Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

So it begins...

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

So it begins... Empty So it begins...

Post by Raven Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:17 pm

From the woods they came. A pair they were. One as big as a rhino, and covered in fur the color of onyx. Which was his name, put only one called him that. Others ran from the Hell Bear. Maybe for good reason. Who knows? Manlings were weird to say the least. Only one thus far had taken the time to understand him, hence why he was with him now.

Onyx and stopped and looked at the manling beside him, he was not a normal manling that was for sure. Average height and with an athletic build. He was not one of these ones that looked as if his chest was way to big for his body. he was surprised at some of those did not fall over. No this manling was different in a lot of ways.

His shoulder length hair was as black as a raven's, but so to where his eyes. Skin the colour of a young buck. His footsteps were as light as a feather. Which is how when the manling was young he was able to get up close to Onyx and sleep. Onyx had treated him as a cub ever since.

The manling was good with the knife he carried, but it was that bow that impressed him the most. This boy could hit almost anything within the range of his bow. He also seemed to know how to make powders and such that would make the arrows do different things.

The boy walked along the Hell Bear. A strange pair, Onyx and Raven. But and odd pair that knew how to survive. One that knew how to use each others strengths and weaknesses. He was dressed simply, wearing doe skin leathers and simple boots he had purchased. They had been heading home, when they ran into a fire burning out of control Int he attempt to avoid it, they came to town. When raven tried to tell the people about it, they took one look at him and then Onyx and called him a devil. He was driven out of the town, barely making it. Onyx had carried him as he healed.

Now they came to another time, and both of them knew better then to enter it. In circling the town, they came within sight of the inn. Raven and Onyx stopped. They needed to relax, sleep, and eat; but would this place treat them as equals. Checking his backpack, Raven knew they had enough. The last batch of skins they had taken to their town had made them quite a bit.

They approached cautiously, Raven motioning for Onyx to wait nearby. Raven knew that he would know when to come to his aid, if it got that far. He made his way inside and stood at the desk. He was reday to bolt in an instant if need be.

Raven

Number of posts : 14

Back to top Go down

So it begins... Empty Re: So it begins...

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:39 pm

When someone approached the desk she was alerted and started towards the destination. Madeline may still have been on leave - she wasn't sure when she was coming back, or if she was back then she hadn't seen her yet. Either way it didn't matter for she enjoyed the chance to take care of the tenants.

Coming from the kitchen, De'Ryanna brushed her hands upon her full brown skirt, she had been doing a bit of baking and it would never do for her to greet someone with remnants of flour on her hands. Drawing near she caught sight of the young man and gave him a warm smile along with a nod. The skins and boots gave her the impression that he was a hunter of a sort. Perhaps he had been in the area hunting game and needed directions, a meal or a place to stay for a while. The cautious air about him, perhaps he didn't spend too much time around people, or indoors if he was a hunter.

Taking up her station behind the desk she pulled out the book and a pen, placing them on top. "Hello, welcome to the Tel'Ranaemyn Inn. How may I be of service?"

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Number of posts : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:06 pm

He looked up as he heard a noise. His black eyes shimmering in the light like polished stones. He shifted his feet, having already marked the exits. He was ready. His quiver of arrows, with fletchings made from the wings of ravens and a few of the giant black birds he knew. Those were more for his armor piercing arrows.

He looked at the lady and then heard her words. A slight nod given, then he spoke. His voice was soft and soothing, like a cool breeze on a very hot summer day.

"I do not know. You are an inn correct? I hope I gathered that from the pictured sign. If so, I would like to," he paused to think of the word. Living on one's own and not being around people much has its effect. As it was he could not read or really write, and he had trouble speaking. Many people took advantage of this, but he felt that was his role in life to play. Once more he began to speak,"Yes. A room. Maybe outside. In the place where you keep horses. But ummm far from them. My friend does not play well with others and tends to spook them."

He looked at her and was quick to add, "I can pay. I promise." That there gave away more about him. He was young that was for sure. no more then seventeen or eighteen.

Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:41 pm

Listening to him talk, De'Ryanna found herself smiling despite her attempts at staying professional. It was a slightly more amused smile than the one she was wearing moments before and she hoped that he would not take it the wrong way. What he said about staying outside sounded funny to her.

"You, would like to sleep in the stable?" she mused with that bit of delight in her eyes. "It's must to cold for that, even though you seem to be prepared for the elements." He had to be a hunter, though he looked about the same age as herself since she has not taken on the ageless appearance yet. Opening her book she scanned the pages. Another tenant wanted a room that was close to the outside. Perhaps she can do the same thing for him.

"I could offer you room on this floor and complete it with outside elements if that would make you and your companion comfortable. A cost of two silvers a night...." Dragged that out for a bit as she watched him. "We do offer payment options, such as service, if you are unable to pay. Service like helping to keep the Inn or another skill."
De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:02 pm

He looked at her. What was wrong with sleeping outside? Most times it was safer then sleeping in a building. Besides, he knew Onyx. He doubted that he was wanting to sleep indoors. Did she really say to cold? He had to wonder where she was from if this was cold for her.

He spoke again, "I am prepared for your cold. Though it is mild to say the least." He heard what she said about the room on this floor and he paused. "I am afraid my companion may not fit into any of your rooms. Maybe if you saw him?"

He then heard her mention money. "I assure you I can pay. You have to trust that I can pay." That youngness in him coming out. "I just need to make sure my friend is safe. He is a bit grumpy."

With that he headed to the door, hanging his head. Realizing maybe once more it was him that was going to make them not find a hot meal. Onyx was going to be a bit peeved at that. Spoiled bear he was. He opened the door to go with a normal teenager muttering of "Nevermind."

Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:28 pm

Apparently she had said something wrong. Maybe it was the way in which she had smiled and he took offense to it, like she was laughing at him. Seeing him head towards the door she shifted the pen she had placed on the book from one side to the other. She had to work on her personal relations with people, this she knew.

Drumming the pen a bit she spoke up before he was too far gone. "I've never met a young hunter before who wasn't Elven" She chimed in. "I didn't mean to offend you. I believe you can pay. I merely thought that some hunters like to pay with trade or works. I can construct you an outside abode."

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:43 pm

He stopped and looked at her, those black orbs of his glimmering through the strands of night he calls hair. "No am not Elven. I do not think. Though am good friends with some."

He stopped. "I had jsut finished selling my furs. I had beaver, bear, deer, and a few other things." He said as he walked back. He set the bag of coins he had on the desk. based on his clothing , it would be easy to see that he got the finest out there. He opened his bag and pulled out silver washers and there were a few gold coins. It was easy to tell he had been cheated. "I was told this was a lot from a group in the town that is just up the way. Haven New I think it was or something like that."

An outside room. That would be so good. Onyx would be happy. "See enough to pay for a room outside right?" He then flashed a very boyish smile, that made his eyes sparkle more."

Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:12 pm

He came back, and for that she was relieved. Making friends, being social, those were things she was not too well versed in. She had a certain way of dealing with people but she had to remember where she was and act accordingly. Looking at what he pulled out she gave a small chuckle, quickly covering it up with her hand. "New Haven, yes. Though I think perhaps I can recommend a furrier who will give you a better price for such fine items as I'm sure you had. "

"It is enough for an outside room. Though I'm afraid that I may need a moment or two to get it ready for you." Things could be arranged. Once she offered a room she stuck to her word. She turned the book around to him and offered the pen. "If you would just sign your name next on the list please. Oh, my name is De'Ryanna."

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:22 pm

He beamed a smile again. "Onyx will be so happy. I am called Raven."

He looked at her and then at the book. "Sign in?" He looked away. "Guess maybe I will not be staying. I do not know my letters or numbers at all. Sorry to have wasted your time."

He sighed and started to pick up his 'money', he kept some of it out, though truth be told he had four gold coins and the rest was junk. But sitting there was half the junk and a gold coin. "For wasting your time." he said depressingly, and sighed. "Have a good day." he once more headed for the door.

Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:09 pm

Seleen had come down for a bottle of blood wine, she was walking away from the bar while reading something on the bottles label when she bumped into the dark haired man. "Oh, excuse me. I'm sorry. Are you new here? I'm Seleen." She offered her hand. She had heard some of the conversation, she had very good hearing, but not enough to be considered eavesdropping. "Is there anything I can do to make up for bumping into you? I am so very sorry." She flashed him a toothless smile, best not to show certain things to strangers.

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:19 pm

"You can make your mark." She knew that not all people knew their letters, and it wasn't any real fault of their own. Lifestyles and culture were all things to consider. As she said that she saw Seleen appear and her smile remained.

De'Ryanna lifted the book up and offered out the pen. "Hello Seleen. I was just telling the young man here that he can make his mark on the book. I'm going to prepare him a room outback."

Seleen was apologetic about bumping into the young man. Looking at her, De'Ryanna squared back her shoulders, standing a bit straighter.

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:01 pm

Seleen smiled at De'Ryanna. Toothless again, the young man was still present. "Hello De'Ryanna. A room outback sounds lovely. A little too cold for me, but still, it's lovely outside." She moved a hand as if to offer him the chance to return to the desk before her. "I can show you around a bit or something while you wait for your room to be prepared."

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:25 pm

He was bumped by the woman and looked up. "Oh uh, it is okay, it uh is probably my fault Mistress Seleen. Uh, I need to watch where I am going htat is all. Always been said I was to clumsy for my uh own good."

If he was not skittish before, his ass sure as heck was now. He knew how this began. He run into someone, they look at him, think he was something he was not and then he be running to Onyx. Onyx wipe a few out and then they both be running like a devil itself was after him to marry him.

He looked real quick at De'Rayanna. "I can make a mark Mistress TheRaina." He moved very quickly and made a mark, after pricking himself of course. He was also told marks were made in blood.

He looked back at Seleen. "That is uh, okay. Onyx is waiting on me." Even any looked at one of the windows, they would see it blacked out and red eyes looking in. They seemed to be watching Raven close.

Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:21 pm

De'Ryanna nearly said something when she saw him prick his finger and make his mark in blood. He made it in blood. That wasn't something she saw everyday and she couldn't wonder if it was going to bleed (no pun intended) through the pages of the book. Then he said her name.. or attempted. Why was her name so hard to pronounce for people?

As she was about to correct him she saw those eyes peeking through the window. Was that Onyx? "It's 'Day-ree-on-ah'" being sure to say it slowly so he would catch the pronunciation. "And I will.... get your room ready." All said while looking at those two eyes. She then closed the book and went out the way of the garden.

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:26 pm

Seleen smiled again. "It's just Seleen hon. No mistress required. And I was the one not looking. I bumped into you." He went over and made his mark ... In blood. She closed her eyes and took a few calming breaths. He turned down the offer of a tour. That was fine by her. Then he said that his friend was waiting for him.

Seleen looked over to where he was looking and the entire window was blackened, save for a pair of red eyes. "That your friend Onyx?" She smiled, through the window she couldn't really tell what kind of animal he was, just that he was huge. "Can I meet him? I like meeting new beings." She honestly hoped he would say yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:00 pm

He nodded and said her name right this time.

"Many thanks Mistress De'Ryanna. I am sure me and Onyx will like it very much."

He turned to Seleen and nodded. "As you say Mistress Seleen. But yes that is Onyx and as far as meeting him that is up to him. But I can take you outside to where he is."

With that he headed outside and grabbed the huge hell bear by the fur. "Good news grumpy bear. we have a room. Mistress De'Ryanna is making it for us. Someone would like to meet you if you want."

He turned to see if Seleen had followed him and stood back to see what happened.

Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:22 pm

Seleen walked out onto the porch behind Raven. She smiled when she saw the very large mass of black fur. "Hello Onyx. I'm Seleen, it's a pleasure to meet you." She smiled her toothless grin. She still wasn't ready to show her teeth yet. She still thought she might scare them away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:15 am

The mass of fur turned and nudged raven. Growling softly. When it heard another speak it looked up and, and those twin orbs of blood locked on to her. He stood there and sniffed. There were a lot of different scents to this one, it was like walking through field of flowers. But one of those scents he recognized and start shaking his head. He was making disgusted looks and looked at Raven.

Raven watched Onyx and then shook his head. "Sorry big fella, but this time you are wrong. She is very much alive. She could not be standing here if she was dead at all, or talk, or be nice to grumpy bear like you."

Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:55 pm

That huge rhinoceros sized mass of fur was a bear. How wonderful. Seleen's smile widened. "Aren't you beautiful?" She loved bears. He was magnificent. She had never seen such a wonderful creature. He was so huge, and so black, and so furry. She was in awe of the great beast before her. But he didn't seem too happy about her. She put out a hand to pet him, but she didn't advance upon him. No, she wasn't trying to startle him.

But then she heard what Raven said. She lowered her hand and then her head. She wasn't supposed to lie about what she was. She wasn't supposed to be untrue. She looked up and Raven, no smile upon her face. "No, Raven, he is right. I am undead, I am ... A ... Vampire" She lowered her head again. "If you don't want to be my friend now, I will understand." She turned to head back into the Inn. A lone blood tear fell from her eye to drip upon the porch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:26 am

Raven stopped and looked at her. "A what?" You are not any kind of pyre. Those things burn. and from what I see you are not burning at all Mistress Seleen. Nope and I definitely do not see any smoke. So can not be a Pyre."

He was scratching Onyx and Onyx was giving her a look. But raven was also standing there with a confused look on his face. Then he said. "Besides, if you are undead then you have to be alive. Even I know that. Undead means to not be dead. So that means alive. M-O-O-N spells not dead."

(sorry I could not resist. be only time that happens. Just really seemed to fit poor raven at the moment.)

Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:15 pm

Seleen stopped and looked up at Raven. "You're so sweet. Thank you." She looked over at Onyx. "Ready to trust me yet big guy?" She smiled, still no fang.

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:56 pm

An outdoor room had been requested and De'Ryanna was one who tried to fulfill the needs of the patrons. It was not out of any special care she may have had towards them, it was simply about doing an assigned job.

In order to fulfill Raven's special request she had to expand the Stables and make it suitable for lodgings. He appeared a huntsman and therefore accustomed to being outdoors, but she couldn't bring herself to charge him for sleeping on hay barrels. The stables were expanded by her adding a wing to the back, the stable area was big enough for this change. Raven, and his companion, would be able to get to their specialized area without having to disturb the horses and they wouldn't be seen from the road. He did not seem all to trusting of people and she thought that privacy may be a scoring point.

This very spacious room had three solid walls, the other missing. This open wall could act as a door for the pair of them to come and go; on windy or bad weather days there was a folding panel which could be erected. In terms of furniture she acquired a simple bed and a table for two. There was a light, of course, two of them in the back corners.

Satisfided with her work she made her way around to the front of the Inn to see Raven, Seleen, and the large . . . bear. It was unlike any bear she had seen and she watched it warily for a moment before she came closer.

"Pardon me, Raven?" She said with hands in front of her. "Your room is ready. If you would follow me, I'll show you to it."

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:24 pm

Onyx looked at her for a long time, those red orbs seeming to bore into her and see her true intentions. Maybe she even saw flames in those eyes. He snorted and seemed to nod a little. It was clear that at the moment he would be nice, until it was proven otherwise. Onyx noticed someone else coming and nudged Raven.

Raven was nudged, well nudged was not the right word. He was almost knocked to the ground. So he might have looked comical waving his arms around to remain on his feet. He muttered something about a 'grumpy bear', then he heard his name. He turned and blushed like mad.

"Yes Mistress De'Ryanna?" There rooms was ready? Before he could help himself he let out a huge "WooHooo!" Once more he started blushing and looked at the ground. His black hair falling into his face to cover it luckily. He nodded to her and started following her. Leaving Onyx to get to know Seleen.

raven's eyes stayed on the ground, his ears straining, his body readying itself for the potential trap. In which case Onyx would be ready. That brought a wicked little grin to his face as well.

Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:36 pm

The genuine excitement Raven showed at having a prepared room was a delight to see. Normally she gave people their room assignments and they were on their way with a smile and a 'thank you', and that was that. It didn't bother her because she didn't expect anything more; therefore Raven's actions had come as a surprised.

De'Ryanna chuckled softly and, when she saw the hair covering the blush on his face, that is when she decided that she liked him, as a person. He was honest about the things he said and there did not appear to be any hidden motives in his movements or words, it was what it was. She turned and started for his room, sparing him of any further embarasmnt he might be suffering from and allowing him to compose himself as they walked.

"I hope it is to your liking," she started off in a conversational tone as they walked by the stables. "I tried to keep it simple for you and your companion both and therefore did not add a lot of amenities. There is sink, and running water. If you would like a private bath it can always be installed. Until then you may use the general facilities located in the Inn. There is a bathroom on the first floor near the bar, but the group shower is on the first floor."

Around the back of the stable she turned the corner and there was his 'room'. She walked to the opening and gestured inside. "Here you are."

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:07 am

Seleen sat down and crossed one leg over the other, the leather of her pants creaking slightly with the strain of the movement. "So, Onyx, do you speak?" ~Or do you mental link?~ She smiled as she sat there looking to converse with the beautiful bear.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next