Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

When the kid is bored (open)

Go down

When the kid is bored (open) Empty When the kid is bored (open)

Post by Madeline Cauthon Thu May 06, 2010 12:05 am

. While her father told her to go shopping for some clothes, and other things, what ever that meant, Madeline wanted to explore the inn first. The first thing that popped in her mind was that when Hands had showed her Gawain's name on the registry she had also seen a room that had her name. Wow there was some one else at the inn with her exact name. She simply had to meet this person. She remembered the person was in room one-sixteen. Madeline made her way to room one-sixteen. When she got there she knocked on the door. When she knocked the door opened slightly. Weird she thought. Madeline pushed the door open a little bit more and stepped inside. "Hello, is there a Madeline Cauthon here?"

There was no answer. Seeing how this person had her name, she decided she could go in. When she went in, she found the room empty. Maddie decided to do what curious nine year olds do best, plunder. She started with the dresser. The first drawer had lots of tank tops. The second had jeans, and a few leather pants. Maddie shook her head. Why someone would want to wear something like that she would never know. The third drawer had only one thing in it. A beautiful silver flask. Maddie picked it up and shook it. There was somekind of liquid inside. She remembered that her dad, and unle Dre and Gareth had one. She also remembered that they would never have what was inside. So being that she was alone, and no one around to tell her no, she opened it and took a drink. "Orange juice? Why won't Daddy let me have orange juice. Grown ups, go figure."

Seeing that there was nothing else interesting in the room, she took another sip of the flask. Putting the lid back on it she stuck the flask in the back of her jeans and headed to find a tv.

She managed to find the lounge. Jack pot! This place does have a tv after all. She walked over to the television set and turned it on. She flipped through the channels till she found an interesting show about some blonde girl that poked vampires with a stake. "Cool." Madeline walked back over to the couch and plopped down. Taking the flask of "orange juice" out she took the top off, sat back and enjoyed the show. She was definitely feeling more relaxed.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Number of posts : 1173

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

When the kid is bored (open) Empty Re: When the kid is bored (open)

Post by Madeline Cauthon Fri May 07, 2010 9:36 am

As the television show went off, Maddie felt her stomach growl. She was getting hungry. Maddie stood up feeling a little dizzy. Must of been the lack of food she thought. Because orange juice just didn't do that. Madeline turned off the tv and made her way to the bar. When she got to the bar she climbed up on the bar stool and waited to see if someone would wait on her.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger Fri May 07, 2010 1:09 pm

"I wonder how long you'll be able to stay, mew, in that chair before falling."

Now this black and orange stripped cat was no fool. This was a child and they hardly knew how to handle an animal half the time, this is why he stayed a nice and safe distance from her while she was at the bar. This cat was on the counter behind it where some of the supplies were kept as well as things for quick meals. His stayed at his 'safe distance' as he watched her, his tail beating against the counter.

"I saw you, murr, in the Lounge." The fact was that the feline had been enjoying a quiet little nap in that room under one of the couches, but then that infernal picture box came on and his quiet was disturbed. He had sneaked around and saw it was a child.. a familiar looking one but still a child and one that he had no responsibility to watch. And he didn't.

So he left the Lounge and went to the Bar area to curl in the dry sink behind the bar - no one was there and the Inn was pretty quiet. Besides, he could access food if he wanted. Now this cat was enjoying his nap once more when his ear perked and he heard her come in. Thus, the reason he was talking to her now.

"Now you're here. Bored with your pictures?" There was a bit of a rumble from him as he watched.

Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Fri May 07, 2010 1:25 pm

Madeline was kind of daydreaming when she heard a voice. Not really paying attention she answered. "What makes you think I'm gonna fall...Hey a kitty. A talking kitty

Madeline realized she was talking to a talking cat. "Awww you're so cute!! Can I ask you something? How come you like to smell other kitties butts, and why are cats scared of dogs?"

Realizing she was rambling she stopped. She was excited because she had never seen a talking cat before. "If you saw me in the lounge, why didn't you say hi.? Oh you must of been taking a cat nap. Sorry, I didn't know you were there, otherwise I would have turned the television down."

Madeline's stomach started growling again. "Not really bored, just wanted something to eat. I'm suppose to be running an errand for my Daddy, but I kind of got sidetrack. Don't suppose if ya know someone who's working here do ya?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger Fri May 07, 2010 1:46 pm

The cat turned up his nose and pointedly flicked his tail at the thought of sniffing other felines. Especially in the posterior area. "You must be talking about dogs." A rolling purr from his throat. "Those flea invested canines, mrow, stick their noses in anything." Just the thought of it made him take a paw and brush his nose.

A talking Kitty, pft. That certainly wasn't new to him, sometimes he thought of advertising that first off but then he didn't want to waste the effort. "Canine's have a superiority complex. Many cats act afraid." When they really were not. It was a matter of keeping a cats true ability low-key. "And, meow, if you're suppose to be gone then you should disappear. Mow. You already used your free time on the screen."

"Vanish before you father, murr, comes looking for you." Though, if he just left her as is she may stay, wouldn't she? The cat hopped down out of the sink and the bar hid him a moment or two until he jumped up on the bar top. He was still out of arms reach. He dropped the apple on the counter - he had been holding it in his teeth by the stem - and used a front paw to roll it towards her. He didn't answer on whether or not he knew someone who worked there.

Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Fri May 07, 2010 1:54 pm

Madeline thought on the cat's words as he spoke in the differences between cats and dogs. "Huh I never really thought about it that way. But I guess it does make since."

She watched the cat hop down and come back with the apple. She grinned. "Thank you kitty." Madeline took a bite. She wasn't about to go anywhere, not when there is a talking cat to talk to. "Oh I'm not worried about my dad. He seems tough, but he's just a big softy. By the way you never told me your name. Mine is Maddie."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger Sun May 09, 2010 12:47 am

"Oh, Maddie is it?" He mewed as he sat, still at a safe distance and wrapped his tail around him as he did. Hopefully she would eat all of the apple, it was sate some of her hunger anyway. She should be lucky that he really wasn't a Wicked Stepmother and that wasn't poisoned. "Short for Madeline, is it?" When she said her name it dawned on him why she looked familiar to him and therefore what she had said about her dad only made him laugh as cats do.

"Your father, mew, is a big softy as you call it. Rurr. And more." He masked his snicker by bringing up his paw and wiping. "If your gone too long, mrurr, we'll drown in his tears."

After he was done with his paw he stretched it out and let his claws grow out a bit. He was watching them like a female would their nails, but for different reasons. "Currently. I am Tyger."

Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Sun May 09, 2010 1:03 am

Maddie took another bite of the delicious apple the cat had given her., and smiled at the cat. "Nice to meet you Tyger. Yes Maddie is short for Madeline. I prefer Maddie though."

She giggled at Tyger's comment about her father. It really didn't click that the cat actually knew her father. "Oh the big puppy will be fine. It's not like he gave me a curfew or anything. Besides I think he's kind of lost it. He see's me for the first time in weeks, and for some reason he's got it in his head that the last time he saw me I was a grown up. Isn't that silly."

Maddie went ahead and finished her apple. "Thank you Tyger that was good."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger Mon May 10, 2010 6:47 pm

That is when Tyger started to laugh, even if it was more of an evil chuckle in the likes of the Cheshire Cat. He even included a wide and toothy grin to help illustrate how funny he thought he last statement really was. "That's because you were aged, meow." Aged. For the cat there was a difference between Aged and Grown Up and it was a difference that probably only he knew.

"You always did like to drink, mew. I took pleasure in knocking that, murr, vodka bottle from you when I, mrew, saw you." He had seen her drinking something in the Lounge and now he wondered if it were the same drink or something different. Either way, the one who let her get it couldn't possibly be a responsible person. "Must be why you're a child again." Tyger stood up and let his tail slide along the bar top as he turned and flicked his tail at her.

"But you have errands," a devious purr rolling from his lips. "I should let you be about them."

Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Mon May 10, 2010 7:11 pm

Madeline shook her head. Had everybody had crazy flakes for breakfast. She was getting sick and tired of people telling her something was wrong with her. First Schala then Gawain, and now the cat. "For the last time there is nothing wrong with me. Why is everybody I know trying to say there is something wrong! I'm the same little girl I've always been. "

Madeline hopped down off the bar stool in a huff. It's not that she was mad at the cat, but just she needed some air. "Thanks for the apple Tyger, I'm gonna run my errands now."

Maddie walked out of the bar, and outside the inn. Once she was out the front door, she took the flask from her back pocket and drank the rest of it's contents down in one breath. The orange juice must had been going bad or something, because the last little bit tasted awful. "Blah!"

Maddie feeling even more relaxed, started walking funny towards town.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down