Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Preparations for a journey [Closed]

2 posters

Go down

Preparations for a journey [Closed] Empty Preparations for a journey [Closed]

Post by Xavier Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:09 am

Xavier had been planning this trip for a few weeks now, but it seemed that many things stood in his way. He was not upset or even vaguely disappointed by this, since the distraction came in the form of a very special woman that he had already fallen for. He would, of course, be stopping by her house before he left to extend an invitation to accompany him, but since she had work, he knew that he may be turned down. Regardless, this was something he had to do for the sake of his ji'e'toh. His near-brother had been great about everything, even learning to write so that he could send messages. The last such message had been a little troubling....there had been a little trouble with Trollocs harrying the border of his territory. The Stone Dogs sept did not take kindly to anyone encroaching on their territory, much less when the ones doing the encroaching were Shadowspawn.

He smiled, knowing he worried over nothing. Jalin didn't need anyone to back him up most of the time, especially when it came to Shadowspawn. He had come back to his room to find most of his things tidily packed into a corner. Madeline. He chuckled, knowing that since she had regrown....grown back up...hell, he couldn't keep track! Anyway, since her change, she would most likely want privacy, and he would give it to her. Besides, he had a few propositions for Titania that may alleviate his need for a room at the inn anyway. He had all he needed stowed in a duffel bag, so he was almost ready. Two trips remained, one short one to his twin's room and one to Titania's place.

After he had left a note, written in fine calligraphy, for Ryan, he headed for the door. Instead of changing forms, he seized Saidin, weaving something his father had taught him two days ago: a Gateway. Truly, he had no idea how he had gotten along without this particular gift. Gateways could open the entire world up for one who was limited to mundane forms of travel, such as walking, running, or horseback travel. The Gateway snapped open, and he stepped through, arriving a few steps from Titania's doorstep. After thinking about it for a few moments, he opened the door, walked inside, and began looking for her.
Xavier
Xavier

Number of posts : 212

Back to top Go down

Preparations for a journey [Closed] Empty Re: Preparations for a journey [Closed]

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:01 pm

Good thing that Xavier picked a time when the door was not locked. Honestly she should lock the door more, but she didn't, she always felt safe in this house. She had just gotten back from the grocery store, she had a wicked craving for potato chips and ranch dip. So that's what she had gotten, along with some other basic staples of food, and drink. A glance up when Xavier walked in, as after the shoe room he would be in the kitchen. A smile slipped over her features. "Hey you." Bag was left on the counter, she did use the new trendy re-useable bags, the one she had been unloading was purple, with tie dye design on one side.

Steps were taken over to him, arms wrapped around him in a welcoming hug. "I didn't know you were coming over today." She wasn't complaining just making a comment.
-:|[ Titania ]|:-

Number of posts : 336

Back to top Go down

Preparations for a journey [Closed] Empty Re: Preparations for a journey [Closed]

Post by Xavier Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:15 am

"Hey yourself, sweets. Good day?" He smiled, returning her hug with a quick little squeeze to her backside and a kiss to her cheek. "Glad you're here. Remember me telling you that I had a trip to make? I got another letter from Jalin...he's the Aiel that I told you about. He was saying that the Shadowspawn were tossing themselves at his clan's borders, and they were having a rough time of things. He didn't ask for help...Light, I don't think an Aiel warrior would ask for help if the Dark One himself were breathing down their neck...but it sounded grim."

He sighed, and pressed on. "I want you to come with me, of course, and the invitation still stands. Especially since Jalin said he wanted to meet "the woman that tamed the wolfbrother". He has a wicked sense of humor, that guy. Anyway, we can be there rather quickly, since Father taught me something I've been dying to learn since I found out I could Channel. Want to see? It, ah, isn't something I've hidden from you, I promise. I just learned how to do this a few days ago, and, well, I'm sort of proud of it." He grinned like a kid with a new toy, and waited for her response. He would, of course, wait for her if she decided to come. After all, he wanted her to be with him, and if she could get off of work, it would be win-win.
Xavier
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:00 pm

She thought about that, was it a good day? Had it been a good day. "It's always a good day when I get to see you." Sappy yes, but that was her at the moment, and so she made sure that he knew. She nodded her head about the trip, she remembered but he never did tell her when it was going to have to happen, so she listened quietly. "What is a Shadowspawn?" Curiousity she had it.

"If it's dangerous and you want me to go with you? Are you trying to tell me something?" He said he was going cause of the danger, and then he said he wanted her to go, she was wondering if he was trying to kill her. I love you now meet your death, Rawr! "Wouldn't it be better for me to meet him another time?" A small pause, "And I can't leave I have to work tomorrow." With no notice she couldn't take even a week off, and now everyone had requested time off. She frowned at that, if only....but he hadn't. "But I do want to see what you can do, Xavier." She did really want to see what he could do. It wasn't just lip service, and she moved her hand to his to give it a small squeeze. A look up towards him from under lowered lashes. "How long are you going for?" He never said that either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:49 am

Tilting his head, Xavier gave Titania a confused look. "Er, the bad guys. They're creatures made by the Dark One's right hand, the Forsaken...they're worse bad guys, and the Dark One is, well, I suppose the only thing you have here as far as stories is Satan. Funny enough, one of the names he is known by is Shai'tan. Anyway, the conducted horrible experiments, fusing human beings with animals, and infusing them with the Dark One's own power. This gave birth to Trollocs, as well as Fades, Gho'lams, and Draghkar. They're all as creepy as Hell itself, but they die easy enough. Well, the Fades take from the time you kill them to sunset to completely die, but hey, dead is dead."

He realized he had gotten off-track, so he summarized. "In as few words as possible, they're bad. They, ah, eat humans. Pretty sure they'd chip a tooth on me, but I don't intend to test that theory. Anyway, they have a bad habit of attacking where they think the line is weakest and advancing until they're dead. As in, all of them. But hey, I wouldn't put you into danger if I didn't know I would be able to keep you safe." He paused, looking thoughtful. "You do know that, right?"

After a few moments, he continued. "I was planning on leaving as soon as possible, but I could wait if you still wish to go. Otherwise, I suppose I'll see you when I get back. I shouldn't be gone much longer than a week or two...Jalin has already, as of the last letter I recieved, called me a Light-blinded fool for thinking he would ask that I put on the white of Gai'shain....er, that translates roughly into 'Sworn to peace in battle'. For a warrior society like the Aiel, that's the worst punishment you can give 'em. But yeah...as long as you're sure. Oh, the ah, thing. Right."

The grasping of Saidin came much easier to him now, as if he had been born doing it. He stepped back a few paces, peered at her, then stepped back a few more. Couldn't be too careful. Performing the weaves as his father had instructed him, although a few inches off of the floor...he didn't want to have to explain to her exactly where about three feet of her flooring had gone...he wove everything together. A silver line hung in the air for a instant, spun, and became a hole. Yes, in the empty air. He smiled. "Leave anything at work? Oh, never mind. We need....coffee. And a bagel or two." He stepped through, and was gone.

A few moments later, he stepped back out, glancing at the Gateway and allowing it to close. He carried a bag with the logo of her store and two steaming cups of...well, her's was coffee. He had settled on hot chocolate. He didn't need to be hyper where he was headed...losing your head was quite literal there. "You take sugar? Cream?" Upon closer inspection of the bag, she would find three bagels, two blueberry and one cranberry. She might be able to talk him out of the cranberry bagel. Might.
Xavier
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:00 pm

The way he spoke, it did come across that they were not very good people, so she got that they were bad guys. But so many different types of bad guys that when one got a new name that they had not heard of, it made one curious. "So they are like Satan Spawns attacking your friend?" And those among his friend, she figured he would understand that was what she meant, she knew from his words they were attacking more then just his friend.

"So they eat humans?" She wrinkled her nose, "That is not very nice of them!" She did not think that it was very nice of them. She gave him a small smile. "I am sure you would not take me somewhere that you did not think you couldn't protect me, but what if something happened?" There was always that chance, and she did not think he was going to try to kill her, unless he wanted to chose a new mate. Had he grown bored of her, he did say that he mated for life.

She looked to him. "I think you should go to your friend Xavier, the sooner the better. If he's fighting with those evil creatures, you need to be there for him. Once things have settled and we don't have to worry about constantly being attacked, I think we should go for a visit for a week?" She thought with his traveling capabilities that the traveling would not take as much time as if they had to travel manually. She did not think she could leave her job for two weeks, she did not like the idea of taking a full week, but she was trying to compromise with him. A soft pause, "I would feel like I was in the way. If I am there your going to be concentrating on keeping me safe, along with your friend, and yourself. What if something happened because of me and you got distracted at the wrong time?" She let out a sigh, because she did not like the thought of that at all, she did not want to be the reason he got injured or worse!

Chocolate gaze watched as he stepped back, and then she blinked at the hole in the room, watching him step inside of it, her first thought was he was swallowed by a black hole. But then not to long he was stepping back out into the room. She smiled to him. "That should make it rather quick to visit your friend. And help him out." She did not think that he should waste any time, because the man was his friend, and probably had his hands full. Did that mean she wanted to get rid of Xavier? No. It meant that she knew the man was important to Xavier and she did not want to hold him up any longer then she should. How bad would Xavier feel if something happened to his friend, because he was waiting to go, on her not being able to get off of work? Once he was flat in the room again, she walked over to him, taking the cup from him, a smile upon her lips. "Thank you X." She had shortened his name. "Usually both, sometimes neither." She did change up her coffee. But she set the coffee cup to the side on the counter in the kitchen. Taking the bag he had out, she set that on the kitchen counter as well. So all that he had left was the cup of hot chocolate. Careful she was she moved her arm under his, and placed herself on his other side, hugging him. She closed her eyes a moment before looking up to him, a small smile. "You better take care of yourself Xavier."

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:22 am

Xavier's arm slipped around Titania as he sat the cup down. "The good thing is that I already know they're quite a bit on the other side of not nice, so that simples things right up. The instructions were given to me when I first got to the Waste like this. Here is a spear. The pointy end goes away from you and into the Trollocs. Repeatedly if possible. Repeat as needed. Oh, and don't do something f-cking stupid like getting killed." He chuckled, then looked at her. "Er...pardon my language, of course. That's what the chief told me verbatim, though."

After her hug was returned, he gave her a pinch as sat down. Where? There had to be a chair there somewhere, and that is where he sat. After he had flopped, he grabbed the cranberry bagel and started munching. "Sho, I'll be gone a week or sho, you'll mish me terribly and go off your chow, poshibly wear a black veil, and be like completely all over me when I get back." Gulp. Table manners are for pretentious cheese-eaters. "I, of course, will be all sexy and toned, with this awesome dark tan from being in the sun fighting the whole time, and you won't be able to keep your hands off of me. Did I mention my taut and rounded buttocks?"

After he had stopped chuckling, he bent to kiss her, then stepped back. "I'd say to wish me luck, but I don't need it. I do, however, need my sword...and don't worry, okay? Just take care of yourself. Don't go opening the door to strangers or taking candy from them. Or anything else, for that matter." He still had that smirk on his face, so yes, he was probably joking. With no sign that he was really doing anything but looking at her, a Gateway formed behind him, and he winked. "Love ya, boo-boo kitty." His voice seemed to linger after he had stepped back and through the portal.
Xavier
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:48 pm

She would listen as he spoke. It was a good thing that he knew about the satan spawn he was going to fight. She would give a nod of her head, oddly she wasn't hearing people swear, they usually used more creative words. In the past when she was growing up, it was different, the swear words went around crazy. So she wouldn't be to shocked.

Now that was a turn off! Eating with your mouth open so you could speak. She did not want to see what was in his mouth, so when he talked she wasn't looking at him. She did make out every word he said though. She had learnt that from her brothers. "You think you will be able to come back in about a week?" Not that she wanted him gone for a long time, but a week seemed rather quick for what he said he was goin goff to battle. Then she had to laugh, "I guess we shall have to see how you look when you come back." A impish little grin.

A kiss back to him, as he spoke, she laughed. "Oh but I thought the candy from Strangers was the best candy." A playful grin, as he stepped back into the portal before he escaped.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down