Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

A Return From A Long Journey

2 posters

Go down

A Return From A Long Journey Empty A Return From A Long Journey

Post by Raphael Valentae Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:22 pm

It had been so very long since the elf had seen those people he considered friends, and even family. Family business carried him fast and far, six months ago, to a place few had heard of, and even fewer had been to. His family home, on the island of Lenrath. Kashell, Raphael's younger brother had taken very ill, and needed all the supprt that could be offered. Sadly, but so very truly, Kashell had succumbed to the virus that ate away at the younger elf's lifeforce. Not long before, Raphael had been relieved of a certain illness of his own, sealing his own fate as a mortal. It was about time he reentered society, and at least had a nice cup of tea. With nowhere else to go-having burned down his home after Kashell's death-Raphael found himself wandering the lands once again. A smile graced thin, pink lips as the elf gazed upon the establishment in front of him. Long locks of midnight black hair billowed out behind as a soft wind blew. How had he heard of this place? Had anyone ever told him of it before? Most likely he had heard of its location from a whisper on the wind, either way, he found himself standing, forest green hues gazing upon the building. Such a sad fate, the Alliance had seen. Most of its members deserting to other areas, or dissapearing altogether. What a tragedy it was, the Alliance's closing. Would he ever find his children? Most likely he wouldnt, but there could be nothing that would ever stop him from trying.

"I suppose I should go inside, eh, Kashell?"

Was said as the elf's right hand raised, holding in it a simple wooden pipe, filled with a sweet smelling lilac herb. The pipe was raised further, to the same smiling, pink lips. A deep inhale of the herb was taken into his lungs, and exhaled slowly, as the elf made the last few steps up the stairs onto the porch toward the main doors. No footfalls would be heard as each step was taken. Elves. Silent creatures as they were. Slowly, with a slight creak, the door would swing open, allowing his entrance. No movement was made to open said door. It just happened. Blame magic. Golden tinted lids came to a close as the elf blinked once, before taking the last step, into the Inn. What would be seen of Raphael was simple clothing, accompanied by not so simple weaponry. Weapons of war? Hardly. Just some trinkets, brought from home. Clothing his upper body would be a jet black, silk tunic, paired with a crimson, silk sash, tied losely about his waist. Hanging at his right and left side were matching ebon handled kukri. In each hilt was inlaid a rather large pearl, polished to a gleam. Strapped to his back, with another sash of matching make would be a dual bladed sword, with a handle of ivory. About his lower body would be leggings that matched the tunic in make, exactly. About his feet were worn crimson, leather boots, that showed no sign of travel. The kukri had belonged to someone his brother once knew, and were the only thing he had left, other than memories, to remember his brother. The younger elf's spirit would always be in Raphael's heart, but sometimes a man needed some reassurance. The hand holding his pipe lowered to his side, allowing the pipe to fall into a blended pocket on his form. Oh no! The embers. No fear, the pipe was inlaid with his own magic. Appearences were not always as they seemed, apparently. Who would be here? Anyone he knew? He would surely hope so, as this was his whole reason for coming to this place. Forest hues gazed around the interior of the building, searching.
Raphael Valentae
Raphael Valentae

Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

A Return From A Long Journey Empty Re: A Return From A Long Journey

Post by Epiphany Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:16 pm

Epiphany had just finished making a call to her group of contractors. Seemed like renovations were in order at the Inn and, her guys were always anxious for the work. Besides, Epiphany always had odd jobs for them to do.

Coming back around to the desk, head tipped down as she scribbled a note or two more on the paper, she saw someone at the desk. However, unlike times past, this was a person she actually knew. "Raph?" She hadn't seen him in a very long time and now he was here. Well... Angel was here, so why not him?

"Hey, how are you? Did you come to find Angel?" Had to ask. She was curious.

Epiphany
Epiphany

Number of posts : 615

http://www.bebo.com/iastepiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Raphael Valentae Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:38 pm

Aha! Someone Raphael knew! It was about time. He had already seen Lucas, and had touched with Angel. Now someone else to add to his welcome home greetings. It was Epiphany. He hadnt seen her in a while, even before he had left the Alliance and the area all together. The smile on those thin lips grew slightly wider as forest hues looked over the females form, then into her eyes. A slight twinkle entered those same forest hues as the name 'Angel' was mentioned. Ah his beloved betrothed. A slight nod as he made his way to where the woman was.

"As a matter of fact, lady Epiphany, I am. I had no idea that she might be here though. She had not mentioned it. How have you been? It has been a long time."

Said as the elf extended a slender, but toned right arm, offering the hand in greeting. Epiphany always knew just what to say. Was she reading his mind? As the hand was offered, Raphael looked about the room, were there others present? He had missed them, if so, finally seeing a familiar face.

Last edited by Raphael Valentae on Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raphael Valentae
Raphael Valentae

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:56 am

With all the things going on in the Inn, it was good to see a friendly face. Poor Raph, he didn't know what he was getting into by being here. Lots of strange things going on. As for where everyone else was, well, many places. He was sure to come across others if he wandered about.

Epiphany reached out and shook his hand. "I have been all right. Sometimes you need to get away from things to understand yourself." He would be able to understand that right? Then taking her hand back. "Travel has been good to you. At least you don't look worst for wear and yes, Angel is here. She's in the basement visiting old friends. When she saw who was here she had to go and say 'hello'."

Epiphany
Epiphany

Number of posts : 615

http://www.bebo.com/iastepiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Raphael Valentae Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:43 pm

As his hand was accepted he squeezed firmly, but not harshly. Another slight glitter in those forest green hues as the females name was mentioned again. Oh how he had missed her these past few months. Releasing Epiphany's hand, he looked about once more. He sure didnt know what he was getting himself into, but would it even matter. There was a feeling within, that no matter what, he would end up leaving rather quickly. There were other places that needed his presence. Others whom the elf had missed. A soft sigh, as the elf made his reply.

"Aye. Sometimes it is all one needs. Fresh faces, and new places. Thank you for your kindness, Epiphany. You, somehow, always know what to say. Travel was rough, though I would not let it get the best of me. I have chosen to use the legs that the gods gave me, rather than 'poofing' around as usual. It will be nice to see Angel. I have missed her much. Being as I do not know this place very well, I suppose I should wait here, until she returns."

All said with a smile, as he looked back to the female. Thoughts were being formed as to what his next move would be, but for now, all he wished was to see his guardian Angel.
Raphael Valentae
Raphael Valentae

Back to top Go down

Post by Raphael Valentae Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:37 pm

Well... The elf had been here for a few hours now, and still no sight of Angel. It felt like weeks since he had arived, but it remained only a short few hours. What was he to do? Should he wait on her, or just move along, allowing her the time she obviously needed to catch up with old friends, and get some much deserved rest? It wouldnt be an easy decision, but in his mind, he knew he should just move along, and let her have some peace for now. After all... They would be spending the rest of their lives together. The wedding, still unplanned, and undated, would still go on, but for now, Raphael was content to let her be with her friends. Moving his right arm level with the counter, he would wave his hand over the surface, and in its wake appeared a small piece of papyrus parchment, a quill, and a vial of ink. Picking up the quill with a sigh, he started to write...

Several minutes later he finished with a smile. with a snap, the quill and vial disappeared, and forest hues looked over his penmanship once more. There would be no flaws, but still, it never hurt to check. Slender fingers lifted the letter and folded it in half, then pressing the tip of his right index finger to the edge, it was sealed. Only the person meant to receive the letter would be able to break the magical seal. She would know it was for her... Hopefully she would actually receive it. With a last thought another snap of slender fingers and his quill was back. On the topmost part of the outside of the papyrus, 'To - My Guardian Angel. From - Raphael.' was written in flowing script. His left hand moved to a hidden pocket and out came a gold piece. The piece was laid upon the top of the paper, for whomever would deliver the letter. Hopefully the staff was smart enough to realize it wasn't trash. With a last effort Raphael reached out to Angel with his mind. She would inhale the sweet scent of pine needles as his voice entered the surface thoughts of her mind.

"Well, my love... I came to find you, but it seems you have other obligations... You will always have my love... Until we meet again."

With that the elf took another look around, just to take in the place and its patrons. A slight nod was made in approval, just before the elf vanished in a cloud of familiar green smoke.
Raphael Valentae
Raphael Valentae

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down