Tel'Ranaemyn: The Wandering Hills Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» Finding his way back.
by Sky Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

» "Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about ...?" ((Open to everyone))
by Archer Caughey Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 pm

» O.o This ought to shake up some moods o.O. {OPEN TO ALL}
by Kahn Jordianthan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 am

» Ghosts of the Past
by Liberty Jean Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by De'Ryanna Aybara Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

A Feeling of Doom

Go down

A Feeling of Doom Empty A Feeling of Doom

Post by Guest Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:03 pm

Arcadia had been at the Darkmane Castle for a while now as her daughter left to go clear the air with some old acquaintances. Having been gone far to long for her liking she begged Dre to go find her and now not a word from him either. Her dreams were coming but only as nightmares and all dealing with her loosing her daughter. She had lost children before but refused to loose another one. The latest of her nightmares was seeing Kyra in a dungeon of sorts bound and gagged but not by normal means at all. Arcadia let Dre's mother, Sheena know what she was feeling and the women agreed it was best that Arcadia go check up on things before something bad happens. Little did she know though that something bad had already happened.

After preparing her bags she made a portal and stepped through it and all she said before she opened the portal was lead me to my daughter. Arcadia had no idea where it would have taken her but it took her to the house that Dre built for him and Kyra. Wonderful for her she was long ago invited to come and go as she pleased otherwise the portal would have bounced her back a ways from the house. She made her way through the house and seen that while their little fae had been there she was not currently there and that gave her a little pause but she did not expect her to be waiting at the house not knowing her mother was on her way.

Still feeling the need to find her daughter she went to the next place that she thought Kyra may be and all she found was broken shelves and supplies every where. This made her heart nearly stop not knowing what was going on but she kept her cool and fixed up the forge so no one else would have to endure the worry and pain of not knowing what was going on. She kept doing what she could to find her daughter even trying to mind link but only got bounced back and echoing in her brain and it seemed Dre was out of touch as well.

Starting to get more worried and furious she went back to the house and swore under her breath, someone better have a good explanation for all of this and soon.

Back to top Go down

A Feeling of Doom Empty Re: A Feeling of Doom

Post by Lydia Nyght Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:48 pm

Iluvenis had been playing with Hopper, her pet wolf, in the nanny's room while her adoptive mom partied. They had been playing tug of war with her old teddy bear when the bear came apart, and an old piece of paper fell out. Looking around to make sure no one was looking, she picked up the paper and read it. Even though she was only seven, Iluvenis was an accomplished reader.

The top of the paper read Birth Certificate. The next line read: child's name. The only thing listed beside it was baby girl. Iluvenis looked at the next line that read birth date. The birth date listed was May, 20th 2002. Iluvenis thought for a moment. Hey Thats my birthday!! The only thing on the birth certificate was the mother's name, and that was Arcadia Nyght. Iluvenis folded the piece of paper and put it in her pocket. Iluvenis sat on the floor dumb founded. She had had that teddy bear as long as she could remember. This was the first piece of information she had about who she really was. Knowing that her adoptive mother wouldn't be back anytime soon, Iluvenis opened a window when the nanny wasn't looking and fluttered out. She didn't know where she was going, or even really where to begin looking, but she was determined to find out where she came from, and why did she end up in that god awful orphange.

Once she was a good distance away Iluvenis started walking. She been through several different towns, and cities, asking people if they knew an Arcadia Nyght. But she had no luck. Eventually she wound up in a remote area where there was a beautiful lake. Up from it, she could see the top of a huge house or castle. Iluvenis couldn't tell. She sat down at the edge of the lake. Taking her little shoes off, she dangled her feet in the cool lake water. She was getting frustrated because she was getting no where, and scared because she was so far from what she thought was her home. Now with the information in the teddy bear she didn't know where she belonged. Putting her head in her lap, she began to cry.

Lydia Nyght
Lydia Nyght

Number of posts : 237

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:56 pm

Arcadia had been fuming in the house cleaning the entire house spotless before she decided to go outside and tidy up the garden out back. It was then she noticed something was by the lake and she could hear a low cry or at least what she thought was a cry. Being the concerned mom Arcadia walked down cautiously to the lake and watched what appeared to be a young child crying. Not wanting to scare her she spoke softly and gently to the child.

::Hi, are you lost or hurt?::

She moved closer until she was about 3 feet from the child and waited for a response.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lydia Nyght Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:03 pm

Iluvenis almost jumped at the womens voice. She hadn't
t realized anyone would be out here. Wiping her tears she looked up.

"I..I..don't know. Yes...no... I don't know who I am, I can't find my home, I'm just lost. I'm looking for my mom."

She took out the piece of paper and handed it to the lady.

"I'm looking for my mom. My name is Ilu......Lydia, my name is Lydia.

The little lost Fairy didn't think it was safe to give her adoptive name or not.
Lydia Nyght
Lydia Nyght

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:09 pm

Arcadia walked a little closer to Lydia and took the paper from her hand and opened it up reading it. Tears welled up in her eyes as she knelt down next to her just staring at her. She wanted to reach out to touch her and pick her up and never let her go. Arcadia felt the same way when she found Kyra again but knew it was best to let this sink in to Lydia before she did that. It did not surprise Arcadia that her daughter's name was changed as she did only have baby girl written on the birth certificate and for that one she will have to explain it to Lydia but she liked the name and as long as she did she would let her birth name go.

::You are safe here Lydia and I think you found what you were looking for.::

She was sure the young girl would figure out quickly just what she meant without her telling her. If her hunch was correct this one was smart and did not need to be given every detail just yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lydia Nyght Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:15 pm

Lydia wasn't sure why the woman picked her up to begin with, but when she saw the expression on her face, she knew it was true.

"You're her! Your my mom!!"

Lydia returned the hug as tight as her tiny arms would let her. She had a bunch of questions, but right now, she just wanted to stay in her real mother's arms and never let go.
Lydia Nyght
Lydia Nyght

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:19 pm

Tears rolled down Arcadia's cheeks as she held her little girl looking up at the sky thanking someone who must have helped bring her home. It was a long time coming and she hoped that some day her son would return to her also but she was happy with what she was being given.

::I am her and as I said you are safe here.::

Taking a risk she kissed the top of her head and whispered to her.

::I am sure you have plenty of questions but I will wager a guess you are hungry and thirsty. We can go up and get you cleaned up while I fix you something to eat. If you want to that is. I will not push you.::

She meant that and they could stay put for as long as Lydia need or wanted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lydia Nyght Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:24 pm

Lydia returned the kiss with a tearful grin.

"I'd like that. Can I have milk and cookies?"

She had no plans of ever returning to her old home ever again.
Lydia Nyght
Lydia Nyght

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:28 pm

Arcadia smiled and nodded. She stood Lydia up and stood up herself taking her hand and leading her to the house. Arcadia started off with some light hearted talking knowing it would soon turn to the serious questions.

::For a little while you can have whatever you want, I am glad you are here. I'm sure your sister and her father will be glad also.::

Oh heavens how was she going to explain this to Kyra and Dre. Butterflies started welling up in her belly at the thought but a smile still remained as they walked to the house.

::I am sure you are welcome to stay here with me, this is their home but I am allowed to visit and stay as I need to.::

She opened the door and walked into the kitchen letting her surroundings sink in before she moved in further.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lydia Nyght Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:33 pm

As they got closer to the house, it looked humongous. She listened to every word her mother had said, but the one thing that clicked in her mind was she had a sister. Lydia got more and more excited at the thought.

"I have a sister. What's her name? What's she like? Do you think she will like me?"
Lydia Nyght
Lydia Nyght

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:40 pm

Laughing a bit she nodded and reluctantly let go of Lydia's hand to go to the fridge to get some milk and cookies for her. Putting some milk in a glass and cookies on a plate she motioned for her to sit at the kitchen table. Setting both down in front of her she sat next to her and watched and listened.

::Yes you have a sister and you have a brother. Your sister is 18 and her name is Kyra. It might take her a bit to get used to having a sister but I think in time she will like you. Kyra is a very special being and so are you and your brother. You all will learn your gifts in time.::

She was reluctant to say much on the talents as she was not aware of what all they were going to be able to do. Time will tell and the joy would be in teaching them both their paths in life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lydia Nyght Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:50 pm

Lydia smiled, and trying not to act like she hadn't ate in weeks, ate her cookies very slowly.

Kyra is a pretty name. I have a brother too, what's he like?"

When Arcadia mentioned gifts, she started fluttering her wings.

"Oh you mean these things." She giggled.

She looked at Arcadia thoughtful for a moment. "I guess you want to know something about me huh?"
Lydia Nyght
Lydia Nyght

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:58 pm

Sensing that her daughter was far more hungry than she let on, Arcadia got up and moved over to the fridge again and made a sandwich cutting it in half. It was a turkey and cheese and also put a few apple slices on the plate. Taking that and the jug of milk back to the table she sat again. Smiling she let the plate sit there hoping Lydia would take the hint and eat some more but not over doing it.

::I'm not sure what your brother is like but that is a discussion for another time. And yes that is one of the gifts I was referring too. I am also a faerie and so is Kyra. You both get that from me.::

She gently stroked her hair and let her fingers flow over her wings softly.

::I would like to know more about you. Things like where you have been and how you found your birth certificate. And just anything you think I might want to know.::

Sitting there she was ready for whatever Lydia wanted to offer to tell her or ask her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lydia Nyght Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:03 pm

Lydia, not trying to hide it this time, dove into the sandwich. Turkey and cheese was one of her favorites.

"Well, up till last year, I lived in an orphanage. Then last year, this nice lady named Emilia adopted me. We live in a cheap motel a good bit from here. She's nice and everything, but she's not you."

Lydia realized she may have spoke too soon, and held her head down in a blush.
Lydia Nyght
Lydia Nyght

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:09 pm

Arcadia perked up a little at what her daughter just told her and tried to hide a laugh. How honest young ones were when they felt safe.

::It is alright to speak your mind as long as you do it respectfully.::

She was definitely going to have to talk to Dre about this one since she was adopted out to someone but surely Lydia would not be taken from her.

::Did you have a family with her?::

Arcadia was trying her best not to show it but this worried her now. She was not going to let some stranger raise her daughter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lydia Nyght Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:19 pm

Lydia shrugged "Yeah I guess. I mean Emilia..that is her name, she has a dad, some kind of God. I think his name is Cupid. I think he's the God of that holiday where grown ups act all mushy and silly.Oh and Emilia's mom named Gwendolyn. Outside of that, it was mostly her friends. One of them was this really creepy nice old lady. Oh... what was her name.. Mars, Pluto, Neptune. Oh!! I got it her name was Venis. Venis was nice though, had a zillion men working for her, although I'm not sure what it is that they do though. I Emilia one time, but she said she would explain when I'm older."
Lydia Nyght
Lydia Nyght

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:24 pm

Before she could contain herself Arcadia sighed and shook her head. What luck of hers to have her daughter so close but yet so far from her. She was familiar with everyone that Lydia had mentioned including "Cupid". She would have to talk to Dre about that one because last she had heard Eros was dead and had been for some time.

::Do not worry my little one. You will not have to see any of them ever again. Although that creepy nice old lady is one of Kyra's grandmothers and one of Dre's mommies. You and Kyra both have something in common about Venis. But that is enough talking of them. I am glad they were good to you but even happier you are here with me. I refuse to let anyone cause us to be apart again.::

She smiled meaning every word she spoke and would die this time before she would let someone take her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lydia Nyght Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:31 pm

Lydia gleamed at her mother. "Good because I don't plan on going anywhere either. although I will miss my friend Madeline. She use to come by and see me sometimes. Real nice girl. Although I haven't seen her in months."

After she finished her sandwich, she let out a small burp. She quickly covered her mouth and said excuse me.

"So this Dre, that owns this house, what's he like? Are you guys married? Do you love each other?"
Lydia Nyght
Lydia Nyght

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:35 pm

She laughed a little listening to her and shook her head softly. Lydia would be happy to know that Madeline was Kyra's best friend which meant she would be around to see her too.

::Well Madeline is a very nice young lady and is Kyra's best friend. They are as thick as thieves and nearly inseparable.::

She blushed herself at the last set of questions and was not sure how to answer that one.

::Well Dre is Dre. You will see what I mean when you meet him. No we are not married and yes I do love him. He gave me Kyra and I will not ever stop loving him for that precious gift.::

She was not going to let other feelings be known just yet. There were still things that needed to be figured out and that would happen in time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lydia Nyght Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:45 pm

Lydia ears perked up, and her eyes sparkled. "Great, maybe I'll get to see her.
I can'r wait to meet him. Will him and Kyra be home?"
Lydia Nyght
Lydia Nyght

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:50 pm

Another sigh came from her lips as she looked to Lydia. She did not know how to answer that as she was not sure what was going on and why she was unable to get in touch with Kyra or Dre.

::I hope they will be home soon. I am not sure where they are off to at the moment.::

She tried her best not to let worry enter her voice as she spoke. At that moment she received a mind link from Dre and at that point the worry did settle into her voice and on her features. Looking to Lydia she knelt closer to her and whispered softly.

::I need you to do me a big favor. I need you to stay here in the house and do not leave no matter what. You are safe here and the house is protected so no one can come on the lands or in the house unless they were invited. Not even a god can get here without an invitation. I need to go check on Kyra and Dre but I promise I will return soon. Will you promise not to leave the house no matter what?::

She waited for an answer to that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lydia Nyght Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:54 pm

Lydia nodded. "Yes Mom, I'll stay here. I trust you and this house. Be careful. May I look around?"
Lydia Nyght
Lydia Nyght

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:57 pm

Arcadia leaned down and kisses her cheek and gave her a hug. The tears welled up at how quickly Lydia took to calling her mom, it warmed her heart in ways that were unimaginable and helped Arcadia begin to completely heal from what she thought was a loss. Standing up she spoke softly.

::Do not go into Kyra or Dre's rooms. But there are other rooms you can explore and I am sure they will not mind if you choose one for yourself and if they do I will take it up with Dre. I will be safe and will bring them home as quickly as I can.::

She gave her another hug and realized as she was going through the portal that she did not tell her which rooms were theirs but was sure it would not be hard to tell or so she hoped.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lydia Nyght Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:02 pm

Lydia gave her mom a quick hug and kiss. "Okay Mom, be careful."

She started to walk off into the house, then she turned around. "I love you."

With that, she left to go explore the house
Lydia Nyght
Lydia Nyght

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content