Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Coffee . . . With Dissatisfaction Attached [Open]

3 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Coffee . . . With Dissatisfaction Attached [Open] Empty Coffee . . . With Dissatisfaction Attached [Open]

Post by Damon Fauci Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:10 pm

[While this first post takes care of SL business, this thread is open to go in other directions.]

"Per quanto tempo?"
"Indeterminato."

The pair looked no different from any others who collected at this, one of far too many Rhy'din Starbucks. Among the throng of men and women in business attire who sat at tables which housed their open briefcases, palm electronics or laptops, the tailored dress of the two well-groomed young men who spoke quietly in Italian suited the scene without either being dressed so literally in a suit. They were different only in their choice of language, and that upon there table there were no electronics, nor any papers. Only a fedora which belonged to the elder of the two men, and two espressos which were nearly untouched.

At least the staff was famously attentive to the incoming and outgoing customers of the merchant district, so establishment was fortunate enough not to have a long line today as it had in the past.

"Indeterminato," the one man echoed his companion. Though his tone did not display dissatisfaction, the manner in which he reclined back in his seat could provide such a hint. The pause was minimal as he considered the information, a narrow to his ink black eyes. His next question his companion perhaps expected. "Per quale scopo?"

"Essi non dire."

It was an answer the raven-haired man would not accept. First, a shake of his head. Then, he leaned forward once more, one finger tapping the table to emphasize his smooth, silken reply, "Nell'ambito della loro alcune parole o atti non c'e qualche suggerimento - "

"Scusate." This companion was one of the few who dared cut the raven-haired man short of completing a sentence. It was clearly done with a display of one hand, with an air that was antiquated. "Pero non." Now the companion presented his palms in an apologetic shrug, before folding his hands on the table. "Sospettano che parliamo, mio amico." When the companion said this, both men grinned. Between them, a short laugh was shared. It was the first moment that matched the age of their youthful appearance since they'd sat down.

"Con buona ragione," agreed the dissatisfied one with a wolfish curl of the corners of his mouth. Already the gears of his thoughts were turning. Brief as this meeting was with his old friend, it had told him much. It is a solid truth that within words or deeds there are always clues. The trick was now to find the right set of eyes. One who the Three would not suspect to confide any observations to him. One who could recall everything they saw, even if they did not realize the importance of what they were seeing. Who that One was, that he did not yet know.

"Buon viaggio, Dominic." Said as he stood, and shook his compatriot's hand. Grasping it in both of his. A gesture which displayed the deep friendship between them, centuries old. After Dominic returned the parting words, a silence and stillness was shared between the two men. Volumes spoken in their steady gaze. They walked a fine line. This was something both of them knew. To stand against the Three, even with flawless, subversive caution, it was dangerous.

With a nod to his closest friend, Dominic donned his fedora and departed. This left Damon at the table with only his thoughts and two barely touched espressos. "Gran disgraziato," he muttered at the cup nearest to him, pushing it across the table. This was a Starbucks, home to mass produced coffees. To an Italian, the liquid in each cup was a single step above hot tar. Not even worth indulging for the sake of keeping up appearances, Damon let each cup turn cold.

And turned his attention to his thoughts.

- - - OOC - - -
What they say doesn't matter. Body language, tone and friendship are the focus. However, if you want to know:

"For how long?"
"Indefinitely."
"Indefinitely. For what purpose?"
"They do not say."
"Within their few words or deeds there is some hint - "
"Pardon. But no. They suspect we speak, my friend."
"With good reason,"
"Safe trip, Dominic."
Damon Fauci
Damon Fauci

Number of posts : 124

Back to top Go down

Coffee . . . With Dissatisfaction Attached [Open] Empty Re: Coffee . . . With Dissatisfaction Attached [Open]

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:19 pm

“That will be 5.78 please.” A smile was flashed to the woman as she opened her wallet, pulling out a five and a one dollar bill, and passed them over to her. Taking the money she would press the correct buttons on the register. The drawer would pop open with a little ping, the receipt printing, counting out the correct change. Putting the money in the drawer and taking the change out, “22 cents is your change, have a great day!” Once the lady took her grande mocha latte and turned her back, she turned to the man next to her. “All yours.” He just looked at her, “Lucky me.“ Grinning she tapped a few keys on the register, before stepping away and going to the backroom to punch out and get her things.

Once she reached the backroom she clocked out then went over to the locker that was supplied for her. Taking off her apron, giving it a quick look, she would place that on the hook in the locker, before grabbing her gym bag. Making sure she closed her locker door and locked it, she learnt the hard way that aprons and other items liked to grow legs and walk out of her locker if she didn’t. Taking her bag she went into the employee bathroom, only to reappear in a street clothes. Angel brand jeans clung to her lower half, the top half was in a cerulean cashmere sweater, with a boat neck, one creamy bare shoulder showing. A sterling silver necklace with twisted ropes hung around her neck, stopping at the top of the shirt. The bright pink of her bra strap in plain view. A well worn black leather jacket was folded over her left arm. Pink stripped Nikes upon her feet.

Walking to the doors, she looked out the window, not spotting her ride, she turned around to look back around inside the building. It was just like her brother not to show up when he said he would. Why did she bother letting him borrow her car when he couldn’t even make it to pick her up. Deciding she would give him five minutes, if he wasn’t here in five minutes, he was going to have some explaining to do. Using her right hand she would undo the hair clip, letting her hair fall loose against her, now that she was off the job.

It would be then that her attention was caught. Hooked like a fish. The one man was leaving and the other was pushing his cup of coffee away. She carefully passed the man that was leaving, before stopping at the table of the other man. Sure she had already clocked out, but she had been working and if something was wrong with the drinks, she wanted to know. “Hello and pardon me sir, but was there something wrong with your drinks today?” Why did she even care? This was only a job until she could get some steady work doing what she really wanted to do with her life.
-:|[ Titania ]|:-

Number of posts : 336

Back to top Go down

Coffee . . . With Dissatisfaction Attached [Open] Empty Re: Coffee . . . With Dissatisfaction Attached [Open]

Post by Damon Fauci Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:00 am

The man that was leaving, he did not even give the girl a glance. Dominic's path out of the establishment was direct, and expedient. As for the one that remained, Damon's eyes were fixed on a festive holiday display encouraging customers to purchase a winter coffee blend. Obviously it wasn't the product that interested the vampire. On the contrary, he looked was a means to an end, a simple point of focus for his eyes as his thoughts turned inward. On such occasions, his preternatural senses continued to process what happened around him, but only as a matter of course. The various scents of the patrons, the number of heartbeats, the chatter. . . these scraps were noted and discarded in favor of what was on his mind.

Until the girl spoke. Then, everything changed. As his raven black eyes set upon Titania, her heartbeat was more prominent to his ears than any other in the establishment. Despite the hodge podge of scents from creatures both human and otherwise blended with the pungent smell of coffee, this young woman's scent was now the strongest to hit his nose. And while the murmur of other voices and the musac of the establishment did not cease, her voice rang upon his ears clearer than any other. All because he wanted it that way. With Damon, the execution of will was that simple.

"What marvelous service. It's not often that I am waited on by an employee who's no longer on duty." His voice was smooth, calming, with no hint of an accent that could be connected to the fact that he was speaking Italian a moment ago. As he made that observation, his eyes traveled pointedly over her garb - his silent way of indicating to her how he knew that she was no longer on the clock. Once made, Damon's eyes returned to her own. If she met his gaze, she was an unknowingly brave young woman. For his eyes were some of the darkest traps one could encounter, seeming bottomless, endless. And yet, once ensnared in his gaze one would notice a faint glint, as if there was light at the end of those two dark tunnels if one looked deeply enough. A powerful illusion, part of the thrall, and for those who were not protected from such things it was devilishly hard to look away.

Unless he looked away first. Which he did not, not yet. Each inky black eye remained fixed upon her as he reclined back in his chair, folding his hands over his abdomen. A position of relaxation, suggesting he was anything other than a predator. "The coffee served its purpose, a means to an end. The greater concern of myself and my cohort was our conversation, not what we consumed between words." The corner of his lip curled upward, as he knew full well what his diplomatic reply inferred: they had purchased the coffee to simply use the location.
Damon Fauci
Damon Fauci

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:57 pm

One might be surprised at how well those displays did. She had to refill it three times during her shift. Per company guidelines the displays had to be full at all times, more pleasing to the eye. As she had no knowledge of the man, her heart did not race, it stayed beating it’s steady drum. That could be a good or a bad thing only time would be able to tell.

Her chocolate orbs did meet and hold on his own dark pools, for she did not know he was a beast. Nor that it was best not to look such a beast in the eyes. Her head nodded at his words, for it was true usually once someone clocked out that was it, but not today. “My ride is late, thought to make myself useful.” Grinning as she spoke the next words, “I’d rather be a bit social then get sucked behind the counter again.” It wasn’t that she hated her job, she needed her job to pay the bills, and it was a stepping stone for her. People got discovered in all sorts of places, and she was hoping her discovery would come at Starbucks!

To her, the man was nothing more then an ordinary man, whom happened to come into this very Starbucks. The reason she came over was as said, the cup’s were barely if even touched, and she wanted to make sure everything was okay. Shifting her weight from her right to her left foot, fingers playing with the strap of her gym bag, though eye contact remained. “Not a fan of the coffee?” An almost impish grin formed, “The coffee doesn’t do it for me either. More a fan of the wi-fi connection and the donuts.” Yes, she was bright enough to realize he basically told her that it was a meeting place. But as she couldn’t quite look away, she was giving more conversation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon Fauci Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:27 pm

He was a man of opportunity. This woman who lacked a ride, with that slip of precious information she most certainly presented herself to the vampire as a delectable opportunity. Were this location a place he planned on returning to, he wouldn't consider her a potential meal as it would be a conflict of interest that would only complicate his business. But this coffee shop, it was selected by him to meet with Dominic because it was of no true use to him. A location the Three nor anyone else would ever expect to find him. A precaution.

"Well we wouldn't want you to get sucked. Behind the counter again." The pause he'd placed within her sentence was barely noticeable, more to indulge his own sense of humor and irony than anything. "Though you do have me curious, bella. If I told you that I found this coffee unsatisfactory, what exactly would you do?" Especially if she had no desire to return behind the counter. His brow lifted faintly as he posed the question.

"And," he added smoothly before she could provide him an answer to his first question, "should your ride arrive before you can do what you seek to do, where would that leave us then?" He let his raven black eyes linger on her long enough for the corners of his lips to curl slightly upward in a fashion that was both bemused and calculating. Then, quite naturally, he blinked and glanced briefly towards the front door. As if he was checking for that ride he'd just inquired about. His true purpose was slightly different, however. She'd be free to look elsewhere as he broke their gaze. For now.

After all, he didn't want her to think there was anything amiss. At least not yet.
Damon Fauci
Damon Fauci

Back to top Go down

Post by Mael Feu Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:55 pm

"You're f-cking full of sh-t, you know that?"

Mael was talking with his phone to his ear to whoever was on the other end as he drummed his other fingers on the side table. He wasn't to found of people who tried to lie to him and make excuses to cover up their mistakes. If you didn't do your work, something got away from you, or what not then grow a pair and say it.

"Get your act together or get off my team." He hated working in teams and then only tolerated them when he was the lead. To many stupid people who always asked too Many questions or moral complications involved that many things were overlooked. Not like the days when he started in this work. Back then they'd take care of a person and be on their way without giving the matter a second thought. Its just business.

He didn’t quiet care that he was speaking where people could hear and understand him – it was a coffee shop and all around him people were holding conversations of one sort. His was just another conversation and he was another person with a cup of java. And seeking out information.

Whether or not the person on the other end of the was speaking or not the button was pushed on the phone to hang up on the conversation.

“That goes for you too."

He wasn't alone at the table, a young looking guy with shaggy black hair sat in the chair on the other side of that small table. He looked a bit tense and kept pinching the corner of the folder in his lap.

"Hurry on about it now and make sure you leave a few at the counter." Mael said to the man before picking up his java and drinking. The other man got up from his chair and went up to the counter where he asked the shift manager about leaving a few papers for the customers to see.

They were the average 'Have You Seen Me?' flyers that were often seen on signs or store walls. That's even what it said and included on the flyer was an artist sketch of the girl he snapped a picture of the other day and a contact number. After the flyer was left at the counter the man began passing them out to the other people at the shop, handing it to them after a brief 'hello'.

He even placed a pair of flyers at the table of Damon and Titania.

Mael Feu
Mael Feu

Number of posts : 85

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:24 pm

Nodding when he spoke she did. “Once you get stuck back there it’s hard to get your freedom back.” A small laugh, she did not pick anything up on the way he said her words. Her mouth would open as if she was going to speak but he was already speaking again. Part of her wanted to talk over him, so she could answer the first question. Thankfully that did not happen for she was still in customer service mode. That mode saved her from opening her mouth in a lot of inopportune times. A shift of weight back to the way it was before.

His gaze still held hers captive so there was no darting to or fro or even towards the window for her ride. They remained upon the man before her. Maybe he was just that memorizing. “Well, if there was a problem with the coffee, I might of chanced going back behind the counter. Or I could of gotten you a refund of your money.” A pause in her words, “Or we have these new punch cards, for the holidays, I could get you one with a few punches already. They are for our VIP customers.” A breath was taken. “My ride is making me wait, so my ride would just have to wait, till things were made right.”

It would be then that his eye contact was broken with her. She followed his gaze out the window, “He is still not there.” A shake of her head, “I swear I am not going to let him use the car anymore. Brothers.” Whatever else she was going to say was lost because there was a man setting a Have You Seen Me flyer down on the table.

The way that the flyers were set, one faced her. Chocolates looking at the face staring up at her. Not thinking she had seen the girl before, but you never knew. Taking the paper she would fold it in half, then in quarters before stuffing one in her back pocket. “Just in case.” She spoke to the air, though she had not left the table yet.

Then she glanced over at the other man that had been with the one passing out the flyers. She noticed that his drink was not still full, and her gaze went back to the man she was speaking with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon Fauci Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:09 pm

"Yes. Brothers." Echoed by Damon with a smile that was both charming and cunning in the same instant. He turned in his chair, so that he could face this pretty opportunity better. Though he didn't look her in the eyes again, for there came to the table a distraction in the shape of a simple piece of paper. "I wouldn't wish, bella, to see more of your freedom wasted with waiting because of his inconsideration." The nonchalant, silken comment was made as his raven black eyes dropped to the flier in front of him.

Immediately Damon rapped his knuckles twice upon the table. A very old world method of the upper class to get the attention of those who attended them. Old habits, they never die. "Scusate," was the single word spoken. He lifted his hand, index finger extended. Combined with the coming words, a gesture such as that meant only one thing. "One moment." He wished discourse with the man, yes. But on his own terms, and absolutely not at the price of losing a potential doll.

Now his gaze rested on the young woman once more. Eyes to eyes, how he looked at her would be very intense. Yet there was an element of temptation in there somewhere, as if somewhere within the black pools there was a glint that implored her to listen, to follow. All this, within a stare. "What I mean to say, bella, is that to you I offer myself as escort. To be attentive to your needs is the least I can do, as you went out of your way to be attentive to mine. Would you allow me, accept the kindness of a customer?" His eyes remained on hers a moment longer than his words lasted, as if he was planting a seed with his gaze.

Then, his attention was upon the distributor of the fliers. "Perdoname. With me it is always ladies first." His smile was wily, but by no means a grin. There was very little to be seen of his teeth. "Now," to business, as he picked up the flier and held it up to the man. "About her, tell me. Why do you ask?" The young woman was spared as Damon's intense eyes watched the man. This was more than just an attempt to lock his gaze to increase the chances of the truth being spoken as the answer. Damon was watching - and listening - to everything this man did, in order to glean as many layers of information within the reply as possible.

For if the answer suited, the vampire might be inclined to offer his services.
Damon Fauci
Damon Fauci

Back to top Go down

Post by Mael Feu Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:29 pm

He wasn't told to stay around the tables and engage in chit-chat. He dropped the flyers off at each person and moved on his way to the next, not getting much more than a 'thanks' or a nod of the person's head in response to what they were given. This time he got a response - the female did the normal but it was the guy who acted differently. Inquiring people were always worth a moment of time.

The guy with the flyers didn't turn around to look at his 'boss' - no need to draw attention there when the question was directed to him and he knew the answer. He was polite in his own way and waited. While he waited Mael watched in a casual way. His eyes were not directed to them but more to the window on the side. He could look out the window and see the others on that side of the room out of his peripheral vision. He even put down his coffee and eased it away from him while taking out a pencil and starting to move it idly upon the brown cardboard holder that came around every cup. Perhaps he was only drawing away his boredom.

"About her, tell me. Why do you ask?"

That's what the man with the flyers had been asked so now he straightened his back as he pulled out another flyer and held it in front. "Concern for her safety and well-being." Came the reply. That man, Damon, had hard hitting eyes that sought to pull information. He knew that look - but from others. Mainly from the one's he worked with and if you lied to them they often caught it. "Last seen she was badly hurt and loosing a lot of blood. Haven't seen her since. You can understand she needs to be found."

It was the information he was volunteering.

Mael Feu
Mael Feu

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:55 am

She wanted to huff at the thought of her brother right now. How hard was it to leave the place your at to pick up your sister after an 8 hour shift? Not that she worked the full eight hours, there was the two fifteen minute breaks and a half hour lunch, which was all spent in the break room. No running out to getting something more substantial to eat then donuts. Thankfully they still had the pumpkin spice it was the last batch, unfortunately. Tomorrow they were starting some apple cinnamon flavored ones, she only hoped she would be as addicted to them as the previous mentioned ones. The man in front of her was rather pleasant.

She was thinking of his words, when Damon spoke to the other man, it was rather brief. Give me a second I have a few questions for you, but I don’t want to ignore the conversation I have going on at the moment, sort of thing.

So when his eyes came back to her, her chocolates met his black inky depths head on. Perhaps if there wasn’t that tempting glint she would of refused. One was not suppose to leave the establishment with people they did not know. Nor was it wise to accept the escort of strangers. He made such a good point though, she did come over here out of her way, and now he was returning the service. There couldn’t be anything wrong with that. Accepting his kindness…because with her brother, whom still hadn’t shown, he probably forgot he was suppose to pick her up in the first place. Look I got a car….wait a responsibility comes with it….nah! “That would be nice…if your sure I wouldn’t be imposing on you.” Yes he did offer, but without knowing him he might be the sort that said it and did not really mean it, so she wanted to give him an out.

Then his gaze turned back to the man, releasing her from its hold, not that she realized what was going on. She dug into her pocket of her jeans and pulled out her apple iphone. Checking to see if she had any messages on it from her brother, while Damon conversed with the other man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon Fauci Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:58 am

"Hm." It was a passive response to the man's answer. Certainly in Damon there was a visible lack of compassion or empathy for the man's situation, and for the reported state of this missing girl. To lend his aid to a campaign to find the girl because she was injured, that was far too altruistic a quest for the vampire. He was not the sort of man that needed to present himself as a hero in order to bolster his own sense of value. Damon was never that man, even before he had been transformed by the blood of the vampiric beast.

It was why the only help he offered was the following theory, posed with a rather bemused turn of his reddened lips and an almost flippant air. "If her situation is so dire, surely if she had any good sense she would be in the hands of a capable physician? Perhaps peddling your fliers at the local hospitals would prove greater reward. Or surely her blood was shed at the time and location of her injury? Track her by those means. There are many creatures so capable." Including himself, but Damon would pointedly leave that fact out. What joy would there be in finding an injured damsel that he could not dine upon?

Especially when he had a dinner date already, and she was waiting. Damon considered his business with the man complete, made clear by the fact that his raven eyes belonged once more to the barista as he stood from his chair. "There is no imposition, bella. I'm not a man who makes empty offers." He spoke this to her with a sanguine little smirk upon his wolfish lip. "Though you will bear witness to the fact that I sin, as I am not about to clear my own table."

That said, he gestured towards the front door of the establishment.
Damon Fauci
Damon Fauci

Back to top Go down

Post by Mael Feu Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:51 pm

A shift to the mans stance as he put the flier on top of his folder and out of their direct view.

"Medical establishments you say? What a novel idea. I never would have thought of that." The derisible tone in his voice said it all. Smart ass. Fine. There were those who needed to have the obvious stated to them because they couldn't tell their up from their down but this man could - even if he was passing out fliers. Due to the circumstances of her disappearance the last place the Syndicate thought she would be is a local hospital. People with that type of ability hardly checked into the local ER, to much risk of someone wanting to put them under and do what they wanted.

But this guy didn't know that.

"Thanks." Offering that up before he went back to handing out the papers.

The whole exchange may appear to have been opportunistic, but Mael thought otherwise. He had a decent sketch of the man who offered up the information and the female who was at the table. He wasn't an artist and the pair wasn't exactly posed; and he was sketching with a peripheral view, but it was working for him. Late, after the pair left, he'd refine it. Call it whatever you want as to the reasons why he chose to take note of them, but he did. Information was to be had from everywhere.

Mael Feu
Mael Feu

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:26 pm

After checking that she had no new messages she proceeded to log into her Facebook account. That was such a great thing about her phone, you always had so many things at ones fingertips. A small grumble under her breath, as she spoke to herself. “Nothing, not even a status update.” Her head was given a shake.

She was rather lucky that this man, had offered her a way home, otherwise who knew how long she would be stuck here. She could take the bus, but the last time she attempted that it was not a pretty sight, and calling a cab cost so much any more.

And then she heard the man’s words again, and her head snapped up as she closed out of her Facebook account and slid her phone back into her pocket. Smile touching her lips, “I had to give you an out. But I do appreciate it.” And that last bit did get a small laugh out of her, she had seen many cups left upon the tables along with many wrappers from the various goodies as well.

Following him to the door, as he motioned, his gaze not holding hers that time for he did not make direct eye contact and if he did he had broken away first. Once she reached the door she would press the bar across the front to open it, holding it open for him, modern girl and all that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon Fauci Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:46 am

"You are quite the selfless soul, aren't you bella?" Intoned with a look of mild amusement as he watched this modern girl make her way to the door with no need for an escort. "I do believe your selflessness and my old world manners might clash before our night is through." Judging from his expression, the collision of mannerisms seemed something he was looking forward to. He did enjoy sculpting his meals, so to speak. As it was rare that he dined on a dulcet darling only once, he had to give them something in return - for while he was a beast he was also a gentleman.

So as he followed Titania, he began her instruction. "It's not the girl's well-being the man's concerned about." It was spoken to his dinner date as he watched her hold open the door with a faint smirk. "Do you see his manner, bella? Lingering for sarcasm, the lack of haste? If she's losing blood as he says, he better pray she has gone for medical care. She's already dead if this is the best urgency search party muster." If he were in company that didn't require him to have a level of diplomatic charm, he would have added that it takes a fool to stop and make fliers.

"Unless, of course, she has the means to heal herself." As he could. If that were the case, Damon would be less than surprised. While Rhy'din was not his place of origin, he'd haunted this area long enough to know that the humans that were a majority on Earth were a precious minority here. In this land, he'd watched a simple human boast of that fact and pay the consequences more than once. To the creatures that go bump in the night 'human' was synonymous with the suffix 'easy prey'.

Those were the last words any inside the establishment would be able to hear from Damon as the door closed behind him. Only Titania and any who passed by them on the street would hear him say, "At the corner, we make a left."
Damon Fauci
Damon Fauci

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:15 am

When he said she was a selfless soul she almost laughed, almost. “You just caught me at the right moment.” That was as close to admitting she could be rather selfish she was going to say. A grin appeared as she did catch that look out of the side of her eye. “You almost sound as if you are looking forward to seeing if that is so.” She did not even think about the words, that before the night was through. Maybe if she hadn’t been thinking on other things that might of sent out a small warning bell.

Her ears pricked up, as she listened to what the man was saying, for she was interested. He did not seem to say things he did not mean nor did he seem the sort to waste his breath on words that had no meaning or sense behind them. “That does sound odd. I am looking for this woman, here’s a flyer I made. She was losing blood. Why search a Starbucks? Why not a hospital or alleys.” She was the sort that thought an alley would of made more sense. One could only hope she herself didn’t find herself left in a alley for accepting a ride from a stranger. A charming stranger none the less, always more dangerous, they were.

“Self healing…that could be possible, but if she was badly hurt do you think she still might be able to self heal?” She spoke as if that thought would of never crossed her mind on her own. Of course, it had, for she had been dabbling with things, though she had not a hold on any of her experiments as it was. Nor was she going to just blurt that out either.

She would slow her pace just a bit, so that they were more side to side, instead of her taking the lead. It was easier to speak to someone that way, the hearing, at least for her it was true. Though once they reached the corner she would turn left, just as he said. “Your not one of those men that prey on stranded damsels and lock them away in a basement somewhere are you?” Of course, she should of asked him about that before she left the building with him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mael Feu Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:45 am

He f-cking loved this city and the people in it with attitudes to take a stand by his own. The people that he found who were of that manner. There were many that he'd come across who were nothing but pleasers. They did not last long around him and were easy to dispose of.

When the pair got up from the table Mael could turn his full attention upon them and finish off the rest of his sketch, taking in a few more finer points so that he could refine the sketch later on. He continued to watch them as they left the shop and when the door closed he started to look back at his sketch.

The man who had been passing out the flyers turned to look at him and after Mael narrowed his eyes he continued about the task. The fliers were serving their purpose. If they produced the wanted result of actually finding the girl good. If it fanned up people who recognized her then even better. What a person didn't say about themselves in conversation could be derived out of the people they hung around and the places that they frequented. People at coffee shops had a habit of returning and if by chance people at this particular spot recognized her then there was a chance of learning more.

Information.

It could be found anywhere.

And now he had two more people to add to his list.

Mael Feu
Mael Feu

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon Fauci Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:19 pm

"I'm not one to boast, but as a whole my timing is rather adept." Especially when it came to catching women in the night hours. The nature of smile that played upon his lip as he shared that information with her had equal levels of charm and mystery. When that was partnered with his old-world allure and his impeccable timing, it's no wonder that hunting was a nightly business that rarely caused Damon trouble.

He expected this night would be no different.

To her question about the chosen locale of the flier distributor he would offer a languid shrug of his shoulders. "Because, bella, he hasn't the faintest idea of where to find her. I maintain the simplest way to track her would be to put a beast on her scent and travel around with it, rather than traveling with peices of paper that do nothing but accumulate trash. At least beasts come with skill." As the saying goes, it takes a beast to know of beasts. For just as it was with the shrug, his stride had a fluid quality to it that was almost too perfect. It was the way of a calculating vampire who smartly employed each of the graces the blood gifted.

Her last question, it made him grin. As he was currently not looking directly at her, but rather down the road they traveled, in profile she might not notice the extended length and sleek sharpness of his fang teeth. But they were visible, for the precious moment of that grin. He extended his arm as he made the left turn he'd mentioned a moment ago, as if to remind her of it before he turned down the side street. As that hand disappeared into his pocket, she would see the lights of the black mercedes that was parked a short distance down the street flicker on and off as he turned off the security system.

"That," he said with nod at said vehicle. "Is my car. As for my current dwelling place, it does not boast of a basement. So unless you're inviting me to skulk in your basement after I drop you off, I should think you have little to worry about. Shall we?" Added smoothly as he rounded the car to the passanger's side, opening the door for her so that she might get inside.
Damon Fauci
Damon Fauci

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:43 pm

A grin, she only wished she had good timing. “Normally I have the worst timing. Like a surprise party and I show up right as the person of the hour gets there and have to come up with some explanation.” Thankfully she normally was pretty good at thinking on her feet, though it did not always end up for the best. He seemed so likeable, that she was put at ease being in his company.

Listening. She did listen. To every word he just spoke. Though she would of never thought to employ a beast to find the missing woman. Once it was out there, it made perfect sense. “Maybe he will look into that after he sees his fliers are failing?” Though if she was missing, she wasn’t quite sure if she would rather remain missing or having on of those so called beasties come looking for her. It was the what the beastie would do once it found her that had her a bit nervous.

If only she would of caught that grin, she might not of been so willing, to go with him. She blinked at seeing his car, she did not expect such a luxury ride. She should of known better after hearing him speak that he would not have a Volvo. “Your car is…” She wasn’t quite sure how to put that into words, the girl had never even touched a Mercedes let alone got inside of one. So when Damon held open the door she did not fuss. “Thank you.“ She let him have his way, a Mercedes and someone opening the door for her, it was a night of firsts. “Well. I am sure if you wanted to hang out in a basement it could be arranged, though I fear its rather..dusty.” A laugh as she carefully sat upon the car seat. Swinging her legs into the car, her chocolate gaze moving around the inside. All safe and secure!

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon Fauci Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:42 pm

"No doubt a difficult moment of improvisation, but even such can be turned into a moment of opportunity if one can think on their feet." Said with confidence and ease as the girl settled into his car. Damon had heard and noted her reaction to the vehicle, but chose not to address it yet. Instead, before he shut the door he added this bit of wisdom. "You see, timing is a matter of perspective. How one uses the timing they are granted, therein defines whether said timing is good or bad."

For example, how Damon used the timing of her being settled in the car to punctuate his words by a crisp close of the car door. Or, more to the point, how he'd chosen to view her initial approach and inquiry not as a meddlesome interruption, but as a gift. As he made his way to the driver's side door, a calculating and perhaps even hungry smile curled its way over his wolfish mouth. No matter what the outcome tonight, it would prove an interesting evening. And entertainment was something Damon coveted.

"My car," he would reply finally as he fastened his safety belt and turned the key in the ignition, "is merely a satisfactory rental. What I prefer to drive when I have need to drive, they do not sell, rent or lease in this realm." The U-turn he made to get them back to the road they had just been walking down was smooth, as was the manner in which he applied the break. Damon drove cars in the same fashion that he played the piano - with absolute control and mastery. It came easy to him, especially once he'd received the blood.

As he car stopped, he set his raven black eyes upon her. "Now that we are out of earshot of the man and his fliers and you have secured your ride home for the night, for you I have two questions. Your name, and which way shall I turn?"
Damon Fauci
Damon Fauci

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:08 pm

Her head gave a bob at his words. He had a good point. She wasn’t the sort to disagree just for disagreeing, but if she thought differently that voice of hers would pipe up. A small grin. “That makes me feel a bit better about the timing that I have.” Though one couldn’t guarantee it would always be that way. She really did not have anything else to add to it, so she stayed mum, adjusting herself in the car seat, looking for the seat belt. Safety was something she was concerned about. Not knowing how he drove, she made sure that the seat belt clicked into place, not that a seatbelt would always save you, but it helped, in most cases. Those other cases well, she tried not to think about those when she was in a vehicle.

Damon was probably one of the best at thinking on his feet. He could probably convince a glass of ice water that it really wasn’t cold. But he had his gifts, so why not take full advantage of them. If she had such gifts they would be used to her benefit as well.

“Oh.” She had not stopped to think that he was renting the car. It wasn’t that she wasn’t aware of the car rental places. She had worked for a full day and a half at Enterprise Car Rentals before getting the job at Star bucks. Between you and me, Starbucks paid just a bit more, and more hours were available. But that might be because she was one of her boss’s favorites. “Maybe when they come out with the new cars for next year.” It was a bit of a hopeful for him, though her tone had not changed from any of her other words. Oddly enough when he was driving she did not feel the urge to press her right foot as a brake, nor look for something to hold onto. The ride was smooth and not like a roller coaster yet.

Yes two questions. She took a small breath, unsure what they were going to be. Oh those were easy questions! No quantum physics there. “The names Titania.” She had forgotten she didn’t wear a name tag and she had forgot to actually introduce herself. Though that might have been better that she had not, due to the flyer toting man. Names made it easier to find people. “Turn right, then go up three more lights and turn left into the apartment complex. My apartment is in the back of the apartment complex.” She turned a sideways glance towards him. “I did not catch your name either.” It was then that her cell phone started ringing, ‘Regulators…Mount Up.’ It only rang the one time before it stopped. She would wait till a more appropriate time to look to see whom had tried to call her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon Fauci Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:28 am

"Perhaps," was the careless reply. "I have other preferred means of travel, so I have little investment in what I drive when I do." Wasn't that a fine place to be in, where one could care less about the Mercedes that sufficed to take one from here to there? Every ounce of Damon seemed to be blessed with this absolute ease. To be in his company was to be sheltered in the tempting luxury of his charmed existence. Not an awful place to be, as so many dulcet meals of the past would no doubt willingly attest.

He flipped the blinker on, and the car would lunge forward with foxen speed. Even in residential areas, Damon drove fast. It was the sort of fast that was thrilling, like the downhill excitement of a rollercoaster, lacking entirely in harsh jerks or bumps that suggested a ride out of control. "That's an unfortunately short drive," he observed as he applied the break at the second light to stop the car. "A pity. Perhaps I'd feel more inclined to give you my name if the journey were longer..." He turned to set his eyes upon hers as he said that, offering a deviously charming little grin. Mindful that he did not flash his teeth. His eyes suggested without speaking, isn't this night ending too soon?

This moment of suggestion lingered in silence for the remainder of the red light, with no name uttered to her. When the light changed and he applied the gas, however, he would prove his words just to be a tease. "I am Damon. A fact which I ask that you not repeat to any who come to your coffee shop inquiring about me...I do not wish to be bothered." He doubted that the man with the fliers wanted to have anything more to do with him, but he took precautions at every opportunity which he was afforded.

Damon he flipped his blinker on to signal his shift into the left lane. The third traffic light was approaching up ahead, and he could see the apartment complex she referred to. "Were you not waiting to hear from your brother, Titania?" He posed the question to her as the ring of her cellular device fell silent. "To tell him not to fret, you have yourself in the hands of more desirable company? Well, for a little longer, at least." A devil's smile as he this time kept his eyes on the road. But even without the power of his gaze behind those last few words, still dropped the hints that perhaps home was not somewhere it was time to go.
Damon Fauci
Damon Fauci

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:41 pm

His words might of sent out some sort of warning. But they did not. She figured he had many means of travel, as in the fact there was a bus system, trains, planes, feet for walking. All of the above, perhaps flying, lots of people could fly. Wings just sprouted out. Some with their minds.

His driving did not scare her, she felt oddly, at ease. As if nothing bad was going to happen with him behind the wheel. He seemed so sure of himself that she had no doubts. That was without knowing about his light fast reaction times. “It is unfortunate that it’s a short drive. It does not feel so short when your walking it.” That was the truth, and with the winter weather coming, there was that chill in the air. She could not afford to get sick, because if she got sick how was she to pay the rent, bills didn’t pay themselves simply because you got sick and missed work.

Glancing over at him, as he spoke, she caught the grin that did not show off those pointys that he had. “It’s nice to meet you Damon. I promise that no one that comes into the Starbucks will get your name from me.” If anyone noticed that she had left with him, and it came up later, she would simply say she never caught his name. Perhaps it would not be a girls most smartest moment, but surely it had happened once or three times before.

“Yeah.” He had a point, she would take the phone back out, and looking down at the screen. It was a text message, from her brother. She let out a laugh, she couldn’t help it. “He’s running late, he hopes that I will find another way home. He’ll be by tomorrow before my shift to drop off my car.” She shook her head, “If you wouldn’t of offered me a ride, I don’t know when I would of gotten home.” A breath. “Did you have a better idea then taking me home?” He was dropping hints that maybe there was something better to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon Fauci Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:50 pm

Decisions. Plans could change with each passing moment, and she'd given him a golden scrap of information. Her brother would not be by the place she lived until tomorrow, which meant the chances were greater that there was no one else there at the dwelling. Still. Damon knew this did not rule out the possibility of a roommate, one who did not have a car of their own or was currently indisposed and unable to pick Titania up. There was nothing like a third wheel to dampen a potential meal.

So for reasons of his own, he would maneuver another angle. "I am always filled to the brim with ideas, Titania, of that you should not doubt." The smirk which played upon his wolfish mouth had a touch of mischief and promise, but his raven black gaze stayed upon the road. It was a choice on his part, to not look at her when he divulged the next bit of information. "But I would understand if you don't wish to remain in the company of a vampire. Many have rather strong feelings about my kind."

Just ahead, the light turned yellow. But rather than increasing his speed to quickly make the turn into her complex, he applied the break so that he was afforded this extra bit of time at the red light. To give her a choice. "I won't lie, your blood has crossed my mind more than once since we began our conversation, as is only natural. But I offered to drive you to your door, I don't intend to tarnish that act by forcing my continued company upon you if it's undesired."

As they waited for the light to change, Damon cast his dark eyes upon her. "So what happens next, bella, is really up to you."
Damon Fauci
Damon Fauci

Back to top Go down

Post by -:|[ Titania ]|:- Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:41 pm

That was the thing about some of the best laid plans that happened to go astray. One had to be the sort that was able to adjust with each new gleaming piece of information, or they might forever be stuck doing one thing, when another more promising happened to come along. As it was, a part of her, perhaps a small part at least, was rather glad that her brother had stood her up. At least for now. For if he would of shown up when he was suppose to, she would of gone straight home and followed with her nightly traditions. Everyone needed a little excitement in their lives.

Her gaze turned from the road that she looked over towards him, as he spoke, it wasn’t the first about ideas, for that she had no doubt. It was the second part. “Well…I have never met a vampire before. At least, not that I am aware of, though I am sure I have served one or two at work.” That wouldn’t be to surprising to her. Maybe it was odd that he came out and said he was a vampire, and she had some knowledge on them, yet she wasn’t wanting to run away. There was no let me out here, no trying to open the car door and jump, she just sat there a moment.

Maybe it was the soft comfort of the car seats, maybe it was just simply him. Either way, she looked over at him, on her own accord, biting her lower lip before releasing it. “What if I don’t want to go home yet? What do you suggest that we do?” She paused, before speaking again, “If it is my decision not to rush to the door, there is no tarnishing in that.” A slow grin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon Fauci Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:46 pm

As the light changed, Damon flipped on the blinker to indicate to all - including Titania - that in spite of her answer he intended to turn. Through the light he smoothly drove, taking the first turn into the driveway of her apartment complex. Which building was hers, which was her front door, these questions mattered not to him. It would be clear what Damon's desire was within seconds as he deftly steered the car into the first open parking space he spotted. As he did so, he made his first reply, "Considering the manner of vampires I have met in this area, I am quite certain you have served far more than one or two. The vampires here are hardly vampires at all. You will find that I am quite different, in a number of ways." The manner of his grin then, it would afford Titania her first handsome view of those two sleek fang teeth. It was a grin of promise. But precisely what that promise was, that is what the mischief-laden smile left unsaid.

"Now," he continued, putting the car in park with a smooth gesture which lead directly to removing the key and stilling the engine, "To answer your question. In return for your company," and her blood, hopefully this dulcet young lady was not foolish enough to discard his admittance from earlier, "I will take you somewhere you have never been able to go. You need simply name it, and that is where we will spend our time together. Is it somewhere that is closed of to the public, or that locks its doors after a certain hour despite your yearning to visit it during the night? Is it somewhere that will only let people in if their name is on a certain list, or spoken by a certain tongue, or that one must have certain credentials in order to enter? If this place is closed off to you for any of those reasons or another, I guarantee you it will not be closed to you tonight. I will get us in and you will have an evening unlike any you have had before."

There was a certain sparkle to his bottomless black eyes as he looked upon her. He knew his was an offer that would be hard to refuse, for it was a hard task for any creature to pass up an opportunity to go where they traditionally are not allowed. To belong where one normally doesn't belong, what a sweet fairy tale to play even if only for a night. Surely worth giving a few drops of blood in return? "You merely need to name this place for me, Titania, and consider it done."
Damon Fauci
Damon Fauci

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next