Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Questions and answers

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Questions and answers Empty Questions and answers

Post by Smut Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:35 am

Smut, a dimiuative little imp, bounded into the front room of the inn, and rushed straight to the desk. Spitting into his paw, he smoothed the fur back on his face and head, then straightened his blood-red topcoat. After thus preening, he hopped up onto the desk, and stared into the eyes of the person behind said desk. "Smut don't wish to be a pain, but Smut must find the one called Gawain. Smut's master must know his whereabouts, for Gawain is soon to be on his way out."

Smut

Back to top Go down

Questions and answers Empty Re: Questions and answers

Post by Leo Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:30 am

Leo had been at the desk again. He had to remember to request a phone to be installed in his room. The nice lady did not seem to be minding the fact that he used her shell-phone, as long as he did so when it wasn't an interference to work.

He had been working, on the phone with a contact, when next he knew he was eye to eye with an odd creature. It was not many people who stared into others eyes and Leo blinked and pulled his head back.

"I will call you again." is what he said into the phone before putting it down. "Hello. Are you thinking that Gawain has come through here?"

His line of work, you always were to ask the questions first.
Leo
Leo

Number of posts : 238

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:07 am

Venis had been walking down to check the status of her sign up sheet when she overheard someone at the desk. Hearing a certain thing said, she paused in her stride. She approached the desk. "Pardon me sir, would you happen to have a pen and paper behind the desk? I need to pen a quick note of reminder." With a quick wink to the gentleman behind the desk she smiled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:45 am

From the strange little creature, to the lady asking for items to write a note, Leo looked between the two and silently pulled out a pen and paper. He knew where they were for he often stole the supplies while doing work at the desk.

He replaced them so it was not much of a problem. "How strange to get a visitor at this hour. Do you agree?" giving her the supplies.
Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:55 am

She smiled knowingly. "I do agree, and thank you. If you do not mind, I will simply pen this here before I forget that which had crossed my mind." She began scrawling something on the paper. While doing so she addressed the visitor. "Perhaps I can help you with something sir?" She folded up the paper and set it aside. Seeing a second sheet below it she mumbled "Oh yea." And began scrawling on the second one as well. She 'accidentally' bumped the first paper down onto the desk in front of the nice man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:04 am

"Stay as long as you like."

She dropped her paper, but it was not a drop that was purely an accident even if it was made to look so. He had doctored many things and knew how to take the hint. Hopefully it was the right hint.

Down he moved to pick up what was dropped and, when picking up something a persons eyes looked it. This is what he did while he stood back up to his height, a backwards step taken in the process. It was done, of course, to get the paper.
Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:14 am

She looked at him and gave him a smile. Hoping that it portrayed what she wanted it to. "Perhaps I will, my other plans can wait." Venis most definitely could do flirtatious, especially with one so handsome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:29 am

Not too much into the way it had so boldly looked him in the eyes , he could wait for the creature on the desk to respond. For now he had reason enough to have his attention taken from him because the lady was speaking to him. Besides, she had dropped the sheet of paper.

He had this paper in his hand and he offered it back to her. In the palm of his hand, held in place by the thumb, he had the appearance of simply asking to shake hands. "I usually do not run into people while I am here at late hours. I am Leo. I do not believe I have seen you here yet." If she was going to tarry there, they should exchange names. He did so with an easy going smile.

"The Inn looks to be becoming a bypass center for information like many Inns and pubs. People are always coming and going."

Going being the highlighted word for the visitor to note.

He liked people.

Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:41 pm

She took the offered hand and slid the note from it. "You, Leo, may call me Venis." Not sure the name wold ring any bells for the Imp. "And our little Imp friend would be?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Smut Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:32 pm

))I apologize if my first font made anyone's face explode O.o Didn't know that font was so....woo. Sorry, sorry. Also, if the rhyming scheme is bovvering you, think of ME. I have to rhyme the stuff, then sit here and be embarrassed about how stupid it sounded!))

"My name, Venis-woman, is Smut, and I...I think here would not be the place for you to bide." The imp was getting worried. If that MAN had mad contact with the rest of these stinking humans, they may cover for him, and that meant the Master would send his Hounds. He didn't want to be left out when it came time for rewards, so he stepped a little closer to the man and grinned, showing a row of sharp, yet kind of nasty, teeth. "Leo, my...friend, 'tis fortune for me. I wish to find the Gawain.....by three? BUGGER! THAT WAS LAME!" Smut's eyes grew wide, and he practically choked on "Never again will that be the same! Right, then, Master cast a spell, that only in rhyme could the story I tell. This rite of entanglement caught me true, and then he sent me here to you."

Smut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:27 pm

Venis smiled at the Imp. "No worries Smut. I do believe I can hold my own. Now tell me, who is this you seek and why do you seek him?" She leaned against the counter like she was just some woman with a curious mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Smut Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:48 pm

Smut sighed, wondering if he would be speaking in these accursed rhymes forever, and hoping that he wouldn't start THINKING in rhymes as well, when the woman spoke. "Smut's mission, Lady, is not one for discussion, for Master, if he finds out, will give Smut a concussion." STUPID! He resolved to try again. "Master wishes to collect for the bargain 'twas struck. Gawain should not be pushing his luck. Hey, Lady, Master's words, not Smut's. Hey, I didn't speak in a rhyme! I wonder if I can do it a-a-a-another time! BUGGER!" Smut sat down, right there on the desk, and pouted. Yes, imps can pout too.

Smut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:09 am

A bargain? He had struck a bargain with someone. Great, now what? "Well, Smut, I think you're pretty safe from a concussion here. What do you think Leo?" She smiled at the man behind the counter. "But as far as telling you what you want to hear, I am afraid that we cannot help you." Not a lie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Smut Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:31 am

"Cannot help me? What a surprise. The Master will only gouge out my eyes. Smut's mission must be successful, or else. The Master has a....large...collection...or belts? Oh, that was rubbish!" Smut was perturbed, to say the least. These rhymes, they were making him want to vomit, and he'd only had half a rat since he left his Master's realm. "A message, then, to the Gawain. You see? Then maybe Master will not make a bad end of me. The message is this: Gawain, be you warned. Misdeal with the Master, and you'll wish you'd been scorned!" Smut gathered himself up, all eight inches of him, and hopped off of the desk. "I trust you will deliver this, Venis and Leo. If you don't, I fear we'll all be roasting this.....er, eve-o." They can't all be Shakespeare caliber, you know.

Smut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:54 am

She smiled again at the imp. "If I find this Gawain you seek I will deliver your message." Damn, she was thinking in rhymes and had to fight to not speak in them. Would she pass the message, oh yea. Would she once again stand behind her best friend to get him out of this mess he had found himself in, of course.

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:18 am

(I'm sorry. I couldn't resist)

While the two conversed Leo stood and pondered. The imp spoke in verse and his speech hardly flauntered. The fellow known as Gawain was in quite a mess but the lady Venis seemed to know what was best.

With a nod of his head, another step back Leo took and he contemplated his role in the imp's storybook. "People come and people go, if I see Gawain I will tell him what I know." It was the truth, no one could doubt it.

He looked at the imp and the lady in kind, before giving a wave and headed off to resign.
Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:32 am

((There you go! Nice, Leo-mun, lovin it!))

Smut growled a little, for they knew where He was, but he did his best to not get upset. "No gold have I, nor silver, nor brass. I fear that outside will be sleeping my ((You know.)). I know, I have a wondrous thought! Are there any filthy rats hereabouts to be fought? In return for a room, nay, a closet, a box! Smut will rid your inn of the rats....and....feed them lox? No, no, Smut misspeaks, he will kill them for food. Then you will be rat-free and Smut can here brood." He didn't say anything to the woman, merely nodded his diminuitive head in here direction. "Merely show me the way, and my fee I shall pay!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:29 am

((Fighting ... the ... urge ... and ... looses. And some of the muns around here know why I lost.))

She smiled at the Imp so small. "I will hear none of that at all. For I have seen no rats you see. And I've seen it all, trust me. Here is my offer unto you. I'm sure you will find this something new. For a nights stay I will gladly pay, if you tell me how to keep your master away."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:40 am

"Smut would like that, but what you ask....it's impossible, see, for it's part of my task. I'll dwell here a day, maybe two, maybe three. But before the full moon, Gawain must pay the fee. The Master will not be put off with ease. Gawain is required to pay his way, the same as me....s?" This was getting ridiculous! Smut couldn't speak without rhyme, and no one bovvered to teach the imp iambic pentameter, or even haiku!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:47 am

"Well, I hate to say this to Smut, but I really like kicking butt. And Gawain's my best friend you see, so your master must first get through me. Because to harm Gawain would be bad, it would definitely make this fireball mad. So if he comes with wicked thoughts in mind, warn him that I will fully repay in kind. I've not seen him in a while it's true, but you cannot say that I didn't warn you. So tell your master to bring nothing bad here, Or he'll anger me is that clear?" She put a gold piece upon the counter to cover Smuts room and continued on her previous path. She knew someone would be along, and Smuts master would probably face her wrath.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:56 am

Malacoda. Smut shuddered, thinking of his Master and his wrath. "My thanks, Lady, you may yet save my skin. Needless to say, Gawain doesn't know how much trouble he's in. Master wants him back, there's a war to be fought. Perchance Gawain never gave that part of the bargain much thought. So eager was he to return from the Dead, he struck the deal without using his head."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:17 am

She heard his words and her feet stopped cold, this argument was getting quite old. "I've told you already to leave him be, perhaps you master wants to tangle with me." She turned to face him with an angry glare. "Coming here will get him nowhere. For you see Gawain forgot one small detail, what happened to him once when I saved his tail. So your master can come if he so chooses, what will he think when he ultimately looses?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:32 am

"Gawain's tail cannot be saved, for the road to perdition therein lies paved. The Master beckons, he will not be denied. You, nor no one else, can save Gawain's hide." He glared at the woman defiantly, and turned away. "Only one path can save him now. He must honor his agreement, and to the Master he will bow. As for your threats against the Master, I speak truth. Only a fool would make such boasts and remain aloof." With a shake of his small head, he turned to exit the building. Sleeping under the hedges outside seemed a better choice than to stay in the company he had found. Malacoda would find Gawain, and drag him, body and soul, before the Malebolge. A warrior for Hell. That was Gawain's destiny now. Only one thing, and one person, would be able to stop the events that had already been set into motion. And he knew she wasn't here, nor would she arrive in time to help.

((My apologies for taking so long to respond. The time difference here, along with the work I've been doing, has kept me away. Sorry to all, especially to Gawain's player. I hope you can forgive me for the delay, and I am glad we are oceans apart. I'd hate to see what you'd do to me if I were close enough for you to get ahold of.))

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:17 pm

((Not a problem dear, WB.))

The rhyming had began to wear thin, and here he was telling he she couldn't win. Most of his words fell on deaf ears, for she had been away for too many years. She had a duty to uphold to her family and friends, and she would stand up and do it until time ends. He spoke of an agreement and to a master he'd bow, she chuckled and smiled and arched an eyebrow. "Get yourself a room Smut for soon you will see, not everyone here is as wicked as me. I look forward to meeting this master of yours, he will know what he's in for once he crosses these floors." She left the gold on the counter as she turned to go, she was going to have fun giving everyone a show.

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:29 am

Madeline saw Lady Venis throw some coins on the counter. She didn't see the imp there. Lady Venis what are the coins for, you checking out?'
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Number of posts : 1173

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next