Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

After the memorial

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

After the memorial Empty After the memorial

Post by Beastie Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:59 am

Things had turned out better then he expected. Some would say even better then expected, he was glad to people remembered and liked the special brew. Now that he had the recipe and the instruction that he was to add his own thing to it, finding the original would be hard. He had seen Krystal disappeared and thought she had retired, he would have to check in on her later.

He stood there hugging and shaking hands with folks as they left. As the Furball came by he grinned and handed him a case of the brew. He knew how much he liked it. "Next to last of the original Furry. So make it last."

As Arcadia came by he grinned and hugged her big. "When you have time, I would like to talk to you. But first I think you need to meet Kyra, again." He smiled. The females he was extremely friendly with, Tasha, Arcadia, and Air, he evne swatted on the butt as they went by. Soon it would be time for him to depart for a buit. He had to make sure that his room was paid up until he returned.
Beastie
Beastie

Number of posts : 1596

Back to top Go down

After the memorial Empty Re: After the memorial

Post by Arcadia Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:11 pm

::Arcadia smiled and returned the hug and nodded as he spoke. She kissed his cheek and whispered to him.::

Thank you for finding her even though you didn't know you found her for me. Once everyone clears out would you mind taking me to see her?

Arcadia

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:15 pm

"Of course. As I said we must talk anyhow. Kyra has a new talent it seems. Besides your staff was a dead giveaway. We will get it all sorted. I assure you. "
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:25 pm

Kyra had been hiding on the outside of the garden watching everyone. She knew she wasn't invited that is why she didn't go into the gardens. She recognized a few people but there was one that definately didn't look like she belonged at the inn or she just got here. Secretly she was hoping that her mother would come to this party and maybe she could get a glimpse of her but unfortunately she didn't see any faeries among this group. She stayed silent and watched and even giggled as everyone began to drink. She would have to ask Dre about the man in the picture some time when he wasn't so busy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcadia Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:34 pm

::Arcadia looked at Dre curiously and wondered what he was talking about as far as the new power. She knew about the staff because she was the one who left the staff in the box with the note. She smiled glad to see that Kyra didn't open it before she was ready. She smiled as she spoke.::

Is she ready for it?

::She was sure he would understand what she meant. She wanted to be sure she was ready to see her, to learn what the staff can do and learn any new powers she may have or will eventually grow into.::

Arcadia

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:56 am

After the last person had left he walked with Arcadia to the last spot he knew Kyra was. It would take them close to her current hiding spot.

"She is ready. She broke poor Maddie's arm, after she provoked her. She is great with water as well. The staff we will see. She will learn but she reminds me of you. Now why don't you tell me your side. I heard what mother said, but I know there is more. So spill it.

"And I think she is as anxious to see you as you are her. Just remember, her world has been turned upside down, so do not expect anything alright? Just listen then explain and such. You know how to do it."
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcadia Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:53 am

::She walked with Dre and listened to everything he told her.She sensed that someone was spying on them but couldn't place a finger on who it could be but if she knew Dre like she did he had a reason for walking her to this particular point and stopping. She stood there in shock that Kyra had broken Madeline's arm like that. This concerned and worried her that maybe she was out of control in that aspect after learning that her parents were alive. Arcadia knew there was nothing she could change about the situation but she could be there for her now and teach Kyra what she needs to know. That is if Kyra will let her be there for her but time will tell this was not something that could be or would be rushed. She planned on meeting Kyra and answering any questions she may have but she would let her determine how far or fast their relationship progresses. She took a deep breathe and began to tell Dre about the drow that she had met in her faery form and spilled all of the details that she told his mother and how she never saw the drow after the time they spent together. She stopped talking and let him catch up to her on the subject.::

Arcadia

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:00 pm

He nodded as he digested all that. "I may have a lead on the father, but you must let me work things my own way." He stopped and sniffed at the air.

"Kyra, you can come out of hiding dear. I have to teach you to stay upwind. Especially of those that have good sniffers." He chuckled. "Come Kyra, meet your mother. This is Arcadia. The one that gave you the staff hun."
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:38 pm

She went wide eyed as he told her to come out of hiding and meet her mother. She stayed there and looked at the pair wondering how this woman who is so not a faery could be her mother. What kind of joke was this and who is playing it. Kyra came out of hiding and looked at them both and shook her head. With a slight growl in her voice she spoke to the woman named Arcadia.

"What makes you think you are my mother and why should I believe you? You don't look like a faery to me. For all I know this could be some kind of trick to kill me like the people did my faery parents."

She stood there and looked at her wondering what game this woman was playing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcadia Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:00 am

::She stood there and listened to Kyra speak and couldn't help but hold her breathe as Krya was growling and speaking harshly but she had expected it. She knew this was not going to be an easy rode for any of them. Arcadia could tell that Kyra had her personality in the fact that she seemed cute, sweet and innocent until you crossed her and she couldn't help but smile knowing that. Those attributes would help her when facing an unknown opponent. She finally let out the breathe she was holding and began to speak calmly.::

Kyra, first I want to say it is a wonderful to finally find you. I never stopped searching for you or your father. Unfortunately, though with help I finally get to see the woman you are becoming and it makes me very happy to see you. To answer your questions now....A mother always knows her child and you may not want to admit this right now but I am sure a child always knows their birth parents deep down. I don't know who would have hurt the family that I left you with but I can assure you that the people that did are no longer a threat to any of us.

::She paused for a moment to let that sink in for her before she went on further. Arcadia thought long and hard about this next move but she knew to get Kyra to believe her she would have to show her. She took another breath and began to shimmer before them and after a few moments a faery would be standing in front of them. She looked to Kyra and then to Dre and then back to Kyra before she spoke again.::

I know you were young when I went away and I know I promised to return and I did come back for you not even a month later but you were gone by this time and the family laid dead in their home. I hope now you can see how I can be your mother.

(A pic will be provided later to show both forms of Arcadia)

Arcadia

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:22 am

He stepped back and listen to the two. He knew this was a tricky situation, but so far Arcadia was handling it beautifully. He also knew that Kyra was listening to her. Actually listening to her. That was a good sign.

Then there was the shift. When he saw Arcadia like that, his mind drifted back to that night. The fun they had had and all they talked about. It was the clincher to know that well there was more here then what was going on. But would Kyra accept that? Would Arcadia? What was to happen now? If only mother had not left for the castle, he would have talked to her about it. Now he just stood there drifting back to that night and the grin growing on his face.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:00 pm

Kyra listened to everything Arcadia had to say and it made sense but she was still skeptical until Arcadia shimmered and a faery was standing in front of her. Her jaw dropped and all she could do was stare until she began talking again. Kyra continued to listen and looked from her to Dre and then back to Arcadia. The odd thing was she did believe her even though something told her to still be careful. Kyra had noticed when she looked at Dre that he had a goofy looking grin on his face and she looked at him curiously as she spoke to him.

"What has you grinning like that? What's so funny this isn't a funny situation..."

Frustrated she sat down and put her head in her hands and started muttering to herself.

"Why me...why does this stuff happen to me."

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:15 pm

He looked at Kyra and chuckled. "You are right it is not. I was just remembering something funny is all. I am sorry Kyra."

He walked over to her as she sat down. "Why you? Because it is an adventure and I know you like adventures. Why does it happen to you? That my dear is the age old question. Everyone asks that, including me. Now we are friends aren't we? Maybe even close friends. You never know, maybe even I am your father. Scary huh? Could you see Arcadia with a scaly thing like me?

"But here is what I do know. You have your mother right here in front of you. You have a chance to get to know her and in effect, get to know you. You have a chance to learn many things and have the greatest of adventures. You still have your pals and your job. No worries about that. So cheer up. Please?" With that he kissed her on the cheek and looked at her and smiled. "And no fainting."
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcadia Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:08 pm

::Arcadia just stood there and let the two of them talk..she wasn't sure she should sit on the other side of Kyra or not but Dre seemed to be handling it nicely. She looked at him with curiousity when he suggested that even he could be her father. She has always been fond of Dre but she was pretty sure he was not Kyra's father. Not that she would complain about being with Dre but she is sure she would have remembered. She is also positive she would still be sore to this day from that encounter. Not that she is saying that is a bad thing but she was being realistic after all and the fact that Dre was clearly not a drow. She sighed at the thought of still needing to find Kyra's father and knew it wasn't going to be easy since she hasn't found him yet. She continued to listen and let them have their time.::

Arcadia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:32 pm

When he started talking she looked up and listened to what he had to say. She gave him a strange look when he mentioned that he could be her father and then looked at Arcadia and wondered. This raised a question of how that could be possible when she was told her father was a drow and he didn't look like any drow she had seen before. She spoke softly to him after he kissed her cheek.

"I hate to break this to you but umm...you are a little too scaley to be my father. Remember your mother said he was a drow and umm....you don't look like one I have ever seen before. But you're right I do like adventures and we....you included will have to see where this takes us."

She sat there a minute contemplating and thinking before she said what she was fixing to say. She let out a breathe and spoke again.

"If it's any help I think it would be kinda cool to have you for a dad."

She shrugged and just sat there looking between the two of them and wondered to herself where this adventure was going to take her next. She did speak again to Arcadia and only asked one question.

"Do you plan on sticking around for this adventure of ours?"

She didn't want to put in the effort if Arcadia was just planning on leaving her again. She didn't see the point in trying if that was the case.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:59 pm

He chuckled and looked from Arcadia to Kyra. "All I will say is ntohing is as it seems. Look at you Kyra. You at how you Danced, umm what you called a spar. Who knew you had it in you and who knew Arcadia was a faerie? Hmmm? well all will be revealed when it is time and nothing shall be before then. Bus she does ask a good question Arcadia. Sticking around?"
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcadia Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:21 am

::That was a question she wasn't exactly prepared for but she had thought about her response before she answered them both. She was curious of what things would be revealed in time. Arcadia let it go for now and looked between the two of them and answered them but she addressed Kyra first.::

I would like to stay if wouldn't mind having me around. I could help you learn things with the staff or anything else you want to learn from me. But there is something I will have to leave to take care of here soon and I would like it if you would come with me that is if you want to.

::She looked up at Dre and addressed his question.::

Think you could handle me being around this place with you and Kyra?

::She waited patiently for the responses she was sure were going to be coming her way.::

Arcadia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:43 am

Kyra nodded to her and shrugged should she trust that if she went with her that she would come back or should she stay here and be a nervous wreck to see if she was going to come back. She was getting a little nervous already and her wings began to flutter as she spoke.

"I would like you to stay so we can get to know each other but only if you really want to know me."

She didn't answer the other question because she didn't know the answer to it yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:27 pm

"Arcadia, maybe it would be best to tell Kyra what we have to take care of. You see Kyra, what you watched was a memorial for my father. We were celebrating his memory as he himself has based on. Now we head to my home to bury him and for me to take my place a Lord of the House. I would love for you to be there and you have that right by birth. Since you are Arcadia's daughter. Please, my friend, come with us?"

He looked at Arcadia. "Yes you should stick around as there are things to discuss. You are also much better with a staff then I am. Besides you really do not want young Kyra here learning with my temper do you?"

He thought for a moment and then said, "You know I think Kyra's father might be right here in the Inn. I think he is a guest here. Maybe you two wish to come to my room and I can see if I can find him?"
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcadia Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:21 pm

::Arcadia started to say something until Dre said that Kyra's father may be a guest at the inn. She was getting butterflies in her belly and her heart jumped at the thought of getting to see him again. She had questions and things to tell him. She shimmered back into her normal form and began pacing nervously. It was easy to see where Kyra got her nervousness. She spoke quietly to Dre.::

How can you be sure its her father and not just some other drow?

::She continued to pace in a circle having not stopped when she spoke.::

Kyra I would love if you would come to the castle with us and see Dre's home. It is a place I've called home too. I just have a question for you do you want to go back to the inn and see if Dre can find the guest he thinks is your father?

::She stopped and looked at Kyra waiting to see what she wanted to do...if she said no Arcadia would go alone to see if it is him and let Kyra know where she can find him if she chooses too but she really wanted her to go with her to see.::

Arcadia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:05 pm

Her wings began to flutter more as the butterflies in her belly began to jump around like Mexican jumping beans. She felt sick to her stomach knowing that one her mother was in front of her and her father is or has been a guest at the inn. She wondered how long Dre knew or how long he has been there. She also had a lot of questions but only made one comment to them.

"I will go and check him out but I swear this better not be a trick."

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:55 pm

He nodded. "I respect both your choices. We shall go to my room and I think you may be in for a surprise."

With that he took both their arms and dragged them towards the inn and his room. Once there he let them in, pointed to a place to sit.

"I will be right back," he said as he grabbed something and headed off into another room. After about fifteen minutes he returned from the room he was in, the bathroom. Gone though was the big, bad, beastie. In his place was the smooth moving, lithe, athletic drow. His eyes took both of them in and then he looked at Arcadia. With a cocky grin on his face he said simply,"Remember me?"
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcadia Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:59 pm

::Arcadia allowed Dre to lead her to his room and when he opened the door she sat where he pointed out and watched him head off to the bathroom. She sat there quietly not sure what was going on. Once he came back in the room she was really confused and shocked at the fact that she saw Dre go in but saw someone different come out. She recognized him immediately and didn't have the courage to speak...she was afraid her voice would betray her and let her feelings out. She waited and stared and once she was able to get her heart to stop racing she spoke.::

Who are you and what did you do Dre? Where did he go? How did you get here? Where did you go after that night?

::She hurled questions at him and sat there with a questioning look on her face.::

Arcadia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:01 pm

Kyra walked with them to the inn and to Dre's room. She sat next to Arcadia and waited to see what was going on. Her eyes went wide when Dre went into the bathroom and a drow came out of the bathroom. She listened to the questions that Arcadia asked and looked back to the drow and waited for him to answer her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastie Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:19 pm

He started chuckling as Arcadia hurled questions like some gods threw lightning bolts. He spoke evenly and patiently, knowing this was going to be hard. He even kept a few other talents in check, after all his daughter was here with him.

"Well, dear Arcadia, I can answer the first three simply enough." With that he stuck out his forked tongue and wagged it at them. "As for where I went, if you recall you left before I awoke. Now I understand why. Though I am surprised you could move or walk at that.

"Now for as to how this came about and how I know. Well you see, as a dracon I have the chance to take the form of both races that mixed to make me. In this case Drow and a beastly form of the dragon. But as I am half fire drake, I have one other form. A form of pure shadow." The last was said as he looked at Kyra. He then stopped to let them digest that.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next