ship - and put in the same amount of work. Lifting and hauling are things that were not new to him and his gift of tongues, as well as the clever wrapping over his head and soot to mask the facial features, helped him to fit right in with the foreign lot. The only drawback was the consequence it did to his left hand, which he took much care of and only opened his mouth to speak to the others when it was truly needed.

How good it would be to arrive back to a place he called home. Leo needed to be able to take well care of the hand before the damage of it expanded more or he wasn't able to deal with its pain. He remembered the help Inion did for him that time, but this time it was deeper and he also could recall how she felt that pain. During the trip he had been able to fashion a bracer of a sorts, for his wrist and half lower arm, but it was shoddy work at best. Pride may be the better of him one day.

Other ships began appearing on the horizon and pretty soon the docks at the Marketplace, the destination all were headed. It wasn't too long after that when the call to prepare for docking was called out and Leo went to work with the others. Soon after the gangplank was settled and Leo had his pack over shoulder and headed off the ship with all the others, collecting their pay at the portmaster before going about their own ways.

Leo dodged questions about if he was going on another trip, and was vague about his business here in Rhy'din, even so, he could never be to wary. He planned to leave the shipyard and loiter about the Marketplace before taking the path that leads to New Haven.

Leo
Leo

Number of posts : 238

Back to top Go down

Time for rest?  Empty Re: Time for rest?

Post by Inion Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:56 am

Of course Inion could be found wondering the market place. To her there was not many things better then an open air market, so with a list in hand she shopped. To some it might look she was just wondering as there was only a few things in her basket but she really was on a mission to get her required shopping done so she could do some fun shopping. Stopping at the fish monger she placed her order and with that done she was now able to shop for herself. That meant a stop at the flower stall, her favorite place. They knew her well there, sure she could grow her own flowers but she liked helping local farms. Inion and the owner of the stall talked, laughed and shared ideas as the young woman created an amazing bouguet of seasonal flowers in bright colors.
Inion
Inion

Number of posts : 303

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:19 am

The first thing that Leo did, while walking around the Marketplace, was to stop by a vendor of old wares. They were not too old, but they were not new either. Second hand goods. It wasn’t that he couldn’t afford something new, it only wasn’t what he wanted.

After spending a few moments poking around the vendors cart, Leo came away with an old floppy brown leather hat. The worn mess of a head wrap was removed from his head and put it around the bracer on his arm - that would help to further mask the smell of blood that rested around him. Leo pushed the hat so far down his head it nearly fully covered his eyebrows and, in a sly turn he also switched out the pack he carried for a patched jacket. His outside appearance was now different than when he left the ship. One can never be too cautious.

Leo started through the Marketplace, the shadow masking how his eyes were looking around the place as he kept his head straight ahead. He was quite adapt at picking up familiar sounds and voices, many of which he paid no attention to, but when he heard one it particular, it caused him to misstep in his walk. The voice was not coming from to far off and he turned his head to get a better location of it.

The flower shop. A person or two was there, but the only one that mattered to him was the Fae. It was that Leo could continue to proceed out of the Marketplace, dressed as he was and the pain of the hand were signs to say he should leave her be. But there was another part that said he should see her. Leo started his way to the vendor, taking his care to move around to end on the side near arms length away.

Keeping his head down Leo's good hand drifted over the flower selection near him before he plucked out a pretty white blossom. "You have so many lovely flowers in your hands," Leo piped in when he heard a break in the conversation between Inion and the merchant. The flower he picked was now being held out to Inion. "Allow me to buy you another, even if they all are pale in the shadow of your smile."

Leo, he did keep his voice low and head down, looking at her from within the shadow of his hat. He never thought he was good with lines, but that didn't mean he never tried.

Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:13 am

The market was filled with smells and feelings so Inion kinda shut out most of the things. She had noticed the man looking at the flowers but she didn't pay too much attention since he didn't seem a threat. When her and the merchant had finished talking and the man spoke holding out the flower was when she realized just who was hiding beneath the hat. Her smile brightened and she reached for the flower her fingers softly grazing along his. She did wonder at his dress, not his usual dapper look she figured there must be a reason he was dressed so. The smell of the ocean was strong on him so she took it he had just returned from a business trip. "Such sweet words good sir deserve a reward." Leaning close to him she kissed him on the cheek and whispered in his ear just so only he could hear, "tis good to see you Leo." A step away from him and a look that said she would not give away his secret. "You smell of the sea good sir, I hope your travels have been good?" That delicate blossoom he had offered her was brought to her nose and she took in its sweet smell. Such good taste he had even in simple flowers. "I was just about to take some refreshements, would you care to join me? I know of a lovely Inn nearby."
Inion
Inion

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:23 am

"Oh, ho-ho, oh!" Leo pro claimed with an elaborate display of amazement when he received the kiss to his cheek. While most of it was an act, the rest of it was true. Leo was surprised that she would grant him a kiss with the condition he was in; and he was pleased she recognized him.

"Not only thanks, but I get a kiss,"stared with a smile as he took the brim of his hat in three fingers of his right hand, and tipped his hat. "You treat me too well," Leo said. He even gave her a wink for saying she would play along.

He had a passing thought of whether of not she was able to pick up on the pain through that kiss. It was possible. He would try not to dwell on the pain she would have felt.

The offer for something more was on the table. "This place you speak of, I go to where this lovely flower leads." Leo leaned over to the merchant and said, "I would be crazy to not." A shower would be welcomed, he would settle for a basin of water.

His main concern right now was washing down his hand and tending it with special car before it bled out to the ground. It would be doubly bad if it happened around all these people for he could not imagine the site of a bleeding man going without notice. As it were, the light of day had started fading an hour ago and surely those with a more 'picky' pallet would be roaming around more freely.

"Led on, my pretty flower." Leo said, even though he knew the way himself this was all part of the ruse to throw off any others who may be watching. He and Inion could talk more after the larger of crowds was left behind.

Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:47 am

She blushed slightly adding to the ruse and paid for her flowers that now filled her basket. Inion had felt the tinge of pain from him but knowing what caused it she didn't let it show on her face or mentioned it. No reason to make Leo feel uncomfortable.

The owner of the flower stall gave him a wink when he commented about being crazy not to follow the lovely woman,"yes you would be crazy, but beware this lovely rose could lead you astray." She laughed and hoped he knew she was being funny.

In order to not make Leo feel uncomfortable Inion did not hold out her arm for him. Instead she moved onto the path that led to the inn "I actually do have other plans then just thanking you for the lovely flower." She gave him a wicked little grin, "you should never trust a fairy to have just one thing one her mind."

The inn drew closer and Inion chattered as though this was the first time they have met, just in case anyone was paying extra attention to them "I know that it might be odd to go out of the way for a drink and meal when so many places are faster to get to but this Inn has the most amazing chef. And while we eat maybe you could tell me a bit of your travels." She gave a little pout "I haven't been able to travel much lately."
Inion
Inion

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:17 pm

Leo played along; he was very adept at taking cues and following along - at least he liked to think so. Besides, this sort of play let him spend time with Inion, so why would he not enjoy? It is that he kept his eyes open while they walked, staying a step behind her and looking out for any suspicious people that may have been taking a special interest to the couple making way through the Marketplace. On a regular day he would have wanted to stop and linger at a few shops, perhaps even buy a thing or two, but those things would have to come later as he had to attend to his hand.

“To travel, it is a wonderful thing; the places you will go and the people that you may have chance to meet.” He spoke about it in wishful tones, how he wished that travel was as easy as it use to be. Most of the places he went to now were more for business than for pleasure.

Once they were out of the Marketplace, and the Inn was coming into their sights, Leo felt that he could relax a little. His shoulders lost their tenseness and Leo shifted the hat on his head to allow a bit more light underneath; he leaned closer to Inion. “How fortunate for me to have come across you at the Marketplace,” he said, a smile upon his lips. “For after a long journey, it does the heart good to see those it cares about.”

He meant it too, and as long as Inion didn’t start speaking to him in her native language, Leo would be alright. All the many tongues and ways of speaking he had to endure on his trip was what had his hand in its current condition. "You are looking well."

Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:35 am

There was someone watching them and Inion noticed him, but she wasn't worried abou it. The tall, dark and annoying stalker had been following her through the market from the beginning and really wasn't a threat. "I use to get to travel alot but things have kept me here more then I wish" Her eyes showed a bit of the longing she had in traveling.

Inion noticed when Leo relaxed a bit and of course as he spoke to her eyes twinkled. He always seemed to know just words would charm her. She would swear he had a bit of Fairy in him. "It was very fortunate that I was in the Marketplace, because running into you makes the day even brighter. It is always nice to see a special friend return home safely from their travels."

Having felt a touch of the pain his hand was causing him hurried her steps to the Inn. Though she would have loved to tally in the market and on the walk, she knew his hand needed to be looked after. "I am doing well with the exception of being a little homesick. I would say you look well but I am sure you know I would be charming you." She paused her steps enough to give him a playful nudge then plucked at his sleeve a bit. "This is quite the outfit you are sporting." They arrived at the front door of the Inn.
Inion
Inion

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:49 am

“You should travel more,” Leo said quite affirmatively. “Perhaps it is that you need someone to kidnap you from all of this to make it happen.” He may have been serious about the stealing away, but there was the hint of a joke in his eyes, even behind all the soot that covered his face.

When she plucked at his sleeve Leo gave a short huff of a laugh and, when reaching the door to the Inn, slid between her and it so that he would be at it first. He was still a gentleman, and they opened doors for females - even the ones of Rhy’din who could rightly take care of themselves. It was all manners. He would have forgotten about his state of dress - if only a little - if it had not been for the wrapping over his head, small ragged strands of thread hung on the edge of his vision.

“You work your charm without trying.” And there was his smile. It split his face and could almost be the start of a laugh, but there were things that kept all of his smiles from reaching their full potential. He was almost surprised that she recognized him the way that he looked. Almost. “I dare to think what would happen, if you ever sought to try on purpose.” His eyes lingered on Inion’s face, taking in her details though he already knew them by heart. The curiosity was there for he had never been - to his knowledge - been charmed by a Fae. Cursed, yes. Charmed, no.

Drawing in a slow breath, Leo turned his eyes to the door and used his damaged hand to open it, moving inside and holding it open for Inion. “Partially sorry for you to see me in this state,” as he was normally clean, “The one thing I do wish is a cloth for my face....and warm water for my hand.” He wasn’t very comfortable talking about the issue with his hand to others - mostly because he had worked hard for years to keep that particular of his life away from public attention - but Inion knew about it, even if she didn’t know the full story.

“Is my luck that it is not infected.” No matter how it bled, or damaged it looked, never had it gotten infected. A blessing, and a curse, in its own. “There are supplies in my room, if you’d care to join me.”

He knew where his room was, though he still looked to see if anyone would appear at the desk, but perhaps that could be avoided.
Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:29 am

]"Well, being kidnapped might be ok just depends on who would be kidnapping and where we would be going." She gave Leo a little wink. She resisted the urge to open the door, not because she was that indepent more because she was a bit old fashioned. She wanted to open it because she knew he would do the gentleman thing hurt hand or not. And of course when he used his sore hand the urge to chide him was there but instead she slipped through the door quickly so he wouldn't have to hold the door long. "I promise not to use my charm magic on you for evil only for good." Inion's laughter was soft and filled with warmth.

The mother in her wanted to take him to her room, run a warm bath, clean his and and cook him a warm meal. The only thing with that is she had no clothes that would suit him. Of course if his room was still on the 3rd floor then hers was close. Lately she was glad that she kept a room here. Having a place to escape all the craziness at the cottage is nice. Him asking her if she would like to join him in his room relieved her a bit, this way she could maybe help him if he wished. "what girl could say no to your charms and turn down an invitation to your room. I don't want to be in the way."
Inion
Inion

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:57 pm

Inion was welcome to Leo's room whenever she liked, though he may not be there at times one never would know what would be the result of a knock. As there was no one at the desk he proceeded to his room.

Leo did not hold on to the railings as he started up the steps. "I can assure you, my dear, that my kidnappings are quite effective," Leo said, a light tone in his voice but that didn't mean he was kidding. His real job description was both vague and direct; Leo often thought of telling others - like Inion - about his work but then he was reminded of his hand. Perhaps one day.

"No matter where I go, it is always good to have a place that can serve as home. Here is much closer than to go all the way to the Manor." That trip would have taken him at least a day, or even two, especially has he didn't leave the docks with a horse. Besides, there were things in his room at the Tel'Ranaemyn that he needed.

He gave her a smile as they reached the third floor. "You have a room on this floor as well, do you not?" Leo was nearly certain of it.

Arriving at the door Leo gave it a single hard knock and listened, when he didn't hear anything in reply he reached into the gauntlet wrapping on his hand and pulled out a key. Considering where it had been the key was slightly soiled, but Leo cleaned it with the end of his shirt. "The Marqués is not in," Leo remarked as the key was placed in the hole and the knob turned. "Feel free to relax as you wish."

Leo held the door open for her. Shades of royal purple and gold were the main colors seen throughout the apartment, but mostly used as highlights and not overwhelming. They mixed well with the cream and light silver colored fabrics. The bedrooms were off to the left side of the main room, with the kitchen and bath on the other. The room held the fresh scent of a vineyard at the peek of the season, the open wooden crate of wine on the table in the main room was the reason for that.

"So he has been here." Leo dropped the bag he carried by the table with the wine and picked up a dark bottle from the crate and looked at it, a Red, and dated a hundred years ago. Leo nodded, "It will do." He said as he placed it back into the crate and picked up the note that was there.

"Inion?" Leo turned to see her, "could you fill a bowl with warm water for me, please." He put the note into his pant pocket and began to loosen the restraints on his hand, though he would not take it off until the water was ready.

Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:06 am

(Hello Smile sorry I haven't been around. I am doing better. )

When Leo spoke of his kidnappings her laughtered deepened "I am sure they are." the walk to his room was quick and she listened to him while smiling. "Yes it is nice to have a place to call home even if it is a home away from home. I still keep a room here just down the hall." She pointed to the door on the garden side just a couple of rooms down.

She stepped into his room and gave a glance around. Not what one would expect from a mans room but then again Leo and Marques were not your average men. "Your room is very nice and comfortable." She could smell the box and it's contents "And it has a wonderful aroma." Inion's attention returned to Leo when he asked her a question. "Of course." she turned and moved through the kitchen quickly, found a bowl and filled it with warm water. She brought it back and sat it on the table for him. "Is there anything else I can get for you while you clean your hand?"
Inion
Inion

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:36 pm

Once the water was ready Leo made his way over to it. "Have some wine, please, if you like," said Leo.  "We do not only have the fabric shop that is in town, but the wine from the Marqués' vineyard is highly traded."  He wanted her to feel comfortable as Leo did not know how she felt about blood and pain. "Or, anything you need to take the wear off of the road."  He said this, though it was really him who needed to relax from his time aboard the ship, not even to mention the loss of blood he was having.

Leo puffed out a breath as he held his hand above the water.  He could feel the pooled blood in the make-shift brace he had loosed a moment ago, but he did not need that to know his hand still bled, and would, for a few hours still.  The trip had done more on him than he had realized. Leo was already tired form the trip, but he would stay up a bit more.

His hand he held right above the water and quickly pulled the rest of the brace off as he sank his hand into the water. Leo managed not to spill any of the blood on the table, it all went into the water clouding it over. Leo clenched his teeth as the water stung his hand and he let out two slow breaths.

"Perhaps you would be kind to wrap my hand for me?" Leo ask her. Blood would seep from the word ' elocuente' that was etched into the back of his hand.  The flow would decrease and stop after a few hours of him not needing to use his gift. He was already starting to look weaker under the rest of his grit and grime.

Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:06 am

Inion didn't have any issues with blood or things such as that being a healer, but she did know that it would be akward to be just standing there staring at him. She was glad when he offered her something to do. "A glass of wine would be most pleasant" She moved through his kitchen with ease as she poured two glasses of the fragrant wine. One glass was set down for Leo once he was done washing his hand and she sipped from hers. "this is a very lovely wine. I just might have to purchase a few bottles myself." She glanced at the bowl and noticed his hand. She didn't say anything at how it was but of course she was concerned.

Her smile was warm "of course I can rewarp your hand for you." She reached into her bag and pulled out a box that contained a few medical things. She didn't have the strong numbing agent but she did have a milder one and the bandages needed. She rubbed some cleansing cream on the wound and a bit of the nmbing around it, then wrapped the hand quickly and neatly. She did notice the fatigue really started to show on has face. " How about you go and get cleaned up a bit and while you do that I will cook you up something to eat. Normally I would stay longer but I have to check in at the cottage soon." It was a little white lie but she knew he would be too polite to tell her that he needed rest so she was making up a reason to leave him to rest.
Inion
Inion

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:09 am

Leo kept on as strong a outwards face as he could while Inion wrapped his hand. Keeping it still. It was not that it hurt, for it had been hurting so a bit more would not make to much a difference, but he did not want to let her see how much it actually hurt. The smile he had may have been tight for this reason.

"I will personally see to it that a case finds your house," Leo said, the tired heard in his voice.  If his hand did not bleed so much then she would not have to worry so much about him. How good it was that the  bleeding was slower than before. He was also glad that she did not make mention of the bloody water.

With his hand properly wrapped, Leo held it against his chest and walked over to a lounge chair and plopped down in it with a sigh. Cradling his hand Leo closed his eyes for a moment. “I am sorry that I'm not the better of company. Forgive, please,” he said before he opened his eyes again. Leo watched Inion. He was not worried about what she might do, he only wanted to look at her, while he could, as she went about.

“I'm sure I would manage something if it is that you have to leave.” Leo stated.  His eyes were closing again, he could feel their weight. For it had been a long and exhausting trip. Both physically and mentally. Leo did know that he had the grim of the road still on his face, and it is that he wanted to do as Inion said and wash it off, but he did not feel quite capable of getting out of the chair. His head dropped forward to rest chin on chest.

He was still slightly awake, but it would not be that way for long.
Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Inion Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:03 am

She knew how much his hand hurt.  She could feel it when she touched him.  No special power was actually needed his body posture said it all.  Her eyes followed him as he went to rest. Why is it men try so hard to be strong when it was ok to show pain and big babies when its a minor thing.  Inion was thankful that she had done some shopping while she was in town.  A hearty stew would have to do.  She got to work fixing up the meal using half of what she had in her basket.  As always with Inion, she sang while she cooked.  It was a soft song infused with a little magic so the stew would give him a bit extra strength when he ate it.  

Once everything was done she covered it and headed out to where Leo was resting.  He seemed so peaceful she didn't want to wake him up.  She found a blanket and covered him hoping he didn't wake up.  She gave him a soft kiss on the cheek and whispered gently "sleep well my handsome knight."  

When he woke he would find a note from Inion next to a vase of flowers she had been buying.

Dearest Leo,

You looked so peaceful I didn't have the heart to wake you.  I left some stew and bread in the kitchen it just needs to be warmed up.  It is good to have you home.  If you need anything or just some company I am staying at the Inn for a few days, I am escaping the cottage.  Just give my door a knock.

Much love,
Inion
Inion
Inion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down