Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Yes, the men were still alive.

Go down

Yes, the men were still alive. Empty Yes, the men were still alive.

Post by Guest Sun May 03, 2009 5:27 am

Manny sat at his desk going over the schedule for May. He had to make sure that as always, there were two men per night posted at the forge for guard duty. He also had to make sure that there were two other men scheduled every morning for stable duty. Two men assigned to be on call each day for kitchen help in case Armandeus needed them. And two men to do all other odd jobs that needed their attention at any given point during the day. He had been doing a very good job managing all this scheduling for the nine months they had been here. So what was the problem?

Well the problem was a simple one, it was the solution that was the issue. Isah was still on leave because of personal reasons. Jason did a great job filling in for him, but he had school. So that meant that he could only pull guard duty on Friday or Saturday nights. It also meant that he could only pull stable duty on Saturday or Sunday mornings, and that he could only pull kitchen duty on Saturday or Sunday. So if he scheduled him for guard duty on Friday night, he still wouldn't get to be a teenager on Saturday night because he would have to pull stable duty on Sunday morning, because Saturday morning he would be too tired from being up all night. But he would want to sleep most of Saturday because of being up all night so he wouldn't be able to be on call for the kitchen.

He sighed and shook his head. Maybe he could pull kitchen duty after stable duty on Sunday, and just not be able to help out past a certain hour. That way he could get plenty of rest for school on Monday. And he could sleep most of the day on Saturday and only have to get up if someone needed something and there was no one else around to help. Of course, this still made it so that he couldn't go out on the weekends with his friends. He would be too busy and too tired. Hopefully, he would understand. And Manny would make sure that he made it up to him. He would put him in for two weeks paid vacation early so that he could ave a few weekends to live it up with his friends. Plus, filling in for Isah was earning him extra money. He had the pay from Dre, he also had the bonus in his pay from Venis for the kitchen duty, plus because this was work away from the keep he got paid a per diem for being away from home on business.

So he reached up to his box to see if any of the men had asked for any certain time off for the month. He had no slips in the box, so that was one less thing he had to worry about. Which definitely made this run a lot more smoothly. He checked over his notes one more time before making out the schedule for the month. He was having a hard time concentrating on his task as he kept seeing that music box upon the desk. He had still not given it to Gwendolan yet. He hadn't felt the time was right. But the more he thought about it, the more he thought that the time was right at last. After all, they had been boyfriend and girlfriend for a little while now. And they even occasionally fell asleep in each others arms, in one bed or the other. So maybe another step made sense. But he was very nervous about it. It had been a very long time since he had been with a woman. And even longer since she had been with a man. He wasn't even sure if they were ready to take that step or not. But he had to find out, right? But he was off track again. He had to get this schedule made. So he began filling in the calender.

Andrew:

Sun - Stables, Mon - Guard duty, Tue - On Call, Wed - Kitchen, Thur - Kitchen, Fri - On Call, Sat - Stables
Shamus:

Sun - On Call, Mon - Stables, Tue - Guard duty, Wed - On Call, Thur - Kitchen, Fri - Kitchen, Sat - On Call
Keven:

Sun - On Call, Mon - Stables, Tue - Stables, Wed - Guard duty, Thur - On Call, Fri - Kitchen, Sat - Guard duty
Jason:

Sun - Stables and Kitchen, Mon - Off, Tue - Off, Wed -Off, Thur - Off, Fri - Guard duty, Sat - On Call
Joseph:

Sun - Guard duty, Mon - On Call, Tue - Stables, Wed - Stables, Thur - Guard duty, Fri - On Call, Sat - Kitchen
Ivan:

Sun - Kitchen, Mon - Guard duty, Tue - On Call, Wed - Stables, Thur - Stables, Fri - Guard Duty, Sat - Off
William:

Sun - Off, Mon - Kitchen, Tue - Guard duty, Wed - On Call, Thur - Stables, Fri - Stables, Sat - Guard Duty
Paul:

Sun - Guard duty, Mon - On Call, Tue - Kitchen, Wed - Kitchen, Thur - On Call, Fri - Stables, Sat - Stables
Manny:

Sun - off, Mon -Kitchen, Tue - Kitchen, Wed - Guard duty, Thur - Guard Duty, Fri - Off, Sat - Kitchen

Now that he finally had that finished he could move on to other things. Like for example, the 'To Do' list for the men for Seleen and Shuda's wedding. That list basically consisted of running to pick up things for Seleen. For example, she had ordered some chair back covers. Those needed to be picked up. She had ordered table cloths, those needed to be picked up. It was mostly little things like that. So he made the list rather quickly. And those men who were 'On Call' on the days the items were ready for pick up were the ones who would go get them. Then he went through the stack of bills that had to be paid and made a list for Venis. Then there was payroll, she had to sign the checks. Plus there was the supply lists for the various establishments within her keep. And then there was the feed bill for the animals that were at the Inn as well.

He gathered those items for Venis along with the receipts for April, the list of correspondences she needed to write, and her invitations to social events that she had to R.S.V.P. to with a yes or a no. He took them all over to her room and placed them on her desk where they were supposed to be placed. Now the rest of the afternoon was his to do with as he pleased. He made one final stop back in his room to grab up the music box that Emilia had retrieved for him from the keep. And then he went next door to Emilia and Gwendolan's room and knocked upon the door. While he waited for them to answer he was rocking back and fourth on his heels with the music box behind his back. He hoped she liked the box, but he also hoped that the evening would end on a whole new level for the two of them. But even if it didn't, he would be ok with that too.

Back to top Go down

Yes, the men were still alive. Empty Re: Yes, the men were still alive.

Post by Gwendolan Sun May 03, 2009 5:50 pm

Gwen was sitting on the couch reading a book. She was dressed in a flowing white gown as was normal for her. Her hair was in a long braid right now it was thrown over her shoulder and she was pulling at the end of it.

She heard a knock at the door and put the book down. She stood from the couch and opened the door. When she saw Manny her whole face lit up. She moved and let him come in before closing the door behind him.

"Good afternoon Manny."

She was very happy to see him. She stood on her tip toes and kissed his lips softly. She saw his hands behind his back. She wondered what he had there but waited she was sure he would show her soon enough.
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Number of posts : 231

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2009 2:32 am

Manny smiled when his lovely girlfriend opened the door. "Hello sweety." He entered the room and kissed her back. "I brought you a present." He pulled his hands out from behind his back and the box was in his right hand as it came around from behind him. But once he had it in front of him he placed both hands on it as he held it out for her to take.

The music box would play the song 'You Will Always Have My Heart' once it was wound and opened. And inside the box was a cone for placing rings upon and then the space around the cone would fit anything up to a three inch diameter bangle bracelet. There was a panel that hung from the lid that had holes in it for five pair of earrings. It was porcelain and hand painted by a 20th century Earth artist named Thomas Kincaid.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Mon May 04, 2009 8:09 am

Gwen smiled she liked when he called her sweety. She was not sure what was happening, but she knew that she was happier with him than without him.

"You didn't have to get me anything. All I really want is you."

She looked at the box as he brought it out in front of him. She reached a hand up and touched the box. She smiled at him and took it in both of her hands and than moved back over to the couch. She placed it carefully on the coffee table and than waited for Manny to come sit with her.

She reached for the box again lifting the lid. She smiled as she heard the music. She didn't have anything to put in the box; she had no bracelets, rings or earrings. That didn't mater though, she had everything she needed and more. She listened to the music as it played. The notes were beautiful even though the music was unfarmiliar. The scene on the box was almost magical.

She looked at Manny.

"Thank you, it is beautiful, what is the music called, it is very pretty."

Her mind was thinking over the last couple months. She was lost to him from the moment he came after her the night of the ball. She had not expected it to happen but somewhere over the last couple months she just knew that she didn't want to be without Manny in her life.

Somewhere over the last couple months she had fallen in love with him. She looked him in the eyes a smile on her face even as her eyes began to shine with tears of happiness.
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 07, 2009 4:28 am

Manny joined her on the couch and watch as she opened the box. She was so gentle with it. He knew he had made the right choice in giving it to her. He knew she would appreciate it and take very good care of it. He saw the look on her face as she heard the music, after all, he had wound it already for her. "I know I didn't have to dear. I wanted you to have this box. It used to belong to my wife. It is very special, and it was just collecting dust in my rooms at the castle." He leaned over and gave her a soft kiss.

As he leaned up from the kiss he smiled even more. "I believe, if I remember correctly, it was a song from Earth called 'You Will Always Have My Heart.' And Gwendolan." He blushed a very bright shade of crimson. He pulled a soft blue cloth from his shirt pocket. "I thought that perhaps you could put your necklace in the box, the clover from St. Patrick's Day. I also thought you could add this when you weren't wearing it" He unfolded the cloth and showed her the contents.

Yes, the men were still alive. Gwensbracelet

There was another reason for his blushing. He had something else to say to her. He watched her face as he took a deep breath to speak his next words to her. "My dearest Gwendolan, you will always have my heart. I have fallen irrevocably in love with you." He had no idea how she was going to react to what he said, and he was truly terrified. Because he thought for sure that he would have a heart attack if she didn't feel at least something for him. He didn't expect her to love him, but he prayed that she felt something.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Thu May 07, 2009 4:46 am

Gwen smiled as she heard Manny say that the box had been his wife's, she knew he had loved her dearly and that he would give this to her was very special. With her whole heart she wanted him to love her.

"Thank you Manny it is beautiful, I know what this must have meant to you."

She stood and went to her dresser and picked up the necklace and moved back to the couch. She placed it in the box with a smile. That was when he pulled a cloth from his pocket. She looked at it as he uncovered the bracelet.

She saw the way it sparkled as the light hit it diamonds were so pretty when the light hit them. She took the bracelet from him and placed it on her arm. She did not know what to say, she seemed to find herself at a loss for words around him. If she thought she was at a loss for words over the bracelet what he said next had her completely dumbfounded. The look of surprise on her face would be clear.

"Manny, oh my dear sweet Manny, you will always have my heart as well. I was lost to you from the moment you chased after me the night we met."

She looked into his brown eyes and smiled as a tear slid down her face.

"I love you too Manny."
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 07, 2009 4:56 am

A tear fell from his eyes. Those were the sweetest words he had ever heard in his life. She loved him, she really loved him. He felt like he was going to melt into a puddle right there beside her on the couch. "Oh God's Gwendolan. I have waited to hear those words, and I feared my ears would never hear them from your sweet lips." He leaned in and kissed her deeply and passionately. He pulled her close to him as they kissed.

The kiss felt like it lasted and eternity. His tongue dancing with hers, their lips massaging each others. His hands rubbing her back slowly. The kiss was on fire. When he finally broke the kiss he placed his forehead against hers and whispered. "Gwendolan. I want to show you my love for you. Let me make love to you my dear, let me show you what it is like for a real man to make real love to you." He was worried that after what Eros had done, she would deny him. And if that were the case, he would accept it. But he was praying for a yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Thu May 07, 2009 5:09 am

She wiped the tear from his face.

"I don't know when it happened Manny, I never thought it would; not for me."

She returned his kiss; just as passionate just as deep. She wrapped her arms around him as she opened her mouth to let his tongue dance with hers. The tears started and she couldn't stop them, here she was kissing a man she wanted to be with for as long as he had left to live. She wanted to be able to stop time to be able to stay with him in this moment forever. He broke the kiss and leaned his forehead to hers.

She moved her head back and looked him in the eyes.

"Manny, I want to be with you, but not here. I can't when my daughter and granddaughter may be back at any moment."

She was turning fright red and her voice barely a whisper as she spoke again.

"Is there somewhere else we can go, somewhere that no one will interrupt us?"

She was shaking like a leaf she was so scared of what she was agreeing to but she did want it.
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 07, 2009 5:18 am

His breath caught like a lump in his throat as she started to say that she didn't want to be with him here. He was so scared that she was getting ready to say no. But then, she simply wanted more privacy. She was worried about the kids finding them. It was a thought that he had not had. She definitely had a point. So he thought for a moment. Then a large smile spread across his face.

He looked at her and shared that smile. "Yes, my love, there is. The other men are all at work. And they have this code. There's a neck tie hanging on the inside of the door handle. We are supposed to lock the door with the tie on the outside of the door so they would know to not even knock, let alone unlock the door and walk in. We have the room to ourselves." One of the men had picked up the tie thing in college and the men all used it these days.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Thu May 07, 2009 5:25 am

She simply nodded at him; she was still shaking and with good reason Manny's grandparents had not even been alive the last time she had slept with anyone, she may have been older than him in years but is more ways she was younger, it was a very emotional thing and she was almost frozen with excitement and a bit of fear. She wrapped her arms tighter around him.

"Manny I don't mind telling you I'm scared, it has been so long."

She put her head down she was scared of disappointing him.
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 07, 2009 5:32 am

Curled finger touched under her chin and his thumb rested below her lip. He gently lifted her head to look at him. "My love, you have nothing to be scared about. If anything, I fear my performance will fall short of pleasing you. I have never been with anyone other than my wife. And, though not as long, it has been so very long for me as well. So come on, come with me and let me see if I can't remember how to do this right." He took her hand in his and stood up.

He lead her back to his room. He opened the door for her to enter first and then moved the tie to the outside of the door. Then he closed it and locked it. He pulled her into his arms and held her tight as he looked down into her gorgeous blue eyes. "I love you Gwendolan." He gazed into her eyes for another moment before he leaned in and captured her perfect lips in yet another passionate kiss.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Thu May 07, 2009 5:48 am

She let him lift her head and looked into his eyes, she just coulden't speak but she listened to him and smiled.

"I am afraid I will disapoint you. I too have only been with one other and then only once. Am I dreaming, will I wake up and you be gone?"

There were so many things on her mind but she stood as he took her hand and let him lead her into his room. That was when it hit her; it was the first of May.

"Manny today is Beltane."

She entered his room and watched as he moved the tie to the other side of the door. She looked up at him.

"I love you too."

She closed her eyes and just let the kiss take her away.
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 07, 2009 5:55 am

When he broke their wonderful kiss he looked into her eyes and smiled. "No my love, this is not a dream, you will find me still in your arms afterwards." He placed a gentle kiss upon her forehead. Then he froze with his lips pressed to her head. Leaned back from her and looked at her. "Beltane? Love did you just say it was Beltane, as in the fertility thing?" Ok, that scared the old man half to death. He had already planned on using a condom, but maybe he should use two.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Thu May 07, 2009 6:04 am

She nodded and looked at him as she smiled gently. She wrapped her arms around him tighter.

"It's ok Manny, I didn't perform the ceremony this morning. Also fertility can be more than that kind."

She wanted to laugh but she didn't. It was not the time of month for her to be fertile anyway, he would have had to worry about it had it been a week later.

"You don't need to worry. As much as I would love to give you a child it is not my time."

Yes she had just said she wanted to give him a child.
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 09, 2009 2:01 am

Manny listened as she explained about not doing the ceremony and all. He felt a little more relieved. But then he heard her say something about a child. A child. She said she would love to give him a child. The only thing Manny had ever wanted in life and had never gotten was a child. How wonderful it was to hear those words from the mouth of the woman he loved. "My love, we can worry about children at a later time. Tonight, is about us." He leaned down and kissed her again. He was still in shock about her saying she would love to give him a child. And as they kissed, he swept her up in her arms and carried her off to the bedroom, kicking the door closed behind them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Sat May 09, 2009 2:10 am

Gwen smiled up at him and it reached her eyes she was still a bit scared but it was going to be ok.

"Yes tonight is about us."

She returned his kiss as he lifted her into his arms she knew where he was taking her and made no protest as he kicked the door closed behind him.
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 09, 2009 2:22 am

Shamus and Ivan were headed up to the room to check the schedule to see what they were going to be doing on what days for the month. When they reached the door they saw the tie. That hadn't been the first time the tie had been on the door, they figured one of the other men was entertaining. Not thinking too much of it they deceided to go down to the bar to wait a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2009 5:24 am

Manny opened the door slowly and peeked out of it. The coast seemed to be clear. So he swung the door open wider as he moved to let Gwendolan out first. He would follow right behind her making sure to move the tie back to the inside of the door before closing it. He would walk her to Emilia's door and kiss her goodnight. "I think I need to sleep in my room tonight dear." He kissed her again. "I love you. I'll see you in the morning sometime. Sleep well." He would hold the door for her so she could go in then he would return to his room so the other men would find him there, alone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendolan Wed May 13, 2009 10:26 am

Gwen was all smiles as she left the room. She was so happy. She wrapped her arms around him as he returned his kiss. She spoke softly as she looked at him.

"This is but the first night of many, we have plenty of time for sleeping in eachothers arms."

She was a bit disapointed that he was not going to stay with her tonight but maybe it was for the best. She was not exactly alone in the room and after this evening she was not sure she wanted to just lay beside him. She blushed at the thought she had just had.

"I love you too. You will probably find me in the garden in the morning. Goodnight Manny."

She entered her room and shut the door behind her. She coulden't stop smiling. She was also glowing. She walked to the bathroom and turned on the shower.
Gwendolan
Gwendolan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down