Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Operation...Anything (Wide Open)

2 posters

Go down

Operation...Anything (Wide Open) Empty Operation...Anything (Wide Open)

Post by Derick Silverleaf Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:54 am

Was is…a marvelous mind is always thinking…..or no rest for the wicked? It was so hard to tell these days. But he would always be pondering over things, that’s for sure. Ever since deciding to leave his little cottage in the city to come here he was always thinking. Oh the subject matter would change from one minute to the next, but the wheels were always turning. So fast, in fact, that he was finding it hard to get any rest. It wasn’t too late in the evening, but his body told him he needed rest. So, he would lay down in his bed in that room that still felt cold. Not there long enough to settle into it yet. But even as he closed his eyes for what seemed like an eternity, no rest would be coming. He would toss and turn. Good for his neighbors he was on the lowest level….no one to disturb underneath. However, one can only pretend to try to sleep for so long. Sighing, body would sit up on the bed. Looking around the empty room he decided to think.

Alright. Need to give myself something to do.

Yes, he talked to himself. Again, was a sign of brilliance or madness? Jury is out on that one. However, it wouldn’t take him too long to decide what to do. He would start planning out his next day’s work. So, he would slip into a loose pair of cotton pants, wrap torso in his brilliant red shirt, buttoning it almost all the way up, and slipped on his boots. However, he wouldn’t check his appearance. To him, that stuff really didn’t matter right now. He wasn’t trying to impress anyone. So, out if his room he went. His mission….the front desk.

Now, he half way expected someone to be there. But if not, he would make do. He would be aiming at finding some information. Whether it be from someone or something. Coming down the stairs, boots thumped lightly with each step. Opening up into the main entrance, those crystal blues looked around. Let’s see how easy this was going to be.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Number of posts : 163

Back to top Go down

Operation...Anything (Wide Open) Empty Re: Operation...Anything (Wide Open)

Post by Vesta Voui Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:12 am

The thum-thum-thum of a banging bass drum along with the wahum-wahum-wahum nearly preceded the entrance of the one who entered the front door. Her multi-pastel colors hair was in tow back pig-tails and only the white ear –buds muted the beat coming from out of them. Did the girl have any hearing left with how those things were blaring? Her entrance was also marked by her playing an air guitar, but she wasn’t the only one as the squirrel on her shoulder was getting down with a squirrel head bang!

The pair were rockin’

Might not look like it, but this pair had a clue or two about what was going on in their environment and she saw the guy standing by the front desk. Now she didn’t technically work at the Inn or anything, but she stayed there and been around the block here (not that block) a time or two so she had a good head for helping out the needs. Let’s hope the torn jeans and tie-dyed rolled up T-shirt didn’t put him off. Or the music.

“Hey, hey. Looking for something?” Might be a good idea to pull the buds out of her ears, so she popped them out, the music blared out. But not for long cause as soon as those buds were hanging off her neck she reached down to the iPod clipped to her belt to turn the music down.
Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Number of posts : 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:48 pm

Derick would have just gotten to the front desk when he reliazed the whole area was completely silent. Sure, this place is known for being quiet and peaceful, but it was a bit odd that no one was around. Everytime he was here he would see some smiling face behind the desk. Truly a good thing. But that was not the case this time. Turning around a bit, making sure he didn't miss a dark corner some where those blues wondered around. That is until he heard a very faint...well...noise. And then in through the doors came this woman. Blues turned to look to her and instantly head would tilt. It certainly was an odd sight. The woman and her actions was enough, but then add in that....squirrel?

He would watch as she approched. He couldn't help but just watch. However, once she spoke it would bring him out of his stare.

Hmm....oh, yes. Um....I am looking for either...I think his name was Dre, or the forge. I was hoping I could get directed to either. I am looking to start some work at the forge, or be allowed to make my own or an off-chute.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:47 pm

She was use to being looked at. A girl didn't go around in colors or tye-dye and not expect to get a couple looks or two from a person as they went. You'd think that being in Rhy'din her way of dressing would be more blasé and nondescript but people had to find something odd! Probably wasn't her at all that was out there - it was the squirrel. I mean, how often did a person see a squirrel rocking out to a riff by an electric guitar?

Probably not often.

But now Blink - that was the squirrel's name - had grabbed one of those ear buds and cradled it like he would a nut as he jumped up atop the girl's head. He was going to continue his session even if Vesta was stopping to talk. This would be the guys lucky day! At least at this particular moment cause she knew what he was talking about! "Seriously? He's back in town? No way!" Check out the excitement on the girls face.

Bounced once and twice on the balls of her feet before she jumped back to the door. "You're talking about Dre. I know how to get there. I did a few things there before Scales shut down." Door opened and she scooted out of there with a foot, half of her staying inside. "C'mon, I'll show ya the way."
Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:24 pm

He thought himself a cut above the rest. No, it wasn't some chip on his shoulder or anything like that. Any chip that was at one time present had been broken away by any number of things. But rather, it was his history. Growing up in this world, receiving the training that he did, he came into contact with all sorts of people and creatures alike. However, never once had he seen....a squirrel.... with music....rocking out? Now that would take the proverbial cake. But then, just like that, a far fetched hope was tugged into the near future reality. Seeing her reaction to his inquisition, it seemed he struck a cord. She could help him!

I don't know if he is back, or that he was away. I just know....last time I was here, I was told he was the person to speak to about working at the forge. But that was all I knew.

As she was walking out, or at least half of her was, he watched. Those crystals going back to that squirrel on top of her head. A quick smirk coming to lips as he looked on. But then, he was feeling his form starting to move to follow her. Finally, he was closer to becoming stable in this place. Not waiting around for anything to come around, not siting in his room with nothing to do. Tot wandering aimlessly.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate the help.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:00 pm

"No worries man, it'll be good to get back there.!"

And it would! The enthusiasm she had when he told her that he was looking for that place didn't falter any now that he was following. "You ever work with a Dracon before?" Vesta asked once they were outside. He'd have to excuse Blink. She could still hear the music playing on top of her head, the other bud she took in hand and put it down the front of her shirt as she held the collar out. Normally she would have let it continue to hang around her neck, but she was talking to this guy here and she could at least try to muffle the sound more and not be rude.  Hell, she even thought of turning it down but the squirrel seemed to know what she was thinking becasue he swished his tail down by her face when her hand started to go to her side. 

So instead she lifted her hand and a finger pointed up to her tiny companion as she continued down the road. "That's Blink. My little buddy. He doesn't verbally talk," an important fact since this was Rhy'din and a person never knew what could and couldn't talk. "He and I did a stint at the forge before it closed. Fires of Hades I think it's called. Girls gotta earn a living somehow, right?" To look at her, Vesta wasn't a scrawny thing of a girl she was about average, did look like she did cardio or something. A bit of tone was there on what was to be seen! 

"Are you comfortable working in the buff?" It really was a serious question. "Dreconis' forge is like way hot, he's practically bare while he works except for a cloth around his waist, but that's what makes him awesome." Did she just say that Dre was awesome because he was practically nude? She sure did. "On top of that he does some awesome work. So you're a Smithy too?"

She still knew the way! Look at that, not too much further and they'd see what looked like an establishment at hill top. 
Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Derick Silverleaf Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:31 am

And they were off! Taking up quick steps to catch up to her, he would then bring form to match her pace. But hopefully that eagerness within her wouldn't make her wanna go to fast, he would feel bad if that squirrel had a slight tumble off her head. That squirrel would be getting a few more looks from those blues as they walked. Still very curious. That is when he was not paying close attention to their walking path.

I can't say that I have. But....does a tone deaf dwarf with an overbite count?

He couldn't help but chuckle just a bit. Which, if she knew him, would be a rare sound. His thoughts would go back to his days at the forge. The one that he left recently that is. Thinking about his customers. The shop's help, that kid that could always make him laugh with the simplest of questions. And then Killian himself. Those memories filled his mind to the point where he was walking on autopilot. That is until she brought to air those off the cuff questions. Snapping to reality, he would look to her, brow raising in question.

Excuse me? I....well....umm....I've never really....had an occasion to. Umm...I think I should be okay. I mean, I am used to working near the furnace and such. But umm...yes, I am. Been working in blacksmith shops since I was a kid. I was always taught if you gunna know how to use stuff, you gotta know the work that goes into it.

Just the thought of himself working in such garments would almost make him shutter. Just thinking about a stray piece of molten metal flying up and landing on bare skin. that would just...hurt! Lifting head from the view of her to the upcoming structure, he would take note. Hmm.....seemed easy.
Derick Silverleaf
Derick Silverleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:53 pm

The tone deaf dwarf comment was worth a laugh, wonder if he got to be that way from the constant ringing of the hammers in the forge. Possibly? She remembers the banging and the sweating and the aching muscles - which is why she went equipped with her tunes - so the very same could be true for that poor Dwarf.

Girl started to put her hands behind her head in one of her signature relaxed moves until Blink swatted at her hand. Position of her hand was getting in the way of the rocking squirrel and if he had to travel to the 'lair of the beast' and be looked at as food again then he was going to rock out while he could. "Haven't met a dwarf but hearsay says they're short little guys with beards," said as they continued up the path. "But Dreconis is anything but small and in more ways than one if you catch." Leaning into him with her hand cupped around her mouth as though she were telling a secret.

She didn't mean to take him by surprise with her statement about working nude - more or less - but it happens. It was a rather forward question. Maybe it was cause they didn't know each other yet. That same hand that cupped her mouth came down and was extended to him. "So I don't know you're name yet and if we're going to be working close together and sweating without a lot of clothes between us it's best to get the name thing out the way."

That made a lot of sense right? Can't get all hot and sweaty with a guy and not know their name. "I'm Vesta." Looking at him she winked and then nodded in front of them.

"And this, is the Fires of Hades." Because they were there. Two introductions at once, how about that.
Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down