Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Needing a Drink...Or Twenty [For Any Cool Cats of His Past]

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Needing a Drink...Or Twenty [For Any Cool Cats of His Past] - Page 2 Empty Re: Needing a Drink...Or Twenty [For Any Cool Cats of His Past]

Post by Archer Caughey Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:20 pm

Rewind back to when Archer first came inside. He'd been fresh off a fight with Arcadia, and had just been looking for someplace to kick back, have a few drinks and try to shake the battle royale off. And that had been going real great, until the last thing Angel said. So one fight and two and a half pints of scotch later, Archer was done allowing emotions to be an excuse for people to say or do anything. Angel should know him better than this by now. He was driven by one thing. Logic. And that's what he was about to give her, logic calm and steady.

So. 'Finally get that heir you care so bloody much about', that would be the moment where all the fun and games ended for Archer. He stepped away from the counter and Epiphany, reaching for his shirt. As he shrugged it on and buttoned, his eyes were dead on Angel. For Archer, right now there was no one else in the room.

"Angel, let me tell you something you should probably already know. I've lived every minute of my life trying to be nothing but a good, honest guy who does the right thing for the greatest good. There hasn't been a breath I've taken yet where I haven't wished you nothing but the best, and despite right now, there never will be. Considering how old you are, the fact that you can't be an adult about this and extend the same courtesy to me?" A shrug of his shoulders as his eyes dropped briefly to her hand. Yes, he noticed the fire. Yes, he saw that as classic Angel letting her emotions rule her instead of the other way around. Still, logical as he was being, he was going to leave the thought in his mind unsaid out of respect for her feelings. But he knew this confirmed he'd made the right choice when he broke it off, even if he didn't voice it.

"And as someone who knows what it's like to be without their child and who went through a lot get him back, I expected better of you. When you know how long I've wanted this." He reached for his vest, and as he put it on without bothering to button it he put this conversation to an end. "Enjoy your drink, Angel. Live well." Live well. In Archer speak, that was tactful for 'I'm not really keen on seeing you again soon'. Which is probably why he was leaving now.

He grabbed up his jacket, and gave an apologetic half-smile to the rest of the folks in the room. "Take care everybody, good seeing you. Sorry to put a downer on the night." The time had come to make his exit, and he headed down the street. He wasn't going back to his lab, though. He was going somewhere else.
Archer Caughey
Archer Caughey

Number of posts : 136

Back to top Go down

Needing a Drink...Or Twenty [For Any Cool Cats of His Past] - Page 2 Empty Re: Needing a Drink...Or Twenty [For Any Cool Cats of His Past]

Post by Epiphany Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:22 am

Well. That was the end of that now wasn't it? Shame to for she was having musing with Archer and scaring Krya. Yeah, she knew that they were saying things that could go either way, but when you were on a roll and the words were flowing, that's what happened.

And everything had been going well until that question. Epiphany could smell a disaster - she had caused enough in her short lifetime - and this was defiantly one. Time for a massage was over and she removed her hands easily when Archer started to move and she didn't say anything while he had his words with Angel. That type of conversation was not one that you intruded upon. It ended in watching him walk out the door.

Letting out an elongated sigh Epiphany shifted positions and now sat Indian style there upon the bar, her hands hanging down between her knees. "Well I was doing quite well." She said that to no one in particular really, eyes drifting to the empty cup he had left on the bar. By doing so she saw the card that Archer had left and she picked it up, extending it towards Kyra to take.

"Go on, take it. The card isn't going to bite." She said it with a smile. "Don't worry Kyra," she shot a smile over to Angel before looking back to Kyra. "He and I were only talking about science. Archer is quiet the alchemist. You should visit him, with me, someday in his lab since it's only about a mile from here. You can learn how to make things like the drinks I had delivered to the Ball."

The card was still held out for her to take but now she turned her head to look at Angel once again. "That didn't go quite so well now did it?"

Epiphany
Epiphany

Number of posts : 615

http://www.bebo.com/iastepiphany

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:37 am

She watched as the explosion took place in front of her and Epiphany's friend left. Krya was curious about what was going on but sure as heck wasn't about to ask anyone what just happened. Instead she looked to Epiphany who was holding out the card and explaining things to her. Her face went red from embarrassement at what she had been thinking they were talking about. Slowly and cautiously she took the card from her and tucked it away before speaking.

"I will give it some thought and let you know. Thanks."

Science peeked her curiousity enough that she would use the card at some point. Since her head was hurting and the fact she forgot what she came there for in the first place she headed off back to her room to get some sleep.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2