Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

In Search of......

2 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

In Search of...... - Page 3 Empty Re: In Search of......

Post by Beastie Mon May 10, 2010 10:37 am

He sat there for quite awhile thinking. He felt Arcadia's hand in his and the rubbing. Her head on him felt reassuring. What was he to do? The thoughts going through his head were varied. From things like I have a sister to I am going to kill very slowly whomever set up this trap.

What was it they say? 'The first step in avoiding a trap is knowing it is there.'?

He looked to Arcadia, "I have to find out if this is legit or if it is a trap. Any way you can summon her back here. We will meet on my terms, not her's."

He smiled to her, "And if it is a trap.....well I know I have someone I trust and love and whom is dangerous watching my back. If it is a trap, this will be a hell of a Dance."
Beastie
Beastie

Number of posts : 1596

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 10, 2010 9:50 pm

Arcadia nodded to him and kissed his snout before she whispered to him.

::I will be by your side until you ask me to leave it. Just know I love you and I trust you with everything I have and hold dear to me.::

She stood and went off to summon the messenger. She was not going to do this one personally as it was not her place to do so. Finding the messenger she made her instructions clear to him and sent him on his way. Once that was done she returned to Dre to wait with him for this woman who claimed to be his sister to return to the forge.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Fair Mon May 10, 2010 11:44 pm

Rowan made her way to the forge. She would be kidding herself if she said she wasn't a bit apprehensive. There is only one reason for her to be summoned there again.

She stood outside of the door to the forge for a moment before going in. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath and then opened the door and walked in. As the bell rang, she closed the door, stood off to the side and waited....
Rowan Fair
Rowan Fair

Number of posts : 96

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 11, 2010 4:42 pm

Hearing the bell on the door she leaned over and kissed him again and whispered to him.

::That may be her now come up when you are ready.::

Standing slowing and brushing herself off she spoke clearly and with confidence even though she was still rather upset about this as he was.

::I am glad you got my message and thank you for coming back. No need to stand over there you can come closer.::

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Fair Tue May 11, 2010 4:46 pm

Rowan stood there for a few moments, nervously, and then heard someone coming and looked towards the counter as Arcadia appeared.

She nodded and walked to the counter.

"May I assume you've spoken to him?"
Rowan Fair
Rowan Fair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 11, 2010 4:51 pm

A slow nod was given as she spoke again.

::I have and he is not happy with who ever would not speak about his father to you. And I am sure he has many questions of you.::

She was not sure what all he wanted her to say but she knew he needed the time to hear the woman's voice and to gain his control again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Fair Tue May 11, 2010 4:58 pm

She nodded. "I understand." She shrugged slightly. "Not that it matters, I do feel my mother mourned him long before he passed, so that is why she did not speak of him." She sighed. "I will answer any questions he has of me, that would be the least I could do."
Rowan Fair
Rowan Fair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 11, 2010 5:08 pm

Muttering under her breath trying her hardest to be nice but is failing some how.

::Not as much as his mother mourns him.::

A sigh coming from her lips as she looked at the woman.

::Good but know I will be here with him and all I will say is do not lie to him for it will be your biggest mistake.::

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Tue May 11, 2010 5:12 pm

He sat there and listened to the ladies for a few moments. Inside he reminded himself who he was and what he was. He had to smile at the shock this woman whom claimed to be of the same blood, was going to get at seeing something like him.

With that he brushed off his loincloth and stepped into the main room. His red orbs looking to both women. He spoke softly, for the moment, to Arcadia.

"This is she?"
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 11, 2010 5:15 pm

Arcadia nodded and spoke looking at the woman for her reaction of him.

::It is. Dre this is Rowan, Rowan this is Dre.::

Any other name he wanted to give out would be on him. She was only there for the moral support now and to.....well lets just say she will protect her family at all costs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Fair Tue May 11, 2010 5:19 pm

She smiled slightly, hearing what Arcadia had said softly. "Well, that may be true."

She nodded at her other comment. "I have no intention, nor any reason to lie to him."

It was then that she saw movement behind Arcadia. Luckily, she hid her surprise at seeing him. Who this was, she did not know. She looked from one to the other as she heard his question.

When she introduced him, then Rowan showed a bit of shock. She studied him for a moment, not knowing what to say.
Rowan Fair
Rowan Fair

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Tue May 11, 2010 5:27 pm

He took her in. His scaly head head tilting from side to side. Thinking that Arcadia's description of this woman was spot on.

Scaly lips peeled back into a smile, his tail swishing behind him.

"Rowan. Interesting name. You claim to be my father's daughter?"

Simple and direct. Sometimes the bull rush did work best.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 11, 2010 5:30 pm

Arcadia simply stood there and watched and listened. Her eyes were full of fire as she was ready for anything that the fire may be needed for.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Fair Tue May 11, 2010 5:30 pm

She watched him as he studied her. He was not what she expected, but in her experience, not much was.

"Thank you, as is the name Dre." She smiled. "Yes, I do." Short, sweet and to the point.
Rowan Fair
Rowan Fair

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Tue May 11, 2010 5:34 pm

He nodded.

"It is actually Dreconis. Dreconis Dragonis-Darkmane. Most call me Beastie. Friends and family call me Dre. Enemies call me nothing, but I call them lunch. We shall see in which category you are in."

He looked at her.

"My father has long since been dead. His widow still grieving for him. As do we all. By what right do you come to claim you are a daughter of Krownar? Is it money you seek? The name itself? Our reputation?"

Nope he did not buy this story at all, but then again stranger things have happened.

Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Fair Tue May 11, 2010 5:43 pm

She heard his speech, nodded at his name and such and watched him. At this point, she didn't know what category she was in either, but she assumed he was trying to scare her.

"I would assume it may occur to you that you and your immediate family and friends were not the only ones aquainted with Krownar. I seem to be proof of that. My mother, also, mourned for him. And it is true that I was not told enough about him to do the same. I am sorry for that." She looked at both of them.

"I do not seek any of the things you mention. I have no need of your money or reputation. If we indeed are siblings, then so be it and I would hope we could get along." She nodded towards Arcadia. "As I told her, I did not come here to cause trouble, just asked about the name."

She stood and waited for his response.
Rowan Fair
Rowan Fair

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Wed May 12, 2010 11:16 am

He looked at her. He did not know if he believed her or not.

"Then answer me this; why now? Why come looking now? Since we are on that subject, do you have any proof? I mean, my father was well known and such. No offense, but is a bit hard to swallow."

He waited for her response. This was turning out to be a hell of a day.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Fair Wed May 12, 2010 11:21 am

She watched him. She stepped a bit closer.

"Why now? I was just told of this place recently. People like my mother don't say a whole lot, just what is needed to be known. I did not know this place even existed. I came here out of curiosity, nothing more. I surely didn't expect to find relatives." She took a deep breath and let it out slowly.

"As to proof, all I have is my mother's word. To me, that is good enough. I find this a lot to handle, myself."
Rowan Fair
Rowan Fair

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Wed May 12, 2010 11:37 am

He nodded, understanding some.

"What was your mother's name?"

He hoped that the name might ring a few bells of recognition. One never knew. But who would not want to talk about Krow? Had something terrible happened that had to be hidden?
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Fair Wed May 12, 2010 11:53 am

She looked at him before answering. She hoped someone knew of her mother. This whole situation was turning surreal.

"Her name is Rina."
Rowan Fair
Rowan Fair

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Wed May 12, 2010 12:36 pm

He looked at her, his head cocked.

"Need more then that. Tons of Rina's out there. Strumpets to royalty alike. By the Nine Hells, I even know a Richard that wishes he was a Rina. "

He chuckled at that and said to Arcadia, "The guy tried to seduce the Stormbringer."
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Fair Wed May 12, 2010 12:45 pm

She smiled and nodded. Hmmm...interesting.

"Well, her last name is Darkmane, she was Lady Rina, did drop that for him, I was told." She shrugged. "Highly doubt she was a strumpet, not the woman I know." She looked at him closely. "I do wonder if Krownar ever found out she was turned also....?" She watched him and shrugged again. "What else can I tell you?"
Rowan Fair
Rowan Fair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 12, 2010 6:07 pm

Arcadia had enough of the bickering back and forth and looked between the two. Speaking to both her voice rose in a bit of heated anger.

::I assure you Krow would not have asked her to drop anything from her name. And had he known of you or that she was turned he would have sought you out. But make no mistake whatever he felt if anything for your mother it pales in comparison of what he felt for his wife. And just because your mother had that last name does not mean that he is your father. Proof of such will be needed the next time your presence is requested. However, for now I am asking that you leave before more words are exchanged between the two of you.::

She was dismissing the woman as she needed them both to calm down. He loves his father and she seems to love her mother. It would not pay for the two of them to diminish that love by saying things that normally would not be said in other situations. She stood there and was ready to speak again if either found it necessary to go against her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Fair Wed May 12, 2010 10:47 pm

Bickering? Interesting, that was the farthest thing from her mind. She smiled and nodded.

"I am in no way dishonoring any of our parents. I fully realize names can be taken and discarded easily. I don't know that what either of you say is true as you don't know that what I've been saying is true. That is the only thing that is for sure. I have no clue what kind of proof to offer."

Then she looked at Dre. "I will go, if you want me to. I don't feel that we are bickering, just feeling each other out. But, if you agree with Arcadia, I will leave, until you are ready to talk again..."

She waited.
Rowan Fair
Rowan Fair

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Thu May 13, 2010 3:11 pm

he listened to them both and nodded.

"Mayhap it is for the best. Words can hurt worse then any blade and we do not wish to even accidentally say something ill. Tis already a touchy subject. Many here loved my father. Many respected him. So I believe it is best to stop now and think on what was said, that way we are over the shock of the situation and can sit and talk.

"If you doubt my claim, and I am not saying you do, as Krow's son. I would suggest you talk to three people. Gawain Cauthon. Airtia. And Sheena DarkArmor-Darkmane. I am sure they are around here somewhere. Arcadia has already stated that i am who I say I am, hence why I did not include her.

"I plan on checking the family records to see if there is or was a Rina Darkmane. We shall meet again soon."

With that, he took Arcadia's hand and went into his office.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next