Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Travel worn

Go down

Travel worn Empty Travel worn

Post by Leo Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:02 pm

"And let me tell you something, you, you, you ...." Leo had never been good at yelling at people. Considering himself to be a primed and proper man of stature he always thought cursing and yelling until a person was blue in the face a primitive act. There were better ways to go about things.

Who was the primitive one now? Surely he looked the part as he stood on the cobblestones, fist shaking in the air at the Inn's proprietor. He had just been thrown out of his fourth Inn.

"You don't know who you're kicking out!"

The proprietor walked down the top two steps of the Inn, his ham hock sized hand balled into a fist and held out in a threatening manner. His voice was raw as he spoke. "Tell that boss of yours that I ain't working for him no more. I ain't' have nothing to do with that killing and I ain't being tied to it in any way! Now get the Hell away from my Inn!"

The yelling, and the possibility of a fight, had begun to draw a crowd. Some people trying to be nonchalant in looking while others watched shamelessly. Quite too many people for Leo's preference. Collecting his pride he popped the collar on his jacket and, without a word, turned to walk away. Pushing past the onlookers.

What was he going to do now? His Master was due to arrive in a weeks time and he still hadn't secured lodgings. He would have been fine with staying in the oceanside villa outside of the city, but had been given explicit instructions to steer clear of it. Possibly for the better anyway - there had been a lot of people snooping around. Various officials from both sides of the fence. He had already made such a mess of things that if he even attempted to tamper in what was going on there it would all surely go to Hell in a hand basket. And he'd be the hand basket.

What he needed was a place that was outside the city. He had seen a few advertisements for this new place in New Haven. It was worth checking out. He had the flier. Somewhere. It was going to take him a bit to walk to New Haven from his current position. Good thing he didn't have any luggage with him. Then he really would have looked below his station. No. Luggage and other things of various importance, were at their various places.

In any case he made his way to the city of New Haven and found the Inn easy enough. He didn't stop by the reception desk. After the travel he was thirsty and a bit hungry as well. This was an Inn so he was wanting to get something to take the wear of the road off of him first.

That's why he sat at the bar, in one of the stools. Stretching his hands out before him he waited for someone to come by.

Leo

Back to top Go down

Travel worn Empty Re: Travel worn

Post by Armandeus Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:13 pm

He wouldn't have long to wait for it would be only minutes later that the kitchen door would come rattling open. Emerging from the kitchen would be the Master Chef, carefully balancing a large tray filled with dark colored glass bottles and a stack of assorted glasses.

Despite the door being only a foot or so away from the bar he was moving slowly, his eyes trained on the cup carefully perched upon the top of the stack. The cup that wobbled dangerously with every step he took. The last few steps were taken in a hurry, the tray sat on the bar just in time for a hand to reach out and grab the falling glass.

Cup in hand, it was that point that he noticed the man sitting at the bar. A grin on his face, he moved to address him. "Welcome to the Tel'Ranaemyn Inn. How can I help you?"
Armandeus
Armandeus

Number of posts : 179

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:05 pm

Ah. There it was. Service. Unlike the last few places he had visited, this man was neither rancid nor was he looking ready to chew nails. Fact was, this whole place was rather nice. Nothing smelled dead or rotten.

"Can you make a decent stack of pancakes? All I need are about three or four. With blueberries if you got some." Th last few places he hadn't ordered anything but a glass of wine, and even that had been watered down. Looking like a decent place he expected it had decent food.

For the trouble he reached into his pocket and pulled out a silve, sliding it across the bar.

"I also need accommodations. Can I work those out with you or do I have to find someone else?"

Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Armandeus Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:03 am

"One stack of blueberry pancakes, coming right up! Would you like anything with them, perhaps syrup or jam? And what to drink?" Armandeus was far from rancid or nail-chewing, in fact the Elf looked rather cheerful. How could he not be when he was asked to cook? If there was one thing he enjoyed, it was cooking.

The silver coin that was pushed towards him was given a glance before it would be pushed back towards its owner. "Please keep it. I enjoy cooking, and have never seen how you can put a price on such enjoyment. If you insist upon payment I will accept your opinion upon the food."

Lucky for him Armandeus had snatched some of the papers needed to rent a room, and placed them under the bar. You never knew when they would come in handy! Reaching down, he picked them up as well as a pen, sitting them on the bar in front of the man. "Just fill these out please and I shall see about getting you a room."
Armandeus
Armandeus

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:32 pm

"I shall require the best room that you have. Something that is not overly crowded. Two beds," the thought occurred to him while looking over the papers he was given. Always look things over, even the fine print.

Being in the business he knew about settling negotiations and signing papers before looking them over. Most people tended to simply sign their name and be done with it. Not him. If it were not due to the teachings of his Master he would not know any better. But he had the teachings, and he knew better.

The papers had a section asking how long the stay would be. This he did not know and he called after the Elf who was busy making the food.

"The stay will be for an indefinite amount of time. I hope this shall not be a problem. And I will take a simple cup of tea please." The response to the earlier question.

The coin that was offered and returned, Leo did not touch. He let it stay upon the table despite what the man had told him about not needing to pay.

Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Armandeus Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:49 am

"I would recommend the last room on the upper hall. It holds two beds, and I believe it would be suitable to your needs." The Elf's voice floated out through the open kitchen door along with the tantalizing smell of fresh pancakes.

There would be a moment of silence from Armandeus then, broken only by the clattering of dishes. Emerging from the kitchen he carried a tray holding the plate of pancakes, silverware, and the cup of tea. Placing the tray on the bar, he began moving the items from it to place before the man. "I was not informed of any restrictions regarding how long one stays, so I do not think that shall be a problem." The tray now empty, he placed it aside.
Armandeus
Armandeus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down