Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Once Upstairs

2 posters

Go down

Once Upstairs Empty Once Upstairs

Post by B.D. Adams Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:40 pm

His intention was not to go into the living quarters of the Inn. Never one who really enjoyed confined spaces he would have preferred the openness of the bar, or one of the other areas of main floor. The events of moments before gave him the impression that to ask any more questions of those people would only result in more convoluted ideas and heightened paranoia. Others, he was sure, would not find the same humor in it as he.

Therefore, he would find the answer out for himself. He enjoyed a hunt.

Stepping up on the final step Benjamin now stood at the top of the first floor and straightened his posture. He would have continued to the next floor if his senses had not told him that this was the floor he needed. Many people resided on this floor and he would need a moment to mark out the known smells from the new ones. And to find the one he wanted. He made careful scan of the hall before leaving the confines of the stairwell and proceeding down the hall.

Brush of his hand over his head to remove excess fragments of the meal the other had been having. These remnants he kept in one hand, the other pulling out a bit of cloth from the pocket of his jeans, he discarded his contents here before putting the cloth back in his pocket. No doubt it was on the stairs and even in the hall. The male really should watch how he eats. Seeing internal matter speckling the living and social areas could not be good on the Inn’s appearance.

It was a good thing he wasn’t hungry, though as the night wore on that wouldn’t matter much.

For now he was just as calm and held his casual sway. His hands flexed at his sides as he walked.

B.D. Adams
B.D. Adams

Number of posts : 198

Back to top Go down

Once Upstairs Empty Re: Once Upstairs

Post by Vesta Voui Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:24 pm

Having new clothes was a wonderful thing - even if they were not exactly new clothes, they were new to her and that was the point. Not much had been seen of Vesta since all of them had gotten back from that shopping-trip-gone-wild, she had been busy exploring more of this place called Rhy'din. Aside from that she needed to have some way to pay for the room she was in, the people from before had only taken care of a few days.

Didn't matter to her, odd jobs were her speciality. Just don't ask what she was doing and things would be a-okay. She was even able to get an item or two on her own.

Evening and she had no place to go right now so she thought about touching base with the people in the Inn. Though she hadn't had time to meet up with them before she knew that there were more people. Going in and out of a place you noticed things like that.

Bell-bottom jeans, belt chain hanging from one loop to the other, and a cap-sleeve red shirt with a black and white stripped tie, Vesta made her way down the hall, slowing as she saw someone she didn't recognize. He's cute. That was her first thought. She might never leave this place - even if she ever found out how - if all the guys were as cute as the ones she saw so far.

The guy didn't really seem to know where he was going, he had that browsing look about him. Maybe he was looking for his room.

"Lost?" She asked. Still a ways away from him, but he could see her. The multi-colored hair of her's made her easy to spot. "I was too when I first checked in. You'd think finding your room would be easy."
Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Number of posts : 316

Back to top Go down

Post by B.D. Adams Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:51 pm

Checked in? Obviously she was mistaking him for having acquired a room in the Inn. There was not a lot of need to tell her otherwise. Perhaps later, but not now. She obviously was renting a room here and looked at ease in the place.

The girl in front of him, she was young, he could tell that not only by the way she looked, but she did not have the long age quality about her. And she was pretty, not remembering the last time he had seen someone with many colors purposely put into their hair.

Disregarding the stains on his burnt orange shirt he stilled his hands and gave her a smile. "Finding things in a new place can be hard. New places bring distractions that deter us from our goal." He could ask her. She had a friendly feel about her and didn't smell of fear. The ladies at the bar hadn't either before there was a call for panic.

Steadily he started to approach her, she was in the direction he had been going. Footsteps were lightly treaded for a man wearing boots and he kept his eyes upon her. He gave her a smile. "Hello pretty, what's your name? My name is Benjamin Daniel Adams."
B.D. Adams
B.D. Adams

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:16 am

He had one of those professor names. She could imagine him being a teacher in her college, teaching History or even math. No. History. She would never fail that subject if he was her teacher.

"Benjamin. Ever teach in school? Just a thought." She had to say it. It was burning on her tongue. "My name is Vesta. Vesta Voui, I stay in the room down the hall there. So..whatcha in for? You from here? I don't see any baggage."

Taking up her usual pose of hands behind her head she smiled at him. "And if you think I'm pretty, you should see some of the other females in this place." She did notice his shirt with the goo on it.

"Got into a tangle on the way here?"
Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by B.D. Adams Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:16 pm

Vesta Voui. The name had a way of rolling off of the tongue and made him think of a 'great vision' or open space of an establishment. She had an interesting name and she could make a welcome addition to his collection.

His tongue peeked out between his lips as he added a bit of moisture to them. Her posture changed, she still seemed relaxed if not in the nervous relaxed way people have about them when they meet someone new.

Her questions deserved a response and perhaps, if he shed a bit of light on why he was here, she would be more willing to help him. Things were always easier when the participant was willing. It would be a shame for things to get out of hand, especially during these next few days. He took another step closer to her, his shoulders squared and his eyes steady. "A males food got on me. I passed him coming up the stairs. A bit of a sloppy eater." It might give the impression of a predator looking at it's prey, the way he was looking at her, though that is not what was intended.

He stopped an arms reach away from her. "I will level with you. I'm not looking for my room, I have not checked in. I am looking for a lady, perhaps you know of her." He knew she was here. Her scent was over the halls. "Brown skin, tall, dark hair, long skirt. Perhaps answers to the name De'Ryanna."

He patiently awaited. He could have carried about his way, but this young one did not seem to mind talking to him.

B.D. Adams
B.D. Adams

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesta Voui Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:29 pm

So he didn't have a room. Or was it that he didn't have a room yet? She hoped it was the latter though she probably had many new faces to get use to already. There was something about the way he looked at her, like he was trying to interrogate her, but in a seemingly friendly sorta way, that made her extend her left foot and slide in that direction just for a bit of distance. This guy had a type of authoritative manner. No nonsense.

"Uh.. yeah I know her." She had checked her in, that was the extent of her knowledge really. "Not really sure what room is hers. She's usually at the desk, I guess." That's where she was when she first met her.

"If you go about getting a room, or go there, she'll probably show up." Although, since he was asking for her he might not be wanting to get a room from her. "Friend of hers?"
Vesta Voui
Vesta Voui

Back to top Go down

Post by B.D. Adams Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:31 pm

It was good advice, and it was honest advice. She didn't shift her eyes or any of those other small things that young people often did when they were trying to fib or stretch a portion of the truth. What she was, was curious and a tad wary by how she moved to the side.

While he was no longer a slave to the moon as many creatures of his kind, the call was still there running through his blood and it sought to draw him like a moth to the proverbial flame. Here she was, sweet Miss Vesta Voui, standing easily within his grasp, and not expecting a thing. Her scent was growing stronger and creeping its way into the central core of his brain.

He should not be around all these doors. Or alone in the hallway. She wasn't who he had come for.

Flexing his fingers at his side once again, this time a joint or two cracked under the effort of control, but all remained calm. Benjamin looked past her to the doors on either side. It could be any one of those doors, in fact, now he knew precisely which one. Seeing her behind a closed door may not be the best recommendation.

There was a sigh, though it sounded more like a low growl, as his attention snapped back to the young girl. "Friends? Not exactly. The desk you said? Very well then. Thank you."

Quick and short sentences. He took another glance past Vesta and down the hall before he pivoted on his heel and turned around to head back to the stairwell. "The desk it is then."
B.D. Adams
B.D. Adams

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down