Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

The Hills are alive with the sound of...

2 posters

Go down

The Hills are alive with the sound of... Empty The Hills are alive with the sound of...

Post by DrDonaldBlake Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:01 pm

There was a blissful smile on the great gods face when he stepped into the glade. opening arms, and summoning a soft breeze into the area, once again, a single massive hand rose to his head and removed the silered bettle scared helmet from his head.

"I am not unfamiliar with the hedonistic gods of Olympus... And even fought beside several in battle before. Eros, I have not yet met. though I would express an interest in greeting the gods of this land."

a few steps forth and the great god of Thunder lowered to his knees. placing the helmet on the grass before him. reaching behind his neck, to lift the mighty hammer Mjolnir from its place underneath his cape. and it was placed down horizontally before him as well. the breeze still swirling about them.

"This is perfect De'Ryanna." from his knees he was probably about the same height as she was now. eyes where back on the woman, a hand motioning to a position next to him."Do you care to join me in meditation?"

DrDonaldBlake

Number of posts : 167

Back to top Go down

The Hills are alive with the sound of... Empty Re: The Hills are alive with the sound of...

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:28 pm

Meditation. The only other person she shared meditation with was Armandeus, but there's happens in a different manner. This would be different. Willing to learn and curious of how he went about his meditation she nodded her head and stood next to him.

Taking hold of her skirt she lifted it slightly as she bent down and sat upon her heels; and then folded her hands in her lap. De'Ryanna did not have any tool to focus on, but she could do without it. "How do you begin your meditations?"

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Number of posts : 566

Back to top Go down

The Hills are alive with the sound of... Empty Re: The Hills are alive with the sound of...

Post by DrDonaldBlake Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:38 pm

Meditation begins as you are comfortable. Asgardians, begin meditation through showing respect for fallen warriors. a prayer to the halls of valhalla. a deep breath drawn into his lungs before.

"Lo there do I see my father...

Lo there do I see my mother and my brothers and my sisters...

Lo there do I see my people, who bid that I take my place among them, In the Halls of Valhalla where the brave may live... forever"

His prayer ended his eyes slowly closed, that breeze finally dying down. soft words spoken again." Meditation brings clarity. offers sight beyond sight. such is a sight I offer you..."

A hand rising up placing it on her shoulder, though it felt heavy on her, he was not trying to knock her over and she would feel more grounded. and when he placed his hand upon her shoulder. a greater sense of ease would follow. before sight left her eyes, growing expanding. encompassing the field as a whole, the trees of the forest fading into view. and then the inn, and surrounding locales. all crystal clear, all detail seen in all things all at once.

DrDonaldBlake

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:39 am

When Thor started to speak De'Ryanna bowed her head. She may not have known the prayer he was speaking of but that didn't mean it did not warrant respect. So she knelt there, in the grass, with her hands folded in her lap, preparing herself by clearing her mind.

Being still allowed herself to hear his words clearly, and let them settle on her even as she tried to memorize what she said. She wasn't from his culture, but that didn't mean she couldn't know his prayer. But that was when he did something a bit unexpected. She felt his hand press upon her head and she instantly froze and then started to calm down. That was when she came more aware of everything. It was as if she had grabbed on to the Source, or shifted, without doing anything.

Perhaps this is what it was like when meditating with him? De'Ryanna fidgeted a bit, shifting slightly, but otherwise remained still. There were a lot of things going on in that mind of hers, but the strongest of it was anger. There was a lot of it boiling under the surface.
De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by DrDonaldBlake Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:25 am

Suddenly The God lifted his hand, and she was brought back down to the planet. it wasnt a sudden movement, it was a sudden movement, but a floating feeling back down. a deep breath taken.

"I am sorry, though it must be said ,You carry much rage within you. If You'll allow my asking, know you the source of it?" He asked softly, eyes loweing to her, now that she was knelt down, she was shorter again.

DrDonaldBlake

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:54 am

De'Ryanna frowned when he asked her that question. Perhaps if she had been more prepared for the mental connection she would have had time to put some things away. It appeared that the meditation was over for the moment, or maybe it was simply on hold. "It comes from dealing with my family and the result of training. Not expressing the things you feel can often lead to anger and other negative emotion."

"Verily... It is often the curse of many to allow emotions to fester and decay the souls within. it si said that the Goddess Hela plants such seeds, as to create servants for the fortress Helheim. I've little desire to see one follow down such a path. how do you often express your anger?"

He was saying things that she didn't understand. "I don't know of this fortress you speak of." Straightforward, made it easier to communicate that way. "As for expressing my anger, I typically don't for I hardly allow myself to reach such a level. There are not many things that get to me in such a manner but, when they do..." She trailed off, thinking about a few events. "I don't have an outlet."

The Fortress Helheim is the land of the dead, where mistres Hel is tasked with guarding the dead.- nodding very slowly and he then rose. motioning her up with him-Such is the path to Madness...Would you accept an outlet if an outlet where offered?

"That might all depend on what the outlet was." She was interested, though it did not show overly much on her features. Accepting his offered hand she took it with her right and pushed up on her knees with her left.

Great leaders in the past have allowed their men merriment... though, human men feel that a great battle cry is an excellant way to vent pented frustration. would you care in trying such as your outlet? should you decline such. battle, is often a fair way to expound emotion.

De'Ryanna looked at him. Staring would be a better word for it, for indeed she was staring like a wide-eyed deer. Quite out of character for her soon she blinked and got her composure back. "You...want me to scream?" Placing her hands against her collar bones. Scream? Her?

- kneeling down to lift the hammer from the ground.- Verily...- he rose a hand up to the sky once again summoning a slight breeze.- I assure you madam, not one would hear... though, if you rather... Battle would be acceptible as well

She pursed her lips together as she thought about the second option. Clearing her throat she stood up straight. "I'm sorry to disappoint you Thor but I don't spar either." He appeared to be one who knew of battle. "Though I can defend myself if the need arises," she said quickly. "But nothing like sparring for sport"

"Worry not, I take no offence. Not all are ment for such things..." the breeze died down but some clouds where rolling in now." I do believe that I know of one way I may Assist, you, if you would allow it?

He did have her curious and how could she refuse? It was the need to know that drove her forward into accepting his offer. "Okay." she should learn to be a bit more..outgoing as well she thought as she considered the other things he said. "Perhaps later I may even try shou-shouting." she hardly ever raised her voice higher than a harsh tone.

"I do believe that you would feel a desire for such..." the clouds now hovering over them, blocking out the sky, his massive hammer raised high above his head." The Mighty Valkyries... shield Maidens of the allfather gather fallen soldiers and carry them to the great hall of valhalla... to you this Night De'Ryanna. I offer you freedom of your mortal bonds...This Night I bestow upon you the touch of the Gods."his Thinking was, that knowing what it felt like to not be bound by little things like worry, would help her bring her other emotions out and help her in expressing them.

He was about to do something that probably shouldn't be done, but she would very willingly take it. Power. That's what she gathered from his words. That he was going to give her the chance to experience being more than what she already was and that was exciting. She was able to contain her excitement with a wide grin. Looking up to the sky she gave a single nod. "I'm ready."

- a raise in his power, and a torrent of rain, followed by a rumbling of thunder, before a bolt of lightning arced from the sky latching onto his hammer, and then through his hand which he placed upon her head, channelling the energies through his body into her. pushing into her mortal form the power behind a warrior maiden, the mind for battle. even changing her body a bit, just a bit taller a bit more muscle, she was to be a goddess for the evening afterall. on the ground between them was a sword, slid through a shield. the arms of the valkyrie."this Eve you are no longer trapped by the bonds of mortality. You are Lenneth Valkyrie Daughter of Asgard.. speak how it is you feel..."

Her body shuddered with the inital impact and she drew in deep breaths. It almost felt to her the same way it had when she underwent her first shift. Only this time she it wasn't because she was angry and she was actually aware of what was going on and she smiled. Not a normal nice and polite smile, but a satisfied, grand smile. A wild type of smile as she felt the power in her body. Turning her hands up she thought that she could even see the energy moving on her fingers. Looking at him with those wild eyes she bent down to pick up the items. The expansion in her body stretched her top some, but not enough to tear it, yet, but any slack it had was gone. Luckily she wore a skirt, so there was no problem there. "I.. feel powerful." laughter in that tone.

" And you are Mistress Valkyrie..." Thor may have been selfish a bit in the desicion to change her for the evening so he would have another asgardian to converse with for the time being, but he also really thought it would help. The energy, she probably could see, it was part of her power. and he Knelt down to pick his helmet up, once again placing it upon his head." the weapons are yours to keep, beyond this night.You May consider it a gift."

What was it that warriors did when the showed thanks to another? She couldn't remember. Had she ever been shown? "Thank you." She looke at the object s she know held. "Though I don't know how to personally use them, I know what they are for. Tell me Thor." even finding that her voice was a bit stronger. "What do the...Valkyrie's do? and what are thse capabale of?"

"You will know of your purpose if seek the desire to do so within yourself." he said simply using his hammer to nudge her shield up so it was in proper weilding area. and that was true, she would know that the Valkyries defended the walls of Asgard, as well as combed battlefields in search of honored dead to carrying their souls to Valhalla." you will see madam... these will defend you with greater efectiveness then you would ever think they would.

"Perhaps.. you will have to show me how to use these?" Hefting the weight of the sword and sheild. In her normal state she didn't know if she would have been able to handle them without a bit of extra.. support. "I've only seen my brother and other trainers, use these types of weapons." something else had her curious. "What was this you say about souls?" This was of particular interest considering that someone had it out for hers.

"I Assure you... you will know how to use them. Defend yourself."She would have been able to handle them ith great ease now. as second nature. Thor raised his hammer high and then brought it speeding down. and when the hammer fell she would feel instinct in her to pull the shield up to block the shot-

Almost wasn't prepared, but she brought her shield up in time and leaned back on her right foot for support. With a small grunt she pushed forward with the shield arm, trying to move him back, and made a swing with the sword. Nothing to make contact, just to give the message to back up.

-A grin form the god who brought a bare hand to grasp at the blade, catching it in mid swing, after taking that step back from the push- very good... do you understand now of what it is that I speak?

"About.. having power," don't tug on the blade, she told herself, don't tug on the blade. "To release you're own powers and feelings? " even as her blade was being held by him she wanted to pull it out. Her words had a hint of a growl in them.

Yes... Mortality plagues you with weakness... the feelings of weakness fade... Do they not? with the power of a god flowing through you?- he released her sword, and rose his hammer once again, holding it in both hands at his waist.-

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:20 am

Sword now free from his grasp, De'Ryanna took a partial step backward and made a small adjustment in how she held it. Slightly difficult she almost thought she was holding them wrong, perhaps she had only to get use to the feel. "Yes, I don't feel weak anymore. I feel... I feel able to oppose those that would come against me." Did he want her to strike again? that's what she assumed by the way he was holding his sword. In she went, with a downward motion of the blade toward him. Hey, she had to learn.

- With great ease the hammer was brought up and the blow was deflected with the leather wrapped shaft of his hammer. and then a twist of the hammer, sent the blade continuing down its path, throwing her off balance enough for the god to slam the butt of the Might Mjolnir into her shield- You are not weak, you where never weak... you lacked the ability to see past your own insecurities.

"I'm not weak." she said the words between breaths, having stumbled a bit with the hit to her shield. Standing there a moment or two to catch her breath. "I'm. . . . not weak." Though she might be starting to get a little angry, it was under control. She turned quickly, with another grunt, to aim for his side.

No, no you're not weak!- an armored arm came down and took the sword attack, the blade biting into the armor covering his arm. there was a bit of bite in Thor's Words back to her, he was trying to get her riled up, get her going in venting her rage.the opposite elbow came around to catch her in the shoulder- you grow more competent with each attack... though you are not yet competent enough... perhaps I will disarm...- dropping his hammer head first onto the ground, handle sticking strait up yeah, that was him calling her out-

De'Ryanna started breathing heavily and, with a bit of a growl, put those weapons on the ground. She did one of those moves you see in the movies - and that she had seen done by some of the guys in the training fields - sheaths the sword the ground. That couldn't be good for the blade. The shield was a different matter to take off, took a bit more time, but soon that was gone too. Fair fight right? No weapons. She knocked her fist together before she came at him. A strong solid punch aimed for his chest. There was bit of anger behind it.

-the punch to his chest taken, an d thor gave a smile, a step back, pulling her off balance when a hand was brought up, wrapped around her wrist, pulling her wight further off balance before he pulled her down-

Off balance she was. Stumbling forward and dropping to a knee. She growled before she hit the ground with a fist. "Why do things always have to be so frustrating!" The anger in her was starting to rise and she sprung at him, in an attempt to grapple him down and to the ground.

Things frustrate you, because you allow them too... free yourself..." he leaned back when she pounced on him, falling back and spinning from his back when he landed on it in order to pin her to the ground." scream of your rage Valkyrie... Show me that the power I've placed in you is deserved...

There was a part of her, a deep down, hidden away part, that felt a bit of fear. He was bigger than she was and he knew what he was doing. Here she was, lots of extra strength and energy and she was trying to bottle it up and not let it out. This was something she couldn't allow. That fear to even exist. She started growling, deep in her throat, and then she just roared out in rage, sounding all the more like a wild beat. With the growl she sought to get her hands around his arm and push him from her, using her legs to help in getting him away .

-And she succeeded i pushing the god Thor away, but was it because he let her, or because she managed to force him up. really it was the former, but he allowed it to look as though it was the latter.. leaning back, and taking a few steps back.- the battle cry of a Valkyrie is feared among all nine worlds...- and then he gave a nod-, motioning her up-

She got to her feet and looked at him with a hardened stare. Her feet were planted and shoulders back, for what it was worth she looked ready to attack him. "I can see why," the words were nearly growled as she came towards him again, striking out with a directed right upper-cut to this jaw while her left swung towards his side.

The uppercut was caught with ease, and the punch to his side taken with little recourse."You stand as a woman, a shell of a goddess, yet you lash out as our Lord Odin... I have not misjudged thee lady D'Ryanna. Do you wish Armed combat now Valkyrie?"

So many things going on in her mind at the moment and, as she stood there looking at him, she was trying to calm down. Deep breaths. Deep long breaths and she took her hands from him, pulling them back and shaking her hands. It didn't hurt too much right now, but would she feel it once she was her normal self? Quite possibly. "There's no need for me to fight you. The ....the anger will only rise." Partially turned her back towards him .

-he stepped up behind her, and placed a hand on her shoulder.- to have power, and to choose not to use it... such is a good trait for one with power." when he lifted his hand, the strength of the goddess left her and thor stepped around to face her."How is it you feel now?" the hand wouldn't hurt at all, he certainly took care of that.

When he removed his hand she became slightly weak in the knees, that's what happens when immense power is suddenly taken away. There's a lost and the body feels it. With sheer strength of will she was able to remain standing, though he may see that it wasn't an easy task. "Exhausted. It will pass. I'm not as tired as I seem." that last was more like a rehearsed line.

"Exhaustion passes with rest... please, sit. your human body has been through quite an ordeal... such is the case, when leaving ones Avatar." Thor himself did sit, he did such on his knees before her, just as he had before." Not all meditation requires ones inner focus. an emotional gamut can do just as well..."

"An emotional gamut," she asked while taking a seat. "Like. focusing on an object?" She was more tired than she put on, than she refused to let show. Always be collected, she thought to herself, and stop loosing control. "As you do for your hammer?"

Indeed it is so, that the great Mjolnir is bound to me, whereas no other may even lift it from its rest." it is not uncommon for the gods to do such, as weapons stand as extensions of ourselves. I do hope those I have bestowed upon you today will grow into such stance within you.

Turning her head she looked over to the fallen shield and the sword that was stuck in the ground. "My mother never wanted me to use a blade. She said that I shouldn't spoil my hands with the blood of others. Yet. . . " she looked back to Thor. "The same never applied for my before. He was holding a sword by the time he could walk. A play sword of course. I was to find other ways. She doesn't have to know. "

Thor reached forth and took both of her hands holding them face up, and then held both of his near hers." I am Thor Son of Odin, and Defender of all nine realms. to take a sword, and wield it with the intent to cause malicious death will stain these hands and your soul... Never once have I risen Mjolnir maliciously... and as you see, my hands are not stained with the blood of death.

Currently her soul was in good condition, even if it had an anchor in another place. De'Ryanna looked at his hands and smiled a little. "You must have great self control. To be able to hold such power and not strike out to kill those against you. Do you.. ever strike out in anger?"

I did not say that I do not kill, I simply do not seek out death... Death is an inevitable outcome of any battle...And Anger, anger as with all emotions is important. A battle without anger is as bedding your mate without passion or lust.

Now he would witness her cheeks flush red. Of all things he could have mentioned he had to mention the last. Something that she was not that comfortable in. The blush lasted a moment and her hands were warm. then she cleared her throat and gave a quick nod. "Emotions are important." She was not going to be put off. "If ever I find myself in a battle I will remember to go with emotion."

Thor's eyes rose a that, to the skies for a moment and then back down to her."There is nothing more important to the lives of mortal men and woman then emotion... and Know this Valkyrie... battle does not only occur on a battlefield... nor does it always involve bloodshed.... d'Ryanna, I must leave you now...I shall return once more to visit you... fair thee well Valkyrie..." Thor rose a hand and the hammer left the ground and lept into his hand, and Thor swung his arm up, rising from the ground flying up, and soon disappearing.

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down