Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Boarding her presents

2 posters

Go down

Boarding her presents Empty Boarding her presents

Post by Guest Mon May 10, 2010 7:08 pm

Kyra was up a little earlier than usual but felt well rested and there were tasks that needed to be taken care of before she went to the forge for the day. Preparing herself for the day she showered with lavender soap for both her hair and body giving herself the artificial sent since she has taken after her father and has no scent. She had already set out some clothes and set off to do her hair and put on a hint of makeup but not enough anyone would notice right off that she was wearing any. Finally after she dressed in a pair of black pants and a lavender button down shirt with quarter sleeves and black boots, she put on a pair of earrings and a bracelet. Both pieces of jewelry had diamonds in them and sparkled when the light hit them. Considering herself ready to go out she moved quietly through the house and out of the front door but not before placing a note on her parents' bedroom door letting them know what she was up to. It simply said off to the inn and then to the forge.

Once she was outside she smiled seeing the horses were not a dream. Placing the saddle and reigns back on Slepnir she pet him after she pulled herself into the saddle. Leaning down still petting him she whispered their destination to him. He was a smart horse and listened to what she said to him. Slepnir headed off in the direction she wanted him to go but it was not in a run more of a slow walk as they were not in any big hurry to get to the inn. Unsure of where she needed to go for fact about what she was wanting she stopped him when they came up to the stables. Maybe someone was there that could tell her how this worked. Sliding down off the saddle she held up a hand hoping he would stay put for now. Seeing he was she moved into the stables and called out.

"Hello, anyone here?"

She stopped close to the front not wanting to scare anyone that may or may not be there.

Back to top Go down

Boarding her presents Empty Re: Boarding her presents

Post by Oliver Tue May 11, 2010 11:12 am

As it was early the stable boy Oliver was sitting atop of some hay bundles eating his breakfast. Armandeus had made biscuits, sausage and eggs and put them all on the plate but Oliver had decided to tear the biscuit apart and pile the other two items between the two halves and eat it that way. Maybe he'd tell the elf about sandwiching the breakfast one day and see how that went. Probably would think he was odd for such a thing and to eat proper, but at least there was no one out here to tell him how to eat. Then the door opened and suddenly he wasn't alone anymore.

Kyra came in and a bit of light hit the jewelry she was wearing and it made the boy go 'Ohh' at the sparklies. She must be a rich person, is what he thought as he jammed another mouthful of his breakfast into his mouth, working his jaw to chew and swallow so he could talk without spraying everywhere. When he did speak there was still food in his mouth, but he could be understood.

"'Allo. Huv a 'orse dat needs shabling?" Well, that's what happens when you speak with your mouth full.

Oliver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 11, 2010 4:37 pm

Kyra just blinked at the boy and thought he needed some manners about eating with food in his mouth. She blinked a few times a little bit startled as she didn't see him initially.

"Hello. Yes I need a place to put my horses. But I wanted to see about bartering for the boarding fee. Who would make those decisions?"

She paused and hoped he had enough time to swallow his breakfast before he answered those questions.

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Tue May 11, 2010 5:46 pm

That boy did need to learn a thing or two about manners.

When Kyra told him what she wanted he had nodded after taking another bite of his breakfast sandwich and held up a finger, asking her to wait, as he took the side door that exited directly into the back of the Inn. It was with a mouth full of food that he went and found De'Ryanna balancing the books in the Meeting Hall. She left him there to finish eating his food like a civilized person and went to see what he had been trying to tell her about the stables.

Entering she was smiling politely as always and gave Kyra a tip of her head. "Greetings to you. Sorry about Oliver, he reminds me of why I have him working in the stables." Since she came in the same way the boy had left she didn't know about the horse Kyra had.

"He said something about you needing assistance?"
De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Number of posts : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 11, 2010 6:11 pm

Kyra nodded and waited seeing the boy leave. With a slight shake of her head she started thinking about somethings until she heard the woman's voice. Seeing De'Ryanna come in she looked up and smiled.

"Good to see you again and yes I do need some help. I have two horses I would like to board when they are not in use. And I was going to see about trading some services in order to pay for the boarding fees."

She waited not wanting to rush into any agreements before she had a chance to think on it.

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Thu May 13, 2010 10:48 am

The stables could house eight horses comfortably and there were currently only six stalls being used, as there were extra boarding the two that Kyra would need would not be a problem. Knowing this is why De'Ryanna gave a slow nod of her head. "We have room for your animals. You say you'd like to trade services?"

Monetary transactions had their benefits but she would not turn away items or service in exchange for things either as sometimes that worked out better. Besides, she knew that Dreconis own a forge and if she wasn't mistaken then Kyra was his daughter. To make sure, she would ask.

"You work at a forge, correct? With your father Darkmane?" Asking was the only way to be sure. "If this is true then the barter of shoes for the horses her in the stable, and possible repairs to bridles and saddles, can be had for the care of your animals. I assure you that while they are in the care of the Inn they will be treated well in attendance, food, and exercise."

That was the deal she lay out on the proverbial table.
De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor Thu May 13, 2010 12:11 pm

Connor had turned to speak to De'Ryanna only to see her walking out and being replaced by a boy who smelled of eggs and sausages. "Great, I get stuck with the kid! No offense, kiddo. Hold this?" He didn't wait for an answer, hoping the kid would understand why he was rushing off. At least he handed the blunt end of the pitchfork to him!

He skidded to a halt right behind De'Ryanna, opening his mouth to say something about not really knowing what to do next, but he noticed someone else there. "Hey, I remember you. You're that girl from the other night...the one with the eyes. Crystal! Yeah, that's it. What, you stay here too?" He realized he had over-spoken, and looked to De'Ryanna like a kid caught with his hand halfway in the cookie jar. "I know, I'm supposed to be working. I'm on it." He reached for the reins of the horse, and realized that he had seriously screwed up. Horses didn't like wolves, and he was not only sweaty, he was radiating pheromones for some reason that we aren't discussing. The black stallion reared, and just as quick as a blink, he had jumped in front of the beast.

He was hoping De'Ryanna didn't get offended at being shoved as he moved over to get the other woman out of the way. The horse was looking for a place to run to, his eyes rolling and showing whites as he chewed at his bit. He saw that he wouldn't make it quickly enough to keep the horse from tap-dancing on Kyra, so he dove at her, managing two things. Kyra landed quite nicely on a forgotten hay-bag, and Connor caught a hoof right between the eyes. He rolled to a stop, coming up on all fours, teeth bared in a snarl. "Cheap-shotting ba-" He caught himself there. Wouldn't do to curse in front of two ladies.

Great, a headache. Not to mention there was three of everything and he smelled his own blood. "Whoa! Hey, horse, I'm not going to...bloody hell!" He closed his eyes and held out a hand. Projecting an aura of calmness toward the glue-factory, he cleared his mind and allowed his thought processes to become more lupine. Please calm down, four-legs. I do not hunt your kind, nor do my brothers. We would stay away from those who ride you except for we are like them, after a fashion. Besides, your owner is kind of cute, and maybe we can work this out so I come out looking awesome? There's a few pounds of carrots in it for you, and maybe a bag of apples to go with it? He was, by and large, untutored, but the mind of a horse couldn't be that far from what he was used to. If you didn't learn mindspeak as a wolf immediately, you got your pelt torn off of you in pieces until you did. Wolves don't like strays from other packs hunting in their territory, and they would warn you before they attacked. No wolf attack was unannounced or unprovoked.

Last edited by Connor on Sun May 16, 2010 6:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Connor
Connor

Number of posts : 72

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 13, 2010 2:20 pm

Before she had a chance to finish her dealings with De'Ryanna, Connor walked in flapping his trap so it seemed to Kyra. Before she had a chance to say anything she heard Slepnir raising the devil at Connor. Next thing she saw was Connor diving toward her and managed to get her out of harms way and injure himself. Not entirely sure of how this all happened or why her horse was acting the way he was she sat there stunned for a time and got a feeling Connor was trying to make nice with him. Moving between them with no fear she raised her hand to Slepnir and spoke softly.

"Be still. He is not going to harm either of us. Calm down."

Still rearing back to make another swipe at the beast in front of him and causing a stink as the beast was now in his head. But there was a voice that Slepnir heard loud and clear and began to obey it. Coming down still angry and being protective of his owner he snorted as sarcastically as an animal can, as if to say -yeah he won't hurt us sure.- Slepnir trusted no wolf especially one who hid in men. Still snorting as he inched toward his owner to guard her from the beast.

Kyra pet Slepnir again to reassure him that she was ok and no harm was coming to her. Once she was sure of that she turned toward Connor and De'Ryanna.

"Are you both ok? I'm sorry Connor I don't know what got into him."

She felt bad and wanted to help but wasn't sure what she could do to help at the moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor Thu May 13, 2010 6:08 pm

He stood up, embarrassed and a little bloody. He had a small cut on his forehead which was closing quickly, but those type of cuts bled quickly. That's what he got for showing his ass. "Horse doesn't know any better. He smelled a predator and reacted. Listen, I'm sorry guys. I just kind of reacted. Still getting used to being around other people." He shrugged slightly. Seemed that when he wasn't being a flirtatious jackass, he could be thoughtful as well.

His eyes went over to De'Ryanna, obviously embarrassed still. "Uh, are you alright?" He pressed the heel of his hand into his forehead, wincing. "Damn. There's still a blur. I'm gonna go sit down for a minute, if that's cool."
Connor
Connor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 13, 2010 6:17 pm

Seeing the blood and listening to him she looked around seeing what appeared to be a clean rag and grabbed it. Moving over to him cautiously not sure why he said Slepnir smelled a predator but she wasn't scared to go over to him. Once he sat down she smacked at his hand so he would move it and placed the rag on the cut.

"Are you sure you're ok?"

Looking to De'Ryanna to make sure she was ok too and didn't need medical assistance and heaven help her if she did because she was not a healer. Hoping she was ok she looked back to him to see if the bleeding stopped cause unfortunately for them it was making her a little queasy but she wasn't about to tell either of them that. Placing the rag back she spoke again trying to get her mind off of the blood.

"Kyra not Crystal."

A soft sigh would come from her as she stood there waiting for the bleeding to stop and for all she knew it could have by now.

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Thu May 13, 2010 11:31 pm

Fortunately it was only a shove, if it had been anything more then something may have happened. De'Ryanna had good balance control so when she was moved she managed to stay on her feet and had spun around in time to see the horse hit Connor on the forehead. The events that happened after that were - to her - interesting. For one, the horses never responded to her like that but then again, she was female and she wasn't giving off the same scent that he was. She also had let the animals in the stable know who was in charge so they wouldn't give her any trouble. Connor had chosen to stabilize the horse in a different way.

It was a good thing that Kyra had been there and aided him as she did because with what she could smell coming from him, Ryanna needed to make sure she was level enough to handle it. "I'm fine. Kyra, thank you for tending to Connor. Hopefully he gets a reign on things as he works here in the stables. I hope that what happened will not change your mind about having your horses board with us."

Kyra seemed to be doing okay and the horse seemed more at ease. With a quick exhale she made her way to the two of them but closer to Connor. "His head will be okay, is there anything special we need to know of the horses?"

Then she shifted her eyes to Connor. "If your headache persist, i can tend to it after business is done." Many things were 'after business' with her.

De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 13, 2010 11:52 pm

She listened to De'Ryanna but was still concerned at any rate. Looking back over to Slepnir she wondered if there was anything they needed to know about them both. With a slight shake of her head she spoke again.

"I have not changed my mind. Although this one might want to stay away from Slepnir for a while as I'm not so sure he won't try to attack him again. But as for our previous discussion of bartering, yes I am Dre's daughter and I also am co-owner of the forge. So we will trade as you suggested. As for is there anything you should know about them, well this is Slepnir, he belongs to me. The other horse is Dalninil and she is a present for my little sister."

She stopped rambling for a few moments and turned back to Connor and thought to answer a previous question he had asked her.

"And to answer your question, no I don't live at the inn. I live in a house my father built not so far from here."

She stopped there forgoing mentioning that it's protected and all that great stuff. Instead she checked his head again to see if the bleeding stopped and it seems to have stopped. Taking her hand from his head and tried to find an appropriate place for the rag.

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor Sun May 16, 2010 6:12 am

He smiled, nodding to Kyra slowly. "Thanks. Nothing more than a minor headache now, probably soon to pass as well." Looking over to De'Ryanna, he smiled. "I've been told that my head could be used as a battering ram, so I should be fine. Might want to remind me to check the horse's hoof before I finish up in there. It'd be a shame if he cracked it kicking me." He chuckled, glancing over to the horse in question. "Slepnir, did you say? A fine name. If memory serves, it is Norse in origin, taken from one of the All-Father's own horses. Or the only one, it's been quite a while since I read the stories. Good thing the name is the only feature they share. I don't like my odds against eight hooves as opposed to four."

Shaking his head slowly, he got up from his seat. "Ah well, coffee break's over, back on my head." He chuckled again at the punchline of a joke he had heard recently, and started back into the stable to get back to work. "Hey, maybe we could sit down sometime and speak, Kyra. Sounds like you run a forge, and I might ask about a job sometime in the future." He shrugged nonchalantly, then smirked. "Never know, the next kick I get might be aimed at something more tender than my head."
Connor
Connor

Back to top Go down

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun May 16, 2010 3:48 pm

The good news was that despite what had happened with Connor and the horse Kyra was still wanting to have her horses boarded here. That worked out perfectly and told her that Kyra was not a person to let her opinions of a place be based upon one singular event. It was also a good thing that Connor had a hard head and to that comment she made a simple "hmm."

Dusting off her hands on the front of her skirt she looked at him and then to Kyra. "Well now, it seems that everything is settled here. Connor, if you will direct her to two clean stables where the horses will be housed I will go ahead and write up a contract with what she and I have agreed on and leave the paper at the front desk for her to sign." Connor's head was going to be okay and it sounded as he had other business to discuss with Kyra so there was no need for her to interfere.

"Thank you for your business Kyra. If Connor here gives you any trouble me know." Not that she thought he would but it was said anyway. With that she headed out of the Stables.
De'Ryanna Aybara
De'Ryanna Aybara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 16, 2010 7:24 pm

Kyra smiled back at him hoping he wasn't telling fibs about his head. She already felt bad enough that her horse kicked him but was trying her best to let it go. Listening to what he said about the horse she shrugged a little not sure of the origin of the name.

"I'm not sure of the origin of his name. The person who gave him to me named him and was specific that I couldn't change it."

Shrugging again just a little she continued to listen and think about what he said about a job.

"I wouldn't want to take you away from your current job but I'm sure we could sit down and talk about it soon. I hope he gets more acquainted with you and refrains from kicking again."

A slight laugh given when she heard De'Ryanna and listened to what she had to say to them both. Nodding just a bit she spoke to her.

"Thank you as well and I'm glad we could come to some sort of arrangement. I think I can handle any trouble he tries to give me."

That said with a slight laugh and a smirk crossing her lips. Kyra turned back toward him as De'Ryanna left and she waited to be shown those empty spaces so she could escort Slepnir there before she left him to his work. The smirk still perfectly in tact as she watched him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor Tue May 18, 2010 9:18 am

His brow had raised itself at the banter between the two women, but he let it slide. Nodding his understanding at the name and specifics, he would slowly stretch himself, preparing to get back to work. "Sounds fine, really. I'm sure De'Ryanna wouldn't mind me testing myself in more than one area, to see what sticks."

A smile played at his lips for a moment. "Hm. You sure about that? You have just met me. What if I'm some sort of maniac ax-murderer?" A pause here. "No, I'm not. Bloody useful, axes. Why would I murder one?" Ha. He turned on his heel and began walking back into the stables. "Right over here, they're side by side so you won't have to remember two locations." Neither will I, he added silently. He was sure that he'd see the end of the horse poo soon, but he wasn't much for gambling.
Connor
Connor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 18, 2010 10:01 am

A slight laugh would come from her as he spoke of potentially being an axe murderer. She got the feeling before he even said he was he wasn't that he was joking with her.

"I'm quite certain I could actually. But as you said we just met."

She followed moved over to Slepnir and grabbed his reigns and began following behind him to see where the horses would be housed. As they approached the stall she looked around to make sure she would know which one to get to from now on and where to bring the other. Leading Slepnir in she began taking off his saddle and bridle. Without looking back to him she spoke softly.

"Thanks for your help and trying to remember two locations would be bad. I can be a bit of a blonde at times and as forgetful as one too."

She didn't mean that as a bad thing it has just been her experience with people. Making sure Slepnir was settled in as much as she could she turned to him with a smile.

"He is settled in and I hope he doesn't cause you to many problems going forward. I will let you get back to your other work. I'm sure you can find a way to find me if you want to talk again. And I will be back with the other horse soon."

Leaving things there she pet Slepnir and whispered to him before she walked out of the stall and out of the stable but not fast enough where he couldn't continue a conversation if he wanted to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor Wed May 19, 2010 7:21 am

He smiled, waving silently to her. "Don't be a stranger, now. It gets rather boring in here, what with the lack of anything to listen to other than horse flatulence. Drop by anytime, I should be here. If not, the kid will know where to find me." He waved once more, then turned to head back to work. He had about four standard kilometers of glue-factory to brush, and it wouldn't do itself. A slow smile crept across his features. "Ah well, lads and lasses, let's get you lot brushed and fed. And none of the high-sticking there, Slappy." Already had a nickname for the kicker! "I love my job, oh I love my joooob...." He continued in a vaguely smart-assed sing-song voice.
Connor
Connor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down